Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 255927 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194452 Nov 5, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is not unique in that case also, before Jesus, Adam also came out without any father and mother and eve too.
In the case of Adam, God had no choice but to create him with no mother or father because there was no pre existing mother or father. But Jesus easily could have had an earthly father, as there were plenty of pre existing men around to be that. But did God purposefully choose that he would not have an earthly father? He didn't choose that for Moses. He didn't choose that for Muhammad. So why Jesus?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
He was created by a special miracle of God, but that does not make him into God or one third of absurd Trinity.
Well it doesn't make him a simple, regular man who merely went around healing people either. And he didn't merely heal people, he resurrected them from the dead. But aside from that, the question still remains. Why a virgin birth? Why no biological, earthly father? No the prophet was created that way when pre existing earthly fathers were around to be the father.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
We Muslims recognize his virgin birth, his miracles, but do not raise him to the level of God.
That is the best and most prudent course.
According to who? Is it the most prudent course merely because that is what you are told?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194453 Nov 5, 2013
MUQ wrote:
True Guidance and Light series (5)
The Promised Prophet of the Bible By: Munqidh Bin Mahmoud Assaqqar, PhD. Part-2
Sources and References:
• The Holy Quran
• The Holy Bible, English Standard Version.1981
• The Holy Bible, The Middle East Holy Bible’s publishers edition, Protestant’s copy
• The Holy Bible, The Middle East Holy Bible’s publishers edition, Orthodox’ copy
• The Holy Bible, the Jesuit priest hood edition, Catholic’s copy, issued by the Jesuit fathers, and distributed by the Holy Bible's organizations in the East, Beirut.(Translated from the Good News Bible, Today’s English Version, 2nd Edition 1992)
• The Bible in Basic English, 1965
• Douay-Rheims Bible, 1899
• Darby Bible, 1889
• The Holy Bible (The Hebrew Holy Scriptures and the Greek Holy Scriptures) new world translation,(Jehovah witnesses’ edition)
• The Samaritan Torah, Translated by Priest Abu Al Hassan Isaac Assory, Published by Ahmad Hijazy Al Saqa (1st edition) Al Ansar publishing, Cairo, 1398 lunar calendar
• The Gospel of Barnabas, Translation of Khalil Saada. Al Wathaeq publishing's edition. Kuwait, 1406 lunar calendar,
----------
• Analytical and critical study of the Book of Mark, historically and subjectively, Muhammad Abdul Halim Mustafa Abu Al Saad, 1st edition 1404 lunar calendar.
• John the Baptist between Islam and Christianity, Ahmad Hijazy Al Saqa, 1st edition, Al Turath Al Araby publishing, 1399 lunar
calendar
• Muhammad in the Holy Bible, by: David Benjamin (Abdul Al Ahad Dawood), translation of Fahmy Shamma, revised by Ahmad Mohammad Al Sediq, Doha Modern press.
• Muhammad in the Torah, Bible and the Quran, Ibrahim Khalil Ahmad, The commercial bookstore, Mecca, 1409 lunar calendar
• Muhammad the prophet of Islam in the Torah, Bible and the Quran, Muhammad Ezzat Al Tahtawy, Al Noor books store
• The Truth Revealed, Rahamtu Allah Al Hindi, revised by Muhammad Ahmad Malkawy, Al Hadith publishing, Cairo, 1404 lunar calendar
• The Gospel and the Cross, Abdul Ahad Dawood, Cairo 1351 lunar calendar
• The Clerical knowledge Encyclopedia, 3rd edition, Al Thaqafa publishing 1995
• The Expected Messiah the prophet of Islam (PBUH), Ahmad Hijazy Al Saqa, 1st edition, Al Thaqafa Al Deeneya bookstore, Egypt, 1398 lunar calendar
• The prophecies of the prophet of Islam in the Torah & the Gospel, Ahmad Hijazi Al Saqa, Albayan Al Araby publishing, Cairo, 1977
• The History of Arabs in Islam, Jawad Ali, 1st edition, Al Hadatha publishing, Beirut, 1983
• The History of the Christian Ideology, the Priest Dr Hana Gerges Al Khodary, Dar Al Thaqafa publishing, Cairo, 1981
• The Interpretation of John’s Gospel, Priest Athnasius, 4th edition, Dar AlJeel, Cairo, 1995
• What do the Holy Bible and the west say about Muhammad (PBUH)?, Ahmed Deedat, 1st edition, the Egyptian house of publishing and distribution, Cairo, 1404 lunar calendar
(Contd.)
So instead of simply addressing the actual verses I quoted, you can only produce books of conjecture where these guys can make money by simply ignoring the verses I quoted from John 14. And look at these authors? Seems like they are Muslims. You don't think they would have any motive to suggest the Bible says things about Muhammad that it never meant to say? Of course they would.

