Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 209,621

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#191081 Oct 5, 2013
Speaking of trial and error on God's part, seems like even the Quran is somewhat of a trial and error exercise, and that is why it had to be revealed over 23 years and some later verses had to abrogate earlier ones. How could God have known how much the circumstances would change over 23 years?

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#191082 Oct 5, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for confirming exactly what I said. Your mind is as deep as a baby pool, Captain Literal. And don't worry, I won't bother.
I don't believe it. I know and I am sure you will bother.

bmz

Singapore

#191083 Oct 5, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and God sent the wrong guy and God's mission failed. I guess God should have given it a little more thought. I guess even God needs to learn by trial and error. That is why, after many mistakes and corruptible scriptures, God finally got it right just when Muhammad needed God to get it right and he finally sent the right guy for the job, which was Muhammad.
Ah! You did bother. Couldn't resist. lol!

I quoted the verse from Acts 3:26 and you still do not believe?

God had it right every time but the people had it wrong. You can't blame God for that.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#191084 Oct 5, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi MAAT, what did you think about my post about Isaiah 9:5? Did you read it?
I skimmed, but i'ld be gratefull for a pointer (page...i'll scroll back)
----
Smith had me learn that Eusebius (4th century) hometurf was Antioch and that he was known as the Armenian, and responsible for the church-history, book of martyrs and for ordering 50 copies of the very first bible ever (after having had all these rounds of voting and discussions finished around 325 CE), and for sending out Jerome around 408 thereabouts to see if any written material was around that would support their position.

So he had total power over all content and thus also about such statements as Armenian being the language of the turf and of any carpernter fishing about.
Alex WM

London, UK

#191085 Oct 5, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You said BJ to BJ, you stupid, stupid moron. Why would she broadcast it to BJ? LOL!!!! This is absolutely hysterical. You are completely falling apart to pieces right in front of everybody.....
This this weird fr*cking moron gets floored time and again, but he on a defective autopilot that doesn't know went to avoid a crash!!!!

No decent Christian would EVER associate himself/herself with this fr*cking moron!!!

Doesn't he even have the tiniest bit of brain to work out what BJ means???

Do we have to spell it out to him?

This moron has DEFINITELY not been near a woman!!!!

BJ is Blow Job you fool!!!!

Now does the fool know what "BJ to BJ" means?

I have already given subtle hints but this thick as sh*t fanatic is too thick to understand anything!!!

LOL!!!!!

Now who is laughing??????????

Arnold got floored and seeker gets pasted!
I am enjoying this....and the fool has already admitted Pagan roots of Christmas as well...LOL..
Clear proof that Christianity "re-invented"/(compr omised!) itself several times to mimic Pagan way of life in order to appeal to the Pagans!!
Alex WM

London, UK

#191086 Oct 5, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>I will NEVER EVER forget that you are one filthy-minded liar.
Hello Pavlov's dog, when you hear the bell start salivating!!! ding dong....ring...ring!!!...LOL.. ..

You will NEVER EVER again think of women by the well..and ..living water without thinking about Semen and
"living [tadpole] water©"

You will NEVER EVER again think of "BJ on cross" without thinking about "one-eyed" NAKED PAGAN oozing off a phallus seducing women to chew off his meat and suck off his bodily juices including blood...(encouraging cannibalism)

You will NEVER EVER forget BJ on his way to be crucified, thinking about DRY PAPS!!!

You will NEVER EVER think about "healing" without visualizing the gentile women sitting up and begging for doggie, until BJ relents!!!

You will NEVER EVER think about visit to tomb without visualizing the non-wife rubbing oils and spices on BJ's naked body while recovering from injury...or worse ....being dead!!

You will NEVER EVER forget the seductive rub of hair on BJ's feet by pros!!

You will NEVER EVER forget that BJ could not stone the pros..because BJ himself was a naughty boy with SIN!!!

