Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256363 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194046 Oct 30, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
We can be here all day but you have been "fox" washed.
Did Saddam try to come to America?
No, he came to Kuwait, and looted it, and I don't remember them inviting him. And there was never a treaty signed after that, there was only a conditional ceasefire, and the conditions of the ceasefire is that Saddam submit to weapons inspections, and he breached that ceasefire by kicking the inspectors out. There was never any treaty ever signed, and therefore the first war was never officially over. That is a little fact that nobody seems to want to mention.
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Saddam was SCREWED by America after sending him up a grease pole.
America does this to many dictators...gets them to steal the wealth..bank it in US controlled banks and then "freeze" his billions and FORGET to give to the people from whom they steal.
You need to prove that one. I don't recall Saddam putting his money in US banks. But if you are correct, then surely you can substantiate that.
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
The infrastructure was destroyed by America.
Rebuilt by america OVERCHARGING iraqis and then taking the credit for it?
Overcharging the Iraqis? It was the US taxpayers that ended up paying for it all. And now Iraq has a good budget surplus, while the US is heavily in debt. And Iraq would be in great shape right now, if they stopped killing each other.
Alex WM

London, UK

#194047 Oct 30, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch out for crabbee who will surely have something to say about that.
Oh NO!!

I didn't mean it,Rabbee... I just got tempted into chipping in with a cheap joke at the expense of my great...great....great...grand mother! lol

(Well my prayer asking for forgiveness for insulting my Great...great...great......gra ndmother was sincere).
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#194048 Oct 30, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Good point.
<quoted text>
Well, actually, God does. God says do not kill, but God kills. But God cannot be judged because God invented the rules.
<quoted text>
Well okay then, God can sin too. Don't know where you are going with this.
<quoted text>
So Jesus was not lifted up to God before his crucifixion and someone else was crucified instead of him as the Quran states? And if not, how do you feel about the Quran's claim that he was?
Seeker---How about the fact that sin is strictly a human characteristic ..

HughBe--- Was Satan a HUMAN? He sinned, as I recall.

Seeker--No. Good point.

HughBe --It is my understanding that many who make rules also break them and so I don't see why God would be an exception.

Seeker--Well, actually, God does. God says do not kill, but God kills. But God cannot be judged because God invented the rules.

HughBe-- So those who make the rules cannot be judged by the rules? Is that how it works in the US? What would you call such a scenario?

HughBe -- some say that Adam had the CHARACTER of God and I am making the observation that with his Godlike character he sinned readily. With this in mind I am saying that God can also sin. Now go back and answer the questions above.

Seeker---Well okay then, God can sin too. Don't know where you are going with this.

HughBe--- My God CANNOT sin. Adam did NOT have the character of God. Adam had the FORM or image of God and NOT His character.

HughBe -- I have an unwavering conviction that Jesus, the Christ, was killed because of envy, jealousy and bad mind but such were the necessary conditions for the fulfillment of Isaiah 53.

Seeker--So Jesus was not lifted up to God before his crucifixion and someone else was crucified instead of him as the Quran states?

HughBe--- I see 2 parts to your question. I have not addressed the first part and such a thing has never entered my mind. Explain Jesus being lifted up before His crucifixion.

I have spoken for my self and in my mind my words are clear but clearly they are not for you. So instead on me repeating myself countless times tell me your understanding of my words which come next. "Jesus, the Christ, was killed because of envy, jealousy and bad mind "

Do you think that I meant that Jesus was SHOT?

Seeker--- And if not, how do you feel about the Quran's claim that he was?

HughBe--- I believe that my position is clear. How do you feel about Judaism's hostility to Jesus.

HughBe--- I am still waiting for an answer to this question. What prevents God from SINNING? Is it His power or Character?
Alex WM

London, UK

#194049 Oct 30, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex---America does this to many dictators...gets them to steal the wealth..bank it in US controlled banks and then "freeze" his billions and FORGET to give to the people from whom they steal.
HughBe--If correct, Iraqis and others should seek recourse via the International Criminal Court.
The problem here is very complex.
Accounting or cooking the books is an art in itself.
All sorts of charges can be levied against the funds....how much can be off set? how long is a piece of string?
Even Petro dollars were put through this mill.
Don't forget currency exchange rate manipulation and risk..various costs ...plus Forward Exchange contracts...Interest swaps..FRA's and many little mechanisms to eat into the funds....
What the villagers get would be nothing once all the "trumped up" charges have been levied.
These are done by "mirrors"...now you see it..and now you dont!
America and even my country are masters in the art of fleecing from the "third world".
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#194050 Oct 30, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!!!!
That was again a GREAT and WISE comment,dear HughBe.
I can relate to Seeker in some ways.
The more I resisted Islam the greater the attraction became, so I was a bit like Seeker.......going completely Anti until I submitted the Will of my creator in peace and humility.
Hats off to you dear brother believer in God.
Peace.
Seeker----So far, he won't tell anybody why he would not convert to Islam

HughBe--- I believe that you are struggling with the idea of converting to Islam. Your struggle reminds me in principle of Frijoles' struggle when he was struggling with his homosexual desires/attractions and in the end he gave and became a FULL convert.

