Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256422 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#191153 Oct 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
The question could be
asked "What is false about my post?"

Then a reply as why it is false can be given.

Or Matt may not care at all about my accusation that the post is false and not reply at all.
Its a test of the posters integrity.

Is Matt posting to aggregate Christians with a stupid remark?

Or was it an honest post thinking it to be a correct statement.

It seems to me it was to aggregate Christians knowing Matt is ant-Christian!

The give away of Matts post was the greeting to BMZ knowing BMZ is anti-Christian.

When BMZ is being hammered he has away of calling for support by getting in touch with those that agree with him to come on this post to post their anti-Christian remarks.

So I gave Matt the test!
Stop lying, please. I am a Muslim. I have never sought any help from anyone. MAAT came in, greeted and I greeted her back.

I have always been the hammer here and you have been the nail. Everyone knows that.

It is quite obvious from your post that you are now suffering from bmzeephobia. lol!
sergey ivanovich

Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia

#191154 Oct 6, 2013
lol !! the holy spirit!! the christians are basically saying 1+1+1=1
and they have the guts to say islam is illogical or doesnt follow science. to all christians please tell me why your religion is so confusing??
sergey ivanovich

Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia

#191155 Oct 6, 2013
To everyone on this page do not be offended by my comment .. i am here for enlightenment im an athiest trying to find God and im trying to make sense of all this , if you wish to reply please reply me to convince me not to ridicule me. that is why we are all here after all not to spread animosity.
one of the christians on this page was talking about the holy spirit, the helper and the father.so basically your saying basically 1+1+1=1. this is illogical to me.
the Muslim's on the on the other hand believe that God is all powerful, all knowing,has no equal. the christians believe God has 3 parts or 3 partners. In a way this is not monotheism as you claim that you practice. You believe we are made in Gods form, tell me why should i worship something that is like me surely it is not worthy.surely the muslims definition of God is better. God must be all powerful and no equal. to all the christians ..maybe i do not understand and would be very happy for an explanation. Also you say that Jesus died for our sins..... i always believe God is just and i do not understand why he would let his son die for us sinners. Does God so love sinners? surely everyone gets what he deserves. and if he died for all our sins then why do you still talk about hell surely we are all going to heaven. Also sine jesus died for our sins then surely everyone is going to heaven non-christians and muslims included??????????
b
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#191156 Oct 6, 2013
sergey ivanovich wrote:
lol !! the holy spirit!! the christians are basically saying 1+1+1=1
and they have the guts to say islam is illogical or doesnt follow science. to all christians please tell me why your religion is so confusing??
No. It's 1 X 1 X 1 = 1

Examples of Islamic science:

Qur'an 67:3 "We created seven heavens, one above the other. Muhammad, can you see any fault in Ar-Rahman's creation? Look again: Can you see any rifts or fissures? Then look again and yet again. Your gaze turns back dazed and tired. We have adorned the lowest skies with lamps, and We have made them missiles to drive away the devils and against the stone Satans, and for them We have prepared the doom of Hell and the penalty of torment in the most intense Blazing Fire."

Qur'an 21:26 "Don't the unbelievers see that the heavens and earth were joined together in one piece before we clove them asunder?...Will they not believe? And We have set on the earth mountains as stabilizers, lest the earth should convulse without them. And We have made therein broad highways for them to pass through, that they may be guided. We have made the heaven a roof well guarded. Yet they turn away from its Signs! All (the celestial bodies) swim along, on a course, floating."

Qur'an 36:38 "The sun keeps revolving in its orbit at the dispensation of the All-Knowing. And the Moon, We have measured for her mansions till she returns like dried date stalks. It is not permitted for the Sun to overtake the Moon, nor can the Night outstrip the Day. Each (just) swims along, floating in (its own) orbit as a Sign as in a race. And we made similar vessels [chariots] for them to ride. But we could have drowned them if we pleased."
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#191157 Oct 6, 2013
sergey ivanovich wrote:
so the father is a deciever but you worship him!
http://quran.com/4/157

And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.

Who made another to resemble Jesus? That is, who DECEIVED the Jews and the Romans and even the disciples of Jesus, including Mary, his mother? ALLAH the DECEIVER, that's who.

It must be true, because it's in the Qur'an, and Mohammad himself could not possibly have been DECEIVED by ALLAH the DECEIVER.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#191158 Oct 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No lies, please. We are Muslims.
Muhammad formed his government religion of Islam on lies.

Since the Quran claims to be fully detailed, completely exhaustive, can you please tell us who Gabriel is by using the Quran alone?

Was Gabriel a human being whom Allah sent to assist Muhammad? Was he an angel or was he a jinn? One may even ask if he is in a category different from all these.

