Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256016 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#190815 Oct 2, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
and G-d is a Jewish man according to you!
Shamma, Can you even visualize this?
If you worship a Jewish man as your G-d, why should any Jewish person object, if he/she wishes to be selfish?
But, millions of Jews were MURDERED, and are still being persecuted by Christians because they defend their belief that Jesus PBUH is NOT G-d.
This requires total dedication to G-d and selfless sacrifice and I take my hat off to the Jewish people.
It also proves to you that BJ is NOT G-d.
Just imagine this:
You worship Muhammed PBUH as G-d just because the Roman bullies told you so. The Arabs deny this and get MURDERED in their millions by your people. The Arabs know Muhammed PBUH is NOT G-d.
Now look at as contrasting situation:
You worship Krishna as G-d just because the Romans told you so...AND the Indians AGREE with you!
BECAUSE...most Indians DO worship Krishna who for all intents and purposes is an INDIAN!!
Do you understand any of this? Hope so!
Something interesting, Alex

When the Jews saw that a fellow Jew was accepted as God, they engaged the services of clever writers to write gospels for the Church to keep the religion founded in the man's name far away from their own religion.

And as expected, the Church named her religion after the Jew, Jesus Christ.

Even the name Christianity shows a religion that taught to follow and worshipped a Jew.

Salaams
BMZ

bmz

Location hidden

#190816 Oct 2, 2013
Eric wrote:
And, don't you know, Jesus is of the seed of the Holy Ghost. Ask any Christian. They'll tell you.
That is one of the many wrong things they say about the man.

Jesus was nobody's seed. He was simply his mother's seed.

The problem is that we do NOT have Jesus on record for anything that the Christians and their Church claim.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#190817 Oct 2, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The BIG LIE IS THAT MUHAMMAD LIED!
Muhammad was just a pagan desert bandit.
The words Muhammad dictated in the Quran are not words from God!
Muhammad misrepresented the teachings of God in the Quran.
God shared His authority with no one!
Muhammad falsely claimed God ordained Muhammad to fight for the cause of Allah.
God made no such statement.
The Quran is not about God it is about Muhammad and Muhammad's quest to form a religious political government to rule the world.
According to John 4:24, "God is spirit." Luke 24:39 tells us "a spirit has no flesh or bone." All scripture confirms that God, in the Old Testament, was invisible. "No man has seen God" (John 1:18);
but Jesus is described as the "exact representation of God, the image of God, and the image of the invisible God." The spirit of God that never permanently occupied a body or form before, took on the form of a man by becoming the person of Jesus Christ.
He was no longer invisible, untouchable, without form, now he dwelt among us. Both God Almighty and man: born in Bethlehem as Jesus Christ.
Jesus came to save us from our sin
Matthew 1:21 -- "She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."
John 1:29 -- The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
John 3:17 -- For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
Hebrews 7:27 --...He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself.
I John 1:7 -- But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
I John 3:5 -- But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin.
Comment:
The name of Jesus in New Testament Greek is "Iesous" (e-ay-soos'). The origin of Jesus' name is found in the Old Testament names "Joshua, Jehoshuah, or Jehoshua," pronounced Yehowshuwa`(yeh-ho-shoo'-ah); or Yehowshua. These names mean Jehovah-saved, Jehovah saves, Jehovah saviour. The name of Jesus was not decided upon in an arbitrary fashion as most children's names are.
Jesus' name was decided based upon his mission in life, and his mission was determined from the foundation of the world—He was to save us from our sins (Revelation 13:8) with one sacrifice for all time. The significance of the name of Jesus does not end with his mission in life.
It is also found in the fact that Jesus is Jehovah. The one true God, who "stretched out the heavens alone, and spread out the earth by himself" (Isaiah 44:24), came to earth to save us by living as Jesus Christ. "God did not send someone else to save the world...he came himself."
rabbee: there is no letter, for w in eevreet. and the name Yeshooah means redemption, or salvation. and i am sure that greek has a word for that, that is not iesous with a masculine ending. since the masculine name Yeshooah, has a femine ending.

i need more proof, than something that sounds like. it was edited, by the village idiot.

the only words we actually have from G-D, are all found in TheTorah. in G-D'S description of the past, present, and future history, of this world of disbelievers of being here in TheTorah.

