Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256266 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194428 Nov 4, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: why are you all here thrice again, if G-D wiped out all of alleged humanity?
We aren't. There is one creation of everything and one final destruction of it, and the Torah backs that up. The flood did not destroy the world so badly that God had to go through another six days of creation because the flood did not destroy the earth itself, so the earth did not have to be recreated. There is nothing in the Torah that says that.
I submitted

Anjou, Canada

#194429 Nov 4, 2013
and I am happy

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#194430 Nov 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorant fool!
There are hardly 3% Muslims in Detroit. The majority is Christian.
Detroit has been destroyed by your own people, mainly Christians. It is worse than an Asian slum.
Looks like the Holy Spirit has never guided the Christians in Detroit. lol!
Dearborn Michigan is a separate city in the State of Michigan.
That city in certain parts is overly populated by Muslims.
Very few non-Muslims live in that city.
The Muslims have taken over parts of the city and is run by Muslims.
Non-Muslims are not welcomed and are warned to stay out of those parts of city run the Muslim bureaucracy that control the city.

According to the 2010 Census, 40,929 or 41.7% of the population of Dearborn, Michigan, are of Arab-Muslim ...

In those parts of the city run by Muslims the crime rate is higher than the other cities populated by non-Muslims in America.

You are not being truthful Muslim!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#194431 Nov 4, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem came when they Created a Risen Messiah when there was nothing like that!!
That is why they had to invent so many lies. But a Simple person like Jesus who was born of a Virgin and curing people from sickness, was not a so unheard things.
But when you have to make "god out of a human being", you have to invent so many things about him. That is why we see so many problems in the Gospels, every one taking his own route!!
All these Gospels were written after teachings of Paul had taken roots amongst the early Christians. Every Gospel was influenced by teachings of Paul to start with and then Church people did their own "auditing".
This is the situation as it stands today.
Said that one who have taken biblical verse to prove it's about Muhammad when in reality it's not. You are not better than them so it's better for you to keep quiet.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#194432 Nov 4, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if Bobby Henderson says it is fictional, then it is fictional.
If you are being serious then your logic is fully illogic.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#194433 Nov 4, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm only saying what the Torah says, and if you think I am putting a spin on the Torah, then God can tell you how to explain exactly what spin I am putting on it. So far, it looks like YOU are putting a twist on it where the statement of "never AGAIN" turns into "never". And the two statements mean two different things, and you are not stupid, and therefore you KNOW what you are doing.
<quoted text>
So you mean that God never destroyed the whole world, but God DID flood the world. And God said that he would never AGAIN flood the whole world. So that means God did it once, but would never do it again.
<quoted text>
Yes, because God said he would never do it AGAIN, not that he never did it.
<quoted text>
Except for what he said will never happen AGAIN. The Torah is very clear.
<quoted text>
No you haven't, you don't even reference verse numbers at all.
<quoted text>
What did you do to fake it, and why wouldn't Michael just arrange things to let you do what he told you to do?
<quoted text>
And none of them believe it. Not even your family. And they have finally realized that the only way they can even talk to you without you barking at them and condemning them is to pretend that they actually believe you, and that is why they have recently decided to make contact with you, because they care about you and can't let you waste away. So in order to do that without you being hostile towards them, they have to pretend that you are who you say, so that they can at least talk to you.
<quoted text>
Well that would be cool to see how they react to you.
<quoted text>
Hmmmm...I'm sure you have, and after the results you got, this is why you are here, because you get more attention here than in other past places.
rabbee: well that's what your spin, is trying to tell you. you got it from somewhere else, and it most certainly was not G-D your got it from. TheTorah is never going to happen, any other way. as long as this world rejects being here in IT. G-D is not a liar, about anything done in TheTorah. if you all make the same mistakes, your always get the same physical reply from G-D. and wwi and wwii, terrorism, influenza, and cancer, are just some of those physical replies.

and your all the exact same alleged as people, as twice before here in TheTorah. and this is your second after life, as pathetic as it is again. you have already suffered, death twice before. as you all, still insist on a third death for this time. can you or science, explain that without lying about it? the exact same world, is all here again.

every exact same blade of grass, and grain if sand is in it's exact same place again. so none of your flesh, has been permanently eradicated yet. the only thing this vain world is asking for, is more torture and torment for not being true to G-D.

