Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 254815 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#195823 Nov 26, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
So why don't you?
I do repent my sins every day.
You don't know much about the Christian life.
You don't know much about the Holy Trinity and how God is present and lives in the heart of a Christian.

King David knew about the Holy Spirit of God that dwelt inside of him.
Psalm 51:11 ASV
American Standard Version
Cast me not away from thy presence; And take not thy holy Spirit from me.
Eric

Downers Grove, IL

#195824 Nov 26, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I do repent my sins every day.
You don't know much about the Holy Trinity and how God is present and lives in the heart of a Christian.
King David knew about the Holy Spirit of God that dwelt inside of him.
Psalm 51:11 ASV
American Standard Version
Cast me not away from thy presence; And take not thy holy Spirit from me.
Oh, I get it. You have the Christian get out of jail free card--Jesus. Because you have the get out of jail free card, you don't have to follow G-d's laws.

So, that covers repent. What about follow G-d's laws? Didn't you say, "that we must all repent and obey the moral laws of God?" So the question remains. Why don't you follow G-d's laws?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#195825 Nov 26, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I get it. You have the Christian get out of jail free card--Jesus. Because you have the get out of jail free card, you don't have to follow G-d's laws.
So, that covers repent. What about follow G-d's laws? Didn't you say, "that we must all repent and obey the moral laws of God?" So the question remains. Why don't you follow G-d's laws?
Jesus did away with the law and that is why there is so much sin in the church. Even people who are not religious believe in him as their savior. That's why there is so much crime in America. We have the most violent crime and incarceration rates. It is because we are wealthy, free, and Christian. There are also a lot of innocent people in prison and God has not forgotten them. Only when we as a group know we are accountable for our sin will things change.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#195826 Nov 26, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus did away with the law and that is why there is so much sin in the church. Even people who are not religious believe in him as their savior. That's why there is so much crime in America. We have the most violent crime and incarceration rates. It is because we are wealthy, free, and Christian. There are also a lot of innocent people in prison and God has not forgotten them. Only when we as a group know we are accountable for our sin will things change.
rabbee: They did not do away, with TheLaw of G-D. they did away with silly laws from, of hypocrite men pretending to be holy and their evil lawmakers. for when They were asked, which commandment of G-D was greatest. did They Both say, TheLaw of G-D was no more?

and no! the reason for all pestilence, plague, and famine here in america, is because you all don't believe in TheG-D of Only TheTorah. you are all being judged, for your terrible attitudes against G-D here in TheTorah now.

and there are no innocent, alleged as people in this world today. for all are following the more subtle beasts of the fields, again. and that's idolatry. this whole world has failed, to be true to G-D here in TheTorah again.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#195827 Nov 26, 2013
if you cannot justify your laws, with G-D here in TheTorah. then all your, frivolous laws are corrupt. even obama care with your muslim in chief, is all idolatry based.
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#195828 Nov 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't try to fool us, please.
Krishna ranks 3rd. Shiva Lingam, the rapist, who lost his lingha (dick) after the sages in the jungle tore it and threw into the ground, ranks 2nd. Does the story in the Puranas ring a loud bell about the rapist Shiva Lingam?
Can you name the top ten gods of Hinduism?
Dear BMZ,

I think I have already explained the concept of Brahma, Vishnu & Mahesh in my past posts and hence I will not repeat that again. But please no that there is no Top Ten God in Hinduism, there is only one God.

I am not at all surprised with your behaviour. Those who do not have any word to say in defense, usually resort to this kind of irrational and aggressive response. Please keep at it, but if you really believe in your faith, please counter me logically.

Regarding your comment about Dalit, please know that people can go wrong, but a religious doctrine in the name of God can not. There is no Religious doctrine in Hinduism which talks about Dalit, it is a corruption created by selfish people and in modern times a lot of movements are underway against these in human discrimination.

Unfortunately, in case of Hinduism, the doctrine are no issues, but many of the followers are at fault.

Where as in your case, most of you followers are true, but I am sorry to say, that what you follow is absolute false hood and the book is a total fabrication with selfish intent and hatred.