and G-D is not going to change it, unless we change to more of the favor of G-D here in TheTorah.

and the united states, is already suffering an increase in terrorism, as a result of your increase in idolatries.

i don't expect this world to be true to G-D, when the jews have never been true to G-D, since the days of Moshe. and they were pretty lame, for not following G-D with Moshe either. and even began to write some forbidden new non-Torah testament, when they crossed the river.

this whole world is a mess, because the jews are an idolatrous mess. if you cannot verify your accountings, to fit in TheTorah somewhere. then they, are a lie.
Abraham

New York, NY

#190818 Oct 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Something interesting, Alex
When the Jews saw that a fellow Jew was accepted as God, they engaged the services of clever writers to write gospels for the Church to keep the religion founded in the man's name far away from their own religion.
And as expected, the Church named her religion after the Jew, Jesus Christ.
Even the name Christianity shows a religion that taught to follow and worshipped a Jew.
Salaams
BMZ
Rabee, Christions do not worship a Jew. They worship God. God who manifested himself as "human" (not a jew in particular), but happen to be was born in a family where parent were of Jewish root. Hope I made something clear.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#190819 Oct 2, 2013
rabbee: there is no letter, for w in eevreet. and the name Yeshooah means redemption, or salvation. and i am sure that greek has a word for that, that is not iesous with a masculine ending. since the masculine name Yeshooah, has a femine ending.

i need more proof, than something that sounds like. it was edited, by the village idiot.

the only words we actually have from G-D, are all found in TheTorah. in G-D'S description of the past, present, and future history, of this world of disbelievers of being here in TheTorah.

and G-D is not going to change it, unless we change to more of the favor of G-D here in TheTorah.

and the united states, is already suffering an increase in terrorism, as a result of your increase in idolatries.

i don't expect this world to be true to G-D, when the jews have never been true to G-D, since the days of Moshe. and they were pretty lame, for not following G-D with Moshe either. and even began to write some forbidden new non-Torah testament, when they crossed the river.

this whole world is a mess, because the jews are an idolatrous mess. if you cannot verify your accountings, to fit in TheTorah somewhere. then they, are a lie.

bmz

Location hidden

#190820 Oct 2, 2013
Shamma wrote:
You are insane Alex!

You don't know what you are talking About!

The difference between Jesus and us, is Jesus had total access to the Spirit of God living in him.

John the baptist described Jesus by saying: "For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit" (John 3:34).

It was the Spirit of God living in Jesus that gave him the power to do miracles, to know the thoughts of men, to be "God with us."
I have deleted the cock and bull story part.

Alex is not insane. You and the Church are insane.

Even a 3rd Grader can easily understand the context of John 3:34, which is:

Jesus was the one, whom God had sent. He spoke God's words. God gives spirit without any measure to the one God sends.

You guys are so obsessed with the word 'spirit' that you write it as the Spirit or the Holy Spirit.

That is soooooo ridiculous.

Jesus had a noble spirit. It does not mean that God had pumped in a Spirit or the Spirit or the Holy Spirit into him.

Every person has a spirit. God dwells in every believer's mind and heart but that does not mean God is residing practically inside every person.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#190821 Oct 2, 2013
the mahdi wrote:
To yehoshooah adam
I dont think u understand me.
The semetic language is constructed. Its artificial. Its man made. Its god made. Call it what ever you want. Some kid from yemen cracked it. The structure or the formual unites the entire semetic languages in to one. Heberew, arabic,aramic become one. Now coincidently its fkin arabic. Do you know what the fk that means? It means you have no idea. No need for bible or koran jesus, torha said this or that, your jesus or david or tom genology, your little concept of paste and copy bible ,torha verse to profe your god is #1, who is right or who is wrong. Forget all of that. You have no idea of whats coming.
I am not trying to convert you or diss you. Alah is the god of israel. You do not need to belive me. Just wait. I wish it was up to me.
So i repeat. You people wont prove anything with your comments here. Every thing is wrong. Including history. Great men. Teachers profesors specially those on any form of media that are or who have livid assuming and teaching with confidence, are going to be humiliated,
The entire world is going to be designed. Every single book on semetic history or egypt will be rewritten. The bible will be rewritten. I am not joking.
So please if u want a response read what i am writting and ask from my comments. Forget what you know. Ur bible or torah even the koran. quots and stuff
rabbee: oh i understand this world's and your idolatry, far better than you don't think.