I quoted the actual verses, and told you that it was clear that Jesus was speaking to his apostles in private if one reads all of John 14. And I pointed out that the Apostles could not have known Muhammad because he lives with them, and Muhammad was not sent to his Apostles to live within them.

This is very conclusive, and as usual, you just move on as though nobody has ever pointed this out to you. This is why I can't debate with you. If someone is merely going to ignore something that proves their idea wrong, and pretend that they never even saw it, then what would be the point in debating someone like that?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194454 Nov 5, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Said that one who have taken biblical verse to prove it's about Muhammad when in reality it's not.
Actually, he usually doesn't even like to quote the verses themselves, he just makes up whatever he wants to and tries to use generalized ideas of the verses to make his claim. But usually he does not quote the verses themselves because if he did, one would see things in them that contradict the claims he is trying to make. So he speaks of the verses in a general manner so that he can pluck out ideas that he thinks will match his claim, while ignoring the parts that don't. And nobody is supposed to recognize that he is doing this. He fully expects that nobody will, or else he wouldn't do this. I don;'t know how he could expect that, but for some reason, he does.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194455 Nov 5, 2013
MUQ, let me make one last attempt to explain to you how your reasoning works and why it is faulty in the simplest, clearest fashion possible.

If we look at a formula that says 1+2+3 and I say it equals 6, and you say that it equals 4, I will ask you how you could arrive at that conclusion. And you will say that all we have to do is to ignore the number 2 in the equation and it equals 4. And then, you would look at me with a cross eyed smile and say "see? it's so simple, it works.".

Hasn't anybody ever taught you the logical fallacy of self serving reasoning? The answer is not 4 just because you want it to be that. The answer is the answer, regardless of what someone wants the answer to be. This is called objectivity, in contrast to subjectivity. You do not appear to be capable of practicing objectivity and it's almost as though nobody has ever even introduced you to this concept. So if you WANT something to be true, then in your mind, it is automatically true, and if there is any part that makes it untrue, you will simply ignore that part. And you don't see any logical problem with this self serving behavior. That's the part that amazes me. I just don't know how you do it and don't see any problem with it.
Alex WM

