Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256291 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#189875 Sep 19, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Look if you don't want to answer, that's fine. That's your choice. But you don't make the rules. Get used to it.
<quoted text>
Why don't you just bother to read just like everyone else does? It's not difficult for most. Is it for you?
How come you lost ALL Interest in Deut. 18:18?

Some time back you were so much eager to discuss it that you would always bring it out into any topic.

Why all of a sudden, this much apathy? I am now discussing it almost word by word, sure "experts" like you can throw some light!!

Why are you forgetting our main topic and go into by lanes?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#189876 Sep 19, 2013

Deut. 18:18

This is a very clear prophesy of a prophet to come after Moses, who will be like Moses….now referring to closing verses of Deut.“No prophet like Moses has appeared again, God conversed with him face to face”(Ch 34 V 10).

And we know that the present book of Deut. Was written almost 1000 years after Moses….so all of the major and minor prophets of Biblical OT had come and gone and this prophesy was not fulfilled.

Then referring to Gospel of John Ch1 V 19-27…when Jews asked from John the Baptist “Are you “That Prophet”…” meaning prophet like Moses….shows that upto that time this “Prophet like Moses” had not appeared for Jews.

So now we have only two candidates for this prophesy, either Jesus Christ or our Prophet Mohammad (peace be on both
these messengers of Allah).

Third option that we "should wait" for another prophet Like Moss to come along is remote and fruitless.

Component parts of the Prophesy:

So let us break down this prophesy into component parts and see, who of these two persons satisfies them most:

a. He shall be a Prophet

(He shall be known and shall be famous as a Prophet. In other words being Prophet shall be His Important Quality).

b. He shall be like Moses

(In mission, in duties and in its completion and execution).

c. He shall be raised from the “brethren” of Jews.

d. God shall put His Words into the mouth of This Prophet.

e. The prophet shall only speak what God shall command him.

f. If any one does not listen to that Prophet’ message (when he is speaking in the name of God), God Himself shall call that man to account

(This is a warning, to show how Important and critical is the mission of That Prophet. No one should take it lightly).

Gospel of John and Deut 18:18:

Before we go further , let us go to Gospel of John Ch-1 verse 19-27, where Jews asked John the Baptist, THREE Distinct Questions:

A. Are you Christ?

B. Are you Elijah?

C. Are you THAT PROPHET?

They ask John the Baptist for three different and distinct personalities, Christ, Elijah and THAT PROPHET , but some how Christians see only TWO personalities here and ether the forget the third one or mix Christ and THAT PROPHET into one!!

Jews were very clear in their mind about THREE personalities, that is why they asked John again

“Why you baptize when you are neither Christ, Nor Elijah and not THAT PROPHET”?

Again our Christian friends see only TWO personalities?

Is it not strange?

In case of God when there is absolute Unity, they make 1 into Three and when there are 3 personalities, they make them into 2!!

They certainly need a lesson in basic Arithmetic!

Any Comments Please?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#189877 Sep 19, 2013
sergey ivanovich wrote:
it was not sent to the chosen PEOPLE (arabs which is what you all think we muslims are saying it was brought to change the people. at the time arabs were killig females at birth(viewing their daughters as worthless) among other evil things. islam was sent to change the arabs and the rest of the world
rabbee: you know it really is tiresome, to watch alleged as people being sent to change their people. like muhammed, hitler, stalin, obama. when it appears that alleged as people, don't change when it is sent from G-D. they only change, when it is not from G-D.

why do alleged as people, automatically reject what is from G-D. and only accept what is not, from G-D at all. the more successful the religion appears to be, the less likely it is to be true to G-D.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#189878 Sep 19, 2013
sergey ivanovich wrote:
msny americans sleep with their dogs are they animals too?
Muslims are wild evil savage dogs.
They kill innocent people.
A sleeping dog kills no one!

