Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 248462 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#195927 Nov 28, 2013
for all their not here in TheTorah new testaments, shall cost you your here in TheTorah souls.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#195928 Nov 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
We do not claim. We DECLARE that we believe in the God of Abraham. We do not believe in the God of Christianity.
As for Jesus, the son of Mary, he too believed in the God of Abraham only, not in the God given by the Church.
Carry on lying!
Jesus is the God of Abraham!
Jesus is the eternal Word of God.
Creator of all things and Savior of the world.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#195929 Nov 28, 2013
Question, should America or Israel be forced to destroy their nuclear weapons?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#195930 Nov 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
And tell me ignorant fool how can you believe that Jesus existed, when there is no record of Jesus in History?"
I am trying to make you think, knowing well that Christians like you, are forbidden to think.
Hey Thoughtless Liar of a "Muslim,"

If Jesus didn't exist, then Mohammad was a false prophet, IF the "Coran" is an accurate record of his "divine revelations."
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#195931 Nov 28, 2013
bmz--And tell me ignorant fool how can you believe that Jesus existed, when there is no record of Jesus in History?"

El Cid----If Jesus didn't exist, then Mohammad was a false prophet...

HughBe--- Interesting exchange. Observations:

1. BMZ believes in the historical Jesus. All Muslims do.

2. As far as I am aware once an event has passed it is history.

3. The recording or non-recording of any event does not change the fact that it has occurred. There are many things that happened TODAY that shall not be recorded in history.

4. Being recorded in a secular source does not give anything more authenticity over the records of a religious nature.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#195932 Nov 28, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Thoughtless Liar of a "Muslim,"
If Jesus didn't exist, then Mohammad was a false prophet, IF the "Coran" is an accurate record of his "divine revelations."
Typical Christian lying polemicist's style.

I had written this:

"Think hard about this polemic fool, who has written about Muhammad a lot in the past and now the bloody fool writes a book "Did Muhammad exist?"

Even a birdbrain will stand up and ask Robert Spencer, "Hey, Fool! Why did you write so much about Muhammad in the past, if you think that he did not exist?

And tell me ignorant fool how can you believe that Jesus existed, when there is no record of Jesus in History?"

I am trying to make you think, knowing well that Christians like you, are forbidden to think."

It was part of a question that even a birdbrain would have asked the churlish fool Robert Spencer.

Anyway, Buford, this wretched fool Robert Spencer is a filthy liar out to make money from gullible American hardcore Christians by writing against Islam.

How can one trust this man, who has been writing against Muhammad, Qur'aan and Islam for years and now comes up with a book "Did Muhammad exist?"

You are not a fool but at least you can try to think like the birdbrain I was talking about.

Thanks

bmz

Singapore

#195933 Nov 28, 2013
HughBe wrote:
bmz--And tell me ignorant fool how can you believe that Jesus existed, when there is no record of Jesus in History?"

El Cid----If Jesus didn't exist, then Mohammad was a false prophet...

HughBe--- Interesting exchange. Observations:

1. BMZ believes in the historical Jesus. All Muslims do.

2. As far as I am aware once an event has passed it is history.

3. The recording or non-recording of any event does not change the fact that it has occurred.

There are many things that happened TODAY that shall not be recorded in history.

4. Being recorded in a secular source does not give anything more authenticity over the records of a religious nature.
Thank you for a great reply, HughBe

The problem with the polemicists here is that they extract a line and beat around the bush that leads only to silly intellectual masturbation of theirs.

Have a good night.

BMZ

bmz

Singapore

#195934 Nov 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Jesus is the God of Abraham!
Jesus is the eternal Word of God.
Creator of all things and Savior of the world.
LMAO!

In order to be able to blast and pulverize the above lies spread by the Church fathers and also to educate yourself, please read Isaiah 45 and ask LORD the God Almighty for forgiveness.

Once you have chewed and digested Isaiah 45, you will stop believing the lies and nonsense churned out against my dearest mother Maryam's son.

bmz

Singapore

#195935 Nov 28, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Question, should America or Israel be forced to destroy their nuclear weapons?
That is a great question, HugBe.