London, UK

#194456 Nov 5, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Rabbis are RELIGIOUS leaders and NOT all are Jews by RACE. Some are CONVERTS. I have read somewhere where the sages of Judaism bragged that the BRIGHTEST rabbis among them at that time were CONVERTS to Judaism. Simplifying it for the EVIL and simple i.e. YOU, they were NOT Jews.
Judahites are members of Judaism many are Jews and some are not.
The problem that you are having in part is that you are a DISHONEST person. Learn this today, A LIAR is a LIAR irrespective of RACE or a RELIGION. YOU are a LIAR irrespective of your RACE. You are certainly NOT a Christian.
Finally, I have used the words of rabbis many times in the past to support my assertions about them.
Go read the Talmud plus read newspapers. Knowing you you shall call EVIL good and good EVIL for you are a spawn of LUCIFER.
I shall not be persisting much longer with you.
Again, tell me, what are your views on the HOSTILITY of Judaism towards Jesus.
Are you ignorant of this fact "Christian"?
Learn this, many many Jews have rejected ALL gods. Many are into Eastern Religions etc.
Dear HughBe.
I have always held the view that Seeker has many deep seated problems.
To be fair, he may have had a mental break down in the past. I don't for one moment suggest this in a disparaging manner or as any form of insult.
He reminds me of a dog that chases cars to please a non existent leader of the pack who happens to be his alter ego...
He chases parked cars...by engaging almost every poster with a load of light weight tripe to become a laughing stock of this thread.
Peace
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194457 Nov 5, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: that is your assumption, from others given to you.
Then show me the Torah verses that say I am wrong.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
it only takes G-D, six man days to make all of physical totality. that is, the easy part. you have no concept, of the enormous power of G-D. all of you, are the harder want to be more difficult part.
Of course I know the tremendous powers of God, and according to the Torah, this is what he did. But nowhere in the Torah does it say he recreated everything in six days three times over. It says he did it once. If you think it says otherwise, then all you have to do is to produce the verses where it says what you say. But you never seem to be willing to do that, and that is because they aren't anywhere to be found in the Torah.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194458 Nov 5, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
i can't give exact quotes from TheTorah, on this message board. it does not take, eevreet characters. but i have give to you, extremely precise translations and or transliterations.
Where?
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
and yes i faked it, and got in to see her.
You faked being mentally ill? That doesn't appear to be very difficult for you to do.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
and no! i have posted in other places. you can do a search, and find them. this is not the only message reply boards, i have posted on.
I already did a search. How do you think I found that picture of you? All I had to do was to search for Sarah Faye Ann Carney, and Viola!!! You say the same sort of stuff everywhere that you go. You even said the same exact sort of stuff in the beginning of this thread itself, except back then, you correctly decided to use your real name of Jimmie Boswell rather than your invented name of yehoshooah adam. And you left those forums because everybody started to simply ignore you, so you weren't getting the attention that you obviously desire. You only keep coming back here because you get attention. Perhaps it's time to stop feeding the stray cat.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
and i do actually talk, to others about G-D in person.
And the difference is that they can merely walk away. But you have a captive audience in a message board, so you can keep repeating the same things one thousand times over. I guess it beats talking to the wind, which is probably what you have to do in real life.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
i have even replied, to people on message boards in Ysrael. i am a lot busier about G-D than, you don't think i am.
and i spent more than quite a few years, on yahoo judaism message board. heck i even post on facebook, i have written to Tovia Singer, and Tamar Yonah and others. i have even written, a letter to the pope, jewish journal, chabad and other jewish organizations, news, and other publications. so i do not spend all my time, here on topix.
Oh boy, what I wouldn't give to see those letters. LOL!!! But then again, I think I already have because I would imagine it's the same exact thing that you keep repeating here 1000 times over. You spend your time here because you get the attention, and therefore the entertainment that you desire. And it makes you feel good to condemn the entire world on a forum. It gives you a sense of importance that you do not or cannot have in real life. That is why you are hear, not because God tells you to be here.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194459 Nov 5, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
and hey even if only two people are survived, the whole world has not been flooded or destroyed. your just looking at it, the way you were indoctrinated by others.
Then what does the Torah mean when God says never AGAIN, rather than just saying never? What does never AGAIN mean? It does not mean the same thing as never, and you know it doesn't. You are not stupid. The word AGAIN means that something has happened, but it will NEVER happen AGAIN. That is what never again means. It does not mean never. Never, by itself, means it never happened in the first place, so there is no word again that could be used if something hasn't already happened once. But never AGAIN means it DID happen before, but it will never happen again. So your idea that EVERYTHING happens again, and repeats itself is in direct conflict with the Torah.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194461 Nov 5, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear HughBe.
To be fair, he may have had a mental break down in the past. I don't for one moment suggest this in a disparaging manner or as any form of insult.
He reminds me of a dog that chases cars to please a non existent leader of the pack who happens to be his alter ego...
He chases parked cars...by engaging almost every poster with a load of light weight tripe to become a laughing stock of this thread.
Peace
Hey, if you claim it, it MUST be so. LOL!!! Have you ever heard of the Psychology idea of "Projection"? Here, let me show you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_pr...

It's a logically faulty defense mechanism.

So if you are crazy and invent crazy stories about Jesus and claims about yourself, you tell yourself that you aren't the crazy one, the person who recognizes you as such is the crazy one.

