Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256388 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#191633 Oct 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. I wasn't there.
I suppose you could say that about every single event that happened with Moses as well.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#191634 Oct 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text> So, if he shouldn't have been killed by modern standards for exercising freedom of speech, he shouldn't have been killed by modern standards for exercising freedom of speech. Much of his teachings were classic Judaism and one might add that much of his teachings have been adopted by the Reform Jews of which I am a member.
He wasn't, however, the Son of G-d or the Messiah. He didn't fulfill the prophesies. He followers after his death perverted his message.
OK, so the Jews made a huge mistake by wanting him to be killed, and may God forgive them. And which parts of his message did his followers pervert and exactly what do you use to make that determination? The Gospels?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#191635 Oct 11, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: i do not have to condemn, the worshipers of hasatan, baal hamolech, and halooseefer, who have already condemned themselves.
i can only inform you that you have all condemned yourselves with the worship of any of these three angels. as their attributes, shall tell on you.
everyone of you today, can forget about going to Heaven. all of you and your grandmother chaooah, are not going to make it thrice again.
it would take some serious and sincere repent, to get all of you all and your grandmother out of this mess.
What do you know about my GRANDMOTHERS?

Take your meds.
MUQ

Allahabad, India

#191636 Oct 11, 2013
M
What the Bible Says about Prophet Mohammad (Peace be on him) Part-16Mr.M’’’

Mr. Seekeer

Ninth Prophesy: Workers and their wages: Mat. Ch 20 1-16

This story throws light on the Kingdom of heaven.

“A landowner went out early in the morning to hire workers in the vineyard. He agreed to pay the salary of one Shekel for the day and sent them to his vineyard”

‘He went out again at about nine in the morning, and seeing others idle on the square, he said to them too, go to my vineyard and I will pay to you what is just”

“The owner went out at midday and again at three in the afternoon and he did the same”

“Finally he went out in the last working hour, it was the eleventh, and he saw others standing there, so he said to them; why did you stay idle the whole day? They answered “because no one hired us” the master said “Go and work in my vineyard”

“when the evening came, the owner of vineyard said to his manager “call the workers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last and ending with the first….”

“So it will be , the last will be first and the first will be last”(Mat 20:1-16 (abridged).

This is a very clear prophesy, in which the time period and their working and wages are mentioned.

The first workers are nations before Jews and might include Hindus and other ancient nations.

Midday workers are Jews…..afternoon workers are Christians and those who were hired at the last hour are Muslims.

But when the payment time comes, the Muslims will be paid first and enter the Paradise first and then other nations shall follow them.

This prophesy shows that God will reward every nation same wages for what they did, irrespective of their ages.

And the third thing in this prophesy is that, other nations shall be jealous with Muslims for what blessings God will bestow on them in this world and in the hereafter, but God will overrule their objection. He is the Lord and He is the Owner of Bounties and He distributes to whom We Wills and Wishes.

And we Muslims thank God and humble ourselves most to out Most Gracious and Most Merciful Allah!!

Any Comments Please?

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#191637 Oct 11, 2013
Buford worships a witch - Jesus. LOL.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#191638 Oct 11, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>

They are unable to identify an unborn child as created by God in the image of God.
This God talk is rubbish.

Keep God out of the reality.

Your idea of God is a delusion.

Contraception is the best remedy to prevent unplanned pregnancies but of course I don't mean handing out condoms and birth control pills to teens.

Teens should be taught self-control.

This discipline will help them in their adult life and make them more thoughtful and more responsible individuals.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#191639 Oct 11, 2013
Witches or sorcerers employ the lower vital power to manifest paranormal powers and indulge in vindictive behavior - telepathy, teleportation, resurrection, walking on fire/water, multi-location, transfiguring themselves into animals/birds, talking to ants, cursing and killing fig trees, calling for the breakup of families, advocating death or hellfire for those who refuse their teachings, megalomania and the like.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#191640 Oct 11, 2013
Rabbee a schmuck, Shamma a sham. LOL.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#191641 Oct 11, 2013
Buford - a gay witch-freak. LOL.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#191642 Oct 11, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
This God talk is rubbish.
Keep God out of the reality.
Your idea of God is a delusion.
Contraception is the best remedy to prevent unplanned pregnancies but of course I don't mean handing out condoms and birth control pills to teens.
Teens should be taught self-control.
This discipline will help them in their adult life and make them more thoughtful and more responsible individuals.
What is it Joe!
Did your evil demons give you a scare that you now speak out for them?
And blasphemy God!
Drake_Burrwood

Ballwin, MO

#191643 Oct 11, 2013
In sorry but I'm not Allah.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#191644 Oct 12, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>What do you know about my GRANDMOTHERS?
Take your meds.
The more you reply to him, the more he says. I've learned that. He just needs attention. I pretty much ignore his comments at this point. A rational conversation with him is simply not possible.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#191645 Oct 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Any Comments Please?
Yeah. LOL!!!