The religion of Muslims is based on the teachings of the pagan desert bandit Muhammad.
Their laws are based on pagan Arab tribal laws.

Muhammad used evil to gain victories and in the eyes of the pagan Muslims using evil is see as a good.
So it was Satan that guided Muhammad to his victories and Muhammad honored Satan in worship to him for his victories.
Today Muslims still use evil in killing bib-Muslims.

Location hidden

#189879 Sep 19, 2013
Correction-non-Muslims.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#189880 Sep 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
This is a very clear prophesy of a prophet to come after Moses, who will be like Moses….now referring to closing verses of Deut.“No prophet like Moses has appeared again, God conversed with him face to face”(Ch 34 V 10).
And we know that the present book of Deut. Was written almost 1000 years after Moses….so all of the major and minor prophets of Biblical OT had come and gone and this prophesy was not fulfilled.
Then referring to Gospel of John Ch1 V 19-27…when Jews asked from John the Baptist “Are you “That Prophet”…” meaning prophet like Moses….shows that upto that time this “Prophet like Moses” had not appeared for Jews.
So now we have only two candidates for this prophesy, either Jesus Christ or our Prophet Mohammad (peace be on both
Third option that we "should wait" for another prophet Like Moss to come along is remote and fruitless.
So let us break down this prophesy into component parts and see, who of these two persons satisfies them most:
a. He shall be a Prophet
(He shall be known and shall be famous as a Prophet. In other words being Prophet shall be His Important Quality).
f. If any one does not listen to that Prophet’ message (when he is speaking in the name of God), God Himself shall call that man to account
(This is a warning, to show how Important and critical is the mission of That Prophet. No one should take it lightly).
Before we go further , let us go to Gospel of John Ch-1 verse 19-27, where Jews asked John the Baptist, THREE Distinct Questions:
A. Are you Christ?
B. Are you Elijah?
C. Are you THAT PROPHET?
They ask John the Baptist for three different and distinct personalities, Christ, Elijah and THAT PROPHET , but some how Christians see only TWO personalities here and ether the forget the third one or mix Christ and THAT PROPHET into one!!
Jews were very clear in their mind about THREE personalities, that is why they asked John again
Is it not strange?
In case of God when there is absolute Unity, they make 1 into Three and when there are 3 personalities, they make them into 2!!
Any Comments Please?
rabbee: sorry don't buy it, the book of Devareem is already been given to Moshe on mt seeanee. G-D had already predicted, everything that was going to happen. and Moshe got a little frustrated, when He could not change any of it. as He now realized this, as he read this from The-Book of Devareem. and Devareem are Moshe's last words from G-D, to the multitude. and not written a thousand years later.
there shall never be any prophet, like Moshe again. unless it is actually Moshe again in TheTorah. just as there shall never be another prophet like Avraham and Sarah again, unless it is Avraham and Sarah again. each prophet has a uniqueness, here in TheTorah that cannot be duplicated. no one can take the place, of Benee Adam in The OUR IMAGE and LIKENESS of G-D. there is no replacement for TheHisSon adam after Adam. their is no replacement, for Noach.
i already know, G-D can tell me my life story before it happens. and whether G-D, foreseen it or commanded it is irrelevant at this point. since you are all, not capable of comprehending this either way.

Location hidden

#189881 Sep 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
a. He shall be a Prophet
A. Are you Christ?
B. Are you Elijah?
C. Are you THAT PROPHET?
Is it not strange?
Any Comments Please?
The Trinity Is Jewish

It not some Gentile or pagan concept that has somehow crept into our Holy Scriptures as some extreme liberalists would like to tell us? No, this was and still is a Jewish conception of God creating and dealing with His creation and His people Israel in a triune way. This quotation bears it out: Exodus 19 starts with the words, "In the third month."