Unless you speak logically, it would be better for you to keep mum, else you will help my case only.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#195829 Nov 26, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
dumb Variation | Phrase
Houghton Mifflin
adj.adjective
Lacking the power of speech. Used of animals and inanimate objects.
Incapable of using speech; mute. Used of humans.
Temporarily speechless, as with shock or fear.
bitch Variation
Houghton Mifflin
n.noun
A female canine animal, especially a dog.
A woman considered to be spiteful or overbearing.
A lewd woman.
A man considered to be weak or contemptible.
A complaint.
Something very unpleasant or difficult.
Useful. I particularly like this "A man considered to be weak or contemptible."
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#195830 Nov 26, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Messiah Jesus Himself Said That There is Only One God:
“‘The most important one [commandment],’ answered Jesus,‘is this:“Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.”’”(Mark 12:29)
Christianity Does Not Teach That There Are Three Gods! The Bible Categorically States at Least 30 Times That There is Only One God!:
In the Torah (Taurat): "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.”(Deuteronomy 6:4,5 - see also Deuteronomy 4:35 & 39; 2 Samuel 7:22; I Kings 8:60; 2 Kings 19:19)
In the Psalms (Zabur): "For you are great and do marvelous deeds; you alone are God." (Psalm. 86:10)

In the books of the prophets:“Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me. I, I am the Lord, and besides me there is no savior.”(Isaiah 43:10,11); "This is what the Lord says ... I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God … You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one.”(Isaiah 44:6,8 - see also Isaiah 37:16,20; 44:24; 45:5,6,18,21; 46:9; 48:12; Hosea 13:4)

In the New Testament (Injil): "For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men.”(1 Timothy 2:5,6a - see also Mark 12:29; John 5:44; Romans 3:30; I Corinthians 8:4; Ephesians 4:6; I Timothy 1:17; James 2:19; Jude 25)
http://www.answering-islam.org/authors/bailey...
Thank you very much for confirming that Jesus is not your God.

This is a great progress. Don't ever say again that Jesus, a man, is God.

bmz

Singapore

#195831 Nov 26, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, talk out of both sides of your mouth much or what. When you want "one G-d" you argue one way. When you want a trinity/triune, it's something else. Which one is it? What you posted to BMZ or to me? Consistency, Shamma, consistency.
lol!

You caught Shamma well.

First, he confirmed through the Holy Scriptures that there is no God before or after God. He confirmed that Jesus is a man, a mediator between God and men.

And now he goes promoting and selling the absurd Trinity, which even Jesus was unaware of and never taught. This is the way Christianity is marketed. Talk about one God, then butcher God into three.
bmz

Singapore

#195832 Nov 26, 2013
Shamma wrote:
I do repent my sins every day.

lol!

Must be a load of sins.

Why do you sin in the first place?
bmz

Singapore

#195833 Nov 26, 2013
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear BMZ,
I think I have already explained the concept of Brahma, Vishnu & Mahesh in my past posts and hence I will not repeat that again. But please no that there is no Top Ten God in Hinduism, there is only one God.
I am not at all surprised with your behaviour. Those who do not have any word to say in defense, usually resort to this kind of irrational and aggressive response. Please keep at it, but if you really believe in your faith, please counter me logically.
Regarding your comment about Dalit, please know that people can go wrong, but a religious doctrine in the name of God can not. There is no Religious doctrine in Hinduism which talks about Dalit, it is a corruption created by selfish people and in modern times a lot of movements are underway against these in human discrimination.
Unfortunately, in case of Hinduism, the doctrine are no issues, but many of the followers are at fault.
Where as in your case, most of you followers are true, but I am sorry to say, that what you follow is absolute false hood and the book is a total fabrication with selfish intent and hatred.
Unless you speak logically, it would be better for you to keep mum, else you will help my case only.
When you attack, expect to be attacked. It is as simple as that.

Dalits were created by Hinduism. Period!

I have spared Lord Brahma for a while. Hinduism is based on ridiculous absurdities. I have studied religions of the world very well. So, please do not patronize.

Location hidden

#195834 Nov 26, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I get it. You have the Christian get out of jail free card--Jesus. Because you have the get out of jail free card, you don't have to follow G-d's laws.
You are ignorant of the teachings of the Holy Scriptures.
Jews remain under the 613 laws of Moses, Muslims cheat and make their own laws under Muhammad and call them Gods laws under Sharia law.

Christians are under the law of Gods original 10 moral laws written on the two tablets that God originally gave to Moses under the first Covenant of which the Jews violated by worshiping the golden calf.

Moses punished the Jews for violating the first Covenant and placed them under the 613 laws.

Under the new better covenant in Jeremiah God sent Jesus to fulfilled the Covenant of the 613 laws Moses placed on the Jews by Moses.
Jeremiah 31:31-38 (New International Version)

31 "The time is coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. 32 It will not be like the covenant I made with their forefathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them, " declares the LORD. 33 "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time," declares the LORD. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.34 No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying,'Know the LORD,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest," declares the LORD. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more." 35 This is what the LORD says, he who appoints the sun to shine by day, who decrees the moon and stars to shine by night, who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar-- the LORD Almighty is his name:36 "Only if these decrees vanish from my sight," declares the LORD, "will the descendants of Israel ever cease to be a nation before me." 37 This is what the LORD says: "Only if the heavens above can be measured and the foundations of the earth below be searched out will I reject all the descendants of Israel because of all they have done," declares the LORD. 38 "The days are coming," declares the LORD, "when this city will be rebuilt for me from the Tower of Hananel to the Corner Gate.

