Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253928 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#195908 Nov 28, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
They also claim that Krishna was a butter thief and seduced Gopi girls...
Alex--They also claim that Krishna...seduced Gopi girls.

HughBe--- Solomon would say that Krishna was a man after his own heart.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#195909 Nov 28, 2013
http://www.amazon.com/Did-Muhammad-Exist-Inqu...

Did Muhammad Exist?: An Inquiry into Islam's Obscure Origins Hardcover
by Robert Spencer

Did Muhammad exist?

It is a question that few have thought—or dared—to ask. Virtually everyone, Muslim and non-Muslim alike, takes for granted that the prophet of Islam lived and led in seventh-century Arabia.

But this widely accepted story begins to crumble on close examination, as Robert Spencer shows in his eye-opening new book.

In his blockbuster bestseller The Truth about Muhammad, Spencer revealed the shocking contents of the earliest Islamic biographical material about the prophet of Islam. Now, in Did Muhammad Exist?, he uncovers that material’s surprisingly shaky historical foundations. Spencer meticulously examines historical records, archaeological findings, and pioneering new scholarship to reconstruct what we can know about Muhammad, the Qur’an, and the early days of Islam. The evidence he presents challenges the most fundamental assumptions about Islam’s origins.

Did Muhammad Exist? reveals:

How the earliest biographical material about Muhammad dates from at least 125 years after his reported death
How six decades passed before the Arabian conquerors—or the people they conquered—even mentioned Muhammad, the Qur’an, or Islam
The startling evidence that the Qur’an was constructed from existing materials—including pre-Islamic Christian texts
How even Muslim scholars acknowledge that countless reports of Muhammad’s deeds were fabricated
Why a famous mosque inscription may refer not to Muhammad but, astonishingly, to Jesus
How the oldest records referring to a man named Muhammad bear little resemblance to the now-standard Islamic account of the life of the prophet
The many indications that Arabian leaders fashioned Islam for political reasons

Far from an anti-Islamic polemic, Did Muhammad Exist? is a sober but unflinching look at the origins of one of the world’s major religions. While Judaism and Christianity have been subjected to searching historical criticism for more than two centuries, Islam has never received the same treatment on any significant scale.

The real story of Muhammad and early Islam has long remained in the shadows. Robert Spencer brings it into the light at long last.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#195910 Nov 28, 2013
El Cid wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Did-Muha mmad-Exist-Inquiry-Obscure/dp/ 161017061X
Did Muhammad Exist?: An Inquiry into Islam's Obscure Origins Hardcover
by Robert Spencer
Did Muhammad exist?
It is a question that few have thought—or dared—to ask. Virtually everyone, Muslim and non-Muslim alike, takes for granted that the prophet of Islam lived and led in seventh-century Arabia.
But this widely accepted story begins to crumble on close examination, as Robert Spencer shows in his eye-opening new book.
In his blockbuster bestseller The Truth about Muhammad, Spencer revealed the shocking contents of the earliest Islamic biographical material about the prophet of Islam. Now, in Did Muhammad Exist?, he uncovers that material’s surprisingly shaky historical foundations. Spencer meticulously examines historical records, archaeological findings, and pioneering new scholarship to reconstruct what we can know about Muhammad, the Qur’an, and the early days of Islam. The evidence he presents challenges the most fundamental assumptions about Islam’s origins.
Did Muhammad Exist? reveals:
How the earliest biographical material about Muhammad dates from at least 125 years after his reported death
How six decades passed before the Arabian conquerors—or the people they conquered—even mentioned Muhammad, the Qur’an, or Islam
The startling evidence that the Qur’an was constructed from existing materials—including pre-Islamic Christian texts
How even Muslim scholars acknowledge that countless reports of Muhammad’s deeds were fabricated
Why a famous mosque inscription may refer not to Muhammad but, astonishingly, to Jesus
How the oldest records referring to a man named Muhammad bear little resemblance to the now-standard Islamic account of the life of the prophet
The many indications that Arabian leaders fashioned Islam for political reasons
Far from an anti-Islamic polemic, Did Muhammad Exist? is a sober but unflinching look at the origins of one of the world’s major religions. While Judaism and Christianity have been subjected to searching historical criticism for more than two centuries, Islam has never received the same treatment on any significant scale.
The real story of Muhammad and early Islam has long remained in the shadows. Robert Spencer brings it into the light at long last.
Robert Spencer is an idiot and an ignorant fool.