This is explained by the words of Proverbs 22:20, "Have I not written to thee excellent (Hebrew, threefold) things in counsels and knowledge." On this Rabbi Joshua bar Nehemiah said that this is the Torah whose letters are threefold, alf, bet, g(i)ml, and everything is a Trinity:

The Torah is Trinitarian, for it is composed of the Torah, the Prophets, and the Writings. The Mishna (talmudical learning) is a trinity composed of Talmud (learning) halakhot (daily Jewish laws) and haggadot (historical items).

The mediator consisted of a trinity of Miriam, Moses, & Aaron. Prayers are a trinity of morning, afternoon, and evening prayers. Israel is a trinity consisting of priests, Levites and Israelites.

So Muhammad can not be the prophet in Deuteronomy.
Muhammad was just a pagan desert bandit that lied, raped, robbed, and murdered for booty and slaves.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#189882 Sep 19, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
El Cid,
You're nowhere close to being an expert on the rules of English grammar. Go, get yourself a handsome boy and a bottle of moonshine. Jesus freak.
Why must you always shit in this Forum?

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#189883 Sep 19, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>

Why must you always shit in this Forum?
You shit through your mouth, Jesus freak.

Location hidden

#189884 Sep 20, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Your brother's got caught Joe!
August 6, 2013,- 3:17 pm
6 Arab Muslim Detroiters Indicted for Running Violent Drug Gang, Used Black Kids to Push Drugs; May Be Illegal Aliens (Amnesty Candidates)That would be an excellent course for schools to teach to students.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#189885 Sep 20, 2013
Seeker wrote:
Where did he say removed her panty?
Where and when did I say that he said, Seeker?
bmz

Location hidden

#189886 Sep 20, 2013
news wrote:
Shove it, you show your phucked up attitude into your own Islamic hellhole. You got a free ticket to call other religion anything you want, when truth is told above your religion, it hurt and and your head gets hot.
You did not read my educational post. Here it is, so read it again and learn:

Nonsense! No such word in Arabic!

When you do not know Arabic, don't talk! Which ignorant fool gave you that absurd meaning?

The Arabic words in the verse are "AHSANAT-FARJAHA", and this is a phrase, which simply means
"overcome carnal desires" or "restrain carnal desires" and "keep chaste".

Here is how any sensible reader would laugh at your stupidity and that of your likes. Read this verse from Surah 23, titled the Believers (Muminoon):

Transliteration: "Waallatheena hum lifuroojihim hafithoona"

Translation by Asad: "and who are mindful of their chastity,"

So, by your silly and absurd meaning, men also have vagina, because the word Furoojihim is in there. Is it?

Does Furoojihim mean men's vaginas to you? LMAO!

I am in a charitable mood and in Jesus Mode these days. Don't ever do this again. If you do, I will ask you to do something very dirty to the Son of God.

Your sin is forgiven this time.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#189887 Sep 20, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow up, boy.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#189888 Sep 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
That only shows that you next to nothing about life of our prophet and you have a very dirty and sewer filled mouth.
Seeing you people, sometimes I think "Yes, Allah can do anything"!!
To make perfect pig out of you people!!
MUQtard,

I didn't make up the MUSLIM source material that I have quoted. It establishes what I have posted about that so-called "prophet" of yours, that he was in fact a thief, a liar, a sadistic murderer, an enslaver of women and children, and a rape enabler, if not a rapist himself. You EXCUSE such behavior that today would be prosecuted as criminal, because for you, the end, eliminating paganism and polytheism, justifies the means, no matter how savagely brutal.

Yes, "Allah can do anything," including inflicting Mohammadanism on the world's "infidels" and "disbelievers."

