Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,660

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
Alex WM

London, UK

#193438 Oct 24, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
...s muhammed who's more likened unto adolph hitler or stalin. i have had three conversations with G-D, and everything i know. is drawn from those three visits, with G-D here in TheTorah Happening. so the words for me to say, have already been previously given. can't you keep the facts straight, that G-D has talked with me. that's past tense, not present tense talks or is talking.
...and muhammed and i have nothing in common, with G-D coming to visit with me here in TheTorah. when in fact you all you all have more in common with muhammed's not here in TheTorah false accounting. there is a big difference in being visited by an angel and being visited by G-D with Angels, and also angels.
your inability to keep the truth straight, says a lot about the un-holiness of your character.
Hello Rabbee...if your "g-d" told you Mohammed was like Adolf Hitler then your "g-d" needs a new pair of glasses, my friend.
Yep, you have not a lot in common with Prophet Mohammed because he was the greatest of men and has a following of 2billion and counting...while..you have to rely on yourself, which is OK too.
You have your cause and others have theirs.
Live and let live.
Alex WM

London, UK

#193439 Oct 24, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about making the rest of us into yellow cows!
l.o.l.
But their was no need for you to insert verses into another series to while our boredom away...but think of the intellectual challenge.
But seeker is a real old wife, dementedly babbling along about posters on other fora and nothing at all frankly.
Likes to read his own words over and over we can only presume, given the lack of relevance and painting any and all with the same brush. And think of Italo boy phycologist passing by hear and evilly giving just another little push.(mind we have two of those so who's yapping noone knows)
Very good observation indeed, Maat!
All credit to you... for noticing what that italo-psyco-mule(NOT stallion!!!) is doing to poor Seeker boy! He keeps pushing seeker until the poor lad goes over a steep cliff.
Alex WM

London, UK

#193440 Oct 24, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I have to admit, I did not know about these. There are so many hadiths that it is hard to know about them all.
Like your religious books...how many are they?
Alex WM

London, UK

#193441 Oct 24, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>No! Alex, seeker got it right!
The Jews got it wrong!
You missed the point Maat!
The post has nothing to do with false prophets.
The posting explains Jesus relationship with God the Father who sent Jesus to do the Will of God.
The Jews ignored Genesis:
Genesis 3:15
New International Version
And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head
This is the basis for the coming of the Messiah.
The Messiah was to come from the seed of a women, not from the seed of a male Jew.
The reason for the Jews not accepting Jesus on the basis that the messiah was to be born of a male and female parents is not a valid reason to reject Jesus.
The Jews got it wrong!
Jesus was a virgin birth just as God said from the lone seed of a women.
Hey this post is quite polite, Shamma.
Thank you for that although I obviously disagree with your analysis.
Many men of G-d did the Will of G-d and I believe that we ALL submit to the Will of G-d actively or passively.
Alex WM

London, UK

#193442 Oct 24, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even have to explain that either way, as I don't care whether people like me or not. I am not here to win a popularity contest, I am here to say the truth. And people hate it when you flat out say the truth and point out false things they say. They need their ego pampered, first and foremost. I have much experience with this fact.
You do care...that's why you are putty in the hands of that ilatian psychotic atheist! lol
Alex WM

London, UK

#193443 Oct 24, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>...
The Quran's Allah is Muhammad.
Prove to me that Mohammed PBUH created Adam because
Quran says Lord God Allah created Adam.
I never knew that Mohammed PBUH created Adam!
You know BJ created Adam, right?
Alex WM

London, UK

#193444 Oct 24, 2013
MAAT wrote:
Seeker it's all hearsay.
If you can google google.
If you can discuss it with others like the italian boy, please do.
Well i'm calling it a night.
But i can interprete Adma (freely) as fertile land and Eve as wide-overall birth...so how does gen. 3:15 work then?
And what if....
I can pose lot's of questions.
Will it ever suffice?
What do you think...
Hope Seeker takes your advice...lol
Alex WM

London, UK

#193445 Oct 24, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: i am not, at the helm. nor do i, want to be there. G-D is in charge, for a full six days. and i am still looking for a good nuff reason, to convince G-D to take with THEM. there is no way, i would want to be in charge of this total un-reconcilable loony bin.
If you give up on us, then who will take over your job, Rabbee?
Alex WM

London, UK

#193446 Oct 24, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Ex-Lax.
You are a paragon of false logic. The existence of Jesus proves nothing whatsoever about your "prophet's" revelations concerning his words and deeds. I simply pointed out that if Jesus DIDN'T exist, which is where your criticisms of the Gospel "redactors" were LOGICALLY heading, then Mohammad was both deceived and deceiving.
Can you define what it means to be MOST HOLY?
Perhaps you don't use man screws as a woodworker, I guess! lol..
Did Muhammed confirm that Jesus existed?
Alex WM