But again the Jews rejected this new and better Covenant that was brought to them through Jesus Christ of which the Gentiles accepted.

Location hidden

#195836 Nov 26, 2013
@ BMZ
Continued:

Did God ever exist without His wisdom? Of course not! Did God create his own wisdom? No! Is God’s wisdom a second God in addition to God Himself? Absolutely not! God says that his wisdom is "from eternity, from the beginning." God’s wisdom was "brought forth,”(brought into use) and “appointed”(selected for use) at the time of creation, and so God alone created everything but He did it by His own wisdom.

Then we read that Messiah Jesus is also God’s wisdom:

“… Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.”(1 Corinthians 1:24).

3) by The Word of God: God further said,

“By the word of the Lord were the heavens made ... For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm.”(Psalm 33:6,9)

“And God said,‘Let there be light,’ and there was light …”(Genesis 1:3)

“In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.”(John 1:1-3)

These verses clearly show that God alone created everything by His Word. The Word of God is the communication or manifestation of God. God’s Word is God Himself; not a second God. God created everything simply by commanding it to “Be!” Yes, God alone created everything, but He did it by His Word.

Messiah Jesus is the eternal Word of God, who “became” a human being by the power of God:

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made… The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us ...”(John 1:1-3,14)

4) by The Breath of His Mouth; The Breath of Life: Also God said,

“By the word of the Lord were the heavens made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth.”(Psalm 33:6)

“Then the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.”(Genesis 2:7)

These verses clearly show that God alone created everything, but He did it by breathing into it the Breath of Life.

Many Verses Indicate that Jesus the Messiah is God’s Life:

“Jesus said to her,‘I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies …’”(John 11:25)

“Jesus answered,‘I am … the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’”(John 14:6)

“That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we looked upon and have touched with our hands, concerning the word of life - the life was made manifest, and we have seen it, and testify to it and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was made manifest to us.”(1 John 1:1,2)

Muslims do not study Gods Holy Bible.
Muslims instead study the false teachings of Muhammad.

Location hidden

#195837 Nov 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!
Must be a load of sins.
Why do you sin in the first place?
You are the most ignorant person on these forums.
You follow the false teachings of Muhammad!

Muhammad denied that God created man in the image of God!

Gods Holy Bible proves Muhammad was a false prophet.
The Bible states:
Genesis 1:27
New International Version
So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

Location hidden

#195838 Nov 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!
You caught Shamma well.
First, he confirmed through the Holy Scriptures that there is no God before or after God. He confirmed that Jesus is a man, a mediator between God and men.
And now he goes promoting and selling the absurd Trinity, which even Jesus was unaware of and never taught. This is the way Christianity is marketed. Talk about one God, then butcher God into three.
God is the one that reveals in the Holy Scriptures that God is a "TRINITY".
"Father, Son, and Holy Spirit"

Muslims follow the false teachings of Muhammad.
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#195839 Nov 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
When you attack, expect to be attacked. It is as simple as that.
Dalits were created by Hinduism. Period!
I have spared Lord Brahma for a while. Hinduism is based on ridiculous absurdities. I have studied religions of the world very well. So, please do not patronize.
Dear BMZ,

You only claim that you know, but in reality you don't know anything, not even about your own Religion. Had, you known, you would not have stated that I attacked you...

If you have read my yesterday's post about Verse 2:47 of Geeta, you would have known that, I am neither attacking any one, nor I am feeling that I am being attacked. Don't be under the impression that you are attacking me, you are only expressing your anger and helplessness.
I am only expressing historical facts and truths for the sake of Truth alone.

"Dalit" is not created by Hinduism, but it is created by non believing and less intelligent followers of pseudo hinduism.

And what Islam & Quran created, Hatred, rivers of Blood, Eviction of innocent people from their own houses and cities, Savages like Taimur Lang...

Mind it, I am not attacking, I am just expressing historical truths.

A toad who lives inside a well, does not believe in the existence of Sea, but that does not make the Sea non existent.
Similarly, your denying the fact will not change the History.
Eric

Downers Grove, IL

#195840 Nov 26, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are ignorant of the teachings of the Holy Scriptures.
Jews remain under the 613 laws of Moses, Muslims cheat and make their own laws under Muhammad and call them Gods laws under Sharia law.
Christians are under the law of Gods original 10 moral laws written on the two tablets that God originally gave to Moses under the first Covenant of which the Jews violated by worshiping the golden calf.
The interesting thing is that when your messiah and god was asked for the most important commandments, he did not give one of the first 10. He gave Deuteronomy 6:4 (the Sh'ma) and Leviticus 19:18 (Law of Reciprocation/Golden Rule).

