Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 252961 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#191117 Oct 5, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it, moron...
You were THRASHED and FLOORED again but you lack the decency to admit defeat!
I posted from Chabad and you DID NOT KNOW where it came from!
No, you tweaked Chabad, and I actually quoted from Chabad to BMZ before you even posted what you posted and that was why I did not recognize the exact translation you posted, because it was tweaked to suit your argument. And that is exactly why I asked you for your source and exactly why you continually refused to give it so that an exact comparison could be done. It would have been very simple for you to just simply copy and paste the link where you got it from, but you continually refused to do so. Now, that a couple of months have gone by, you count on nobody being able to go back and review what you actually posted. And now, finally, you are willing to say that you got it from Chabad, but you couldn't just say that for months before because now you are hoping that what you actually posted is now buried. Always one dishonest angle after another. I might even be tempted to actually put the effort into finding what you actually posted for comparison with Chabad, but that's a lot of work, which is what you are counting on. I'll have to think whether it is worth it or not. You better hope that I don't think it is worth it.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#191118 Oct 5, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
15 The woman said to him,“Sir, give me living [tadpole] water©” as I am gagging for it now so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to sell my juices to others.”
16 He told her,“Is your husband home because he might beat me up while we exchange tadpole water?.”
17 “I have no husband, don't be scared” she replied.
BJ knows the routine having just escaped from the Pharisees.. said to her,“Errrmmm…I made a mistake by trying it on..but I knew that!!....(lol..)You are right when you say you have no husband with you righ tnow.
18 But you are a tart who has had five husbands, and the man you now have is not even your husband but your keep. Errrr….but I knew what you have just said is quite true…..so we are safe to play!!!”
27 Just then his disciples returned and were not surprised to find him playing with a woman and no one asked,“What do you want?” or “Why are you playing with her?”
They were annoyed that they were chased off to buy “nothing” while BJ had a bit of fun!
You think as you do because you are a CONFIRMED sexually perverted liar.
Alex WM

London, UK

#191119 Oct 5, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea what you are talking about. You made yourself into a complete idiot on that post. You can't even see that? I shouldn't be surprised.
You definitely have many marbles and screws missing.
You made a big noise about BJ to BJ without knowing what it was!!
When it was explained you went quiet without apologizing..
Other readers can see that you have made a fool of yourself without knowing the meaning of BJ!
Oh never mind...
Rabbee is 100% correct...you are insane...and any person who talks to you will be classed as insane.
So get lost sicko..

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#191120 Oct 5, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Other readers can see that you have made a fool of yourself without knowing the meaning of BJ!
Oh never mind...
Rabbee is 100% correct...you are insane...and any person who talks to you will be classed as insane.
So get lost sicko..
Angel of the Lord [S]
(Heb. mal'ak yehwah). Supernatural being who bears a message on behalf of God. In many passages in the Old Testament, the angel of the Lord is identified with God, while in other instances a distinction is made between the Lord and the angel. In general, however, the terms "the angel of the Lord, " "the Lord, " and "God" are interchangeable.

The angel of the Lord is the messenger of both good and evil. He comes to Hagar after she has fled from the abusive Sarai ( Gen 16:7-14 ) to assure her that God has heard about her misery and that her descendants will be too numerous to count. She names him "You are the God who sees me" (v. 13). The angel of the Lord pronounces a curse on the people of Meroz, because they refused to come to the help of the Lord ( Jud 5:23 ).

The angel of the Lord executes judgment on behalf of the Lord. He puts to death 185, 000 Assyrian soldiers in their camp, thereby saving Jerusalem from decimation ( 2 Ki 19:35 ).

The angel of the Lord both commissions and commends God's servants. The commander of the Lord's army commissions Joshua to undertake the Lord's battles for Canaan, just as Moses had been commissioned to confront Pharaoh ( Joshua 5:13-15 ; cf. Exod 3:5 ). The angel of the Lord appears to Abraham. He stops Abraham from sacrificing Isaac and commends him because he has not withheld his only son from God ( Gen 22:11-18 ). Abraham identifies the angel as God, calling the place "The Lord Will Provide."

The angel of the Lord carries out a ministry of reconciliation. He asks how long God will withhold mercy from Jerusalem and Judah ( Zec 1:12 ).

The connection between the angel of the Lord and the preincarnate appearance of the Messiah cannot be denied. Manoah meets the angel of the Lord, and declares that he has seen God. The angel accepts worship from Manoah and his wife as no mere angel, and refers to himself as "Wonderful, " the same term applied to the coming deliverer in Isaiah 9:6 ( Jud 13:9-22 ). The functions of the angel of the Lord in the Old Testament prefigure the reconciling ministry of Jesus. In the New Testament, there is no mention of the angel of the Lord; the Messiah Jesus Christ himself is this person.

