Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256382 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

“Here again in The Torah”

Since: Nov 13

Denver Colorado 80218

#195082 Nov 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't read the most ridiculous parable, written by someone insane, Joel.
Read this: The Parable of the Wedding Banquet
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
I don't know how it was ascribed to Jesus.
rabbee: well it gets even more tragic, when even the woman does not show up for the wedding. cause she is out having a fling, with mr lizard lips again with nobody here in TheTorah. but then there is always, His Hot Virgin Mama around somewhere.

G-D gave a wedding, for TheHisSon, and there was nobody there but THEIR HisSon adam. as if ungrateful grandchildren, her in TheTorah still are not enough.

Denver Colorado 80218

#195083 Nov 15, 2013
here
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#195084 Nov 15, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 12:51-53:
"Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division. For from now on in one house there will be five divided, three against two and two against three. They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”
Hmm...you equate differences in theological opinion (divisions) to hatreds between parties, which means murderous intent. I think that your supposition is wrong.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#195085 Nov 15, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 19:27:
"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."
Gee, this sounds very much like Mohammad the Thin Skinned.

Umm...did Jesus ever solicit the murder of any of his critics?

No?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#195086 Nov 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah! You came out of the Christian closet! lol!
Why did you exclude the biblical Jesus, who accomplished nothing and left a massive confusion which took 400-600 years in the making of the Christian triune God?
What makes you so sure of his alleged death and the alleged resurrection?
What makes a Christian sure of the death and resurrection of Jesus, you ask?
The answer:
Christians have God in their life, that is somethings Muslims will never have in their life nor in their after life!

His Personality:
The Character of Muhammad

1. A REVIEW OF MUHAMMAD'S PERSONALITY

A GENERAL ASSESSMENT OF HIS CHARACTER

No one can study the life of Muhammad without being impressed with his rise from a mere citizen of Mecca to the undisputed role of the leader of the Arabs throughout the Arabian Peninsula. Yet even here a general historical perspective is insufficient. It is not just a dominant figure that is under consideration but one who claimed to be the last and greatest of all God's prophets for all humanity from the beginning to the end of time. He has to be assessed from a religious as well as an historical viewpoint and it is perhaps appropriate to make such an evaluation at this very point before examining his prophetic convictions in more detail.

The Muslim world draws an absolute conclusion here without further ado. Muhammad was the greatest of all the prophets, indeed Allah's universal messenger to all mankind, and an example of human conduct and behaviour without reproach. He was sinless, though not without human failings, but irreproachable in his role as His choice representative on earth. The Christian view, however, has been very different and has generally perceived him to be, on the one hand, a great leader and reformer who led the Arabs out of pagan darkness, to the other extreme, namely that he was a demon-possessed impostor whose deliberate purpose was to lead the world astray and to darken the minds of millions of men from seeking the light of the Gospel of
Jesus Christ.

In the eyes of the pagan Arabs Muhammad was considered a God.
A RELATIVE OR AN ABSOLUTE STANDARD OF JUDGMENT?

In seventh-century Arabia polygamy was regarded as perfectly acceptable and caravan-raiding was often looked on as a natural pursuit. The wise man did not question the morality of such activity, he simply sought to defend himself and protect his property as best he could and with the assistance of his tribe or clan. Muhammad passed no judgments on either of these two facets of Arabian life and it has often been suggested that it is improper to critically evaluate him against the background of standards in the traditional Christian world.

Muhammad cannot be allowed to escape such analysis. He openly projected himself as a universal messenger to the whole of mankind (kaaffatan-linnaasi) to give them glad tidings and warnings (Surah 34:28), the Qur'an states that Allah himself and all the angels of heaven send down blessings upon him (Surah 33:56), he is described as a mercy to all the worlds (rahmatan-lil'aalamiin) sent by Allah himself, and the seal of all the prophets (khaataman-nabiyyiin) and the Apostle of Allah (Surah 33:40). These are all claims to universal leadership and example and, in making them, he must be judged by absolute standards.

God is not a pagan that we should accept the seventh century standards of Muhammad as the standards of God and give Muhammad a pass on the life he lead.

Location hidden

#195087 Nov 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the other way round, Rabbee. Qur'aan refutes, ridicules and condemns Trinity.
There is no mention of this ludicrous and ridiculous Original Sin in Genesis 3. Read G-d's dialogue and see. G-d did not accuse them of any Original Sin.
Stop believing in this filthy doctrine of sin, please. It is an insult to G-d and humanity.
Thanks in anticipation.
Can you explain the three persons of God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit found in the OT and in the NT Bible?