and i already know, what is coming for not only the ending of this sixth day, but for the seventh day. and then the first day again, with Noach.

it's all recorded in TheTorah, for this world's eternal disbelief. the world of all idolatry would rather, that everyone suffer forever, than believe in G-D here in TheTorah.

this whole idolatrous world, is never going to get any true peace, commanded by G-D or HaMosheeach for the last day. and you have no idea how close, we are to having both of HaMosheeach here with G-D.

all you had to do, is to look in TheTorah Scroll. to figure out Who The-HaMosheeach always is, here in TheTorah. it, hasn't ever changed. G-D'S Story does not change, no matter how much your mental magic, has changed to not recognize this is still in TheTorah.

bmz

Location hidden

#190822 Oct 2, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text>SalaamZ Oh auspicious One! Where do these people get these ridiculous Ideas!?

Dont they read?

LOL! Im so glad most of the rationale world has done all the footwork for us in provideing facts to refute this kind of ficticious namby-pamby mindnumbing dogma. Funny thing,Ive read at least 3 different bibles and not ONCE! did I ever find Jesus stateing "I AM GOD IN THE FLESH!"

Now if a lowly little subhuman primate like myself can find such information,how is it that some of the most educated cannot!? OH!...WAIT! Maybe God threw a vail accross my eyes so I couldnt really see the words I was reading! Thats it!! That MUST be it! there,s no other viable explaination! WheW!

Glad we got that straightened out.Thankx BMZ! you,ve been a wonderful help.LOL! CheerZ
Salaams, Rabbeen

Good question. The ridiculous ideas came from men, who outsmarted the quarreling ignorant Bishops.

And on top of that the Greek pagan philosophers confused them further and it was claimed that Jesus claimed to be this and that.

And since none had sat in the company of Jesus and his true disciples, they could not say at all that Jesus said this and that.

Even when you read the Tu Quoque exchanges between Jesus and the Jews, you will find:

Jesus said, ".........." and the Jews said, ".........." but when you challenge if Jesus said that he was the Son of God or God in flesh or God, they have nothing to show. All you get is "Jesus claimed".

The true followers of Jesus, who were Jews themselves, never believed that Jesus was the so-called son of God or God in flesh or God.

After Jesus was gone, his disciples still prayed and worshipped God Almighty at the Temple and praised the LORD. None of them ever worshipped Jesus as God and never prayed to him.

Thanks for the post.

BMZ

That is w

bmz

Location hidden

#190823 Oct 2, 2013
Abraham wrote:
Rabee, Christions do not worship a Jew. They worship God. God who manifested himself as "human" (not a jew in particular), but happen to be was born in a family where parent were of Jewish root. Hope I made something clear.
I am not Rabbee.

I wish to comment on what you wrote: "God who manifested himself as "human" (not a jew in particular), but happen to be was born in a family where parent were of Jewish root."

There is nothing in the Jewish Holy Scriptures to support this. No prophesy, no indication and no substantiation that God was to be born in a family.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#190824 Oct 2, 2013
i am not here to study, any of your new testament ideas, or religions. G-D only came to give me, with TheTorah in the first visit. there were none of your, new testaments included. and there are no new testaments included, in the second two visits either. G-D even rejects, their new testament called the tanach.

so why should i accept any other new testaments, that are not included in TheTorah either. altering this same story again from G-D with mental magic, does not make you true to G-D actually here in TheTorah again.

because the whole world can lie, about being here in TheTorah. is not going to get, any you any brownie points.

bmz

Location hidden

#190825 Oct 2, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
Paul raised people from the dead and you believe it!! Many surgeons raise people from the "dead". What vital signs were checked by BJ and Paul to establish if the "death" was indeed authentic? There is NO proof, Le Dic.
Paul cured people from disease, and MY DOCTOR does it today!
When will you develop a brain Le dic?
....Sunni and Shias are struggling to reconcile PRECISELY because they have gone AGAINST what the Quran says!!!! There in lies the truth that Quran is indeed the GREATEST of Miracles.
Stop defending failed mangod worship, dear woodworker.
Good post, bro

lol!
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#190826 Oct 2, 2013
if it does not actually fit, here in TheTorah G-D is giving again. then it is another, not here in TheTorah lie.