Was Michael an angel, a jinn or a human messenger? Please answer this by using the Quran alone.

Were the messengers whom Allah sent to destroy Lot’s people human beings, or were they angels? Perhaps they were actually from the jinn? How do you know?

Location hidden

#191159 Oct 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop lying, please. I am a Muslim. I have never sought any help from anyone. MAAT came in, greeted and I greeted her back.
I have always been the hammer here and you have been the nail. Everyone knows that.
It is quite obvious from your post that you are now suffering from bmzeephobia. lol!
The only thing you hammer is your ignorance!
Your answers to my posting is based on ignorance.
You have never proven your accusations that Jesus is not the Son of God nor have you ever proven that the teaching of Jesus in the NT to be false.

And you have never proven that the Quran is from God.
Nor have you ever proven that Muhammad is a prophet from God.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#191160 Oct 6, 2013
MUQ wrote:
With this , my dear brother, I conclude my discussion on Deut. 18:18.
It is high time that we start NT verses prophesizing about advent of our prophet.
This again is a very interesting topic and ends with famous “Comforter” prophesy.
Wait, where are you running off to. There are still Tanakh questions on the table to which you refused to respond because you said you were still talking about Deut. 18:18. I thought we were having discussion on whether Muhammad was the final prophet of the Tanakh. And I believe there is a question from Isaiah on whether Muhammad was of the seed of David and the shoot of Jesse. You have cited Isaiah in support of your argument for Muhammad. Now please address the requirement of Isaiah that the final prophet be of the seed of David and the shoot of Jesse. Does Muhammad meet these requirements?

Or are you going to put your tail between your legs and run away from the tough questions posed by others?

Location hidden

#191161 Oct 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma,
Christians should learn to know who the Son of Mary was. So much gibberish, nonsense and lies have been written about Jesus and I find that is degrading of both God and his Servant Jesus.
The Church has already done a great job in degrading and insulting God and the Son of Mary.
That silly and absurd upgrading of the Son of Mary, is already a degrading of God Almighty.
You first have to prove that the teaching on Jesus in the Quran is true, and you have not down that.
So your accusations that Jesus is not the Son of God are false.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#191162 Oct 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric,
Alex had asked you the following valid questions, when he asked and you avoided an answer:
"Now can you confirm or deny these:
The Christians claim that Jewish priests asked Jesus...
"Are you the Messiah, THE Son of God?
You know very well what they imply by "THE Son of God".
If you agree with them please say so.
Secondly, are Christians correct in imnplying that they worship the same Judeo-Christian God (for all intents and purposes Jesus) as you!! Now they call it "Hebrew-Christian" God.
Do you worship the same "God" as Christians?
Can you confirm or deny this Judeo-Christian and Hebrew- Christian "god"?
Thank you."
You replied: "I cannot confirm nor deny. I wasn't there. "
Neither were we there. We are also just reading what is written but do you being yourself of Jewish faith believe that the high priest could have asked the following question by adding 'the Son of the living God'?
He asked if I could confirm or deny something that was alleged to have been said by the priests. Confirm or deny require actual knowledge and not belief. You have changed the question to "believe". A whole different ball game. I am on record that I believe very little of what is recorded in the New Testament because it was written under the direction of Constantine who asked the scribes to alter its composition.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I can confirm that neither Muhammad nor Jesus was the seed of David or Jesse.
One has to be blunt on these forums, Eric.
And that is why neither is the final prophet. Thank you very much.
bmz

Location hidden

#191163 Oct 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Muhammad formed his government religion of Islam on lies.
Since the Quran claims to be fully detailed, completely exhaustive, can you please tell us who Gabriel is by using the Quran alone?

Was Gabriel a human being whom Allah sent to assist Muhammad? Was he an angel or was he a jinn? One may even ask if he is in a category different from all these.

Was Michael an angel, a jinn or a human messenger? Please answer this by using the Quran alone.

Were the messengers whom Allah sent to destroy Lot’s people human beings, or were they angels? Perhaps they were actually from the jinn? How do you know?
According to Qur'aan, Gabriel and Michael are the angels of the one LORD Almighty God Allah.

Angels are not Jinns.

The messengers, who went to Lot, were angels. They went in human form. They were not Jinns.

Satan was from the community of Jinns.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#191164 Oct 6, 2013
Oh, and once again, there is nothing off topic on this thread. Anyone can post anything they want. If you don't want to respond, don't. I ignore stuff all the time.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#191165 Oct 6, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Mr. Seeker
After finishing these seven clear examples from OT books (though there could be many more, but that many shall suffice any enquiring mind), I move on to NT books and show that Jesus also foretold about our prophet.
Wait, there are still questions outstanding from the Tanakh to which you have not responded. This is not a one way debate. We can't go on to the New Testament while questions are unanswered.

