Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 252992 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#190650 Sep 30, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Allah can do whatever it pleases Allah to do, including becoming human while remaining fully Allah. If you deny this possibility, then you are a blasphemer, because YOU ARE NOT ALLAH, yet you RESTRICT Allah's freedom to act.
Did Mohammad deny that Allah COULD become human? Is it spelled out in the Qur'an?
This is something which even Jesus did not say, Buford. He knew that God could do anything but he never believed that God could becomes a human or an animal or a worm.
bmz

Singapore

#190651 Sep 30, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
How many TRIBES were with Moses in the desert? The answer is 12. Each TRIBE reflected one of the BROTHERS; i.e., sons of Jacob. Since there are 12 Tribes, the prophet will come from one of the brethren; i.e., TRIBES. S/he can't come from all 12 tribes. No where in the Chapter does it refer to Jews. Moses was not technically a Jew. Moses was a Levite. We later find out that the prophet will be of the Tribe of Judah, seed of Jesse. Isaiah 9. Is Muhammad of the seed of Jesse?
Eric,

Moses brought out many Hebrew tribes, not just the twelve.

To which tribe did the Hebrews, who rebelled against God and Moses, God, belong to?
bmz

Singapore

#190652 Sep 30, 2013
Shamma wrote:
The I AM statements of Jesus
I Am bored of the ridiculous I Am verses.

I Am unable to accept such grammatically incorrect and absurd verses.

I Am yours Truly,
BMZ
Alex WM

London, UK

#190653 Sep 30, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Jesus even seduces women? LOL!!! Again, only a 10 year old would act this way. You honestly just have no idea how badly you embarrass yourself and you are so stupid that you actually think you are doing well. Amazing.
Stop embarrassing yourself if at all that is possible!
You are a registered moron!

Why can't BJ seduce women? Was he a FREAK?

You MUST stop "seeing" things, you fool.

Did BJ have an appendage? YES!
Did he use it to go to the toilet? YES.

What other use does that appendage have? Procreation

Why did he NOT use it?

Yes! He was chatting up the woman by the well:
- Why chase off all 12 pals to the shop without even giving them a drop of water after a long journey?
- Why talk about a woman's chastity in private?
- Why insult a woman in private about her promiscuity?
- Why check if any man is about?
- Why offer "living water"?
- What does "living water" look like?
- Where does "living water" it come from?
- Where is the pump for this warm "living tadpole water"?

BJ gave the woman a mouthful of "living water" under false pretext and BOTH seem happy!

What a naughty BJ.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#190654 Sep 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric,
To which tribe did the Hebrews, who rebelled against God and Moses, God, belong to?
Not just me even the Jews here are slapping you on your face, about that.
Alex WM

London, UK

#190655 Sep 30, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
The definition of "prophet" is quite wide.
Holy Prophet Muhammed PBUH is firstly a messenger of God.
I do not subscribe to the idea that God chose only one lot of prophets/messengers from one part of the world to convey the message to the rest of the world forever.
That will be seen as arrogance and elitism!
The ability to perform miracles and to dish out prophecies needs closer scrutiny.
Many conjurers and fake healers do a better job than the so called ancient Prophets.
In the case of "accepted" prophets, there is NO WAY you can prove who said what and if what they said did really happen or when.
I don't see any Prophet saying that something would happen and exactly when and how that something would happen!
Without wishing to challenge the authenticity of many religious books, you will find that most were written after the event claiming to predict the future.
There are claims that Prophet Muhammed prophesied many things but I am no expert in that field.
Quran is a great miracle and many things mentioned there are better than what many prophets have ever said.
@ eric correction....
I do not subscribe to the idea that God chose only one lot of prophets/messengers from one part of the world to convey the message to the EXCLUSION OF the rest of the world forever.
That will be seen as arrogance and elitism!
Alex WM

London, UK

#190656 Sep 30, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Psst the biblical Abraham existed before any place was called Judah.
agreed
Alex WM

London, UK

#190657 Sep 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
This is something which even Jesus did not say, Buford. He knew that God could do anything but he never believed that God could becomes a human or an animal or a worm.
They are not answering this either, bro:

SIN CON: Wages of SIN is DEATH?

The pagan Church in effect confirms that, Daddie god sent his (JEWISH) Sonnie god to die for the sins of (JEWISH) MEN only!

***What happens to JEWISH WOMEN?
Where is the dying JEWISH daughter god for them?

***What about GENTILE MEN? Where is the dying gentile sonnie god for them?

***What happens to GENTILE WOMEN?
Where is the dying GENTILE daughter god for them?

****Now then.. Dolphins die;
Will Daddie god send his JEWISH & GENTILE sonnie dolphin gods to die for the sins of JEWISH & GENTILE Dolphins?

****Dogs & pigs die;
Will Daddie god send his JEWISH & GENTILE sonnie dog & pig gods to die for the sins of JEWISH & GENTILE dogs & pigs?

****THIS STILL LEAVES A HUGE NUMBER OUT!

****how about cats...rats....tigers...lions. ..worms...bacteria...virus.... and everything that dies?

AH.......

Is the Pagan man worshipper TELLING US THAT BJ "DIED" FOR EVERY LIVING THING?

BUT.....