You remind me of the situation where someone makes a claim about a kid and the kid says "I know you are but what am I?", and he thinks that settles it.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194462 Nov 5, 2013
I submitted wrote:
and I am happy
Hey, if it makes you happy, then it MUST be true, right?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194463 Nov 5, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The scripture does say that God will create a new heavens and a new earth.
Right. A NEW one, not the same one over and over again like Jimmie keeps claiming. At least you can read the Torah correctly. If you didn't make the claims that you make about yourself, I would swear that you were a very reasonable, clear minded and intelligent person. And in a lot of ways, you are. But if I showed you things from the Torah that don't match your self serving claims, suddenly your understanding of the Torah seems to fall apart and turns into what you need or want it to be, just like with Jimmie.
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully, this time we'll take care of it. The present earth age will end with the death of the Messiah. We are living in the latter years and the resurrection of the Messiah will mark the beginning of the final earth age. This time, the earth will be purged by fire.
That IS what the Torah and other Hebrew scriptures INDEED do say. Even Christians ones say this as well.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194464 Nov 5, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
All these so called "Qurans" by IBN MASOOD and UBAI and ALI….. they only exist in imagination and not on earth!!
What exists in the world are copies of Quran, which was published by Othman, the third Caliph of Islam and every one agreed on it.
Actually, Othman himself was the final decision maker. And why were there other copies that had boiling oil poured all over them if the Quran is tamper proof?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
In case of other religions we have "physical existence" of so many versions and variants of the texts.
That is difference between islam and other religions.
That is true. But, we have only one version of the Tibetan Book of the Dead and it is well preserved. Does that automatically mean it comes from God? Your logic says that it does, because there is only one version and it is well preserved. That is the logic you are using.

Another piece of faulty logic that Muslims use. Popularity automatically equals truth. This is why Muslims claim that Islam must be true because it is the fastest growing religion (whether it actually is or not). Well, actually the fastest growing ideology is probably Atheism. So let's use that very same logic, and suddenly Atheism must be the truth. Do Muslims still want to use that logic to say that Islam must be true because it is growing?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194465 Nov 5, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Weak indeed!
When he said "nations"/"othe r sheep", the man was referring to various sects of Jews and the House of Israel generally.
How do you know that?
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
The names Abraham isaac and joseph come from Hebrew line but it still leaves out Ishmael THE SON OF ABRAHAM for a start!
Why?
If they can't even mention Abrahams own son, do you think they would mention the Chinese?
It said gather all of the nations. And yes this is possible, because the Jews thought of themselves as the salvation for all of mankind.

Zachariah 2
14 'Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion; for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD. 15 And many nations shall join themselves to the LORD in that day, and shall be My people, and I will dwell in the midst of thee'; and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee. 16 And the LORD shall inherit Judah as His portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again. 17 Be silent, all flesh, before the LORD; for He is aroused out of His holy habitation.

Matthew 24
14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Matthew 8
6 And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.
7 And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.
8 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.
9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
"East and West" describes a very narrow range within that part of the world is like saying East Acton and West Acton both are in London, or East and west bank!!!!!
I think that the word nations disproves what you say.
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
He NEVER went out to other "countries" actively looking to educate them.
"First things first". Then:
14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You also know that Matt is almost a wholesale copy of Mark and most intelligent people shy away from Mark 16:9-20 to which Matt 28:15-20 are inextricably linked.
So when it suits your argument, the Gospels should look like copies of each other, but when it doesn't, the Gospels should NOT look like copies of each other. Nobody says that there never was a Mark 16:9-20, and in fact many think there was, but it got lost from the earliest copies they found. But, they all agree that there was a 9-20 or else the story is totally incomplete and ends at a bizarre place where it should not end. So they all agree that there is more, but that they can't find it. That is all they are saying. And they suggest that someone used Matthew to complete what is missing in Mark and should have been there.
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't bring the tone down by bringing in the tadpole lady as a desperate measure to turn naughties into goodies.
You are the crazy author of that, not me.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194466 Nov 5, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You of all people should know the methodology used here.
This simply says, "I am in agreement with God" and
"My actions are compliant with the Will of God....watch me...and do what I do..".
It does not necessarily mean that at all. The meaning isn't completely clear. You cannot simply make a blatant assumption and say that it MUST mean what you want it to mean. There is nothing obvious about the meaning at all.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194467 Nov 5, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope seeker has answered these TRUTHFULLY including his ethnicity.
Ethinicity: Irish
Raised as a Catholic
Would not consider myself a Catholic, but still a follower of Jesus. I don't need a church in order to follow Jesus

If I seem like members of Judaism to HughBe, maybe it is because the Jews here do not say crazy, completely unfounded things and most of them are at least very rational, except for one or two of them, and in the case of those two, I was in immediate conflict with them and challenged the wild stories they were making up.