Muslims need to learn who Jesus the Son of God truly is!
Jesus is the second person of Gods Holy Trinity who existed with God before the world was!

You need to read my postings Alex and learn who Jesus Christ the Son of God truly is!

You are posting gibberish words about Jesus Christ and showing you are a moron.

You need to start carrying about your personal self Alex.
You will die some day like all the rest of us.
And where you go in the after life should concern you.

You maybe having fun now degrading Jesus Christ in this life, but you will regret it at the end of your life!
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#191121 Oct 5, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh never mind...
So get lost sicko..
Take your meds, pervert.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#191122 Oct 5, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
When it was explained you went quiet without apologizing.
I didn't even see your explanation, and once again, you said the sentence the wrong way. And if you think that has anything to do with all of the other ridiculous things you said in those posts you are completely out of your mind. And I am far from the only person here who thinks that. Even any reasonable Muslim would be horrified and embarrassed by your behavior, but they aren't allowed to publicly say that in front of the kafir.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#191123 Oct 6, 2013
MAAT wrote:
http://biblehub.com/multi/isai ah/9-6.htm
I chose this Christian translation of incorrectly numbered Isaiah 9:6 for the simple reason that I did not see the obsession of putting 'h' of 'his' in the following.

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

Looks like Paul and the writers of the gospels had not read Isaiah 9:5 of the Tanakh. Had they really read it, they would have filled or overloaded the gospels and letters with the following:

Jesus was the Wonderful Counselor.

Jesus was the Mighty God.

Jesus was the Prince of Peace.

Jesus was the Everlasting Father.

I don't know how all of them missed this info.

If the disciples had been told about Isaiah 9:5 of the Tanakh or had heard Jesus explaining that, there would have been hundreds of Ahaadith (Sayings) floating in the 'Sooks'(Markets) and 'Siraats'(Streets) and everyone would have given those absurd names to Jesus, which even the Church herself never called him with.
bmz

Singapore

#191124 Oct 6, 2013
Correction, MAAT

Should have written:

I chose this Christian translation of incorrectly numbered Isaiah 9:6 for the simple reason that I did not see the obsession of putting 'h' of 'his' in 'H' in the following.
bmz

Singapore

#191125 Oct 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Angel of the Lord [S]

The angel of the Lord is the messenger of both good and evil. He comes to Hagar after she has fled from the abusive Sarai ( Gen 16:7-14 ) to assure her that God has heard about her misery and that her descendants will be too numerous to count. She names him "You are the God who sees me" (v. 13).
Great!

And the son replied: "Yes, Mama! I am your God and I see you."

This, according to the Christian mind, shows that Ishmael was God before Jesus!

This day, I have given you a lost and found God. lol!

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#191126 Oct 6, 2013
MAAT wrote:
A messiah is not a messiah unless he/she delivers the land , people and unto g-d peace and prosperity.

A working king thus.
What an inferior definition of a Messiah!

Coming from a fanatical retard like Maat, such an infantile definition of the term Messiah is only to be expected.
Alex WM

London, UK

#191127 Oct 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Great!
And the son replied: "Yes, Mama! I am your God and I see you."
This, according to the Christian mind, shows that Ishmael was God before Jesus!
This day, I have given you a lost and found God. lol!
That's brilliant, bro!!

Hell-A-Loo-Ya?

Even the narrower definition of "God has hearkened", "God will hear".. "God hears"... still suggests that "Ishmael is regarded as the fulfillment of a divine promise"!!!!

How about poor Isaac? "He laughs".."One who makes me laugh"
A Biblical clown? LOL??????????

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#191128 Oct 6, 2013
Peace is of varying degrees and has a scale or gradation. The Judeo-Christian Messiah can be expected to bring down and establish on earth a dualistic and an inferior peace of the vital kind that's imbued with sectarianism, bigotry and ignorance and based on the carrot and stick policy. a caricature of the superior degrees of peace. The problem is that the patriarchs and prophets were men of inferior achievements and so their vision and ideas of the future were the same.
Alex WM

London, UK

#191129 Oct 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
Ya gotta just love it when someone who claims to be an ex Priest thinks that living water means semen....
This fr*cking moron knows NOTHING....

Semen is about 90 to 96 PERCENT WATER!!!!

SEEKER...SEEMS TO DRINK TOO MUCH OF IT,BEING A LONELY DWARF...AND HIS BRAIN IS WATERY!!

Now then....this Pavlov's dog has been TAUGHT this:

"living [tadpole] WATER©” contains 90-96% WATER and 2-3% tadpoles plus 2-8% other minerals, zinc, alkali etc!!!!!

