Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256288 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#195736 Nov 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
Yes I was asking about the norm, and as it turns out, BMZ said the norm is around 6:30 or so, just like it is most everywhere else. Let me fill you in on what I was actually getting at, since you don't read between the lines very well. I will be as careful and explicit as possible, as I now realize that you need that so that you don't get confused.

I was asking about whether that was the norm in Singapore because it seemed odd for someone to be eating dinner at that time, although certainly not impossible. The reason why I asked is that BMZ has a habit of leaving when he is asked the right questions and his own logic starts to corner him. The reason why he does this, is that if he comes back the next day, which is exactly what he did, rather than coming back after his dinner, then there will be tons more posts added to dilute the conversation, and he hopes that people will forgot about the specific questions he was asked and the position he found himself in. And that is exactly what he did yesterday, once again. And if you notice, when he came back today, he did not pick things up where they were left off. This is so the issue just kind of disappears so that nobody sees that he couldn't answer the specific questions put to him.

So this is why I asked why it was such a late dinner because dinner time just so happened to be when his logic was just starting to paint him into a corner. He might have actually been having dinner at that time, but given what he always does when the heat gets turned up, I suspected that he was actually leaving for the night, for the exact reasons I mentioned above, and had no intentions at all of returning right after dinner, even though he said he would.

This is so that the issues he was being specifically asked about, melt away in the midst of multiple posts that other people make later. It's a typical tactic, and he has many of them. One would think that when he returned today, the first thing he would do is to pick things up exactly where they were left off, but he didn't and he never does, unless he thinks he actually has a good answer. But if he doesn't, he picks up somewhere else and continues on as though the hard questions were never even asked to him. And he doesn't think that people will notice it.

That is about as detailed and clear as I can possibly explain it to you.
I answer and cover quite a lot of questions, whether it be the same day or the next day and I ignore foolish posts. Also, we live 12,000 miles apart, so timing is different.

For example, I was burning midnight oil for some very important emails to be sent and I hammered in a few replies before going to bed.

So, please correct yourself.

yehoshooah adam

“Here again in The Torah”

Since: Nov 13

Denver Colorado 80218

#195737 Nov 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Rabbee, I never lie and Qur'aan tells only the truth. Nothing is theHappening in theTorah now. Whatever happened is past and will not be repeated.
If Jesus cannot come, how can Adam and his mate return?
rabbee: yeah i know all lying, muslims say that. even muhammed sent liars, to murder people under false pretenses.

and you just mentally lied, when you indicated your not here in TheTorah physically. when G-D always gives TheTorah for the full six days, and then always places HaMosheeach in charge for the last day.

there is no way you can exist, in this physical totality without G-D still giving TheTorah. without G-D giving TheTorah, physical totality cannot exist.

every thing you say, with your mentally deficient attitude. is a not here in TheTorah, lie. you cannot be the truth, with your denial of G-D, in Only TheTorah from THEM. your quran was written by fallible men, not by The Infallible G-D.
bmz

Location hidden

#195738 Nov 25, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp...
Sahih International: And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.
Pickthall: And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger - they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain.
Yusuf Ali: That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
Shakir: And their saying: Surely we have killed the Messiah, Isa son of Marium, the messenger of Allah; and they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them so (like Isa) and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it; they have no knowledge respecting it, but only follow a conjecture, and they killed him not for sure.
Muhammad Sarwar: and their statement that they murdered Jesus, son of Mary, the Messenger of God, when, in fact, they could not have murdered him or crucified him. They, in fact, murdered someone else by mistake. Even those who disputed (the question of whether or not Jesus was murdered) did not have a shred of evidence. All that they knew about it was mere conjecture. They certainly could not have murdered Jesus.
Mohsin Khan: And because of their saying (in boast), "We killed Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allah," - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of 'Iesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man), and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e.'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)]:
Arberry: and for their saying,'We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, the Messenger of God'-- yet they did not slay him, neither crucified him, only a likeness of that was shown to them. Those who are at variance concerning him surely are in doubt regarding him; they have no knowledge of him, except the following of surmise; and they slew him not of a certainty -- no indeed;
That is why I wrote:

"That is a very poor translation.

Email and ask them this:

Where is the following written in Qur'aan's Arabic verse?

"but [another] was made to resemble him to them. "

The folks at Saheeh International are the liars for they have inserted their opinion within the translation of the verse.

Go and read other translations of repute."

I have been explaining over years that to people, it seemed as if they were killing or crucifying Jesus but Jesus had already slipped through the crowd as he did before or was allowed to slip out.

That is why I call the alleged crucifixion of Jesus as a well-managed stage show, which was conducted by Pilate and the San Hedrin in close collaboration with Joseph.

Qur'aan does not say that his face was pasted over an innocent substitute. So, I consider them poor translations.