so no G-D did not destroy, all flesh as stated. just nearly almost all of it temporarily. cause they were not considered, as human beings. G-D'S covenant is with, beings in TheTorah. it is not for, subtle wild animal idolaters. it is a serious mental error, when you consider all about 7billion on this planet are human beings today. it is wall to wall, idolatry out there today.

and i am a much better speaker, than i am a writer. and there are some, who believe what i say. even my ex-wife, accepted it eventually. and my real family, are those who believe in G-D here in TheTorah. 41 years i never even spoke of G-D, and it was a shock to them when i finally did. it took me 41 years, so i am not concerned if it takes them 41 years.

and hey even if only two people are survived, the whole world has not been flooded or destroyed. your just looking at it, the way you were indoctrinated by others.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#194434 Nov 4, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
We aren't. There is one creation of everything and one final destruction of it, and the Torah backs that up. The flood did not destroy the world so badly that God had to go through another six days of creation because the flood did not destroy the earth itself, so the earth did not have to be recreated. There is nothing in the Torah that says that.
rabbee: that is your assumption, from others given to you. it only takes G-D, six man days to make all of physical totality. that is, the easy part. you have no concept, of the enormous power of G-D. all of you, are the harder want to be more difficult part.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#194435 Nov 4, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how you can suggest that someone born of a virgin is just a regular, simple guy just like everyone else and it is not so unheard of. Really?
Jesus is not unique in that case also, before Jesus, Adam also came out without any father and mother and eve too.

He was created by a special miracle of God, but that does not make him into God or one third of absurd Trinity.

We Muslims recognize his virgin birth, his miracles, but do not raise him to the level of God.

That is the best and most prudent course.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#194436 Nov 4, 2013
True Guidance and Light series (5)

The Promised Prophet of the Bible By: Munqidh Bin Mahmoud Assaqqar, PhD. Part-2

Sources and References:

• The Holy Quran

• The Holy Bible, English Standard Version.1981

• The Holy Bible, The Middle East Holy Bible’s publishers edition, Protestant’s copy

• The Holy Bible, The Middle East Holy Bible’s publishers edition, Orthodox’ copy

• The Holy Bible, the Jesuit priest hood edition, Catholic’s copy, issued by the Jesuit fathers, and distributed by the Holy Bible's organizations in the East, Beirut.(Translated from the Good News Bible, Today’s English Version, 2nd Edition 1992)

• The Bible in Basic English, 1965

• Douay-Rheims Bible, 1899

• Darby Bible, 1889

• The Holy Bible (The Hebrew Holy Scriptures and the Greek Holy Scriptures) new world translation,(Jehovah witnesses’ edition)

• The Samaritan Torah, Translated by Priest Abu Al Hassan Isaac Assory, Published by Ahmad Hijazy Al Saqa (1st edition) Al Ansar publishing, Cairo, 1398 lunar calendar

• The Gospel of Barnabas, Translation of Khalil Saada. Al Wathaeq publishing's edition. Kuwait, 1406 lunar calendar,

----------
• Analytical and critical study of the Book of Mark, historically and subjectively, Muhammad Abdul Halim Mustafa Abu Al Saad, 1st edition 1404 lunar calendar.

• John the Baptist between Islam and Christianity, Ahmad Hijazy Al Saqa, 1st edition, Al Turath Al Araby publishing, 1399 lunar
calendar

• Muhammad in the Holy Bible, by: David Benjamin (Abdul Al Ahad Dawood), translation of Fahmy Shamma, revised by Ahmad Mohammad Al Sediq, Doha Modern press.

• Muhammad in the Torah, Bible and the Quran, Ibrahim Khalil Ahmad, The commercial bookstore, Mecca, 1409 lunar calendar

• Muhammad the prophet of Islam in the Torah, Bible and the Quran, Muhammad Ezzat Al Tahtawy, Al Noor books store

• The Truth Revealed, Rahamtu Allah Al Hindi, revised by Muhammad Ahmad Malkawy, Al Hadith publishing, Cairo, 1404 lunar calendar

• The Gospel and the Cross, Abdul Ahad Dawood, Cairo 1351 lunar calendar

• The Clerical knowledge Encyclopedia, 3rd edition, Al Thaqafa publishing 1995

• The Expected Messiah the prophet of Islam (PBUH), Ahmad Hijazy Al Saqa, 1st edition, Al Thaqafa Al Deeneya bookstore, Egypt, 1398 lunar calendar