It is generally said that Jesus never existed. And now we have the clueless polemic fool, who does not believe that Muhammad existed.

In 2006, Robert Spencer, the notoriously famous Christian polemicist wrote a book titled "The Truth About Muhammad", so how can the wretched fool now come up with his new book "Did Muhammad exist?"?

Looks like it took the fool seven years to think of this.
bmz

Singapore

#195911 Nov 28, 2013
El Cid wrote:
Looks like you have not heard of the famous Christian apologist and polemicists Sir William Muir, who had written "The Life of Mahomet". He did not know how to pronounce the name Muhammad but wrote a lot about him.
bmz

Singapore

#195912 Nov 28, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”
In the Spirit is referring to God's Spirit, most likely the Holy Spirit. It says God is spirit. That is a description of a form of God, and then it says the Spirit to represent God's spirit or God in that form. God is not like man, God is spirit. I don't know how your mind floats over parts of verses that it doesn't want to see. You can say the verse is all invented hogwash, as you always conveniently tell yourself whenever you run into something you don't want to hear, but the verse means what I said, and it's pretty clear. God is spirit. That statement alone nullifies your interpretation. In true spirit means worshiping God as Spirit.
You make a poor case, Seeker. You could not comprehend what I wrote, so please read again:

Would like to suggest a correction and in my humble view, it should be:

One should worship the Father in the spirit and in truth,(no S in caps) and this simply means that one should worship the Father in true spirit, not in the Spirit because God is not inside any Spirit.

And then I had added "Right?"

Of course, I am right.

One does not worship God in the Spirit. God is not contained inside a Spirit.

Jesus said that God is spirit. And a spirit does not need to live in the so-called "the Spirit".

You must worship God in true spirit. That is what Jesus meant. An easy example is "Play the match or the game in true spirit", which means to play as a true sportsman.

How come you cannot understand your own native language?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#195913 Nov 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert Spencer is an idiot and an ignorant fool.
It is generally said that Jesus never existed. And now we have the clueless polemic fool, who does not believe that Muhammad existed.
In 2006, Robert Spencer, the notoriously famous Christian polemicist wrote a book titled "The Truth About Muhammad", so how can the wretched fool now come up with his new book "Did Muhammad exist?"?
Looks like it took the fool seven years to think of this.
How expected of you to respond as you have, insulting and most arrogant liar of a "Muslim" that you are.

Chew on this: http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp...

Sahih International: And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.

Pickthall: And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger - they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain.

Yusuf Ali: That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

Shakir: And their saying: Surely we have killed the Messiah, Isa son of Marium, the messenger of Allah; and they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them so (like Isa) and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it; they have no knowledge respecting it, but only follow a conjecture, and they killed him not for sure.

Muhammad Sarwar: and their statement that they murdered Jesus, son of Mary, the Messenger of God, when, in fact, they could not have murdered him or crucified him. They, in fact, murdered someone else by mistake. Even those who disputed (the question of whether or not Jesus was murdered) did not have a shred of evidence. All that they knew about it was mere conjecture. They certainly could not have murdered Jesus.

Mohsin Khan: And because of their saying (in boast), "We killed Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allah," - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of 'Iesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man), and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e.'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)]:

Arberry: and for their saying,'We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, the Messenger of God'-- yet they did not slay him, neither crucified him, only a likeness of that was shown to them. Those who are at variance concerning him surely are in doubt regarding him; they have no knowledge of him, except the following of surmise; and they slew him not of a certainty -- no indeed;
bmz

Singapore

#195914 Nov 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
NO!