2. Do you consider disobeying Gods command not to eat of the tree in the middle of the Garden a sin?

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#195088 Nov 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Can you explain the three persons of God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit found in the OT and in the NT Bible?
How can you expect me to explain an utter nonsense?

Short and sweet, I can tell you that God, the Father, God, the Son and God, the Holy Spirit DO NOT EXIST. This nonsense came 4-5 hundred years after Jesus was gone.

Jesus did not say anything about the absurdity. In fact, Jesus never used the ugly term God, the Father at all.
Shamma wrote:
2. Do you consider disobeying Gods command not to eat of the tree in the middle of the Garden a sin?
No! They did not even know what sin was.

They were deceived and tricked by Satan, made a mistake and God forgave them. Did not kill them on the spot.

bmz

Location hidden

#195089 Nov 15, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well it gets even more tragic, when even the woman does not show up for the wedding. cause she is out having a fling, with mr lizard lips again with nobody here in TheTorah. but then there is always, His Hot Virgin Mama around somewhere.
G-D gave a wedding, for TheHisSon, and there was nobody there but THEIR HisSon adam. as if ungrateful grandchildren, her in TheTorah still are not enough.
lol! Enjoyed reading that, Rabbee

Denver Colorado 80218

#195090 Nov 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! Enjoyed reading that, Rabbee
rabbee: well i can't say i enjoyed, reading it as much in TheTorah. when none of he guys a, the pool hall, told me she was putting out for the more subtle than any other beast again. since i am here in TheTorah, there are not that may choices left with nobody here in it again. with the whole world all pretending they are somewhere else other than here in ONLY TheTorah from G-D.

bmz

Location hidden

#195091 Nov 15, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
rabbee: well i can't say i enjoyed, reading it as much in TheTorah. when none of he guys a, the pool hall, told me she was putting out for the more subtle than any other beast again. since i am here in TheTorah, there are not that may choices left with nobody here in it again. with the whole world all pretending they are somewhere else other than here in ONLY TheTorah from G-D.
Of course, you would not have enjoyed that because the woman of yours, was a two timer in that field of the subtle beasts.

On the holy Second Wedding, make sure that the wedding banquet is held under theTorahPavillion, not in the field. Once you know her, buckle up the chastity belt with a digital lock, the code being known only to you.

bmz

Location hidden

#195092 Nov 15, 2013
@ Rabbee

Nice pic, Rabbee. It shows that you are the oldest of them all.

bmz

Location hidden

#195093 Nov 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>What makes a Christian sure of the death and resurrection of Jesus, you ask?
The answer:
Christians have God in their life, that is somethings Muslims will never have in their life nor in their after life!
His Personality:
The Character of Muhammad
1. A REVIEW OF MUHAMMAD'S PERSONALITY
A GENERAL ASSESSMENT OF HIS CHARACTER
No one can study the life of Muhammad without being impressed with his rise from a mere citizen of Mecca to the undisputed role of the leader of the Arabs throughout the Arabian Peninsula. Yet even here a general historical perspective is insufficient. It is not just a dominant figure that is under consideration but one who claimed to be the last and greatest of all God's prophets for all humanity from the beginning to the end of time. He has to be assessed from a religious as well as an historical viewpoint and it is perhaps appropriate to make such an evaluation at this very point before examining his prophetic convictions in more detail.
The Muslim world draws an absolute conclusion here without further ado. Muhammad was the greatest of all the prophets, indeed Allah's universal messenger to all mankind, and an example of human conduct and behaviour without reproach. He was sinless, though not without human failings, but irreproachable in his role as His choice representative on earth. The Christian view, however, has been very different and has generally perceived him to be, on the one hand, a great leader and reformer who led the Arabs out of pagan darkness, to the other extreme, namely that he was a demon-possessed impostor whose deliberate purpose was to lead the world astray and to darken the minds of millions of men from seeking the light of the Gospel of
Jesus Christ.
In the eyes of the pagan Arabs Muhammad was considered a God.
A RELATIVE OR AN ABSOLUTE STANDARD OF JUDGMENT?
In seventh-century Arabia polygamy was regarded as perfectly acceptable and caravan-raiding was often looked on as a natural pursuit. The wise man did not question the morality of such activity, he simply sought to defend himself and protect his property as best he could and with the assistance of his tribe or clan. Muhammad passed no judgments on either of these two facets of Arabian life and it has often been suggested that it is improper to critically evaluate him against the background of standards in the traditional Christian world.
Muhammad cannot be allowed to escape such analysis. He openly projected himself as a universal messenger to the whole of mankind (kaaffatan-linnaasi) to give them glad tidings and warnings (Surah 34:28), the Qur'an states that Allah himself and all the angels of heaven send down blessings upon him (Surah 33:56), he is described as a mercy to all the worlds (rahmatan-lil'aalamiin) sent by Allah himself, and the seal of all the prophets (khaataman-nabiyyiin) and the Apostle of Allah (Surah 33:40). These are all claims to universal leadership and example and, in making them, he must be judged by absolute standards.
God is not a pagan that we should accept the seventh century standards of Muhammad as the standards of God and give Muhammad a pass on the life he lead.
Off-topic again.