• The prophecies of the prophet of Islam in the Torah & the Gospel, Ahmad Hijazi Al Saqa, Albayan Al Araby publishing, Cairo, 1977

• The History of Arabs in Islam, Jawad Ali, 1st edition, Al Hadatha publishing, Beirut, 1983

• The History of the Christian Ideology, the Priest Dr Hana Gerges Al Khodary, Dar Al Thaqafa publishing, Cairo, 1981

• The Interpretation of John’s Gospel, Priest Athnasius, 4th edition, Dar AlJeel, Cairo, 1995

• The Holy Bible’s dictionary, a selection of professors and theologians, editors, Botros Abdul Malik, John Alexander Thomson, Ibrahim Mattar, 9th edition, Al Thaqafa publishing, 1994

• The Practical Interpretation of the Holy Bible, group of theology scholars, Cairo

• What do the Holy Bible and the west say about Muhammad (PBUH)?, Ahmed Deedat, 1st edition, the Egyptian house of publishing and distribution, Cairo, 1404 lunar calendar

(Contd.)
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#194437 Nov 4, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
The scripture does say that God will create a new heavens and a new earth. Hopefully, this time we'll take care of it. The present earth age will end with the death of the Messiah. We are living in the latter years and the resurrection of the Messiah will mark the beginning of the final earth age. This time, the earth will be purged by fire.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#194438 Nov 4, 2013
Shielaa wrote:
You are ignorant of human nature MUG and that is one of your weaknesses

He did not insert his name because Allah is supposedly the author of the Koran and not him.

For those who are interested in learning more you may find the following link helpful

Exerpt:

One of the historical facts, which will continue to arouse suspicion about the history of the written copy of the Koran, is the difference of Ibn Mas'uud's copy from those of the other Companions. He denies Sura 1, Sura 113, and Sura 114, and even declared anyone who considers them as belonging to the Book of God as infidels!! It's noteworthy that Ibn Mas'uud was one of the four people Muhammad recommended as trustworthy reciters of the Koran.

It was reported that he claimed to know everything in the Koran, whether big or small. When Zaid was assigned to collect the Koran, and he was left out, he was so sullen and angry at the assignment of someone less than twenty years of age to such a mission, for which he was more qualified than anyone else. He repudiated the assignment of Zaid to collect the Koran and said, "By God, I have converted to Islam while he was yet in the groins of an infidel!"

As for Ubayy's copy, it contains verses and Suras that are not in Othman's copy.

http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/Text/dis ...
Ans.

All these so called "Qurans" by IBN MASOOD and UBAI and ALI….. they only exist in imagination and not on earth!!

What exists in the world are copies of Quran, which was published by Othman, the third Caliph of Islam and every one agreed on it.

In case of other religions we have "physical existence" of so many versions and variants of the texts.

That is difference between islam and other religions.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#194439 Nov 4, 2013
NT wrote:
Not being a Christian or any other religion a Muslim can not come close to understanding the meaning of other religion so why do they venture forth into those other religious spheres of influence thus causing turmoil as we see today in many parts of our world ?
Ans.

If you have "Pure Gold" with you, why would you go out for the search of "brass and corrupted gold items being sold in the market"?

When you are on the right path, why should you go out and search for crooked paths, that they may lead you into error?

It is islam against which every religious scriptures and ideas is to be evaluated and not the other way round.
Alex WM

London, UK

#194440 Nov 4, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to answer all of it. Just explain to me how you can be critical of Judaism and/or Jews here, which you have, and even be critical of Christianity and/or Christians here, which you have when you said there are wrongs things about Christianity, and you can never be critical of Islam nor even any Muslims here.
Explain to me how you can use the Islamic term of Muslim and call yourself a fellow Muslim, and therefore legitimize a religion that clearly claims Jesus was never crucified, when you have also clearly claimed that you believe that he was crucified.
Your question itself shows bias.

Do you accept & respect Jesus the man?
Does Islam today accept & respect Jesus the man officially?
Does Judaism today accept & respect Jesus the man officially?

Do you respect Mary the mother of Jesus?
Does Islam today accept & respect Mary the mother of Jesus officially?
Does Judaism today accept & respect Mary the mother of Jesus,officially?

Seeker, instead of insulting the Most Holy Prophet Muhammed PBUH, you should at least be acknowledging Islam as a religion that loves and respects Jesus.

So how come you defend only Christianity and Judaism when they are poles apart, while blindly accusing HughBe?