Muslims falsely claim they believe in the God of Abraham.
We do not claim. We DECLARE that we believe in the God of Abraham. We do not believe in the God of Christianity.

As for Jesus, the son of Mary, he too believed in the God of Abraham only, not in the God given by the Church.

Carry on lying!
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#195915 Nov 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you have not heard of the famous Christian apologist and polemicists Sir William Muir, who had written "The Life of Mahomet". He did not know how to pronounce the name Muhammad but wrote a lot about him.
http://forums.understanding-islam.com/showthr...

"The divine revelation was the cornerstone of Islam." ~ Sir William Muir

Error #1: Presuming a divine origin for the "Coran."
Eric

Downers Grove, IL

#195916 Nov 28, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me Einstein, does my use of the words DUMB BITCH make me unrighteous?
Yes. Unrighteous is not to follow the commandments. Unless you call yourself a dumb bitch, you are not treating your neighbor as yourself--the second most important commandment.

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied:“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’

38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

39 And the second is like it:‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
bmz

Singapore

#195917 Nov 28, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>How expected of you to respond as you have, insulting and most arrogant liar of a "Muslim" that you are.
Chew on this: http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp...
Off-topic

I have already made you chew on that.

I had written the following about the polemic Christian ignorant fool Robert Spencer:

"Robert Spencer is an idiot and an ignorant fool.

Looks like it took the fool seven years to think of this."

Think hard about this polemic fool, who has written about Muhammad a lot in the past and now the bloody fool writes a book "Did Muhammad exist?"

Even a birdbrain will stand up and ask Robert Spencer, "Hey, Fool! Why did you write so much about Muhammad in the past, if you think that he did not exist?

And tell me ignorant fool how can you believe that Jesus existed, when there is no record of Jesus in History?"

I am trying to make you think, knowing well that Christians like you, are forbidden to think.
bmz

Singapore

#195918 Nov 28, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
http://forums.understanding-islam.com/showthr...
"The divine revelation was the cornerstone of Islam." ~ Sir William Muir
Error #1: Presuming a divine origin for the "Coran."
Off-topic again!

Can't you understand what I wrote?

I had written this and it went way above your head:

The point was to show that William Muir, a highly educated hardcore JesusFreak acknowledged that Muhammad existed, while the ignoramus Robert Spencer, having written about Muhammad for years, comes up with a book "Did Muhammad exist" six years later.

Only an idiot would do so and other idiots would believe him instead of questioning the ignorant fool.

Did you get it now?

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#195919 Nov 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Off-topic
I have already made you chew on that.
I had written the following about the polemic Christian ignorant fool Robert Spencer:
"Robert Spencer is an idiot and an ignorant fool.
Looks like it took the fool seven years to think of this."
Think hard about this polemic fool, who has written about Muhammad a lot in the past and now the bloody fool writes a book "Did Muhammad exist?"
Even a birdbrain will stand up and ask Robert Spencer, "Hey, Fool! Why did you write so much about Muhammad in the past, if you think that he did not exist?
And tell me ignorant fool how can you believe that Jesus existed, when there is no record of Jesus in History?"
I am trying to make you think, knowing well that Christians like you, are forbidden to think.
rabbee: well so what, by your own admissions. none of you exist here in TheTorah, Given Again from G-D. cause all of your alleged new testaments, written by only fallible alleged as men say so. as you all only assume you can't possibly be here in TheTorah again from G-D. as you all have faith, in subtle talking critters of the divers fields pretending holy.

Denver, CO

#195920 Nov 28, 2013
there is far far too much disunity in this world, for any of you to be true to G-D here in TheTorah.

can't even guess that a lot of, pestilence, plague and famine, could be the cause of science. science in disbelief saying G-D did not send it, for their disbelief also. as you believe in their not here in TheTorah science, rather than believe in TheG-D of Only TheTorah here in IT.
bmz

Singapore

#195921 Nov 28, 2013
Eric wrote:
Yes. Unrighteous is not to follow the commandments. Unless you call yourself a dumb bitch, you are not treating your neighbor as yourself--the second most important commandment.