I'm glad I'm not wasting any more time with you. That completely baseless and cuckoo interpretation pretty much confirms to me that this is the right decision. You'll make up whatever you feel like. There are no decent rules or objectivity to your logic. That was not a prophecy at all, it was a parable to show a moral lesson. At most, it says how God will judge people, but it has nothing to do with various religions, prophets or groups of people at all. It's no wonder the Bible confuses you so badly as it does most Muslims. Stick with the Quran. It's easy to understand and there is no deeper philosophical ccncepts in it that would only frustrate you anyway.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#191646 Oct 12, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Witches or sorcerers employ the lower vital power to manifest paranormal powers and indulge in vindictive behavior
And it only works on very impressionable and suggestible minds who are stupid enough to believe it. If you believe they can do this, suddenly they can. Figure it out.
MUQ

Allahabad, India

#191647 Oct 12, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. LOL!!!
I'm glad I'm not wasting any more time with you. That completely baseless and cuckoo interpretation pretty much confirms to me that this is the right decision. You'll make up whatever you feel like. There are no decent rules or objectivity to your logic. That was not a prophecy at all, it was a parable to show a moral lesson. At most, it says how God will judge people, but it has nothing to do with various religions, prophets or groups of people at all. It's no wonder the Bible confuses you so badly as it does most Muslims. Stick with the Quran. It's easy to understand and there is no deeper philosophical ccncepts in it that would only frustrate you anyway.
Why cry like an old lady?

Be brave and take your medicine. Are you not the same person who was boasting that no Muslim could stand before you and prove that our prophet is prophesized in OT and NT books.

Just look how you crawled into your hole, when I was discussing Deut. 18:18.

I expect the same behaviour from you when we will discuss the famous "Comforter" Prophesy.

Show your belligerence by calling us manes and doubting our education and state of mind etc.

Sky is the limit for you.

I am "pained" seeing your helplessness.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#191649 Oct 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
ALLAH REPLACED JESUS AS THE FORGIVER OF SINS WITH MUHAMMAD!

Making Muhammad a God along with Allah as Allah's partner!

Muhammad as the Mediator of Redemption and Forgiveness

How Islamic Religion Turned Muslims into Idolaters and Necromancers

According to the Quran forgiveness of sins is based on Muhammad’s mediation:

We sent no messenger save that he should be obeyed by Allah's leave. And if, when they had wronged themselves, THEY HAD BUT COME UNTO THEE and asked forgiveness of Allah, AND ASKED FORGIVENESS OF THE MESSENGER, they would have found Allah Forgiving, Merciful. S. 4:64 Pickthall
Another version reads:

We sent no Messenger, but to be obeyed by Allah's Leave. If they (hypocrites), when they had been unjust to themselves, HAD COME TO YOU (Muhammad SAW) and begged Allah's Forgiveness, and the Messenger had begged forgiveness for them: indeed, they would have found Allah All-Forgiving (One Who accepts repentance), Most Merciful. Hilali-Khan

This makes approaching Muhammad synonymous with invoking Allah. As renowned Sunni exegete Ibn Kathir put it:

<If they (hypocrites), when they had been unjust to themselves,> directs the sinners and evildoers, when they commit errors and mistakes, to come to the Messenger, so that they ask Allah for forgiveness IN HIS PRESENCE and ask him to supplicate to Allah to forgive them. If they do this, Allah will forgive them and award them His mercy and pardon. This is why Allah said…
<they would have found Allah All-Forgiving (One Who forgives and accepts repentance), Most Merciful>.(Tafsir Ibn Kathir; source; capital and underline emphasis ours)

According to Ibn Kathir, Q. 4:64 is clearly making it incumbent on the Muslims to come to Muhammad in order to obtain forgiveness, with the implication being that if they did not come to him they would not be forgiven. With this in mind is it any wonder that Pickthall rendered the Arabic to mean that the people had to come and ask Muhammad to forgive their sins since this is basically what they had to do? To put it another way, why didn’t these Muslims simply confess their sins to Allah without having to go to Muhammad if he wasn’t somehow involved in assuring that their sins would be forgiven?

The answer? Because coming before Muhammad is going to or standing before Allah since Allah decided to make his forgiveness dependent on Islam’s prophet.
What this basically means is that Muhammad is Allah’s partner since he shares in his deity’s prerogatives such as to forgive sins, which is explicitly and clearly a divine function:
You don't even know and understand what you quote and what you write. Ignorance is your hallmark.

Ibn Kathir is saying the same thing as Qur'aan said. This is what the verse means:

"We sent not an apostle, but to be obeyed, in accordance with the will of God.

If they had only, when they were unjust to themselves, come unto thee and asked God's forgiveness, and the Apostle had asked forgiveness for them, they would have found God indeed Oft-returning, Most Merciful.

Read carefully: The Prophet also had to ask Allah to forgive them. The Prophet did not forgive their sins.

No man can forgive sins against God. Only God can.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#191650 Oct 12, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Buford - a gay witch-freak. LOL.
JOEL THUMBS UP HIS ASS,

Why are you so vile?