I have challenged even Christians if I think they are saying something inaccurate. For example, one suggested that Islam is not monotheistic, and I asked him to produce the verses from the Quran that say so, and he could not.

But when I ask HughBe why he doesn't convert to Islam, he never wants to answer that question. It should be a simple answer, but the problem is that in order for him to answer that, he has to say that there is something in Islam that is not true. And while he seems to be more than willing to point out flaws of both Christians and Jews here and even claim that there are false doctrines and even lies in Christianity, he never seems to want to do that when it is Islam's turn, even though he says he's not a Muslim, but instead he is a Christian, even though he has called himself a Muslim and has referred to Muslims as his fellow Muslims.

And the reason he is not willing to say one peep about Islam is that if he does and points something out that he believes is false in it, he will lose all of the praise that you and BMZ give him. And he loves this praise, and you know that, which is why you give it to him to keep encouraging him. As long as he says what you want to hear, you will keep encouraging him and praise and bless him. But the moment he doesn't, that will all change. And he can't bear to lose the encouragement and praise of both you and BMZ, because he loves it.

And you know that, which is why you manipulate him and encourage him. You know how to recognize someone who can be manipulated and you will waste no time in doing so. To you, this is all about "teams" and "alliances", and often you do not even care who you ally yourself with, just as long as they are trying to trash the Bible. And the moment they turn their sights on to the Quran, that will all change very quickly.

So it should be crystal clear to you what I am doing and exactly why I am doing it. I hide nothing.
Alex WM

London, UK

#194468 Nov 5, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, if you claim it, it MUST be so. LOL!!! Have you ever heard of the Psychology idea of "Projection"? Here, let me show you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_pr...
It's a logically faulty defense mechanism.
So if you are crazy and invent crazy stories about Jesus and claims about yourself, you tell yourself that you aren't the crazy one, the person who recognizes you as such is the crazy one.
You remind me of the situation where someone makes a claim about a kid and the kid says "I know you are but what am I?", and he thinks that settles it.
Little boy, you may desperately need wikipedia for "projection" but your seniors don't!
Do you remember inventing stories about me and priests?
That's where the clue is!
I have given my take on you because you seem to upset everybody with your faulty logic without even stopping to think.
Honestly seeker, you are like a dog that chases EVERY car!
Take a chill pill man.
Alex WM

London, UK

#194469 Nov 5, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that?
<quoted text>
It said gather all of the nations. And yes this is possible, because the Jews thought of themselves as the salvation for all of mankind.
Zachariah 2
14 'Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion; for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD. 15 And many nations shall join themselves to the LORD in that day, and shall be My people, and I will dwell in the midst of thee'; and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee. 16 And the LORD shall inherit Judah as His portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again. 17 Be silent, all flesh, before the LORD; for He is aroused out of His holy habitation.
Matthew 24
Matthew 8
6 And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.
7 And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.
8 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.
9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
<quoted text>
I think that the word nations disproves what you say.
<quoted text>
"First things first". Then:
<quoted text>
So when it suits your argument, the Gospels should look like copies of each other, but when it doesn't, the Gospels should NOT look like copies of each other. Nobody says that there never was a Mark 16:9-20, and in fact many think there was, but it got lost from the earliest copies they found. But, they all agree that there was a 9-20 or else the story is totally incomplete and ends at a bizarre place where it should not end. So they all agree that there is more, but that they can't find it. That is all they are saying. And they suggest that someone used Matthew to complete what is missing in Mark and should have been there.
<quoted text>
You are the crazy author of that, not me.
Learn the language and be enlightened.
till then chase parked cars!
BJ did not venture out and he tells his allegedly clueless boys to conquer the world after they fled?
Alex WM

London, UK

#194470 Nov 5, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
It does not necessarily mean that at all. The meaning isn't completely clear. You cannot simply make a blatant assumption and say that it MUST mean what you want it to mean. There is nothing obvious about the meaning at all.
Good!!
LISTEN to yourself and stop calling BJ G-d!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#194471 Nov 5, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear HughBe.
Peace
HughBe---Greetings my fellow Muslim, it is good to hear from you.