I have always wondered why does the so-called "International Community" of a few does not ask that question? And also why does not the Western Media Circus raise up that question boldly?

At least they can ask "Why is Israel allowed to have nukes?

Location hidden

#195936 Nov 28, 2013
Spencer
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical Christian lying polemicist's style.
I had written this:
"Think hard about this polemic fool, who has written about Muhammad a lot in the past and now the bloody fool writes a book "Did Muhammad exist?"
Even a birdbrain will stand up and ask Robert Spencer, "Hey, Fool! Why did you write so much about Muhammad in the past, if you think that he did not exist?
I am trying to make you think, knowing well that Christians like you, are forbidden to think."
It was part of a question that even a birdbrain would have asked the churlish fool Robert Spencer.
Anyway, Buford, this wretched fool Robert Spencer is a filthy liar out to make money from gullible American hardcore Christians by writing against Islam.
How can one trust this man, who has been writing against Muhammad, Qur'aan and Islam for years and now comes up with a book "Did Muhammad exist?"
You are not a fool but at least you can try to think like the birdbrain I was talking about.
Thanks
Spencer is right!
This Muhammad does not exist in the history of the Muslims.

Among the reasons for the rapid and peaceful spread of Islam was the truth and clarity of its doctrine. Islam calls for faith in only one God, Who is the only one worthy of worship.

The Prophet Muhammad was a perfect example of an honest, just, merciful, compassionate, truthful, and brave human being. Though he was a man, he was far removed from all evil characteristics and strove solely for the sake of God and His reward in the Hereafter. Moreover, in all his actions and dealings, he was ever mindful and fearful of God.

Can you produced evidence that the above Muslim portrayal of Muhammad exist in the actual factual history of Islam?

The Quran reveals that Muhammad is a liar and an evil person that rejected Gods moral laws.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#195938 Nov 28, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I could give you a long, comprehensive explanation of this, but it has a little bit of depth to it, and therefore, I couldn't be more sure that I would be completely wasting my time.
I KNOW it is a long explanation, spoken in Gibberish, the words sound like English, but make no sense at all.

That is how Christianity is engulfed in secrecy, no one is able to understand and explain it to people in simple reasonable way.

That is why Atheism is spreading like wild fire in Most of Western nations, after some time, there would be left only those "Christians" who will have Christian sounding names and they would celebrate Christmas, not because of its importance, but only because of its economic gains.

You would be wasting yours and mine time to "explain", how Jesus became God in Flesh!!

I saw the same attitude, when you dare not bring any of the "Sure shot" Jesus prophesies from Bible during our earlier discussion.

Want to do it now?

Location hidden

#195940 Nov 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
In order to be able to blast and pulverize the above lies spread by the Church fathers and also to educate yourself, please read Isaiah 45 and ask LORD the God Almighty for forgiveness.
Once you have chewed and digested Isaiah 45, you will stop believing the lies and nonsense churned out against my dearest mother Maryam's son.
What is your point?

Before you accuse Christians of worshiping a false God in their worship of Jesus Christ you need to prove that the teachings of Jesus Christ are false teachings.

Jesus taught in the NT Gospels:
Mark 12:29 ESV
English Standard Version

Jesus answered, "The most important is,'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

All Christians accept the teachings of Jesus as the Word of God.

So what is your point?

bmz

Singapore

#195941 Nov 29, 2013
Shamma wrote:
What is your point?

Before you accuse Christians of worshiping a false God in their worship of Jesus Christ you need to prove that the teachings of Jesus Christ are false teachings.

Jesus taught in the NT Gospels:

Mark 12:29 ESV
English Standard Version
Jesus answered, "The most important is,'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.
All Christians accept the teachings of Jesus as the Word of God.

So what is your point?
My point?

This was my point to Eric about the so-called second commandment from Jesus:

"I always find the so-called second commandment of Jesus hilarious. It shows as if Jesus did not know the ten Commandments well and could count only up to one.