as long as this whole world disbelieves, there shall be six days with G-D in charge. with the day of rest for G-D, as HaMosheeach takes charge. and then G-D returns, looking for Noach to start this all over again. TheG-D of Only TheTorah, does not lie about all you not being here in IT. with about 7billion nobodies here in it again, with just TheHisSon adam the only one here in IT again.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#190827 Oct 2, 2013
so yes, this world is in an idolatrous mess. because the jews, are still in their own idolatrous mess. yes we all could of been in GanEden, had the jews not been in such an idolatrous mess for more than 3000 years.

the whole world was already in trouble, the instant they began their new testament tanach. and gave up on, their being here in TheTorah from HaShem. no wonder G-D, quit visiting them after that. they just can seem to get i through their stubborn heads, were all still here in TheTorah from G-D.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#190828 Oct 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not Rabbee.
I wish to comment on what you wrote: "God who manifested himself as "human" (not a jew in particular), but happen to be was born in a family where parent were of Jewish root."
There is nothing in the Jewish Holy Scriptures to support this. No prophesy, no indication and no substantiation that God was to be born in a family.
rabbee: i guarantee to you, this has already happened again:
"(and G-D said, "Let US make Adam in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS. They shall rule over the fish in the sea, the birds of the sky, and over the animal, the whole earth, and every creeping thing that creeps that creeps upon the earth.")"

does not matter if you reject, Who this Adam, to adam and chaooah are. G-D does not lie, this has actually been happening again here in TheTorah.
Eric

Roselle, IL

#190829 Oct 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is one of the many wrong things they say about the man.
Jesus was nobody's seed. He was simply his mother's seed.
The problem is that we do NOT have Jesus on record for anything that the Christians and their Church claim.
Mother's seed? Do you want for me to explain to you the birds and the bees, or will you just accept that seed comes from the father and egg comes from the mother. Ask the Christians who was the father? They can't have it both ways.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#190830 Oct 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not Rabbee.
rabbee: there is some credibility, to what Abraham said. if you actually read the story of how Yeshooah was born. you can see They were not jewish, with a surrogate jewish mother. and that Yoseph and Merreeam, were not Their actual mother and father. and it still describes, and fits the story of how Adam got here. and that me and this woman being returned from Them, also fits in this story from G-D here in TheTorah.

i was only about 7 years old, when G-D came and said they made me a wife out of Us. how in the hell was i supposed to know, what G-D was actually talking about? when everybody then knew, seven years old is too little to already have about a three and a half year old wife.

and that the whole world, cannot be made of adult-trees, because only little trees, can be growed up to become adulteries. and don't expect me to tell you, any more of the embarrassing stuff i said to G-D, that day. when this is already, too much.

so no i am not happy with this world, and their grandmother sarah faye ann carney again. who you all helped with hasatan, to deceive again. allowing mr lizard lips, to actually sneak in through the back door again. after i slammed, the front door in his face. with no help, from all the demonic back stabbers again.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#190831 Oct 2, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Your tribe has a different dialect of Hebrew.
What tribe are you from?
Maybe that is difference.
Or could be your translation is from the new Hebrew Scriptures re-translated after the year 300AD.
the mahdi