"living [tadpole] water©”
"living [tadpole] water©”........

Swim...swim...swim....LOL!
MUQ

Lucknow, India

#191130 Oct 6, 2013
Mr. Seeker

After finishing these seven clear examples from OT books (though there could be many more, but that many shall suffice any enquiring mind), I move on to NT books and show that Jesus also foretold about our prophet.

Jesus mostly spoke in parables, so except for the "Comforter" prophesy, we find that these verses are not very direct.

But Jesus warned his people again and again that they will loose their "chosen people status" and this title shall be given to others.

In our times, many people think that Jesus meant Roman Empire and that Roman people by accepting Christianity fulfilled Jesus' prophesy.

But this argument is not very correct, the Pauline Christianity which was embraced by Roman people was not what Jesus was preaching all his life.

The beliefs, the Dogmas, the terminology of Pauline Church was all stranger to what language and what terms jesus was using. And Romans were educated people and that is not what Jesus meant in his parables.

We will go ahead with these prophesies till we go the "Major One" i.e. Comforter of John 14 to Ch 16, like we did for Deut. 18:18.

Eighth Prophesy: Kingdom of God

Listen to the following verses of NT books

01.“In those days John the Baptists appeared in the deserts of Judea and began to proclaim his message “change your ways, the Kingdom of heaven is now a hand”(Mat. 3:1-2)

02.“When Jesus heard that John had been arrested, he withdrew into Galilee….from that time on Jesus began to proclaim the message “change your ways, the kingdom of heaven in near”(Mat. 4: 12-17).

03.“Jesus sent these twelve …to proclaim this message “the kingdom of heaven is near..”(Mat. 10:5-7.

From these verses it is very clear that Kingdom of Heaven which was told by John the Baptists, did not come in his life time.

Jesus also proclaimed the same message that Kingdom of heave is near, so the kingdom did not appear in his time also.

Jesus also taught his followers to pray “Your kingdom come..” as mentioned in Lord’s prayers, that also shows that Kingdom of heaven was not to appear till the time of missionary of Jesus was to be finished.

Proofs that Kingdom of heaven was according to Jesus was to be established by one man:

Listen to the following words of Jesus:

01. The parable of Sower….this indicates the prophet who starts his mission and gets followers.

02. Mustard seed :“The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, that a man took and sowed in his field, it is smaller than all other seeds, but once it has fully grown, it is bigger than any garden plant…”(Mat. 13:31-32)

03.“The kingdom of heaven is like a yeast that a woman took and buried in three measures of floor until the whole mass of dough began to rise..”(Mat. 13-33).

These verses indicate, how the kingdom of heaven shall start, from one man, who will start and then it will spread very fast, till it covers the whole world.

And that is what Jesus mentioned in Mat 31 V 43 “Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of heaven shall be taken from you and will be given to a people who will yield the harvest”

This also shows that a new set of people shall replace Jews.

Whereas in the case of our prophet, the Kingdom of heaven was physically established on earth and Muslims are no longer waiting for Kingdom of heaven to come…what they are waiting for is the “Last day and Judgment day”!!

Any Comments Please?
bmz

Singapore

#191131 Oct 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Muslims need to learn who Jesus the Son of God truly is!

Jesus is the second person of Gods Holy Trinity who existed with God before the world was!

You need to read my postings Alex and learn who Jesus Christ the Son of God truly is!

You are posting gibberish words about Jesus Christ and showing you are a moron.

You need to start carrying about your personal self Alex.
You will die some day like all the rest of us.

And where you go in the after life should concern you.

You maybe having fun now degrading Jesus Christ in this life, but you will regret it at the end of your life!
Shamma,

Christians should learn to know who the Son of Mary was. So much gibberish, nonsense and lies have been written about Jesus and I find that is degrading of both God and his Servant Jesus.

The Church has already done a great job in degrading and insulting God and the Son of Mary.

That silly and absurd upgrading of the Son of Mary, is already a degrading of God Almighty.
Alex WM

London, UK

#191132 Oct 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
Ya gotta just love it when someone who claims to be an ex Priest thinks that living water means semen....
This fr*cking moron is BRAINWASHED!

The "priest" was conned by the system into believing LIES.

The "ex- priest" KNOWS that it means
"living [tadpole] water©”........

Escape little boy....Swim...swim...swim....L OL!
Alex WM

London, UK

#191133 Oct 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't even see your explanation, and once again, you said the sentence the wrong way. And if you think that has anything to do with all of the other ridiculous things you said in those posts you are completely out of your mind. And I am far from the only person here who thinks that. Even any reasonable Muslim would be horrified and embarrassed by your behavior, but they aren't allowed to publicly say that in front of the kafir.
This tiresome 2.5 year old MENTAL patient with "living [tadpole] water" in his brain needs serious help!

