Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256371 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#193325 Oct 23, 2013
truth wrote:
if i could asked you
I think you have to say who you are asking before they can answer your question.
Alex WM

London, UK

#193326 Oct 23, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! Let's face it, you only look for the good if someone tells you what you want to hear. But if they don't, you fly off into a childish rage of ridiculous statements, side steps, diversions and sometimes even outright lies. I just gotta love the way you paint yourself. And the funny part is that you might actually believe the glowing colors that you paint yourself in. I can't be sure.
Here you are describing yourself AGAIN!

Satan sows seeds of doubt in you as you offer yourself as a fertile ground for Mr. Lucifer (or was it SATAN Claws)!

Stop judging others by superimposing your own qualities on them.

You are a cynical, suspicious, deluded, insecure, phobic, arrogant fool doing great disservice to Christianity.

We know that you are desperate to be taken seriously.

So you engage every Tom Dick and Harry, confusing them AND yourself in the process!

They all laugh at you.

Then you become more desperate.

In desperation you align with fools like Stefano whose broken English is sheer poetry to you while intelligent people like Maat are attacked for their ("lack of") English proficiency!

It seems the only person who doesn't know you is YOU!!!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#193327 Oct 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am always open to a good discussion, Seeker and you know that well but you keep drifting.
Well, I think there are about three of four questions I asked you in response to posts you made on the last few pages that still remain unanswered. And I am convinced that some of them will remain unanswered and I know exactly why. How many times do we need to go through the same thing?

I pretty much get the behavior by now and I'm just going to have to accept the fact that this is simply what you do. So if you don't answer something, I'm just going to have to assume that I asked the right question that you cannot answer and just move on.
Alex WM

London, UK

#193328 Oct 23, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
It does matter when I am trying to figure out whether the person has a few screws loose, it just can't speak the language clearly. It makes a big difference and I am trying to make any allowances that I can....
Sorry to interrupt...
The majority decision says:
The person who has a few screws loose is YOU!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#193329 Oct 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
One would have to come up with a true story first.
So I say this:
"What would you think if someone suggested that Muhammad decided to stop preaching for fear of his life and remain in hiding? Would that be complimentary to him?"

And your answer is this:

Well who is to say your story is true? But anyway, it was a rhetorical question and I know you understood it as that. Don't even worry about answering it, I got my answer.
Alex WM

London, UK

#193330 Oct 23, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Just do me a favor. If you don't want to back the things up that you post, don't bother to post them, okay? Fair enough? You should know that you might just be asked to do that and should be ready to do so. Why should anybody be allowed to make whatever claim they want and nobody should be allowed to question it? And I didn't even deny what you said, I just asked you to back it up, that's all. Nothing unfair about that.
Just do me a favour ok?
Prove to me that BJ is G-d!
If you don't want to back the things up that you post without ANYTHING direct from BJ...then give up, ok?
Many here can check it out for themselves.
I don't give you a lot because you lack humility. You never ask in a friendly inquiring manner. You simply attack..saying I am wrong...and then want me to give you an easy ride. No way.

Yes, I maintain that "water" is used in a few languages (vulg) to refer to Semen.
If you pay me a million dollars and promise to lick my ass for the rest of your life..I shall produce the proof.
I may be able to arranged for a person to provide a youtube clip in a foreign language as well.

You are shying away from Feet washing John?
Come on what happened to BJ of Mark, Matt, Luke.....when John decides to name the foot worshipper!!

We are waiting!
Alex WM

London, UK

#193331 Oct 23, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
So I say this:
"What would you think if someone suggested that Muhammad decided to stop preaching for fear of his life and remain in hiding? Would that be complimentary to him?"
And your answer is this:
Well who is to say your story is true? But anyway, it was a rhetorical question and I know you understood it as that. Don't even worry about answering it, I got my answer.
When BJ told disciples not to tell others...or when he admitted he blabbered in parables to confuse others........you will maintain that it has a DEEPER meaning!!

You are toast after having insisted that Jesus NEVER said anything explicitly and that EVERYTHING was ALWAYS in a more CRYPTIC, DEEPER and INDIRECT fashion.....!!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#193332 Oct 23, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to interrupt...
The majority decision says:
The person who has a few screws loose is YOU!
Which majority? The anti Christian majority? What else would you expect them to say? They have no other choice. And I doubt that people think I'm crazy, they just don't like me because I ask many hard, challenging questions that they don't want to answer and then I point out all of the little tricks and stunts they pull to not have to answer them.