If you READ BETWEEN THE LINES....ACCORDING to the CHURCH, WOMEN HAVE NO SOULS...and in reality treated like ANIMALS...which LEADS to a valid INTERPRETATION OF THEIR MISCONCEPTION:

"DADDIE GOD SENT HIS (JEWISH) SONNIE GOD TO DIE FOR THE SINS OF (JEWISH) MEN!!!

WELL DONE CHURCH..!

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#190658 Sep 30, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>

lol..

If they reject their own brother, what chance has the cousin got?
Jesus was at least a Jew, but Muhammad was a pagan Arab.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#190659 Sep 30, 2013
The Quraish tribe is Arab not Jewish.
Alex WM

London, UK

#190660 Sep 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric,
Salaam, bro.
This is what I call the "hijack theory"!
God of heavens finally becomes a tiny god of Israel and later to become the god of Judah!

Obviously the writers used poetic license to turn everything Hebrew into everything Judah thus including all bits of Abraham (excl Ishmael), Isaac (excl. Esau) and the other 11 bits of Israel!!

One hijack after the other.

Salaams, Alex.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#190661 Sep 30, 2013
ABRAHAM DID NOT BUILD KAABA:

Kaaba was built by pagan Arabs who installed in it 360 idols including one of Allah and his 3 daughters and besides they installed in it a Shiva Linga - a phallic stone set in a vaginal ring - and held an annual pilgrimage called Okaj or Haj. Circumambulating a phallic stone, tonsuring the head, wearing seamless garments, etc, are pagan customs. None of these are Jewish customs. Some reports say that the Kaaba - a Sanskrit word meaning Shiva Temple - was constructed by Emperor Vikramaditya for Shiva worship.
Alex WM

London, UK

#190662 Sep 30, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just me even the Jews here are slapping you on your face, about that.
Of course some think that God loves only them and everything Abrahamaic is theirs excluding Ishmael and Esau.

I "think" that G-d thinks otherwise!

Don't want to discuss Eber here because there are too many clueless chaps here!
Alex WM

London, UK

#190663 Sep 30, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
You shortsighted person! LOL...

READ what I said...

They rejected Jesus their brother and Muhammed was only a cousin being a fellow semite. What chance did he have?

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#190664 Sep 30, 2013
The Brahma pedestal is in the Kaaba - another indicator of its pagan origin.
Alex WM

London, UK

#190665 Sep 30, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...
I thought Jesus was G-d!
Was G-d a Jew?

Reductio ad absurdum!

(PS: worship me because I "may" have Jewish blood in me through Cohen and Fenton. I shall deny everything. I know nothing.)

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#190666 Sep 30, 2013
The pedestal Maqam-e-Ibrahim at the center of the Kaaba is octagonal in shape. In Hinduism, the pedestal of Brahma the creator is also octagonal in shape. Here Ibrahim or I-brahm is Brahma and not Avraham (Hebrew).
Alex WM

London, UK

#190667 Sep 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I Am bored of the ridiculous I Am verses.
I Am unable to accept such grammatically incorrect and absurd verses.
I Am yours Truly,
BMZ
I AM having some tea!

I AM was very bored one day and decided to come down as a man to get murdered.

Now I AM is I WAS, who was happy as I AM!!

lol..
I AM Alex

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#190668 Sep 30, 2013
HARAM OR HARIYAM IN KAABA?

The ancient Vedic scripture Harihareswar Mahatmya mentions that Lord Vishnu's footprints are consecrated in Mecca.

An important clue to this fact is that Muslims call this holy precint Haram which is a deviation of the Sanskrit term Hariyam, i.e. the precinct of Lord Hari alias Lord Vishnu.

The relevant stanza reads:

"Ekam Padam Gayayantu
MAKKAYAANTU Dwitiyakam
Tritiyam Sthapitam
Divyam Muktyai Shuklasya Sannidhau"

The allusion is to the Vamana incarnation of Lord Vishnu whose blessed feet were consecrated at three holy sites, namely Gaya, Mecca and Shukla Teertha.

LOL.
Alex WM

London, UK

#190669 Sep 30, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
ABRAHAM DID NOT BUILD KAABA:
Kaaba was built by pagan Arabs who installed in it 360 idols including one of Allah and his 3 daughters and besides they installed in it a Shiva Linga - a phallic stone set in a vaginal ring - and held an annual pilgrimage called Okaj or Haj. Circumambulating a phallic stone, tonsuring the head, wearing seamless garments, etc, are pagan customs. None of these are Jewish customs. Some reports say that the Kaaba - a Sanskrit word meaning Shiva Temple - was constructed by Emperor Vikramaditya for Shiva worship.
Absolutely!
Vikramaditya was carrying a dead body that kept going back up a tree.
Good stories, Eh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jun 7 MUQ2 194
News If Captain Cook's ship is found, whose is it? R... Jun 1 Hostis Publicus 24
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May '16 Joel 13,168
News Giant sphere sparks debate Apr '16 Phyllis Schlafly ... 1
News Did Islam reach France 1,300 years ago? DNA and... Apr '16 Muslim Bounty Hunter 19
News Send in the archaeologists to help restore Palm... Mar '16 Ostreology 1
Stunning 2200-Year-Old Mosaics Discovered in An... Mar '16 west38 1
More from around the web