Location hidden

#191087 Oct 5, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I find this verse to be pretty odd.
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt1009.htm
Isaiah 9:5
5 For a child is born unto us, a son is given unto us; and the government is upon his shoulder; and his name is called Pele-joez-el-gibbor-Abi-ad-sar -shalom;
Now what I can't understand is why all of the rest of that chapter is translated into plain English except for the one little part right at the end of Isaiah 9:5
It's the name (P.N.) of the little person born then and what is expected of it. So therefore no translation.
The revolving vav...we had that exlained and discussed round about post 100,000.
It is the past, has happened then. A lot of 'is' in above sentence should be read as 'has happened'.
Can not be transported to the future.
What was told to happen happened.

There is more to be said about it, but not everyone agrees.
Alex WM

London, UK

#191088 Oct 5, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the name (P.N.) of the little person born then and what is expected of it. So therefore no translation.
The revolving vav...we had that exlained and discussed round about post 100,000.
It is the past, has happened then. A lot of 'is' in above sentence should be read as 'has happened'.
Can not be transported to the future.
What was told to happen happened.
There is more to be said about it, but not everyone agrees.
Precisely! Thank you for the explanation.
It cannot be transported to the future.

"Seeker" the short plank refuses to accept even this:

For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."
Alex WM

London, UK

#191089 Oct 5, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You said BJ to BJ, you stupid, stupid moron. Why would she broadcast it to BJ? LOL!!!! This is absolutely hysterical. You are completely falling apart to pieces right in front of everybody.
<quoted text>
LOL!!!! And now she carried it in her mouth until she went back to the village? The is priceless. Keep it going, I really needed a good laugh this morning and I couldn't have picked a better person to get it from. I am almost starting to believe that it is wrong for me to pick on you when you are actually so mentally handicapped. It's not right to pick on handicapped people....
Poor deluded seeker cannot be more than 2.5 years!
At first the kid didn't know what a BJ was!!
And now he doesn't understand what is supposed to happen after a BJ!!!
Poor kid!!
LOL....LOL...
The laughs today are ALL on seeker who is still in his diapers...looking for his mummy!!!

Location hidden

#191090 Oct 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah! You did bother. Couldn't resist. lol!
I quoted the verse from Acts 3:26 and you still do not believe?
God had it right every time but the people had it wrong. You can't blame God for that.
Lately i saw a documentary about the development of science in Britain, with prof. Cox (the theoretical phycisist)
There is such a field as blue sky science. Meaning science done purely for understanding, and on the way even mistakes are carefully jotted down. Leading to such inventions as a purple (mauve ) dye while trying to make quinine. Serendipity.
The other end of the spectrum is tinkering, applied science, improving mechanics.(the watchmaker) Goal oriented.

I can't help thinking that most here see 'GOD' as some tinkerer, while i'm pretty convinced that blue skies are it's realm.
Alex WM

London, UK

#191091 Oct 5, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!!! LOL!!!
.... Hey, while you are busy making up whatever you feel like, why not throw a spaceship and a purple monster in there while you are at it for good measure? Couldn't hurt, right?
I really shouldn't laugh because you actually do need some serious help, and it is bad luck to laugh at the mentally handicapped.
This chap deserves the title "Christian ZOMBIE"!!!
He simply can't see anything wrong with his books that are full of errors...lies...inconsistencie s...absurdities...etc!! I had access to material that made me almost puke!

Now the 2.5 year old boy wants his spaceship monster!

The spaceship monster was 50billion year old pedo daddy/ghosty who pumped his "living [tadpole] water©" into the frightened little 10year old girl!!