No Christian in his right mind will go anywhere near this moron.

This is what I said....

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TT8...
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You fr*cking moron...
Why should she go around broadcasting her BJ to BJ!!
blow jobs should be kept inside and not spit out for the whole village to see..........
THIS IS WHAT THE MORON SAID..........

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TT8...
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You said BJ to BJ, you stupid, stupid moron. Why would she broadcast it to BJ? LOL!!!!...... This is absolutely hysterical. You are completely falling apart to pieces right in front of everybody.
****OBVIOUSLY THE MORON DIDN'T KNOW THE TWO DEFINITIONS OF BJ (although I have deliberately referred to "blow job" in my post!)!!!!

It's painful to watch this MORON trying to wriggle out AGAIN!!

The MORON gets floored several times...but he doesn't have any insight...so he doesn't know he has been HUMILIATED.
Alex WM

London, UK

#191134 Oct 6, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>You think as you do because you are a CONFIRMED sexually perverted liar.
I know that you are an uneducated fool...
Therefore, I shall be patient with you.

READ S-L-O-W-L-Y....TAKE YOUR TIME..:

15 The woman said to him,“Sir, give me living [tadpole] water©” as I am gagging for it now so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to sell my juices to others.”

16 He told her,“Is your husband home because he might beat me up while we exchange tadpole water?.”

17 “I have no husband, don't be scared” she replied.
BJ knows the routine having just escaped from the Pharisees.. said to her,“Errrmmm…I made a mistake by trying it on..but I knew that!!....(lol..)You are right when you say you have no husband with you righ tnow.

18 But you are a tart who has had five husbands, and the man you now have is not even your husband but your keep. Errrr….but I knew what you have just said is quite true…..so we are safe to play!!!”

27 Just then his disciples returned and were not surprised to find him playing with a woman and no one asked,“What do you want?” or “Why are you playing with her?” OR "CAN WE HAVE A GO?"
They were annoyed that they were chased off to buy “nothing” while BJ had a bit of fun!
Alex WM

London, UK

#191135 Oct 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you tweaked Chabad,...
PROVE IT, YOU MORON....

Again this MORON refuses to admit defeat.

I simply copied and pasted from Chabad, just to tease him out of his madness......

He knew nothing about Chabad!

Otherwise, he would have gone out of his way to reproduce the verses to disprove me!!!

He didn't know and now he is trying hard to convince us that he knows everything!!

Even behavioral experts will have a hard time diagnosing his glory seeking inferiority complex that has also been affected by him being bullied for many years!!!!

Poor mental patient!
Alex WM

London, UK

#191136 Oct 6, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>You think as you do because you are a CONFIRMED sexually perverted liar.
Allow me to remind you of the first part...

Remove the blinkers and READ with your eyes ears and brain open..with your tail wagging...

This contains a lot of sexual innuendos.

BJ CHATS UP A SAMARITAN WOMAN...

"Deep well"......Now that is clearly the woman's deep "honey tunnel".

She is trying to tell BJ that Jews and Gentiles were NOT allowed to have sex.

WHY did the disciples go without even having a drop of water after the SAME long journey as the selfish sex mad BJ?

6 ...BJ, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about noon....(the disciples were not tired?)
7 When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her,“Will you give me a drink?”(nudge nudge winkl wink...)

8 (His disciples had gone into the town to buy food!!!!)GOOD EXCUSE!

9 The Samaritan woman said to him,“You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me to have sex or even taste me?”(For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.

10 BJ answered her,“If you knew..who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you his "living [tadpole] water©”!

11 “Sir,” the woman said,“you have a circumcised little one and my one isdeep. Where can you get this "living [tadpole] water©” with such a small pump?

13 BJ answered,“Everyone who drinks your juices will be thirsty again,

14 but whoever drinks my living [tadpole] water©” will never thirst. Indeed, my living [tadpole] water©”the water will become IN them a spring of water welling up with juices leading to ecstasy.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jun 7 MUQ2 194
News If Captain Cook's ship is found, whose is it? R... Jun 1 Hostis Publicus 24
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May '16 Joel 13,168
News Giant sphere sparks debate Apr '16 Phyllis Schlafly ... 1
News Did Islam reach France 1,300 years ago? DNA and... Apr '16 Muslim Bounty Hunter 19
News Send in the archaeologists to help restore Palm... Mar '16 Ostreology 1
Stunning 2200-Year-Old Mosaics Discovered in An... Mar '16 west38 1
More from around the web