The death and resurrection of Jesus IS a lie and the biggest hoax. You have a triune God instituted by pagan kings and pagan philosophers, Shamma.

This is a fact which you cannot deny!
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#195094 Nov 15, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
I am only grilling you on Islam and no one else right now, because you are the one preaching Islam and when confronted with questions, you run. My message to you is don't preach without adequate backup.
So I was right about your intentions. You are not in the market for knowledge or listen to others.

Your aim is only to "grill" people.

That is why I advised you to go and consult an "expert"
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#195095 Nov 15, 2013
True Guidance and Light series (5)

The Promised Prophet of the Bible By: Munqidh Bin Mahmoud Assaqqar, PhD. Part-12

CH-4. THE DISCIPLES’ LACK OF UNDERSTANDING OF THE PROPHECIES ABOUT THE MESSIAH (Contd.)

The mentioned verse in the Book of Hosea has nothing to do with Jesus (PBUH). Instead, it tells about the return of the nation of Israel from Egypt with Moses. Originally, the context is about Jacob, and then it moves on to talk about his sons and their return from Egypt, their idol worshipping, and ignoring God’s commandments and orders. He said:-

"When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt. As they called them, so they went from them: they sacrificed unto Baal, and burned offerings to the idols." (Hosea: 11/1-2).

This verse has nothing to do with Jesus (PBUH); the worshipping of idols mentioned, took place before Jesus (PBUH), and it cannot be applied to the people who were contemporary with him (PBUH). The Jews had left idol worshipping centuries before Jesus (PBUH) was born, after their released from the captivity of Babylon, and they never withdrew from that repentance, as the history books tell us. The use of the form (my son) is commonly used in the Torah, as in:

"And the LORD said unto Moses, When you go to return into Egypt,…….. And you shall say unto Pharaoh, Thus said the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn: And I say unto you, Let my son go, that he may serve me:." (Exodus: 4/21-23).

Jesus (PBUH) suffered long from his disciples’ misunderstandings of his words, and during his life, he had corrected many of their mistakes in understanding the prophecies, and even most of his sayings. They failed to understand the simplest of his sayings. If such is the case, how could they understand the prophecies? In one incident, he advised them saying:

"And he cautioned them, saying, watch out, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, and the leaven of Herod. And they began discussing with one another the fact that they had no bread. And Jesus, aware of this, said to them, Why are you discussing the fact that you have no bread? Do you not yet perceive or understand? are your heart hardened? Having eyes, do you not see? and having ears, do you not hear? And do you not remember?“(Mark: 8/15-18).

How could you not understand that, I did not mean real bread? In another, Jesus (PBUH) talked to them and they did not understand him, "Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said: this is a hard saying; who can hear it?" (John: 6/60).

They used to misunderstand his simple words, and then they were afraid to ask him to explain what they did not understand. Mark said:

"For he taught his disciples, and said to them, The Son of man is delivered to the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day. But they did not understand that saying, and were afraid to ask him." (Mark: 9/31-32).

These misunderstandings of the scripture’s indications extended even to the educated and the elite individuals of the children of Israel. Nicodemus misunderstood the words of Jesus (PBUH) when he said,

"Jesus answered him, truly; truly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus said to him, how can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?……….. Jesus answered,“Are you a teacher of Israel, and you do not understand these things?" (John: 3/3 - 10) Nicodemus did not understand the meaning of the spiritual rebirth; he thought that to be born again means that the person has to go back inside his mother's womb!

(Contd.)

Location hidden

#195096 Nov 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Short and sweet, I can tell you that God, the Father, God, the Son and God, the Holy Spirit DO NOT EXIST. This nonsense came 4-5 hundred years after Jesus was gone.
Jesus did not say anything about the absurdity. In fact, Jesus never used the ugly term God, the Father at all.
<quoted text>
They were deceived and tricked by Satan, made a mistake and God forgave them. Did not kill them on the spot.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
All you are doing is repeating the false teachings of your seventh century pagan prophet Muhammad.