Back to BJ supplying "living [tadpole] water©" to the frightened lonely woman....yes...they were probably caught ...and the quick thinking woman said she was swallowing "living [tadpole] water©" off the Jewish messiah for the benefit of the rest of the Jacob's clan!!
Alex WM

London, UK

#191092 Oct 5, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee:
and arguing with a more insane person than you, is not liable to make you more sane.
you do not get better at playing chess, by always playing with those who are always worse than you. your chess skills, only go backwards doing that.
Sorry Rabbee...I apologize for my rude remarks aimed at nasty nutcases such as seeker the sicko and el cid ...the le dic.
I need to deal at their level to expose them.
Thank you for bringing in reality check.
Apologies.
Alex WM

London, UK

#191093 Oct 5, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
That is actually very good advice. I need to stop arguing with you. After all, it's pointless anyway because you are completely unreachable and simply too far gone and refuse to take your meds. This is probably the same conclusion that your fellow family members finally arrived at, and they realized that they can't just leave you out in the cold and the only way to reestablish communication with you is to simply appease your ideas and pretend to you that they agree. That is probably the only way they can at least talk to you. If so, that would be very caring on their part because you are a very annoying person to have to listen to. So I give them all the credit in the world for reestablishing communications with you. That's what family love should really be all about. No matter how crazy or annoying a family member might be,they are still family.
My good lord!
This 2.5 year old boy is telling off Rabbee!
Look at all his assumptions that makes an ass out of him!
The real nutcase has ALWAYS been Seeker...with .Arnold..Jinny martini...jeffrey wright...and many more nicks!
Rabbee is sane compared with this moron.
Alex WM

London, UK

#191094 Oct 5, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
What does a "first in insanity" mean? You stupid, stupid, babbling fool. What an utter and complete laughing stock you are.
This brainless baby continues to babble!
Why doesn't the moron learn some proper English.
Has this pathetic sh*t maker never been to a Uni?

No wonder the child needs to aim for first class honors in insanity....well before his time!

Location hidden

#191095 Oct 5, 2013
You have to ofcourse give the princely mite (he is allready of the royal Household/governor) it's whole name:
Pele etc. powered by mighty god wise peace he shall father.
Chabad version today:
5. For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder,..... and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."....

Would thus be interpretations allready. With a big dollop of filling.
Alex WM

London, UK

#191096 Oct 5, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>PERVERT,
...Jesus Talks With a Samaritan Woman
6 Jacob’s well was there, and Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about noon.
7 When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her,“Will you give me a drink?” 8 (His disciples had gone into the town to buy food.)
9 The Samaritan woman said to him,“You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?”(For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.[a])
10 Jesus answered her,“If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”
11 “Sir,” the woman said,“you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? 12 Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?”
13 Jesus answered,“Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again,
14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
Remove the blinkers and READ with your eyes ears and brain open..with your tail wagging...

This contains a lot of sexual innuendos.

BJ CHATS UP A SAMARITAN WOMAN...

"Deep well"......Now that is clearly the woman's deep "honey tunnel".

She is trying to tell BJ that Jews and Gentiles were NOT allowed to have sex.

WHY did the disciples go without even having a drop of water after the SAME long journey as the selfish sex mad BJ?

6 ...BJ, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about noon....(the disciples were not tired?)
7 When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her,“Will you give me a drink?”(nudge nudge winkl wink...)

8 (His disciples had gone into the town to buy food!!!!)GOOD EXCUSE!

9 The Samaritan woman said to him,“You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me to have sex or even taste me?”(For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.

10 BJ answered her,“If you knew..who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you his "living [tadpole] water©”!

11 “Sir,” the woman said,“you have a circumcised little one and my one isdeep. Where can you get this "living [tadpole] water©” with such a small pump?

13 BJ answered,“Everyone who drinks your juices will be thirsty again,

14 but whoever drinks my living [tadpole] water©” will never thirst. Indeed, my living [tadpole] water©”the water will become IN them a spring of water welling up with juices leading to ecstasy.”
Alex WM

London, UK

#191097 Oct 5, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>PERVERT,
15 The woman said to him,“Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”
16 He told her,“Go, call your husband and come back.”
17 “I have no husband,” she replied.
Jesus said to her,“You are right when you say you have no husband. 18 The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true.”

