Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256358 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#191398 Oct 9, 2013
uhuh wrote:
I come in my Father's name and you receive me not; another shall come in his own name (ANTI-CHRIST) and you will receive him -John 5:43
Hello, UhUh

Although it was made to appear as if he were talking to the Jews, I believe that was addressed to his disciples, who were shaky and could have been waiting for the other messiah, being Jews themselves. This shows that they were riding two boats, with a leg in each.

It looks more like a prophesy about Paul.

What do you think? Please let me have your esteemed views. Thanks
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#191399 Oct 9, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>You could be right, OR, "Jesus" was invented by one or more people who KNEW the prophetic/messianic requirements, like "Matthew," for example, or "Paul," in particular. The thing is, we weren't there, so we are left to either take someone else's word for it, or to trust in our own "faith" experiences as definitive. Me, I am a complete skeptic, but I DO defend the Christian record against its misrepresentations by people like bmz of Singapore and Alex the Phallus-centric.
Buford, all who claim that Jesus was INVENTED should prove it. They should also prove that Moses was not invented.

This much I shall say, it is an invention that has NO equal. It is an INVENTION that people have died for and here I am speaking about those who were eyewitnesses to the invented things e.g. the miracles, the resurrected Christ etc.

One day, Paul the Pharisee, the persecutor of Jews who were Christians fell off his ass and struck his head and became senseless and delusional. This accident i.e. falling and hitting his head upon the Rock caused this PERSECUTOR of Christians to JOIN them and to DIE for his own fabrication.

What a story and such a powerful story that has INFLUENCED millions who have lived during the period AD 32 to 2013.

Paul was the GREATEST Jew, EVER and a MASTER DECEIVER.
bmz

Location hidden

#191400 Oct 9, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>You could be right, OR, "Jesus" was invented by one or more people who KNEW the prophetic/messianic requirements, like "Matthew," for example, or "Paul," in particular. The thing is, we weren't there, so we are left to either take someone else's word for it, or to trust in our own "faith" experiences as definitive.

Me, I am a complete skeptic, but I DO defend the Christian record against its misrepresentations by people like bmz of Singapore and Alex the Phallus-centric.
To us, Jesus the son of Mary, existed. No doubt about it. Qur'aan says so and we accept that Jesus existed and the character was not invented.

You are free to defend the Christian record as given by the Church but how can you defend something which is wrong under your own scripture?

For example, how can you defend Trinity or the Triune God? We are not alone in debunking Trinity. There are even many Christians, who deny that.

How can I misrepresent or distort or misinform any misinformation and misreports?
truth

Forrestdale, Australia

#191401 Oct 9, 2013
How you know its male or female?

Can be paola or paul..can be lopov as thief.

If in beginning word then can be mischief.

then if upsidown cross muslim have hat as kanta and fess as feich as they have labguange cheif mi je mogu kako hochu da te ljubim danju nochu ali nechu no...

its mean
Where is cylinder?

,/\.
truth

Forrestdale, Australia

#191402 Oct 9, 2013
pardon language but if someone can't speak language
they will say lab;guage

see
Are you scare..why you need scare ..its to much shcare
eracunash a kako rascunash bare carabbaraba..

see words..
bmz

Location hidden

#191403 Oct 9, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Buford, all who claim that Jesus was INVENTED should prove it. They should also prove that Moses was not invented.

This much I shall say, it is an invention that has NO equal. It is an INVENTION that people have died for and here I am speaking about those who were eyewitnesses to the invented things e.g. the miracles, the resurrected Christ etc.

One day, Paul the Pharisee, the persecutor of Jews who were Christians fell off his ass and struck his head and became senseless and delusional. This accident i.e. falling and hitting his head upon the Rock caused this PERSECUTOR of Christians to JOIN them and to DIE for his own fabrication.

What a story and such a powerful story that has INFLUENCED millions who have lived during the period AD 32 to 2013.

Paul was the GREATEST Jew, EVER and a MASTER DECEIVER.
Greetings HughBe. Enjoyed reading that.

I am glad to see this side of yours as being a hammer rather than being a nail.

Salaams
BMZ
truth

Forrestdale, Australia

#191405 Oct 9, 2013
pa olaaaaaaa=pride
or
popola= 50 %
pray for someone who have sick lag
Whats deference between lab lac and lag?
lac its mean no
truth

Forrestdale, Australia

#191406 Oct 9, 2013
i told you not eat salami..
muslim never eat old pig salami

please forgive me
Are you for sure God is gullac?
,/\.
What a about your mladez=zedal oooooo zidari=negradimo negrdite nesrdite
nezadirite molim lijepo
a gdjed to jadan nebio
ol si pio
sol pio or palosi

no palosi is not God
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

God is love.
Are you for sure you are not ola=pr,id.e..?

Did you see geometric cylinder as heavenly body?