Alex---WOW!!!!
The more I resisted Islam the greater the attraction became, so I was a bit like Seeker.......going completely Anti until I submitted the Will of my creator in peace and humility.

HughBe--- What must I say, Alex? I found your words funny and satisfying.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194051 Oct 30, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
That horrible murderer killed an innocent old man and bombed a few mosques in UK.
Tell me the verses he quoted or the Jesus is great screams that he said.
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Also murdering innocent villagers several times a day in Iraq and Afghanistan using “neat killing machines” does not make those killings any better than the crazy meat cleaver boys.
Excuse me, but in the case of both countries it is well known that far more Muslims were killed by fellow Muslims than US soldiers ever did. And innocent villagers? They weren't involved in any hanky panky? Hmmmm..... Impossible, right?
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because we kill people using drones does not make us any better.
Well, let's see. If a drone ends up making a mistake killing innocent civilians while going after some not so innocent people, that is deemed a mistake. But when someone who wants to bomb a market or mosque kills innocent civilians, there is no mistake made at all because they were the INTENDED targets. And you don't see any difference at all?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194052 Oct 30, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
And so are stories.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#194053 Oct 30, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
All sorts of charges can be levied against the funds....how much can be off set? how long is a piece of string?
Even Petro dollars were put through this mill.
Don't forget currency exchange rate manipulation and risk..various costs ...plus Forward Exchange contracts...Interest swaps..FRA's and many little mechanisms to eat into the funds....
What the villagers get would be nothing once all the "trumped up" charges have been levied.
These are done by "mirrors"...now you see it..and now you dont!
America and even my country are masters in the art of fleecing from the "third world".
Understood, but they should still try. The courts are there to get to the bottom of things. I wonder if Frijoles is a judge?
Alex WM

London, UK

#194054 Oct 30, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he came to Kuwait, and looted it, and I don't remember them inviting him. And there was never a treaty signed after that, there was only a conditional ceasefire, and the conditions of the ceasefire is that Saddam submit to weapons inspections, and he breached that ceasefire by kicking the inspectors out. There was never any treaty ever signed, and therefore the first war was never officially over. That is a little fact that nobody seems to want to mention.
<quoted text>
You need to prove that one. I don't recall Saddam putting his money in US banks. But if you are correct, then surely you can substantiate that.
<quoted text>
Overcharging the Iraqis? It was the US taxpayers that ended up paying for it all. And now Iraq has a good budget surplus, while the US is heavily in debt. And Iraq would be in great shape right now, if they stopped killing each other.
You really need to learn more about Kuwait and Iraq and how america was ready with a kuwait reconstruction plan long before saddams "invasion"!
He was given tacit approval by USA who later denied it..because they needed to get in there to make money.
Saddam was just a cat's paw....for US to use and abuse.

Here is a tiny snippet about the crocodile tars shed by USA...
"Last month, the Treasury Department seized $1.7 billion in Iraqi government cash sitting in banks on U.S. shores since the Persian Gulf War. About $1.4 billion will go to rebuild Iraq, with the other $300 million held for U.S. prisoners of war from the Gulf War."

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/world/ir...

Do you really think the money will go to the citizens?

America blows up the country...SCREWS iraq with cost of repairs...always OVERCHARGNING them because its a captive market..
America keeps almost ALL the money and throw a few crumbs at us here...

But t
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194055 Oct 30, 2013
HughBe--- I see 2 parts to your question. I have not addressed the first part and such a thing has never entered my mind. Explain Jesus being lifted up before His crucifixion.

Sure, no problem. From the Quran.

4:157 (Y. Ali) That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

4:158 (Y. Ali) Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-

I thought you would have been aware of these verses.
Alex WM

London, UK

#194056 Oct 30, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me the verses he quoted or the Jesus is great screams that he said.
<quoted text>
Excuse me, but in the case of both countries it is well known that far more Muslims were killed by fellow Muslims than US soldiers ever did. And innocent villagers? They weren't involved in any hanky panky? Hmmmm..... Impossible, right?
<quoted text>
Well, let's see. If a drone ends up making a mistake killing innocent civilians while going after some not so innocent people, that is deemed a mistake. But when someone who wants to bomb a market or mosque kills innocent civilians, there is no mistake made at all because they were the INTENDED targets. And you don't see any difference at all?
Seeker, if a murderer does not say anything loud, that makes it all ok, does it?