God is not a pagan that we should accept the seventh century pagan standards of Muhammad as the standards of God.

Muhammad focused his belief in God using the pagan standard of God being an unknown entity.

Instead of focusing on the fact of God's greatness and His infinitely higher nature.“Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?”(Romans 11:33-34).

Location hidden

#195097 Nov 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Off-topic again.
The death and resurrection of Jesus IS a lie and the biggest hoax. You have a triune God instituted by pagan kings and pagan philosophers, Shamma.
This is a fact which you cannot deny!
LMAO!
God is not a pagan!
Muhammad was a pagan.
The Quran gives testimony to Muhammad's pagan beliefs.
After the negative experiences which depressed Mohammed, Khadijah sent him to her cousin, Waraqa, to convince him that Mohammed was called to be a prophet of Allah.
Waraqa succeeded in his task and became responsible for most of the Qur’anic verses at the beginning.
Waraqa inserted Ebionite doctrines about Jesus in the Qur’an, stating that Jesus was a prophet, and that He was not crucified, but God made someone to resemble Jesus. That one was crucified because the crowd thought he was Jesus.
This doctrine was first initiated by Simon, the magician from Samaria, who later founded a heresy which took his name, Simonianism.
In reality, Simon created the root for such doctrine, before it was developed by the Gnostics in later times. Here, I present Simon the magician’s idea about Jesus, which Hyppolytus reported in “The Refutation of all heresies”:
All of Muhammad's revelations are taken from pagan doctrines.
http://religionresearchinstitute.org/Mohammad...

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#195098 Nov 15, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>

did Jesus ever solicit the murder of any of his critics?

No?
Jesus preached hatred and discord in general and the murder of his critics but he lacked the manpower to carry out his intentions and ultimately was himself murdered.

Well, if like Muhammad or Moses, had Jesus a large enough band of followers then it's certain he'd have picked up arms to defend his teachings and to attack his critics.

Thankfully, the violent lunatic, Jesus, simply killed an out-of-season fig tree.

LMFAO

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#195100 Nov 16, 2013
bmz wrote:
@ Rabbee

Take a close look at Rabbee's eyes - they are crazed.

If you have the yogic sensitivity, you can perceive the unbalanced/adverse forces radiating from his pic.

Take care, don't look too closely and don't interact with him often unless you have the higher force to protect you.

Denver Colorado 80218

#195109 Nov 16, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, you would not have enjoyed that because the woman of yours, was a two timer in that field of the subtle beasts.
On the holy Second Wedding, make sure that the wedding banquet is held under theTorahPavillion, not in the field. Once you know her, buckle up the chastity belt with a digital lock, the code being known only to you.
rabbee: two timer??? she was doing triple time, unless you count the beast with two heads, in quadruple time.

i do not care where i go, since it's all happening here in Torah history again. a physical world, and universe, means it's all here in TheTorah. G-D does not quit giving TheTorah, just because a group of people crossed a river. G-D is again, continuously giving The Whole Torah in TheHappening.

and as far as the idolatry, of the chastity belt is concerned. and if she is that bad of an idolater, i have no business being married to her.

no idolater of other g-ds, can ever be trusted. if you have to strong arm, any woman to stay with you. she is not worth keeping. and that is not, loyalty to G-D. i am not about to make a law, that a woman hast to stay with me.

and since i divorced this world's grandmother, how are any of you going to get back here in TheTorah? if i marry another woman, you all don't have a grandmother to return you all.

Denver Colorado 80218

#195110 Nov 16, 2013
bmz wrote:
@ Rabbee
rabbee: well i saw G-D, WHO i am trying to be more like. but without, the woman parts so far.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama names Utah, Nevada monuments despite oppo... Dec 30 Off Topic 5
Ark of the Covenant @ Stonehenge Dec 30 YHWH Allah 2
News New theory on Stonehenge describes it as 'an an... (Mar '15) Dec 22 Lucifer 9
C-h-e-a-p K-i-t-c-h-e-n-s For Sale Middlesbrough Dec 19 Anonymous 1
The Epiphany Window is a Map of Stonehenge Dec '16 Garry-Denke 4
News A trip to Israel gives Hanukkah new meaning for... Dec '16 drain the swamp 1
News Lubbock's bounty of free museums lure visitors ... Dec '16 Tom 1
More from around the web