"Love your neighbour as yourself" cannot be called the second commandment as it does not exist and cannot even be found in the ten Commandments.

It also shows as if Jews never knew how to love their neighbour and always hated their neighbours.

In the tribal cultures all over the world back then, people always loved their neighbours.

Some overzealous scribe or copyist added that."

bmz

Singapore

#195942 Nov 29, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Spencer<quoted text>Spencer is right!

This Muhammad does not exist in the history of the Muslims.

Among the reasons for the rapid and peaceful spread of Islam was the truth and clarity of its doctrine. Islam calls for faith in only one God, Who is the only one worthy of worship.

The Prophet Muhammad was a perfect example of an honest, just, merciful, compassionate, truthful, and brave human being. Though he was a man, he was far removed from all evil characteristics and strove solely for the sake of God and His reward in the Hereafter. Moreover, in all his actions and dealings, he was ever mindful and fearful of God.

Can you produced evidence that the above Muslim portrayal of Muhammad exist in the actual factual history of Islam?

The Quran reveals that Muhammad is a liar and an evil person that rejected Gods moral laws.
Robert Spencer is a hardcore JesusFreak, a filthy Christian polemicist and an ignorant fool!

The man lies through his teeth and his arse, just like you.

Yes, I have evidence. Come, fly to me.

bmz

Singapore

#195943 Nov 29, 2013
Shamma wrote:
No, Qur'aan does not show that, Mr. Liar.

Qur'aan and Muhammad revealed the liars, who called God a Trinity and Jesus, the son of God. It also exposes the lies of Christianity.

bmz

Singapore

#195944 Nov 29, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I KNOW it is a long explanation, spoken in Gibberish, the words sound like English, but make no sense at all.

That is how Christianity is engulfed in secrecy, no one is able to understand and explain it to people in simple reasonable way.

That is why Atheism is spreading like wild fire in Most of Western nations, after some time, there would be left only those "Christians" who will have Christian sounding names and they would celebrate Christmas, not because of its importance, but only because of its economic gains.

You would be wasting yours and mine time to "explain", how Jesus became God in Flesh!!

I saw the same attitude, when you dare not bring any of the "Sure shot" Jesus prophesies from Bible during our earlier discussion.

Want to do it now?
Hello, MUQ

I don't think Seeker would do that.

Not a single Christian can explain, show and prove that Jesus became God in flesh or said that he was God in flesh or God in person.

Jesus is not on record for making absurd statements.

Salaams
BMZ
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#195945 Nov 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Qur'aan does not show that, Mr. Liar.
Qur'aan and Muhammad revealed the liars, who called God a Trinity and Jesus, the son of God. It also exposes the lies of Christianity.
Quran conclusively shows that you lying person. As could gahter from the posts of you and others of your supporters, you can not counter any of the points presented by us and then you keep mum on that point and after some time once again raise the same point expecting that every one else has forgotten.
This is the patented method of deception you use....

What was your answer regarding Sura 5:20, there was none except illogical gibberish from MUQ. Becoming an imporatant official does not make one "King". Besides, I had not yet presented my full analysis then, now let us see how you can counter this one -

The Qur'an states:

Remember Moses said to his people: "O my people! Call in remembrance the favour of Allah unto you, when He produced prophets among you, made you kings, and gave you what He had not given to any other among the peoples." [Sura 5:20]

There are two options how to understand this verse. Both lead to serious historical errors.
Moses himself could never have said it this way, because Israel only became a distinctive "people" during their time in Egypt (and most of this time, they were slaves to the Egyptians). They became a separate nation in their own right in the time of Moses by God's act of liberating them, leading them out of Egypt, and giving them a "constitution" through his covenant with them at Mount Sinai (Exodus 19-23).

Moses was the first prophet from among Israel; and Israel's first king, Saul, would begin his reign about 400 years after Moses.

Therefore, at the time when Moses was standing before the people of Israel there had not yet been any prophets or kings from among them that he could call their remembrance to.

This is, therefore, another historical compression in the Qur'an and a clear contradiction to history as documented in the Bible.