Alex---I have always held the view that Seeker has many deep seated problems.

HughBe--- And now you know that it is much more than an opinion, it is in fact a REALITY.

Alex---To be fair, he may have had a mental break down in the past.

HughBe--- Correct and is on the verge of having another one.

Alex---I don't for one moment suggest this in a disparaging manner or as any form of insult.

HUghBe--- That is understood.

Alex---He reminds me of a dog that chases cars to please a non existent leader of the pack who happens to be his alter ego...

HughBe-- You think too poorly of dogs.

Alex---He chases ... to become a laughing stock of this thread.

HughBe-- He certainly has earned it.

The pretender has countless unanswered questions and he ignores them and LIES. For example I have repeatedly asked him what are his views on the HOSTILITY of Judaism towards Jesus plus if he was ignorant of it as a "Christian"?

I am yet to see a response. If he did answer I have not seen it.
Alex WM

London, UK

#194472 Nov 5, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Ethinicity: Irish
Raised as a Catholic
Would not consider myself a Catholic, but still a follower of Jesus. I don't need a church in order to follow Jesus
If I seem like members of Judaism to HughBe, maybe it is because the Jews here do not say crazy, completely unfounded things and most of them are at least very rational, except for one or two of them, and in the case of those two, I was in immediate conflict with them and challenged the wild stories they were making up.
I have challenged even Christians if I think they are saying something inaccurate. For example, one suggested that Islam is not monotheistic, and I asked him to produce the verses from the Quran that say so, and he could not.
But when I ask HughBe why he doesn't convert to Islam, he never wants to answer that question. It should be a simple answer, but the problem is that in order for him to answer that, he has to say that there is something in Islam that is not true. And while he seems to be more than willing to point out flaws of both Christians and Jews here and even claim that there are false doctrines and even lies in Christianity, he never seems to want to do that when it is Islam's turn, even though he says he's not a Muslim, but instead he is a Christian, even though he has called himself a Muslim and has referred to Muslims as his fellow Muslims.
And the reason he is not willing to say one peep about Islam is that if he does and points something out that he believes is false in it, he will lose all of the praise that you and BMZ give him. And he loves this praise, and you know that, which is why you give it to him to keep encouraging him. As long as he says what you want to hear, you will keep encouraging him and praise and bless him. But the moment he doesn't, that will all change. And he can't bear to lose the encouragement and praise of both you and BMZ, because he loves it.
And you know that, which is why you manipulate him and encourage him. You know how to recognize someone who can be manipulated and you will waste no time in doing so. To you, this is all about "teams" and "alliances", and often you do not even care who you ally yourself with, just as long as they are trying to trash the Bible. And the moment they turn their sights on to the Quran, that will all change very quickly.
So it should be crystal clear to you what I am doing and exactly why I am doing it. I hide nothing.
You have many issues, seeker. These are well outside the remit of a simple Topix thread.
You have self doubt; you doubt others and you are a cynic.
You have this desperate need to talk about yourself and glorify yourself by telling how much you know compared with how little all others know.
Has life been cruel to you, seeker?
You certainly don't come across as a sincere "believer" in God.
Let's see some humility in you.

Please stop saying that HughBe, BMZ and others are falsely trying to please each other.

The last thing that a true believer needs is to be false.
You can deceive others, but you cannot deceive GOD who knows you better than you.

What is this desperate need to "convert"?

Why can't you be a good follower of Christianity/Islam/Hinduism/Ju daism/Buddhism/Sikhism or any religion/way of life/philosophy and still APPRECIATE good things in other religions/ways of life/philosophies?

Hope you stop being confrontational and learn to be more humble.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
International Conference on Cultural Sustainabl... Nov 27 moabdallah 1
News Australian Aboriginal prehistory, new research Nov 4 Sambo 2
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Oct '16 Folauimanuka 1,979
News Post-UNESCO blues: Whither interfaith meetings? Oct '16 Marie-Luise_J 2
News Bones, tools unearthed by Alberta flood could f... Oct '16 Rockets Richard Bone 1
News History lesson - Oct '16 Mark Newell PhD -... 1
Grimspound- my theory Sep '16 jobothehobo5 1
More from around the web