Nobody has to tell my that I am hated here and why I am hated. I am completely aware of that fact and of what I do and I have very good reasons for doing it. And if people want to hate me for that, so be it. But I am not going to cover things up, sugar coat things and let clearly wrong statements go just so that people will like me. I don't play "the game". So of course I will be well hated. No surprise in that. People generally hate people who just come out and say it, rather than stroking their ego and tip toeing around it. Oh well. Homey don't play that.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#193333 Oct 23, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I think there are about three of four questions I asked you in response to posts you made on the last few pages that still remain unanswered. And I am convinced that some of them will remain unanswered and I know exactly why. How many times do we need to go through the same thing?
I pretty much get the behavior by now and I'm just going to have to accept the fact that this is simply what you do. So if you don't answer something, I'm just going to have to assume that I asked the right question that you cannot answer and just move on.
Some of my very important questions have not been answered by you but I have never suggested that you ran away or were not able to answer..

I am on record for answering the toughest questions. Bring them on again, please.

Tonight, I have to go to bed early as I am not feeling well. Post the questions and I will see tomorrow, God Willing.

Good night from Singapore

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#193334 Oct 23, 2013
Good night all.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#193335 Oct 23, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
It translates into balderdash if you purposefully leave 31 out. I have already explained this to you. Why do you ignore that part? If you include 31, it all makes perfect sense. Honestly, what the heck is going on?
Honestly can't you tell the difference..not even after reading chapter and verse about 12 times now? You really think any content from verse 31 would do any good...for who?

In the first version the jewish god dissolves into nothing.
In the second version christians claim He (in greek without capital letter)could be anyone and jesu-god would dissolve in a puff of air.

Well they often pick and choose anyway.
But what we are having here is a bothersome verse.
What father might it then be?
Well Matthew at least provides christians with David as option.

What page did i put that entire greek thingy?

The verse (spurious ) in Luke has similar issues. Is Jesus abandoned by his father (BMZ would say left 'his side', as would the greek in Matthew when david's-spirit spirit-talks and is the comforter for Jesus...strenght at his side giving him thtitle lord.)So is he father turning his back on all humankind or the 7 women in OURANOS, is there no mercy.
Forgive who? Romans, humankind, the jews?

Any salvation? Njet, nakkes, nada!
They know not what they do. Really some would say otherwise, but the only sound reason is in the derision by the romans: so you are the chosen one, safe yourself you that want to be king of the jews.
Son of God would be the son of the emperor.
Imagine how well that would go down.

The verses following matt 22:23 had to work also real hard.
Were David becomes equal, and because David is also in heaven a living spirit, comforter, that calls him lord, makes him equal so also king-saviour by divine decree=also Judge, will be jesus strenght against his enemies so he can as highest ordeal (seated sign. god thus) bring them under his feet an also mentor-father.

Location hidden

#193336 Oct 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
Good night all.
Hey BMZ, goodnight...totally lost track of time.

Location hidden

#193337 Oct 23, 2013
Rest well, and hope this disappears soon.

In my thoughts.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#193338 Oct 23, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just do me a favour ok?
Prove to me that BJ is G-d!
You are asking me to PROVE that a religion is true? That's like asking someone to PROVE that Muhammad was a legitimate prophet and that the Quran came from God. That's like asking someone to PROVE that God exists. How can anything regarding religion be proven? That is why it is called "faith", not "fact" and that is why there are two different words with two different meanings. All that I can do is to give my interpretations of the scriptures and explain why I interpret them that way using the scriptures themselves as my reason. And that is exactly what I do. I have explained exactly how I interpret the matter of Jesus being God and have even provided the verses that cause me to interpret it that way, but you don't like it because it doesn't fit into your restrictive little box, and because of that, you have a hard time prosecuting it because you never thought of my interpretation.
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't want to back the things up that you post without ANYTHING direct from BJ...then give up, ok?
Many here can check it out for themselves.
I don't give you a lot because you lack humility. You never ask in a friendly inquiring manner. You simply attack..saying I am wrong...and then want me to give you an easy ride. No way.
Asking someone to substantiate a claim that they make on a forum is standard procedure. Refusing to provide it is not. No matter what type of forum we are speaking of.
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I maintain that "water" is used in a few languages (vulg) to refer to Semen.
If I remember correctly, first the claim was that it was many Eastern languages. Now that has changed to be a few.
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
If you pay me a million dollars and promise to lick my ass for the rest of your life..I shall produce the proof.
Don't worry about it. You don't even have to prove it. I'll just discard the claim as questionable. But even if there are a "few", which will not be mentioned, it still really doesn't make you claim about Jesus and the woman at the well any more ridiculous, because there are so many other holes in it as well. So don't even bother.
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I may be able to arranged for a person to provide a youtube clip in a foreign language as well.
Don't even worry about it. I'll just discard the claim, because even if there is a tiny bit of truth to it, I don't see how that is going to solve the larger problem of how ridiculous your story is. It isn't going to suddenly change the reference of living water from meaning eternal life, to semen anyway.
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are shying away from Feet washing John?
Come on what happened to BJ of Mark, Matt, Luke.....when John decides to name the foot worshipper!!
We are waiting!
So what? It wasn't Mary Magdalene, it was just a woman named Mary. So what if the others didn't see the need to mention that her name was Mary? Her name isn't significant, the fact that she was a woman was.
Alex WM