In the next post, I will provide various translations of part of Matthew 26:64 and see how translations have been willfully distorted.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#195739 Nov 25, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You have proven that you are a LIAR and you remain a DUMB BITCH.
2. Ask BMZ if he believes my understanding or your TWISTED LYING spin.
3. Ask your fellow bottom feeders if they accept your LIES.
4. You are NOT a Christian, you are a perfect replica of some who are not Christians and you lack honesty and common decency.
So I wrote a long, detailed, very straight forward explanation explaining exactly what I was doing and why I was doing it for absolutely nothing? What an absolute waste of time that was for me.

I was actually trying to give a very straight forward, comprehensive explanation of exactly what I had in mind and why I had it in mind. Normally, I wouldn't even bother to take the time, but I was actually trying to be decent towards you to take the time to do that. And the clear explanation should have made perfect sense to anybody. Even if they don't think that BMZ does practice the tactic I mentioned, they would still be able to understand exactly what I was doing and why I was doing it.

I should have taken into account who I was writing it to and not have even bothered. That was stupid of me. But, it won't happen again.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#195740 Nov 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I answer and cover quite a lot of questions, whether it be the same day or the next day and I ignore foolish posts.
Look, you simply do not pick right back up where you left off. If you think a post or question is stupid, then quote it and call it that. But instead, if you wait a day, and many more posts get posted, then you get to pretend that you were never even asked that question, and usually, you do that because it is a question you do not have a good answer for. You've done that multiple times.
bmz

Location hidden

#195741 Nov 25, 2013
@ Buford aka El Cid

Translations of part of Matthew 26:64

It is alleged that the high priest asked Jesus, "Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.”

Note: Please ignore the absurd and fraudulently added part "the Son of God". No Jew could have said those silly words, as the Jews never were told that the Messiah would be the son of God.

CEV: "64 “That is what you say!”"

1599 GENEVA BIBLE:
64 Jesus said to him, Thou hast said it"

DARBY: "64 Jesus says to him,*Thou* hast said."

NCV: "64 Jesus answered,“Those are your words."

NIV, RSVCE, ESV:“You have said so,” Jesus replied.

YLT: "64 Jesus saith to him,'Thou hast said';"

WORLDWIDE NT: "64 Jesus answered him,'Yes, I am.'(FRAUDULENT)

NKJV'S LYING MANUAL: " 64 Jesus said to him,“It is as you said."

(FRAUDULENT)

GNT: "64 Jesus answered him,“So you say." (tricky and cheeky)

GOD'S WORDS UNGODLY TRANSLATION: "
64 Jesus answered him,“Yes, I am."

AUTHORIZED KJV: "64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said"

NASB (AMERICAN): 64 Jesus *said to him,“You have said it yourself;" (DECEPTIVE/FRAUDULENT)

NIRV: " 64 “Yes. It is just as you say,” Jesus replied." (FRAUDULENT)

HOLMAN: 64 “You have said it,”

The point is that you have to read most of the translations and then get a correct idea.

If you look at all the fraudulent and absurd translations, you will see as if Jesus agreed that he was the Son of God.

Those translations also show that he disagreed and denied being the Messiah, when he told the high priest that those were the high priest's word.

This is how Jesus killed two birds with a single stone and denied that he was the Messiah and also denied that he was the Son of God.

Have a nice day but good night from Singapore.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#195742 Nov 25, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Sicker---Silly clown, it was a joke.
HughBe--- How many posts have you made with your progressively worse NASTY "jokes"?
Hey, I'm not the furious person who often types in all caps and calls people a dumb bitch. Your embarrassment is not my fault, even if I do actually point it out to you. But you do it, not me. So blame yourself. I don't ask you to make the mistakes you make.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#195743 Nov 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand you well, HughBe. You are a very frank, forthcoming and an honest person.
Salaams
BMZ
LOL!!! Sure, because he calls me a liar and a dumb bitch. LOL!!! So too funny.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#195745 Nov 25, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
2. Ask BMZ if he believes my understanding or your TWISTED LYING spin.
Let me see if you can grasp this. If one wants to know the meaning of a paragraph in a book, is it better to ask another reader or to ask the author himself? My explanation was not very complimentary to BMZ and it should have made perfect sense to you, whether you think that BMZ practices the tactic that I mentioned or not. So what reason could you possibly have for thinking that my long, detailed explanation for exactly what I was doing should be considered an attempt at spin?

Let's try this. Why don't YOU tell ME what I was originally trying to do, and explain it in detail and try to make it make sense. In other words, explain what I was doing and provide the motive for me doing it.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#195746 Nov 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me see if you can grasp this. If one wants to know the meaning of a paragraph in a book, is it better to ask another reader or to ask the author himself? My explanation was not very complimentary to BMZ and it should have made perfect sense to you, whether you think that BMZ practices the tactic that I mentioned or not. So what reason could you possibly have for thinking that my long, detailed explanation for exactly what I was doing should be considered an attempt at spin?
Let's try this. Why don't YOU tell ME what I was originally trying to do, and explain it in detail and try to make it make sense. In other words, explain what I was doing and provide the motive for me doing it.
The first step in healing is to recognize your pathetic state.