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#191407 Oct 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That Jesus is the creator of the world, is a blatant lie, Shamma. It is silly and absurd. Jesus, himself, was created.
You can't trust John. It is quite obvious that John had no knowledge of the Jewish Holy Scriptures at all.
It is also quite obvious that John had never read a word of Isaiah and in particular, the man was clueless and totally ignorant about Isaiah 45, which debunks John and dismisses it.
The Grenade:
I am the Lord, and there is no other.
I, the Lord, have created it.“Woe to those who quarrel with their Maker, those who are nothing but potsherds among the potsherds on the ground.
Does the clay say to the potter,‘What are you making?’ Does your work say,‘The potter has no hands’?
The LORD was the potter and Jesus was the clay and also potsherd.
Think hard!
Please save this irreversible dismissal of John in your 'BMZ' file. Thanks
You can deny it all you want, but it is the truth!

Jesus is God in human form.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

Scripture said he was God and the father. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are just titles. Jesus was the name of God revealed in the new testament.

In the bible it also says to baptize in the NAME of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in early verses. And in later scriptures God reveals his name Jesus. And this explain why the disciples baptized in the name of our lord Jesus Christ.

In the great commission as recorded by Matthew, Jesus said: "All authority hath been given unto me in heaven and on earth. Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world" (Matt. 28:18-20).
truth

Forrestdale, Australia

#191408 Oct 9, 2013
and who is on INRI

who will be save for oil and money

pu.mp.kin

Are you for sure evil is not evil
colrupt evil lawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuu is love as what"?

BYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
n
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#191409 Oct 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You can deny it all you want, but it is the truth!
Jesus is God in human form.
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6
Scripture said he was God and the father. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are just titles. Jesus was the name of God revealed in the new testament.
In the bible it also says to baptize in the NAME of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in early verses. And in later scriptures God reveals his name Jesus. And this explain why the disciples baptized in the name of our lord Jesus Christ.
In the great commission as recorded by Matthew, Jesus said: "All authority hath been given unto me in heaven and on earth. Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world" (Matt. 28:18-20).
Satan is the god of this world and he offered Jesus all the kingdoms of the world if Jesus would worship him. Jesus took the offer and came out preaching the kingdom which has yet to be. This kingdom is called the New World Order and will be headed by the true messiah in the near future. There will eventually also be one religion, one language and everlasting world peace. The Messiah (God) will be the king of the universe and will reign forever.

Location hidden

#191410 Oct 9, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Satan is the god of this world and he offered Jesus all the kingdoms of the world if Jesus would worship him. Jesus took the offer and came out preaching the kingdom which has yet to be. This kingdom is called the New World Order and will be headed by the true messiah in the near future. There will eventually also be one religion, one language and everlasting world peace. The Messiah (God) will be the king of the universe and will reign forever.
You are wrong Susan!

Jesus is God.
Mark 1:12-13, Matthew 4:1-11 and Luke 4:1-13. After Jesus was baptized by John, he was led into the wilderness to be temped by Satan.

Each temptation was rebuked by Jesus quoting scripture. The first rebuke Jesus told Satan "Man doth not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live".

The second rebuke Jesus told Satan " Ye shall not tempt the Lord your God, as ye tempted him in Massah".

The third and last temptation, Jesus told Satan " Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve".

Jesus taught these thing:

The first is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God, the Lord is one, etc. See Deuteronomy 6:4-9 .
This command is first because it is the foundationof the entire law of God.

It is greatest ( Matthew 22:38 ) because, in asense, it includes all the other laws. Polytheism, atheism, idolatry,and all sins against God are forbidden by it.

All sins against man are likewise, in a sense, prohibited by it; for sin against man is sinagainst God's image, and against the objects of God's love. Those whotruly love God cannot consistently sin against man ( 1 John 4:20 ).

12:30 and thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strengt1h.
The sum of it is that we are tolove God with our whole being.

12:31 The second is this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself1. There is none other commandment greater than these2.

The second is this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. See whom we truly love. Where we love, we desire to bless. But sin always carries with it a willingness to injure or to curse.

There is none other commandment greater than these. The generic nature of the law of love is also noted by Paul ( Romans 13:8-10 ); butlove without law is not sufficient. Love begets a desire to bless, butthe law guides to the accomplishment of that desire.

Perfect righteousness is the result of wisdom as well as affection.
Love without law is power without direction, and law without love is machinery without a motor ( 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 ).
Alex WM

London, UK

#191411 Oct 9, 2013
News wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not say that, Alex WM said and you padded his post.
We dont know for sure if St. Paul of Christianity changed Jesus's life story (as wahabi came up with this as the spade of their prapaganda against Christianity). However Chris certainly changed his life because he was killing Christians right and left specailly Christians who were converted from Jews (because he was a leader in Jewish community). He was heading to Syria to slaughter more Christians (Jewish converts) while he had a chnage of heart.
Now after that in "Epistolic" section of the New Testament a lot of St. Paul's letters are included which were teachings for the new churchs and Christian converts. That was many decades after Christ's death while Christian were already following the Gospels (that is how a lot of Jews converted to Christianity because they wanted to follow Gospels) besides persecution from Roman authorities. So how can St. Paul (Saul) possibly change the story? Why would thousands of Christians (gentiles and converts from Jews) would listen to him if he changed the story?
I didn't say Paul was a disciple.
Paul had good ideas but he rode the wrong donkey...or horse.
Alex WM

London, UK

#191412 Oct 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is the creator of the world.
John 1:1-6
New International Version (NIV)
The Word Became Flesh
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
Why waste time with John 1:1-6.