Muhammad had heard of many kings and prophets in Israel, but was not clear about their historical succession, so that his ignorance lead to this historical error in the Qur'an.

(Contd..)
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#195946 Nov 29, 2013
Another option would be that Muhammad reformulated whatever he had heard about Exodus 19 where it is stated:

"Then Moses went up to God, and the Lord called to him from the mountain and said, "This is what you are to say to the house of Jacob and what you are to tell the people of Israel:‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself. Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Althought the whole earth is mine, you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words you are to speak to the Israelites." [Ex. 19:3-6]

Several observations: First, the people of Israel were never offered to all become kings (as the verse in the Qur'an seems to say). No, they should become priests, a kingdom of priests, but it is God's kingdom, where the Lord only is their king. Second, there is no mention of prophets in that passage. Third, and most important, the Israelites became disobedient very fast, and therefore not all of Israel became priests, only one family, the descendents of Aaron, received the priesthood, while the tribe of Levi (one of twelve tribes) would be servants for other religious and temple duties. This offer and promise of "all Israel a kingdom of priests" did not become reality.

I am not aware of any passage in the Torah or the other parts of the Jewish scriptures where all Israelites are called kings. In the contrary, at the end of Moses' life, in Deuteronomy 17:14-20 God PREDICTS that in the FUTURE Israel will ask for a king then and tells Moses in advance what the people are to do in that case. Not one of them was a king at the time of Moses.

If Muhammad refered to this passage, instead of thinking about the whole of Israelite history, then he also messed it up considerably, both in content and regarding the time frame, because in the Torah, it is an offer for the future (which did not become reality), while in the Qur'an it is a call to rememberance of what Allah has supposedly already given them (however he never did, because of their disobedience).

In any case, whatever its exact meaning, the verse in the Qur'an is historically wrong. Can we really maintain the claim that the author of this quranic confusion is the one true God?

Please counter the above my muslim friends

Location hidden

#195947 Nov 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
My point?
This was my point to Eric about the so-called second commandment from Jesus:
"I always find the so-called second commandment of Jesus hilarious. It shows as if Jesus did not know the ten Commandments well and could count only up to one.
"Love your neighbour as yourself" cannot be called the second commandment as it does not exist and cannot even be found in the ten Commandments.
It also shows as if Jews never knew how to love their neighbour and always hated their neighbours.
In the tribal cultures all over the world back then, people always loved their neighbours.
Some overzealous scribe or copyist added that."
Your post shows that Muslims worship another God instead of the God that created the world.
You are ignorant of the teachings of God.
"We are to love God with all of our heart, mind, body and with all
of our strength"
Why?
Because God is Holy and Good.
And all that God created He saw that it was good.
And we are created in the Holiness and goodness of God.
So we are to love our neighbor as our self because we are created in the image of the Holiness and goodness of God.

Here on earth we are to express the Holiness and Goodness of Gods love for us to each other.

As God shares his love for us we are too share our love of God back to God by loving our neighbor as our self.
God loved us first before we loved God.

Muslims are void of understanding the Holy Scriptures.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#195948 Nov 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for a great reply, HughBe
The problem with the polemicists here is that they extract a line and beat around the bush that leads only to silly intellectual masturbation of theirs.
Have a good night.
BMZ
BMZ, my observation is that the "righteous" on this forum do not have a relationship with truth and here I am speaking generally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Giant sphere sparks debate Apr 15 Phyllis Schlafly ... 1
News Did Islam reach France 1,300 years ago? DNA and... Apr 10 Muslim Bounty Hunter 19
News Send in the archaeologists to help restore Palm... Mar '16 Ostreology 1
Stunning 2200-Year-Old Mosaics Discovered in An... Mar '16 west38 1
Identity Through Architecture & Arts (ITAA) Mar '16 moabdallah 1
News The 'first four' and their fight from slavery t... Mar '16 White and Right 1
News ScienceDiscovery of female bones at Stonehenge ... Feb '16 Ray 1
More from around the web