Even if the murderer said anything, the media will not give out the info as the media is hell bent on bashing muslims.
You NEED to look at independent sources for your news.
Alex WM

London, UK

#194057 Oct 30, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- I believe that you are struggling with the idea of converting to Islam. Your struggle reminds me in principle of Frijoles' struggle when he was struggling with his homosexual desires/attractions and in the end he gave and became a FULL convert.
Alex---WOW!!!!
HughBe--- What must I say, Alex? I found your words funny and satisfying.
What more can I say!
God has given you wisdom, dear brother.
I know you are using it "wisely" and "generously"!
Peace.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#194058 Oct 30, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- I believe that you are struggling with the idea of converting to Islam.
Now why would I be struggling with that and why would anybody ever think that? Perhaps you have not seen all of the holes that I point out in the Quran on a daily basis.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Your struggle reminds me in principle of Frijoles' struggle when he was struggling with his homosexual desires/attractions and in the end he gave and became a FULL convert.
Alex---WOW!!!!
So you did finally convert to Islam? I don't understand why you wouldn't just come out and say that. If you did convert, you are not supposed to hide that fact or be ashamed to admit it if people ask you about it straight up as I have.
Alex WM

London, UK

#194059 Oct 30, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
And so are stories.
Seeker most of the stuff i give on Mid East can be verified...but i am sorry I don't have time to look for links.
It does not mean that my claims cannot be substantiated.
Alex WM

London, UK

#194060 Oct 30, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Understood, but they should still try. The courts are there to get to the bottom of things. I wonder if Frijoles is a judge?
True, but when we refer to "they"......they (the present leaders) are also puppets planted by USA.
The Iraqi leaders since 2003 have been puppets...they would not dare challenge their puppet masters.
The question may arise in 30 years when a new regime takes over..but it will all be history!
Your comment about judge is valid and noted!
Alex WM

London, UK

#194061 Oct 30, 2013
Goodnight and God bless.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#194062 Oct 30, 2013
Seeker wrote:
Sure, no problem. From the Quran.
4:157 (Y. Ali) That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
4:158 (Y. Ali) Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-
I thought you would have been aware of these verses.
1. I have read your post but I have not seen an EXPLANATION of
" Jesus being lifted up before His crucifixion."

2. Why would I be aware of those verses? Explain your reason for making such a comment.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#194063 Oct 30, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but when we refer to "they"......they (the present leaders) are also puppets planted by USA.
The Iraqi leaders since 2003 have been puppets...they would not dare challenge their puppet masters.
The question may arise in 30 years when a new regime takes over..but it will all be history!
Your comment about judge is valid and noted!
All is understood.

Blessings, Alex.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#194064 Oct 30, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Now why would I be struggling with that and why would anybody ever think that? Perhaps you have not seen all of the holes that I point out in the Quran on a daily basis.
<quoted text>
So you did finally convert to Islam? I don't understand why you wouldn't just come out and say that. If you did convert, you are not supposed to hide that fact or be ashamed to admit it if people ask you about it straight up as I have.

HughBe--- I believe that you are struggling with the idea of converting to Islam.

Seeker---Now why would I be struggling with that and why would anybody ever think that?

HughBe--- I do not know the reasons for such a struggle. However, it seems to me that there is a BIG struggle.

My reasons for thinking that way includes your frequent reference to conversion to Islam. I view its application to me as a projection. Why? I have told you explicitly and indirectly many times that I am a Christian and yet you persist with this conversion agenda.

Seeker-- Perhaps you have not seen all of the holes that I point out in the Quran on a daily basis.

HughBe--- More likely I have not read any of your HOLES.

HughBe---Your struggle reminds me in principle of Frijoles' struggle when he was struggling with his homosexual desires/attractions and in the end he gave and became a FULL convert.

Alex---WOW!!!!That was again a GREAT and WISE comment,dear HughBe.

Seeker---So you did finally convert to Islam? I don't understand why you wouldn't just come out and say that.

HughBe--- Poor Seeker.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#194065 Oct 30, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
Goodnight and God bless.
Rest well, Alex.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Safeguarding Islam's ancient past May 12 Tear it down 1
News Men made strange discoveryHere are the top stor... May 7 Dr Reker s Bellhop 1
News Boy finds 5,000-year-old spearhead (Feb '12) May 6 Natgan 3
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... May 2 okimar 25
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Apr '17 Plunder 5
News Archaeologists Reconstruct Face of Medieval Man... Mar '17 kornadnez 1
News Blackbeard's anchor recovered off coast (May '11) Feb '17 Pretty Pharts 12
More from around the web