Oh well, Shamma. Your messiah and god says you are incorrect. Got another theory as to why you don't have to follow G-d's law?

Location hidden

#195841 Nov 26, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
The interesting thing is that when your messiah and god was asked for the most important commandments, he did not give one of the first 10. He gave Deuteronomy 6:4 (the Sh'ma) and Leviticus 19:18 (Law of Reciprocation/Golden Rule).
Oh well, Shamma. Your messiah and god says you are incorrect. Got another theory as to why you don't have to follow G-d's law?
You don't read post to well.
You don't understand your own Holy Hebrew Scripture.
So how do you expect to understand the NT Gospels?

There is no get out of jail free card in Christianity.
Jesus paid the death penalty for sin but He did not give a free pass to continue to go on sinning.
You are ignorant of Gods teachings.

Sincere repentance is coming to the knowledge and understanding that your sin offends the Holiness of God.

God created us in the likeness and Holiness of God Himself with out sin.
This meant that there were going to have to be some changes made in the way the Israelites conducted their lives. In Leviticus 11 we see the bottom line of what God was asking of them.

Leviticus 11:44-45

11:44 For I [am] the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I [am] holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

11:45 For I [am] the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I [am] holy.

God wanted nothing less than holiness from His people. He is a holy God, and he demanded nothing less from His people Israel.

And God demands all who worship Him to sanctify our selves and be Holy as God is Holy.

So there is no get out of jail free card to anyone.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#195842 Nov 26, 2013
TS wrote:
1. Krishna was always the God Almighty to us, you fool. But the question is not that, even if he was not God Almighty, the question here is the Teaching of Krishna in "Geeta" and teaching of Your Mohammad (In the name of Allah Of course) in "Quran".

2. It is the teaching of Geeta that gives us fraternity and true philosophies which HOLD true even today. On the contrary, it the teaching of "Quran" that created the Savages like "Taimur" who Destroyed Humanity.

3. Don't be a shameless full any more and defend your false Doctrine in such Shameless Manner. Face the facts and accept the truth.
Ans.

1. Krishna was not God Almighty, that is your Fundamental problem. You have faulty concept of God and unless you correct that mistake, you will never even come to "starting point of discussion".

That is why the First Words of Creed of Islam is "LA ILAHA…" i.e. There is No one Worthy of Worship".

Rejection of false gods and false objects of worship is the "First Step" before you start.

Then comes worship of True God "ILLA ALLAH"!!

2. So first you establish the credentials of Krishna , before you look At Geeta.

And what is relation between Geeta and Vedas, which has higher authority?

How do you say that what Timur did was according to teachings of Quran?

Did what Modi did in Gujarat in 2002 was what Geeta taught?

3. There is nothing shameless in Islam and its teachings.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#195843 Nov 26, 2013
Seeker wrote:
1. Has anybody been able to bring a book like Shakespeare's? If so, can you name one? I'm not aware of any. But this gets back into the question of what one means when they say "like it". And who decides what "like it" really means? The whole challenge is actually an empty one and a very bizarre one.

Ans.

1. Did Shakespeare made the claim that "No one can bring any plays like him"?

2. And are really Shakespeare are the "Last Words" in English literature, are no better plays than Shakespeare written in English language.

3. And what these Shakespeare plays have done for the world?

4. Like Quran means that

1. They should be Composed in Best literary style humans are capable of.

2. It should use common words that people are familiar with, so that people with simple knowledge of Arabic can understand it.

3. The message which looks "very simple" at first glance, should have very deep meanings when one ponders on it.

4. Their should be no false statement of lie in the message and it should never get "out of date".

Just look at above and think does Shakespeare plays meet those criterion?

It is for naught that no one is able to bring even a single chapter like it for 1400 years.

You try, may be you can do it better!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What's under Columbus/Franklinton?Thousands of ... 6 min Big Johnson 2
News 8,000-year-old female figurine uncovered in cen... Sep 16 Stephany McDowell 1
News On the canvas: Museum digs up modern collection Sep 15 Albert 1
News Dore Gold: Archaeology is best defense of Jewis... Sep 13 naman 2
News Pioneers' graves to be relocated (Jul '07) Sep 12 ima hoosier 187
News Editorial: Return of Native American remains em... Sep 6 really 1
News Airport runway battle heats up in Macon (Mar '09) Aug '16 Curious 31
More from around the web