London, UK

#193447 Oct 24, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Son, I am no Jesus and could NEVER be. The thing is you assume too much and know very little.
This is the thing, I shall deal with those who wrong me and I am telling YOU that Jesus is FAR more CAPABLE of dealing with those who offend Him. Let Jesus deal with ALL who offend Him.
A word of caution, look at the wrongs that YOU KNOWINGLY do that offend Jesus and that bring a reproach to the Gospel.
Good advice to all dear HughBe.
God Bless you
Alex WM

London, UK

#193448 Oct 24, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
The Creator God loves you, Alex, and so do I. If you seek Him with all your heart you shall find Him and you shall abide under His shadow.
Greetings and thank you HughBe. The Creator God loves you too.
Take care.
Peace
Alex WM

London, UK

#193449 Oct 24, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
He just has to learn to google and if need be learn latin and read, and read, and read more...
What kind of character goes and asks others to find things that most grown-ups are prefectly capable of doing themselves...
This forum is for computer or at least surf literates of over 18 and not blunted or demented.
Absolutely, Maat!
Hopefully he is over 18 (and not over 1.8) and able to do a bit of "googling"!
Take care
Alex WM

London, UK

#193450 Oct 24, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Vulgate 5th c CE Jerome involved.
Publication or use is a different matter.
1 John 5:6-12
New International Version (NIV)
6 This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. 7 For there are three that testify: 8 the[a] Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement. 9 We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10 Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.
Footnotes:
a.1 John 5:8 Late manuscripts of the Vulgate testify in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one. 8 And there are three that testify on earth: the (not found in any Greek manuscript before the fourteenth century)
NOTE SHAMMA and MUQ(well seeker is Obvious) IN HEAVEN:
If the greek did not have it at all why would the translation of the greek in latin have it?
Well because it was added.
But no i mean the literal 1 john 1:1 once.
(funny all those ones)
Thank you for that.
Greek..0 and Latin 1, when it comes to insertions.
Yes, John 1:1 is quite interesting and Mr. John Wycliffe attempted to bring a sense of decorum, but he was "shot down" quickly by the obsessive system.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#193451 Oct 24, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Shamma you might have missed it in the fog of all those lord addressing lords in matthew, but jesus is just like mohammad staking a claim.
Moses did too (debatable since he could have become a covenant-tribe of a religion allready having yhvh depends upon the reading)
Oh really, i hope you mean that as not intentional mistake and not as let's do bad to other and pray real hard and blessings will rain on them.
Can't you just thank god/allah/g-d/critter of the seventh dimension? Cross out what does not apply.
What is the difference between original sin and imputed sin?

January 23, 2006| by Matt Perman| Topic: Imputed & Original Sin

Subscribe to...

The terms "original sin" and "imputed sin" refer to the two main effects that Adam's sin had on the human race.

First, as a result of Adam's sin we all enter the world with a fallen nature. This is original sin--the sinful tendencies, desires, and dispositions in our hearts with which we are all born. Thus, original sin is something inherent in us--it is a morally ruined character. The original sin that we are all born with manifests itself throughout our lives in actual sins--the actions, thoughts, and feelings we have that violate God's moral commands. So our sinful hearts (original sin) cause us to make sinful choices, think sinful thoughts, and feel sinful feelings (actual sins). We are not sinners because we sin; rather, we sin because we are sinners. We are all born totally imprisoned in original sin. There is no island of goodness left in us.

Second, the guilt of Adam's sin is credited not just to Adam himself, but to us all. We are regarded as having sinned in Adam, and hence as deserving of the same punishment. This is imputed sin. Thus, we not only receive polluted and sinful natures because of Adam's sin (original sin), but we are also regarded as having sinned in Adam such that we are guilty of his act as well (imputed sin).

Imputed sin is the ruin of our standing before God and is thus not an internal quality but an objective reckoning of guilt, whereas original sin is the ruin of our character and thus is a reference to internal qualities. Both original sin and imputed sin place us under the judgment of God.

Since the consequences of Adam's sin are twofold (original sin and imputed sin), the remedy of our salvation is also twofold. John Piper writes:

So we have seen two things that need a remedy. One is our sinful nature that enslaves us to sin, and the other is our original guilt and condemnation that is rooted not first in our individual sinning but in our connection with Adam in his sin. The book of Romans—indeed the whole Bible— is the story of how God has worked in history to remedy these two problems. The problem of our condemnation in Adam God remedies through justification in Christ.