Was it something you ate?

Did one of your maids not dust the top shelf, again?

Perhaps one of your few friends didn't notice your special almost-supramentalized "glow?"

You miss your mommy?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#191651 Oct 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
I expect the same behaviour from you when we will discuss the famous "Comforter" Prophesy.
Some "Comforter" Mohammad proved himself to be to the many who were put to death or enslaved in his name for the crime/sin of rejecting his rule!

http://heavenawaits.wordpress.com/why-mohamme...

Muslims are told that the Comforter to come that Jesus promised was Mohammad. Let us see what Jesus really said.

Who is the Comforter that Jesus promised?

Jhn 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Jhn 14:26 But the Comforter,[which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jhn 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father,[even] the Spirit of truth, which proceeds from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Jhn 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Summary of this part:

1. the Comforter will abide with them “forever.” Mohammad did not live then, and could not do this – be with them. Now that he has come and gone, he is not with anyone forever.

2. The Comforter is the Holy Ghost, not a man, who will “teach all things.” No man knows “all things,” only God.

3. The Comforter is a Spirit of Truth. Mohammad was a man, not a spirit.

4. Jesus had to leave so that the Comforter could come. That implied he was coming soon after Jesus left. Also, Jesus said that HE was sending the Comforter. Mohammad never claimed that Jesus sent him.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#191652 Oct 12, 2013
http://www.answering-islam.org/Gilchrist/muha...
Excerpts:
It is generally alleged by Muslims that the Greek word "paracletos" (meaning Comforter, Counsellor, Advocate, etc., in effect, one who unites men to God) is not the original word but that Jesus in fact foretold the coming of Muhammad by name and that the translation of his name into Greek (or at least the meaning of his name in Greek) is "periklutos", that is, the "praised one".

There is not a shred of evidence in favour of the assertion that the original word was "periklutos". We have thousands of New Testament manuscripts pre-dating Islam and not one of these contains the word "periklutos". In view of the fact that Muslims are prone to levelling false allegations that Christians are regularly changing the Bible, it is rather intriguing to find that they have no scruples about doing this themselves when it suits them to do so.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#191653 Oct 12, 2013
Cont.

If we apply sound exegesis to John 14.16-17 we shall discover no less than eight reasons why the Comforter cannot possibly be Muhammad.

1. "He will give YOU another Comforter".

Jesus promised his disciples that God would send the Comforter to them. He would send the Spirit of Truth to Peter, and to John, and to the rest of the disciples - not to Meccans. Medinans or Arabians.

2. "He will give you ANOTHER Comforter".

If, as Muslims allege, the original word was periklutos and that Christians changed it into paracletos, then the sentence would have read, "He will give you another praised one". This statement is both out of place in its context and devoid of support elsewhere in the Bible. Jesus is never called the "periklutos" in the Bible (the word appears nowhere in the Bible) so it is grossly unlikely that he would have said "He will give you another praised one" when he never used that title for himself. Worse still, as the Muslims allege that he actually foretold the coming of Muhammad by mentioning his name, the sentence in that case would have read "He will give you another Muhammad". The further the Muslims try to press the point, the more absurd it tends to become.

John 16.12-13 makes it clear that the word "paracletos" is obviously the correct one. The text reads: "I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. When the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth". In other words, I have been your Comforter, your paracletos, and have many things to tell you, but I send the Spirit of Truth to you, another Comforter, another paracletos.

In 1 John 2.1 we read that Christians have an "advocate" with the Father, "Jesus Christ the Righteous", and the word translated "advocate" is paracletos in the Greek. So Jesus is our paracletos, our Comforter and advocate with the Father, and he promised to give his disciples another Comforter. It is therefore logical to find that Jesus promised another paracletos when he himself was described as the paracletos of his followers, but it is illogical to suggest that he would speak of "another periklutos" when the word was never used to describe him in the first place.

3. "To be with you FOREVER".

When Muhammad came he did not stay with his people forever but died in 632 AD and his tomb is in Medina where his body has lain for over 1300 years. Nevertheless Jesus said that the Comforter, once he had come, would never leave his disciples, but would be with them forever.

4. "The Spirit of Truth whom the world CANNOT receive".

The Qur'an says that Muhammad came as a universal messenger to men (Surah 34.28). If so, Jesus was not referring to Muhammad for he said that the world cannot receive the Comforter, the Spirit of Truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Florida beachgoers discover 'holy grail of ship... Apr 3 Vicki 1
News Mystery rock is 330,000 years old and proves an... Feb '18 Chris 1
News Stone tools prove humans at work 15,000 years ago (Mar '11) Feb '18 BINGO FART 3
News Did Ancient Greeks Sail to Canada? Feb '18 Vasily Ivanov 1
News Ruins of historic mission ranch among few remai... (Dec '09) Feb '18 NEWS FART 2
News Shawn Vestal: When cows were the cornerstone of... Jan '18 jarrfan 1
Scota origin? - mother of Scotland Jan '18 cecelia hall 1