So, let's discuss the requirement from Isaiah (whom you have quoted with approval) that the final prophet be of the seed of David and the shoot of Jesse. Does Muhammad fulfill these requirements?
bmz

Location hidden

#191166 Oct 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The only thing you hammer is your ignorance!
Your answers to my posting is based on ignorance.
You have never proven your accusations that Jesus is not the Son of God nor have you ever proven that the teaching of Jesus in the NT to be false.
And you have never proven that the Quran is from God.

Nor have you ever proven that Muhammad is a prophet from God.
We have already proved that Jesus is not the son of God. If he were, he would have said, "I am the son of God" and his people would have killed him straight away.

I don't have to prove that. Just read Qur'aan and you would know that it is from God. And any one, who reads the New Testament knows that it is not from God at all. People already know that men wrote it long, long, long after Jesus was gone.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#191167 Oct 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
Oh, and once again, there is nothing off topic on this thread. Anyone can post anything they want. If you don't want to respond, don't. I ignore stuff all the time.
Just dont ask me to spread our kidney stone discussion on this thread as well. Enough is enough.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#191168 Oct 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
All that I did was to quote from a Jewish source and ask why they did not translate only that part of that verse while they translated the rest of the entire chapter. And I know you read what I actually asked correctly the first time.
<quoted text>
My research has not found what you have posted.
<quoted text>
Your last point was not clearly stated at all.
Well Seeker then you should have understood that most people like Alex also, jump to the conclusion that this story did not allready happen in the past but is for some weird reason foretelling the coming of a failed messiah.(he did not deliver, nor was it the intent to fullfill all the obligations)So to avoid all the nonsense modern translations are obviously making it clear where the appellative clause begins, and as such not translating it.

I also pointed out that you would first need to understand grammar...the use of the revolving vav in particular...so as to understand.

So i gave you various languages and translations (what are you whining about? If your versio does not give it then i gave a plausible explanation, but it's up to you to ontinue your search).
My preference when reading it as a sentence is that the little prince born then would encorporate all the hope and expectations of the people and with the help of g-d accomplish them.

The other option is simply a recitation of what people will call the then newborn messiah.
Envisage a war devestated landscape and people captive, a tired mom and some old dude jumping up and down in elation.

Mind messiahs come a dime a dozen, but are only THE deliverer when accomplishing all.
Failure means to be forgotten.

All kings are annointed and supposed to work on what is expected of them. Are thus 'messiahsingen' along.

bmz

Location hidden

#191169 Oct 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
He asked if I could confirm or deny something that was alleged to have been said by the priests. Confirm or deny require actual knowledge and not belief. You have changed the question to "believe". A whole different ball game. I am on record that I believe very little of what is recorded in the New Testament because it was written under the direction of Constantine who asked the scribes to alter its composition.
<quoted text>

And that is why neither is the final prophet. Thank you very much.
No worries, Eric

By the way, who was that prophet mentioned in Deut 18, who was sent to the Hebrews or the Jews? Can you please tell us his name?

I ask this because I have not seen anyone like Moses in the Tanakh.

Note: I am neither talking about Muhammad nor Jesus.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#191170 Oct 6, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Just dont ask me to spread our kidney stone discussion on this thread as well. Enough is enough.
You will note that I have stayed well away from that discussion.

Location hidden

#191171 Oct 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Qur'aan, Gabriel and Michael are the angels of the one LORD Almighty God Allah.
Angels are not Jinns.
The messengers, who went to Lot, were angels. They went in human form. They were not Jinns.
Satan was from the community of Jinns.
Show me scripture from the Quran that says what you are saying?
Produce the scripture from the Quran to verify what you say?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#191172 Oct 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You will note that I have stayed well away from that discussion.
I did.

Dont worry, I think its over

Next month's topic: urinary incontinence (just kidding)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bones of Civil War dead found on a battlefield ... 18 hr George 1
News Why the world premiere of precious biblical art... Jun 14 missourcast 1
News Peru seeks dog breed status for ancient llama h... (Sep '06) May '18 Parden Pard 3
News Ancient artifacts seized from Hobby Lobby retur... May '18 WarForOil 2
An Exceptional Discovery-Unearthed Child at Pom... Apr '18 Jeff 5
News Archaeologists find ancient mass child sacrific... Apr '18 Poster Child for ... 1
News Experts unite to condemn plans for road tunnel ... Apr '18 TheNi6htTrain 1