You need to wake up and HughBe is wide awake.

(ps: I am not here to say if those who follow the present form of Judaism are right or wrong)
Alex WM

London, UK

#194441 Nov 4, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
There are errors, no sin.
Sin is a kind of severe condemnation of the wrong doers.
Errors are committed by nature and sentient beings when their energy fields become disordered on account of malfunctional mechanisms or perverse influences entering from outside.
If the disorder reverses by pressure from will or from the bearing down on a disorder in energy from a force from a higher dimension then the disorder disappears.
You claim that you are a product of error?
lol..
Alex WM

London, UK

#194442 Nov 4, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
And I have other sheep, that are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will heed my voice. So there shall be one flock, one shepherd.(John 10:16)
"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats." (Matthew 25:31,32)
"I tell you, many will come from east and west and sit at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, while the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness; there men will weep and gnash teeth." (Matthew 8:11,12)
All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations...." (Matthew 28:18,19)
19 “Sir,” the woman said,“I can see that you are a prophet. 20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”
21 “Woman,” Jesus replied,“believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain NOR IN JERUSALEM. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”
Weak indeed!
When he said "nations"/"othe r sheep", the man was referring to various sects of Jews and the House of Israel generally.

The names Abraham isaac and joseph come from Hebrew line but it still leaves out Ishmael THE SON OF ABRAHAM for a start!
Why?
If they can't even mention Abrahams own son, do you think they would mention the Chinese? "East and West" describes a very narrow range within that part of the world is like saying East Acton and West Acton both are in London, or East and west bank!!!!!

He NEVER went out to other "countries" actively looking to educate them.
You also know that Matt is almost a wholesale copy of Mark and most intelligent people shy away from Mark 16:9-20 to which Matt 28:15-20 are inextricably linked.

Please don't bring the tone down by bringing in the tadpole lady as a desperate measure to turn naughties into goodies.
Alex WM

London, UK

#194443 Nov 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---I regret to inform you that a WAITER is NOT the same as a Wayite. This ignorance explains the non-scriptural and false doctrines that you cleave to.
Alex--Greetings and Well said dear HughBe!
Shamma may be referring to "goat" when s/he mentions "god"?
HughBe--- Greetings, Alex. Based on my understanding I have no good reason to believe that when Sham speaks of god the reference is to a goat.
Greetings HughBe.
You may well be right, but based on Shamma's conflicting posts I am not sure who his "God" is.
He seems to claim that "there is only one God and that God is Jesus Christ who happens to be a Jewish man born 2000+ years ago"
Peace.
Alex WM

London, UK

#194444 Nov 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Sin is indeed sin and wrong is wrong. When TRUTH triumphs then the world will be a far better place.
When truth confronts falsehood, falsehood will perish.
Peace.
Alex WM

London, UK

#194445 Nov 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me the time to consider whether or not I should READ and then respond to your nonsense. There are many things that you have ignored or left unanswered and YOU know this.
You are NOT a Christian and your claim to be one is NOT recognized by Jesus. You lack as I have proven basic honesty and you move like a convert from Judaism. I see no difference between you and members of Judaism on this forum.
What is your ethnicity?
Hope seeker has answered these TRUTHFULLY including his ethnicity.
Alex WM

London, UK

#194446 Nov 4, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
"He who has seen the son has seen the father, I and my father are one!" - Jesus
You of all people should know the methodology used here.
This simply says, "I am in agreement with God" and
"My actions are compliant with the Will of God....watch me...and do what I do..".
Alex WM

London, UK

#194447 Nov 4, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Their messiah and the messianic age sounds so utopian but in reality nothing of all that will happen. In the other hand Christians have turned a man into a god and are waiting for his. Two thousand years after his death and nothing have happened.
Conclusion, pot calling the kettle black.
Good observation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stone tools prove humans at work 15,000 years ago (Mar '11) Feb 9 BINGO FART 3
News Did Ancient Greeks Sail to Canada? Feb 6 Vasily Ivanov 1
News Ruins of historic mission ranch among few remai... (Dec '09) Feb 1 NEWS FART 2
News Shawn Vestal: When cows were the cornerstone of... Jan 28 jarrfan 1
Scota origin? - mother of Scotland Jan 26 cecelia hall 1
News India is on the hunt for 24 - untraceable' hist... Jan '18 Archaeonaut 1
Meteorite Uses Since Ancient Times Jan '18 John 1
More from around the web