27 Just then his disciples returned and were surprised to find him talking with a woman. But no one asked,“What do you want?” or “Why are you talking with her?”
15 The woman said to him,“Sir, give me living [tadpole] water©” as I am gagging for it now so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to sell my juices to others.”

16 He told her,“Is your husband home because he might beat me up while we exchange tadpole water?.”

17 “I have no husband, don't be scared” she replied.
BJ knows the routine having just escaped from the Pharisees.. said to her,“Errrmmm…I made a mistake by trying it on..but I knew that!!....(lol..)You are right when you say you have no husband with you righ tnow.

18 But you are a tart who has had five husbands, and the man you now have is not even your husband but your keep. Errrr….but I knew what you have just said is quite true…..so we are safe to play!!!”

27 Just then his disciples returned and were not surprised to find him playing with a woman and no one asked,“What do you want?” or “Why are you playing with her?”
They were annoyed that they were chased off to buy “nothing” while BJ had a bit of fun!

bmz

Singapore

#191098 Oct 5, 2013
Seeker wrote:
Speaking of trial and error on God's part, seems like even the Quran is somewhat of a trial and error exercise, and that is why it had to be revealed over 23 years and some later verses had to abrogate earlier ones.

How could God have known how much the circumstances would change over 23 years?
Enjoyed reading that and Here's the Answer:

Modern polemic Christians are not the only ones, who brought that up.

Even the Kafirs (the deniers/the disbelievers) brought up the same point 1,400 plus years ago before you and Qur'aan also talks about that:

Surah Al-Furqaan 25:32 Translation in extremely simple English by yours truly:

"The disbelievers ask:'Why has not the Qur'aan been revealed to him all at once?

We have revealed it gradually to strengthen your heart with it, and have arranged it well."

Most of the important revelations had already been made, when the Prophet was in Mecca. After that, as the events happened and people argued and asked questions, more verses were revealed.

So, the 23 year period of revelations was complete within the Prophet's life time.

Question time: Well, will ask in another post.
Alex WM

London, UK

#191099 Oct 5, 2013
MAAT wrote:
You have to ofcourse give the princely mite (he is allready of the royal Household/governor) it's whole name:
Pele etc. powered by mighty god wise peace he shall father.
Chabad version today:
5. For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder,..... and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."....
Would thus be interpretations allready. With a big dollop of filling.
Poor seeker has been asking for link to my version and you have now finally given it to the poor chap!!
He better apologize for challenging me about it...!!
He won't have the brains to work it out!
lol

Location hidden

#191100 Oct 5, 2013
paix.

Ésaïe 9:6 (hebrew 9:5) French: Martin (1744)
Car l'enfant nous est né, le Fils nous a été donné, et l'empire a été posé sur son épaule, et on appellera son nom, l'Admirable, le Conseiller, le [Dieu] Fort et puissant, le Père d'éternité, le Prince de paix.

To make it more Obvious. People shall in future give this allready born child nicknames and comparisons.
A bit like god on earth, but as responsibility gut-wrenching, since the Original mutual deal with G-d was to provide land, people and a permanent undisturbed abode for all in this threesome.

Mind nobody else has such a deal with their god. God is now understood to be universal and not in need of honouring some old deal. Funny how people decided that...

A messiah is not a messiah unless he/she delivers the land , people and unto g-d peace and prosperity.
A working king thus.
Anything not delivered looses anyone even a shot at the title.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Archaeology Field Forum Thu Archyx 1
On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Discovered (Feb '13) Jan 25 Sambool Khan 14
Province set to buy Grace Islet; ends First Nat... Jan 21 Bob 1
Prehistoric sex toys are kind of hard to look at Jan 13 texastwostep 1
10 World's Oldest Things From Armenia Jan 12 Mary joe 42
Archaeology: New technologies reveal hidden sec... Jan 11 kirann 1
Ancient mummy prepared for public exhibition af... Jan 8 lol 2
More from around the web