Your state is summed up like this, you are a LYING DUMB BITCH and an ASS.
Eric

Downers Grove, IL

#195747 Nov 25, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
That's mighty Christian of you
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#195748 Nov 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand you well, HughBe. You are a very frank, forthcoming and an honest person.
Salaams
BMZ
As I read your post the thought of Sicker entered my mind and with it came this saying, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Sicker is a bottom feeder and so I see no good reason, given the saying above plus his naturally love of things excreted, why you should not feed him with an equal amount of nastiness that oozes out of his orifice as a means of ensuring that he remains full.

He will take it as love.

Blessings BMZ.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#195749 Nov 25, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>That's mighty Christian of you
You are absolutely correct but you don't even know it.
Eric

Downers Grove, IL

#195750 Nov 25, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely correct but you don't even know it.
Oh but I do. Typical Christian hater
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#195751 Nov 25, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Oh but I do. Typical Christian hater
Hate of people is the prerogative and DOMAIN of you and your fellow Judahites.

Do you know that the nastiness Sicker calls itself a Christian and I am also called a Christian?

Explain your ejaculation "Typical Christian hater", defender of Christians. Explain TYPICAL etc.

Now, you being a nastiness also seek every opportunity to pounce like the scavenger that you are. The only dead here is you and all like you.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#195752 Nov 25, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Look HughBe, let's lay it on the line. You don't like being mistaken about things because you have big puffy pride which causes your ignorance, and you have never been exposed to the Psychology concept of "Projection", which is a defense mechanism that ignorant or childish people practice, let alone many other educational concepts such as "objectivity". That much is clear, and it is even more clear that you don't understand a single word that I am typing right now, and even if you could, you wouldn't, because you wouldn't like what it means to your puffy, but shallow pride. You aren't the first person that I have seen behave this way, and your behavior is not unique at all, it's just behavior that most people know better than to practice, but some don't. And sometimes, there are some people who will never get it, because they never want to get it.

So be it.
Eric

Downers Grove, IL

#195753 Nov 25, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know that the nastiness Sicker calls itself a Christian and I am also called a Christian?
Explain your ejaculation "Typical Christian hater", defender of Christians. Explain TYPICAL etc.
Now, you being a nastiness also seek every opportunity to pounce like the scavenger that you are. The only dead here is you and all like you.
Hugh, you have explained Christian hater above better than I ever could--through example. Oh, and "Your state is summed up like this, you are a LYING DUMB BITCH and an ASS." How's that for an explnation?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#195754 Nov 25, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
What Eric is doing is to comment on the fact that regardless of what religion you or I am, you are behaving as an absolute moron. That's because Eric is a logical person. I am not a Jew, I am a Christian. But while Eric and I disagree about those issues, he never says completely illogical, moronic things like what you say. So Eric and I can have a conversation, and even disagree, but as long as his logic is solid, than I cannot ridicule him in my disagreement, like I can with you. I can only continue to disagree and bring up more counter points to the points he raises. But you are worthy of ridicule, because you seem highly illogical, and it's probably because you are not very well educated. And I have even sometimes tried to work with that fact, only to be met with your rabid pride that sends your mind out into outer space.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#195755 Nov 25, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Hugh, you have explained Christian hater above better than I ever could--through example. Oh, and "Your state is summed up like this, you are a LYING DUMB BITCH and an ASS." How's that for an explnation?
Yup. Looks like a true Christian to me, especially when he tells other Christians that they aren't one, and instead they are lying dumb bitches. And then, the next post, he acts like the gentle lamb. LOL!!! Which is it? I'm thinking that he asks Jesus for forgiveness after he says that. I suspect raging alcoholism. That would not be a bad explanation for the emotional and ultimately confused behavior. Maybe at least 12 to 15 Red Stripes.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#195756 Nov 25, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, that sounds like a hateful statement
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, personally, I don't know why you should object to Islam and become a Muslim. And you never "clearly" say why you don't, after you have been asked multiple times. You have called yourself a fellow Muslim, so why don't you just do that and make your statement complete. I'm sure that Alex and BMZ are waiting for you to finally state that. Why do you think they are so nice to you?
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
"nastiness", "pounce", "scavenger". So other people are nasty and pouncing, and yet you are the only person who uses words like that.
Hmmm... I get it. Would you allow me to post the following Psychology concept one more time in hopes that you might actually read it and try to understand it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_pr...

I have learned enough by now to realize that I can't just post a link to you, I have to actually instruct you that it is a link and ask you to click on it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug 9 tongangodz 1,979
News Lost cities of the Midwest: A trek back to pre-... Jul 28 Von Zipper 7
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul '17 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul '17 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul '17 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun '17 spydie 35
News Volunteers wanted to join community archaeologi... Jun '17 dig 1
More from around the web