Let's go for the Jackpot....

Genesis 1:

1 In the beginning JESUS created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of JESUS moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And JESUS said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And JESUS saw the light, that it was good: and JESUS divided the light from the darkness.

5 And JESUS called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6 And JESUS said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7 And JESUS made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8 And JESUS called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

9 And JESUS said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

10 And JESUS called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and JESUS saw that it was good.

11 And JESUS said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and JESUS saw that it was good.

13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

14 And JESUS said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

16 And JESUS made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17 And JESUS set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and JESUS saw that it was good.

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

20 And JESUS said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

21 And JESUS created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and JESUS saw that it was good.

22 And JESUS blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

AND YEARS LATER....

SOMEWHERE IN/AROUND JERUSALEM...A BARBER GRABBED JESUS BY HIS VITALS AND CIRCUMCISED HIM.

A FEW YEARS LATER THEY BEAT HIM UP AND PUT HIM ON A POLE NAKED TO DIE...

They simply wouldn't accept Shamma's claim that this man created billions of galaxies and blackholes!
News

New York, NY

#191413 Oct 9, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
People aroud the worls celebrate Shabe`Miraz remebering the glory of Paul's donkey-like-horse ride to Jannah. El`ham^do!lula!!!
Alex WM

London, UK

#191414 Oct 9, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Satan is the god of this world and he offered Jesus all the kingdoms of the world if Jesus would worship him. Jesus took the offer and came out preaching the kingdom which has yet to be. This kingdom is called the New World Order and will be headed by the true messiah in the near future. There will eventually also be one religion, one language and everlasting world peace. The Messiah (God) will be the king of the universe and will reign forever.
That's a very interesting observation, Susan.
Thanks.

Location hidden

#191415 Oct 9, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know Paul because you don't know Jesus Alex.

Jesus having the power of God rebuked Satan:

Jesus is God.
Mark 1:12-13, Matthew 4:1-11 and Luke 4:1-13. After Jesus was baptized by John, he was led into the wilderness to be temped by Satan.

Each temptation was rebuked by Jesus quoting scripture. The first rebuke Jesus told Satan "Man doth not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live".

The second rebuke Jesus told Satan " Ye shall not tempt the Lord your God, as ye tempted him in Massah".

The third and last temptation, Jesus told Satan " Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve".

Jesus taught these thing:

The first is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God, the Lord is one, etc. See Deuteronomy 6:4-9 .
This command is first because it is the foundationof the entire law of God.

It is greatest ( Matthew 22:38 ) because, in asense, it includes all the other laws. Polytheism, atheism, idolatry,and all sins against God are forbidden by it.

All sins against man are likewise, in a sense, prohibited by it; for sin against man is sin against God's image, and against the objects of God's love. Those who truly love God cannot consistently sin against man ( 1 John 4:20 ).

12:30 and thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strengt1h.
The sum of it is that we are to love God with our whole being.

12:31 The second is this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these2.

The second is this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. See whom we truly love. Where we love, we desire to bless. But sin always carries with it a willingness to injure or to curse.

There is none other commandment greater than these. The generic nature of the law of love is also noted by Paul ( Romans 13:8-10 ); but love without law is not sufficient. Love begets a desire to bless, but the law guides to the accomplishment of that desire.

Perfect righteousness is the result of wisdom as well as affection.
Love without law is power without direction, and law without love is machinery without a motor ( 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 ).

Jesus taught by the power of God from within Himself!
Alex WM

London, UK

#191416 Oct 9, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Y.. Me, I am a complete skeptic, but I DO defend the Christian record against its misrepresentations by people like bmz of Singapore and Alex the Phallus-centric.
and according to you..you are the fountain of knowledge and you always represent the truth.
The books were written by persons "unknown"...

That's why they didn't stop when they got in hot [living tadpole] water several times, thanks to insertions..interpolations.. inventions..corruptions...genu ine errors...etc..
Alex WM

London, UK

#191417 Oct 9, 2013
News wrote:
<quoted text>
People aroud the worls celebrate Shabe`Miraz remebering the glory of Paul's donkey-like-horse ride to Jannah. El`ham^do!lula!!!
Well done Paul!
Paul successfully marketed a "Gentile" Jesus.
Christianity and Paul are inseparable.
You can remove poor Jesus from the Gospels but if you remove Paul and his words from NT, the Cross and Christianity will have a few serious problems.
Alex WM

London, UK

#191418 Oct 9, 2013
News wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope John Paul is a Saint now, right?
How does that work?
Did God give him permission?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Volunteers wanted to join community archaeologi... Sat dig 1
News Safeguarding Islam's ancient past May '17 Tear it down 1
News Men made strange discoveryHere are the top stor... May '17 Dr Reker s Bellhop 1
News Boy finds 5,000-year-old spearhead (Feb '12) May '17 Natgan 3
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... May '17 okimar 25
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Apr '17 Plunder 5
News Archaeologists Reconstruct Face of Medieval Man... Mar '17 kornadnez 1
More from around the web