37 Jesus replied:“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’

Eric,

I always find the so-called second commandment of Jesus hilarious. It shows as if Jesus did not know the ten Commandments well and could count only up to one.

"Love your neighbour as yourself" cannot be called the second commandment as it does not exist and cannot even be found in the ten Commandments.

It also shows as if Jews never knew how to love their neighbour and always hated their neighbours.

In the tribal cultures all over the world back then, people always loved their neighbours.

Some overzealous scribe or copyist added that.

bmz

Singapore

#195922 Nov 28, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well so what, by your own admissions. none of you exist here in TheTorah, Given Again from G-D. cause all of your alleged new testaments, written by only fallible alleged as men say so. as you all only assume you can't possibly be here in TheTorah again from G-D. as you all have faith, in subtle talking critters of the divers fields pretending holy.
Rabbee,

Although I live under Qur'aan, the Torah is my second home but the lying polemicist Robert Spencer,
whom I consider an idiot and an ignorant fool, lives in the fields of the loud-mouth critters of the subtle lying critters of the Church grounds.

I believe it is time now that you leave theTorah and live in the Torah.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#195923 Nov 28, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---Tell me Einstein, does my use of the words DUMB BITCH make me unrighteous?

Eric, the simple-----Yes.

HughBe--- Please contain your expectations of seeing divine wisdom. The blind shall see this day. As soon as your fellow Sicker opens his mouth I shall respond in a way that address your senseless point, you typical Judahite CRUFF.

Denver, CO

#195924 Nov 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Rabbee,
Although I live under Qur'aan, the Torah is my second home but the lying polemicist Robert Spencer,
whom I consider an idiot and an ignorant fool, lives in the fields of the loud-mouth critters of the subtle lying critters of the Church grounds.
I believe it is time now that you leave theTorah and live in the Torah.
rabbee: then you have still joined, the robert spencers borborygmus fartitude club. there is only one story from TheG-D of only TheTorah, and it is not the quran from evil and wicked subtle talking critters of the not here in TheTorah fields.

so join with the about seven billions fooled again into assuming we are not all here in TheTorah from HaShem G-D. as we approach the pitch black night of the sixth to seventh day again.

with 487 years of darkness, with G-D gone for the day of rest. as you can see, the panic attacks already beguining, in the whole world not prepared for the air tonight.

your not afraid, of the dark are you? when you all find out, there is more to be afraid of in the dark. than their jesus, you all deny with the not here in TheTorah lie.

Denver, CO

#195925 Nov 28, 2013
welcome to the twilight zone, just prior to 487 years of pitch black again. before the dawn of, 487 years of the light of day. when you again, all discover. everything without G-D, is more to be afraid of again than adam here in TheTorah.

Denver, CO

#195926 Nov 28, 2013
do not let 'them' steal away, your G-Dly here in TheTorah soul. so that you are left G-Dless empty without a soul, not here in TheTorah.

Denver, CO

#195927 Nov 28, 2013
for all their not here in TheTorah new testaments, shall cost you your here in TheTorah souls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Airport runway battle heats up in Macon (Mar '09) Aug 15 Curious 31
News Ruby Rose reveals John Wick 2 co-star Keanu Ree... Aug 14 daredevil82 2
News Archaeologists in Serbia Unearth Ancient Spells... Aug 14 srbosjek 2
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug 11 Faa Samoa 1,978
News Preservation unit under probe - Hawaii News (Aug '09) Jul 26 Georgina 45
Cities’ Identity Through Architecture and Arts ... Jul '16 moabdallah 1
News On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Unsealed (Jan '13) Jul '16 Antonia 4
More from around the web