The problem of our corruption and depravity he remedies through sanctification by the Spirit. Or to put it another way: The problem of our legal guilt and condemnation before God is solved by his reckoning to us the righteousness Christ; and the problem of our moral defilement and habitual sinning is solved by his purifying us by the work of Spirit.

The first remedy, justification, comes by imputed righteousness. The other, sanctification, comes by imparted righteousness. Justification is instantaneous; sanctification is progressive – and we will deal extensively with it in Romans 6-8, just we have dealt with justification in Romans 3-5.(John Piper, "Adam, Christ, and Justification: Part IV")
Alex WM

London, UK

#193452 Oct 24, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you if Muhammad ever gave permission for his men to lie, and you said that he never gave permission for his men to lie about GOD's COMMANDS. Why did the addition of "God's commands" get added to my question and then answered in that fashion when my question never mentioned anything about God's commands? Remember, there are two Angels sitting on your shoulders recording your behavior.
You need to wake up Seeker.
Does Allah give permission to lie in the QURAN?
The how on earth can you claim that the messenger of Allah went against the Quran?
Can't you see a tiny problem there?
There are many writers and many books like the Gospel writers who NEVER met Jesus.
Do you get the hint?

Location hidden

#193453 Oct 24, 2013
Why are all Muslims destine to the fires of hell?
Simply because all Muslims disobey God and follow the false teachings of Muhammad.
Alex WM

London, UK

#193454 Oct 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why I had asked our Christian friends if Jesus had submitted or surrendered to God or not?
This question really worries them. lol!
That's true, bro.

I have asked Shamma MANY times....
What was the religion of Adam?
What was the religion of Noah?
What was the religion of Abraham?
What was the religion of Isaac?
What was the religion of Jacob?
What was the religion of the 12 Children of Jacob including Judah?
What was the religion of Moses?
What was the religion of Jesus?

After the arrival of Jesus, if a Monotheist accepted Jesus as a Messenger of God but NOT God, then he/she was a Muslim OF THAT TIME in our view.

Such a person is NOT a Christian because Shamma "knows" that Jesus is God! Shamma believes that God came as a man to save him/her. I don't.

By definition...Abraham, Isaac, Ishmael, Jacob, Joseph, Moses were neither Christian nor Jewish.

Muslim is a simple definition of a person who submits his/her will to the Lord God who is not a man and is unlike any of creation.
Alex WM

London, UK

#193455 Oct 24, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Seeker---Now, he also CLEARLY said that he would NEVER convert to Islam
HughBe--- I am now asking you, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, to PROVE your FALSE assertion above.
Unlike Judahites YOU as a Christian were taught that LYING lips are an ABOMINATION to the Lord. So, prove that I CLEARLY spoke as you have asserted.
Wow..for one moment the "lie- Seeker" got me there, dear HughBe!

I have gone back and checked up. This is what you said. Correct me if I am wrong:

Seeker-- Have you ever considered converting?

HughBe--- To Judaism, Islam or Hinduism? The answer is NO for all 3.

God Bless.

Location hidden

#193456 Oct 24, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove to me that Mohammed PBUH created Adam because
Quran says Lord God Allah created Adam.
I never knew that Mohammed PBUH created Adam!
You know BJ created Adam, right?
Muhammad made himself God of the world.
The Quran are the created words of Muhammad.
There is no God besides Muhammad according to the Quran.
If you do not believe in Muhammad you cannot be a Muslim.

And Muhammad says his religion of Islam comes from God.
And who is the creator of Muhammad's religion of Islam?
The answer Muhammad.
So Muhammad is God according to the Quran.
For Muhammad is the founder of Gods religion of Islam.
So Muhammad must be God according to the teachings of Muhammad.
Alex WM

London, UK

#193457 Oct 24, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Why are all Muslims destine to the fires of hell?
Simply because all Muslims disobey God and follow the false teachings of Muhammad.
If we disobey YOUR "god" we will end up in hell, right?
We are prepared to take that chance because we are not into human sacrifice and cannibalism.
Thanks anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Million-Mummy Cemetery Unearthed in Egypt Dec 23 Binders Full of W... 2
Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Dec 23 iSland Olosega 1,971
Video: Drone footage shows damage Greenpeace di... Dec 21 Cordwainer Trout 2
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Dec 16 uiha 5
Stonemason James Vieira of Ashfield studies &#x... (Dec '12) Dec 9 sam 5
Alleged Dead Sea Scrolls Looters Indicted Dec 9 How Stuff Works 1
Oldest Metal Object in Middle East Discovered Dec 8 Bill 1
More from around the web