Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 214,807

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Read more

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#197364 Dec 22, 2013
A reformist weeds out the hereticism seen in the flock.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#197365 Dec 22, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Jesus was a heretic, not a reformist.
you are entitled to your opinion I suppose

but the historical record sure doesnt support that

and your nonsense about theology has no part of it, as organized Judaism is more robust in theology than you care to admit

Location hidden

#197366 Dec 22, 2013
A religion can evolve or digress only if it overthrows most or all of its original teachings/practices and does away with its scriptural God by pushing forward new doctrines that reflect teachings and practices based on a different set of principles other than those advocated by the original book. Editing a religious book by picking and choosing is not reform. It is simply editing while sticking to the principal tenets and worship of the original God of its scripture.

Location hidden

#197368 Dec 22, 2013
The first word is never the last word.

Location hidden

#197369 Dec 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

but the historical record sure doesnt support that
What does the historical record support? Give me examples.

I'd like to check your claim.

Location hidden

#197370 Dec 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

organized Judaism is more robust in theology than you care to admit
LOL.

Judaism - organized or unorganized - is an ugly relic of a barbaric past.

Among the world's religions, Judaism has perhaps the highest attrition rate in losing most of its flock who turn away from the barbarism of the Tanach in disgust and readily take to atheism, eastern mysticism or rationalism.

Judaism is an object of ridicule and disgust everywhere.

Location hidden

#197371 Dec 22, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the historical record support? Give me examples.
I'd like to check your claim.
you cant prove a negative - thats my point

You are doing the same thing the Christians are doing, you are canonizing an individual on your own

Dont be a Hughbe. Just admit you made a boo boo and move on.

Location hidden

#197372 Dec 22, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Judaism - organized or unorganized - is an ugly relic of a barbaric past.
Among the world's religions, Judaism has perhaps the highest attrition rate in losing most of its flock who turn away from the barbarism of the Tanach in disgust and readily take to atheism, eastern mysticism or rationalism.
Judaism is an object of ridicule and disgust everywhere.
opinion noted

irrelevant

Location hidden

#197374 Dec 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

you cant prove a negative - thats my point

What?

Which negative cannot be proved?

You spoke of a historical record? right?

Give me the historical record so that i can check your bull shit claims.

Where intelligence is concerned, please remember, that you're not fit to polish my shoes.

Location hidden

#197375 Dec 22, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Where intelligence is concerned, please remember, that you're not fit to polish my shoes.
no, I said your claims were NOT supported by the historical record

one of these days you need to learn how to read

calm down, dont choke on your knish

Location hidden

#197376 Dec 22, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
just so you are clear what you said

Location hidden

#197377 Dec 22, 2013
End of debate. I don't like debating intellectually deficient and fanatical individuals.

Location hidden

#197378 Dec 22, 2013
Good night.

Location hidden

#197379 Dec 22, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Now back to the substance

Admittedly the line between heretic and reformer is a matter of opinion. But what we do know about Jesus is that there is no record from himself that he was a god. According to folklore, he was pushing religious reform. According to folklore, he was Jewish, and in all likelihood a teacher (i.e. a rabbi). Therefore, according to folklore, he was a reform Jew, or a reform Rabbi.

I dont find any of his teachings heretical, and his ethical teachings were right out of the normative Jewish teachings at the time, even his disdain for ritual (more than one prophet from earlier times had the same message). His theology (or what you would call his emphasis on nonduality) does not contradict ANY of the normative Jewish views, then, or now, because Jews then, and now, have been most accepting of these things.

Location hidden

#197380 Dec 22, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
End of debate. I don't like debating intellectually deficient and fanatical individuals.
running away is no answer either

just admit you made a boo boo and move on

dont be so zealous

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#197381 Dec 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
well, once you hit the reply button, the previous posts disappear and you fly naked
Do you consider yourself a prophet? I know the Christians have different notions of a what a prophet is than us Jews, and I have no idea how Muslims define them as.
rabbee: well what do you call, anyone who is passing on what G-D actually came and gave to them? when i consider HaShem G-D, i got this all from as THE-PROPHET. all i am doing, is just telling you all about IT. this is from G-D, and not from any inspired men. i have seen and fought against G-D, and lost the fight after 41 years of fighting, and live to tell about IT.

so it is not my fault, if G-D made me look like a prophet. i grew up in a family with an atheist father. how in the hell, would i know any of this if not actually for G-D? it's too weird to be made up, by any man on earth. i lost the fight, G-D Won. now i have no other choice, but to do as THEY said to me. THEY could have crushed me, easier than i could crush an ant. but THEY, didn't. how can any one, with that much power be so gentle? and no one on earth, is capable of telling me my life story before it happened. i have a real hard time accepting this, now it's your turn.

Denver, CO

#197382 Dec 22, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
rabbee: well that is what all you, heretic pagan demonic reformist say.

Denver, CO

#197384 Dec 22, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
A religion can evolve or digress only if it overthrows most or all of its original teachings/practices and does away with its scriptural God by pushing forward new doctrines that reflect teachings and practices based on a different set of principles other than those advocated by the original book. Editing a religious book by picking and choosing is not reform. It is simply editing while sticking to the principal tenets and worship of the original God of its scripture.
rabbee: well we have already begun that, by overthrowing all of your religious teaching and practices not to mention doing away with your being a scriptural g-d.

Denver, CO

#197385 Dec 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
dont be so zealous
rabbee: yeah those joelites, are worse than the eeshmaelites that bought and sold Yosheph in human trafficking.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#197388 Dec 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
dont be so zealous
At this point you're supposed to fall down and worship His JOELness..l.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News From parking lot to cathedral, Richard III is c... 8 hr SpaceBlues 2
News New theory on Stonehenge describes it as 'an an... Mar 23 Garry Denke 1
News On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Unsealed (Jan '13) Mar 18 susan 3
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Mar 16 original indian 188
News How ISIS Is Destroying Ancient Art in Iraq and ... Mar 11 jinxi 6
News Mummy Problems: As Florida Bans 'Climate Change... Mar 10 IB DaMann 3
News Islamic State destroying another ancient site i... Mar 7 Jeff Brightone 1
More from around the web