Minneapolis, MN

#190832 Oct 2, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: oh i understand this world's and your idolatry, far better than you don't think.
and i already know, what is coming for not only the ending of this sixth day, but for the seventh day. and then the first day again, with Noach.
it's all recorded in TheTorah, for this world's eternal disbelief. the world of all idolatry would rather, that everyone suffer forever, than believe in G-D here in TheTorah.
this whole idolatrous world, is never going to get any true peace, commanded by G-D or HaMosheeach for the last day. and you have no idea how close, we are to having both of HaMosheeach here with G-D.
all you had to do, is to look in TheTorah Scroll. to figure out Who The-HaMosheeach always is, here in TheTorah. it, hasn't ever changed. G-D'S Story does not change, no matter how much your mental magic, has changed to not recognize this is still in TheTorah.
Dude. Your torah. New or old testaments. Koran. It dont matter. When the muslims tells you the bible has been touched do you think mohamud was talking about the new t . What is the new t excluding jesus? Its the ot. Mohamud is saying some one has touch the ot and made new t . The modern heberew bible has nothing to do with the original. Nada. The fact that , heberew was spoken again after a thousand years is profe enough your book might have some mistakes. No one is saying you as a jew is beliving in the wrong god. Only the books. The heberew language or the heberew people never had a proper state to save there knolledge in. Once christianity came all jews who became orthodox and muslims are the only one who ended up with the governing body. The state. The books. The language. Because the jew lived scatered and with out a central organization governing with the language, they ended up with a dialect. Any thing written translated to your dialect is obviously not going to be the original. Common fkin sense. Because the arabs are the numrous, the one who kept there language and were govern by there language, they ended up being the only one with the correct version. Just one verb is 2401. Imagine the verb kteb if you are jew, there are 2401 kteb. Ask your rabai, if he dont know all 2401, then your translation is wrong, the book is wrong. And mohamud was right. Another fact why the torah or the bibles are wrong is because the book of god, IT RHYMES. that is why the koran RHYMES. They wrote a rhyming koran it goes to show what kind of book they were acustoomed to. does the torah rhyme? Another fact the torah should begin in the first book of the first sentence with the verb that means father, god, in the . All withone letter. Does the torah start like that. I am not saying the koran is correct either. But its wining without even trying . The god in the ot, the bible, koran are all one.
Abraham

New York, NY

#190833 Oct 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not Rabbee.
Aparently there is, there are prophecies and citation that Elohim manifested Him to human, fire, clouds etc to get in touch with His creation. That is in Holy Jewish Tanakh. Have you read it? I mean if you know Tanakh, that would be helpful for our conversation, please bring some quotes from Tanakh to defend your position where it shows Elohim did not or would not manifest. Please do, it will be an interesting conversation, perhaps I'll learn something.
Abraham

New York, NY

#190834 Oct 2, 2013
the mahdi wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude. Your torah. New or old testaments. Koran. It dont matter. When the muslims tells you the bible has been touched do you think mohamud was talking about the new t . What is the new t excluding jesus? Its the ot. Mohamud is saying some one has touch the ot and made new t . The modern heberew bible has nothing to do with the original. Nada. The fact that , heberew was spoken again after a thousand years is profe enough your book might have some mistakes. No one is saying you as a jew is beliving in the wrong god. Only the books. The heberew language or the heberew people never had a proper state to save there knolledge in. Once christianity came all jews who became orthodox and muslims are the only one who ended up with the governing body. The state. The books. The language. Because the jew lived scatered and with out a central organization governing with the language, they ended up with a dialect. Any thing written translated to your dialect is obviously not going to be the original. Common fkin sense. Because the arabs are the numrous, the one who kept there language and were govern by there language, they ended up being the only one with the correct version. Just one verb is 2401. Imagine the verb kteb if you are jew, there are 2401 kteb. Ask your rabai, if he dont know all 2401, then your translation is wrong, the book is wrong. And mohamud was right. Another fact why the torah or the bibles are wrong is because the book of god, IT RHYMES. that is why the koran RHYMES. They wrote a rhyming koran it goes to show what kind of book they were acustoomed to. does the torah rhyme? Another fact the torah should begin in the first book of the first sentence with the verb that means father, god, in the . All withone letter. Does the torah start like that. I am not saying the koran is correct either. But its wining without even trying . The god in the ot, the bible, koran are all one.
Shalom mahdi,
Got you point. Elohim, Allah, God only like rhyms because He is a kido who needs nursey rhyms to fall asleep and Mahmood is his domestics helper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A trip to Israel gives Hanukkah new meaning for... 14 hr drain the swamp 1
News Lubbock's bounty of free museums lure visitors ... Dec 6 Tom 1
Ark of the Covenant @ Stonehenge Dec 3 Garry Denke 1
International Conference on Cultural Sustainabl... Nov 27 moabdallah 1
News Australian Aboriginal prehistory, new research Nov '16 Sambo 2
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Oct '16 Folauimanuka 1,979
News Post-UNESCO blues: Whither interfaith meetings? Oct '16 Marie-Luise_J 2
More from around the web