London, UK

#193339 Oct 23, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Which majority? The anti Christian majority? What else would you expect them to say? They have no other choice. And I doubt that people think I'm crazy, they just don't like me because I ask many hard, challenging questions that they don't want to answer and then I point out all of the little tricks and stunts they pull to not have to answer them.
Nobody has to tell my that I am hated here and why I am hated. I am completely aware of that fact and of what I do and I have very good reasons for doing it. And if people want to hate me for that, so be it. But I am not going to cover things up, sugar coat things and let clearly wrong statements go just so that people will like me. I don't play "the game". So of course I will be well hated. No surprise in that. People generally hate people who just come out and say it, rather than stroking their ego and tip toeing around it. Oh well. Homey don't play that.
Please stop being paranoid, seeker!
I have clearly told you I don't hate you. I am sure BMZ and Rabbeen don't hate you.

You earned that award by yourself!

By trying to show us how much you know about NOTHING you earn the richly deserved "screw loose" award.

Try not to play the "BJ" card....BJ had had a sharp tongue so seeker wants us to believe that he has a sharp tongue. They "hated" BJ..and now seeker thinks that he is a "hated" person.

Are we seeing a pattern emerging? Messiah Complex!!!!

“I live for myself and myself alone, for myself and none
beside. Others HATE me. Just as if I had never lived and as if I have never died.”
If you want to be your own messiah, you will live in a tiny universe with room for only one person!!!

-Secret fondness to be noticed..
-Love of supremacy
-Drawing attention to oneself in conversations
-Enjoy being flattered
-Swelling out of self when allowed to speak!
-Secretly and publicly congratulating self
-Valuing ones ideas above those of all others
-Loving to have name at top of list even it means changing it to gain acceptance!
-Praise of others is sweet to ones taste...

Seeker needs help.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#193340 Oct 23, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly can't you tell the difference..not even after reading chapter and verse about 12 times now? You really think any content from verse 31 would do any good...for who?
The content of 31 is the beginning of the question being asked, and that sentence is not finished at the end of 31, it is continued into 32. You can't read 32 on it's own because the first half of it is actually a continuation of the sentence found in 31. Now I don't know why they decided to make it another verse halfway into a sentence, but they did. That is all that is confusing you. Here it is again for the third time. Maybe i don't have the exact Greek version you have, but I can't know whether it essentially says the same thing as KJV because you won't quote 31 from your source, and I have no idea why you wont. Well, actually, maybe I do. But here is KJV

31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, 32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

If you will clearly notice, the sentence is not finished at the end of 31 and continues into 32. Here it is without the verse numbers which seems to be the root of your confusion

But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

What is so hard to understand? The sentence that begins the question by saying "have ye not heard", is continued into 32 before the sentence ends. Have ye not heard is the beginning of a question, and 32 finishes the sentence that asks the question. And then gives a new sentence.

So if you want to say that the first part of 32 should actually be in 31 so that the sentence is finished before the verse number changes, then fine, But what is the big deal? It's easy to see what is going on if you read both verses.

And as far as the meaning of it goes, I have already explained this. It is not talking about living and dead in a literal fashion, it is talking about spiritual life and death. If one follows God, then they are spiritually alive, and if they don't, then they are spiritually dead. And it is whether they are "spiritually" alive or dead while they were living, that is going to effect what happens to them at the resurrection.

This verse relates to the same sort of idea.
Matthew 16:26
"What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?

People that do this are literally alive, but they are spiritually dead and have lost their soul. And God is only the God of those who are spiritually alive, which really means that God likes those who are spiritually alive and will discard those who are not.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#193341 Oct 23, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
The Romans and Edomite ruler Herod (though he did not stay lond)but especially Pilate would not abide any KING OF THE JEWS.
As stated before they were a great faction, percentage of people in the Roman empire. So therefore Judah was not occupied immediatelybut jesus was not the only messiah to be of those days.
Bar Kochba (Kosiba)is one of the more famous ones.
But we have another one, that was killed, his body was guarded for three day, but disappeared nevertheless. That guy did a good deal of damage. But stoked the idea of an actual messianic=fight for land, god and people's freedom uprising an ever more real possibility.
---
Well it was kind of familiar but lacking the proper sourcing in the tekst i had to guess what verse was dealt with.
What i noticed is that theologist try to borrow concepts from judaism about seeing and hearing, but it still stays shallow i.m.o.
Who is the father...as where is it written G-d or some other god is meant?
You missed the point Maat!
The post has nothing to do with false prophets.
The posting explains Jesus relationship with God the Father who sent Jesus to do the Will of God.

It is obvious you ignore Genesis:

Genesis 3:15
New International Version
And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head

This is the basis for the coming of the Messiah.
The Messiah was to come from the seed of a women, not from the seed of a male Jew.

The reason for the Jews not accepting Jesus on the basis that the messiah was to be born of a male and female parents is not a valid reason to reject Jesus.
The Jews got it wrong!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#193342 Oct 23, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have clearly told you I don't hate you. I am sure BMZ and Rabbeen don't hate you.
You earned that award by yourself!
By trying to show us how much you know about NOTHING you earn the richly deserved "screw loose" award.
Try not to play the "BJ" card....BJ had had a sharp tongue so seeker wants us to believe that he has a sharp tongue. They "hated" BJ..and now seeker thinks that he is a "hated" person.
Are we seeing a pattern emerging? Messiah Complex!!!!
“I live for myself and myself alone, for myself and none
beside. Others HATE me. Just as if I had never lived and as if I have never died.”
If you want to be your own messiah, you will live in a tiny universe with room for only one person!!!
-Secret fondness to be noticed..
-Love of supremacy
-Drawing attention to oneself in conversations
-Enjoy being flattered
-Swelling out of self when allowed to speak!
-Secretly and publicly congratulating self
-Valuing ones ideas above those of all others
-Loving to have name at top of list even it means changing it to gain acceptance!
-Praise of others is sweet to ones taste...
Seeker needs help.
No! Alex, seeker got it right!
The Jews got it wrong!
You missed the point Maat!
The post has nothing to do with false prophets.
The posting explains Jesus relationship with God the Father who sent Jesus to do the Will of God.

The Jews ignored Genesis:

Genesis 3:15
New International Version
And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head

This is the basis for the coming of the Messiah.
The Messiah was to come from the seed of a women, not from the seed of a male Jew.

The reason for the Jews not accepting Jesus on the basis that the messiah was to be born of a male and female parents is not a valid reason to reject Jesus.
The Jews got it wrong!

Jesus was a virgin birth just as God said from the lone seed of a women.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#193343 Oct 23, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even have to explain that either way, as I don't care whether people like me or not. I am not here to win a popularity contest, I am here to say the truth. And people hate it when you flat out say the truth and point out false things they say. They need their ego pampered, first and foremost. I have much experience with this fact.
Alex WM

London, UK

#193344 Oct 23, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You are asking me to PROVE that a religion is true? That's like asking someone to PROVE that Muhammad was a legitimate prophet and that the Quran came from God. That's like asking someone to PROVE that God exists. How can anything regarding religion be proven? That is why it is called "faith", not "fact" and that is why there are two different words with two different meanings. All that I can do is to give my interpretations of the scriptures and explain why I interpret them that way using the scriptures themselves as my reason. And that is exactly what I do. I have explained exactly how I interpret the matter of Jesus being God and have even provided the verses that cause me to interpret it that way, but you don't like it because it doesn't fit into your restrictive little box, and because of that, you have a hard time prosecuting it because you never thought of my interpretation.
Seeker, you interpretations are YOUR interpretations without proper input or verification by NORMAL people including Jesus!
There are quite a few characters from the OT who have better credentials as G-d!

If Jesus didn’t say he was G-d, why do you force divinity on him just because your deluded thinking says so?
What if you are WRONG?
Surely that will be a HUGE sin against God.
Think about it.

You can deny this as much as you like but the reality is that Holy Prophet Muhammed has better credentials than your BJ who wasn’t even trusted with a corner shop let alone a “kingdom”! He was almost a fugitive in hiding.

Again…:
What if BJ is NOT God?
What if Mohammed was right?
What if Quran is indeed from God?

You keep talking about your dumb interpretation that can be equally valid on a CAT!!

Deep within you have doubts about BJ’s divinity. That’s why you are like a confused/disoriented dog that chases every parked car!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama names Utah, Nevada monuments despite oppo... Dec 30 Off Topic 5
Ark of the Covenant @ Stonehenge Dec 30 YHWH Allah 2
News New theory on Stonehenge describes it as 'an an... (Mar '15) Dec 22 Lucifer 9
C-h-e-a-p K-i-t-c-h-e-n-s For Sale Middlesbrough Dec 19 Anonymous 1
The Epiphany Window is a Map of Stonehenge Dec '16 Garry-Denke 4
News A trip to Israel gives Hanukkah new meaning for... Dec '16 drain the swamp 1
News Lubbock's bounty of free museums lure visitors ... Dec '16 Tom 1
More from around the web