Go, throw stones at the devil. It's what Adam did in Mecca.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#189889 Sep 20, 2013
"The shameful part is that the Father deceived Jesus and never told him that he was going to get him killed." ~ bmz,
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189890 Sep 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
How come you lost ALL Interest in Deut. 18:18?
I lost interest in the debate itself, as you are not able to properly participate in one, and I explained exactly why. You already know what I think about 18:18 and others have said the same thing. But you think that an important part of any prophecy that cannot be met should merely be ignored. I think that if an important part cannot be met then the person cannot be the fulfillment of that prophecy, regardless of any similarities in other parts and regardless of what prophecy or person we are talking about. So there really is no point in discussing any prophecies with you at all since I think you have a completely irrational point of view in general. So I am not running, as 18:18 was actually what I did want to discuss and thought we originally were going to discuss, but it's just simply pointless having any debate about any of this if a person thinks that one can just ignore an important part that cannot be met and merely focus on what can be met. I had no idea just how irrational you were before I ever even entered into this and would have never done so had I known because I would have recognized it as a complete waste of time.

Moving on.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#189891 Sep 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
a. He shall be a Prophet
A. Are you Christ?
B. Are you Elijah?
C. Are you THAT PROPHET?
Is it not strange?
Any Comments Please?
You are happy to quote John's Gospel, except when it proves you wrong!

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

John Testifies About Jesus

1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said,“Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! 30 This is the one I meant when I said,‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ 31 I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel.”

32 Then John gave this testimony:“I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him. 33 And I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me,‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ 34 I have seen and I testify that this is God’s Chosen One.”[f]

f. John 1:34 See Isaiah 42:1; many manuscripts is the Son of God.

http://biblehub.com/isaiah/42-1.htm

Isaiah 42:1 "Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will bring justice to the nations."
bmz

Location hidden

#189892 Sep 20, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You can shove your Quran scriptures up your ass BMZ, they are worthless!

The Trinity Is Jewish

By Rachmiel Frydland
Most modern Jewish people seem to have made their "peace" with Jesus of Nazareth. Some consider Him to be a great, Jew, or even the greatest Jew who ever lived. Some of our Jewish leaders, as Dr.Heinrich Graetz and Dr. Joseph Klausner, compliment Him on His teaching. Some admire His parables and purity, as Moses Montefiore; and Some as Sholem Asch and others, even consider Him to be the Messiah of the Gentiles. Today we often meet Jewish people who acknowledge that Jesus is the Messiah for Jew and Gentile alike; and some are even willing to share these convictions with other Jewish people. What then holds such Jewish people back from joining with us and accepting Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior?
The hindrance some have expressed to the writer of this article is the reluctance to accept the fact that Jesus is supernatural. Moreover, from childhood we have been inculcated with Maimonides' Thirteen Principles one of which is:
I firmly believe that the Creator, blessed be his name, is One: that there is no oneness in any form like his; & that he alone was, is, & ever will be our God.
We have been thus brought up to think that if we believe that God is One, then this idea excludes any idea of God manifesting Himself through Jesus the Messiah. This Christian concept of God's triunity seemed to us to be a Gentile and pagan idea. NOT SO! Christians, as well as Jewish people, must believe in One God. There is no other. The God of Abraham. Isaac and Jacob is the God of the Jewish people and of the Christians. The Hebrew Scriptures of the Old Testament are authoritative for the Jew and for the Christian. In them is found the confession that
is authoritative for all of us.
Hear. O Israel. the LORD our God, the LORD IS ONE. Deuteronomy 6:4
TRIUNITY IN TANAKH (Old Testament)
While it is universally admitted by both Jews and Christians that God is One and that there is no one beside Him, we are also compelled to acknowledge that the triunity of God is clearly taught in the Torah, the Prophets, and in the Writings --- that is in the whole Tanakh, the Hebrew Scriptures of the Old Testament, & the New Testament. Not only in the Tanakh but also in the Talmudical & Rabbinical writings this concept is well known. Space does not permit us to present proofs from all the sources in this short article. Here we present just a few challenging proofs:
THE TORAH: When God (Elohim) create the world He wanted to make absolutely clear to His creation that He is not some abstract mathematical unitarian principle with no analogy in all creation, as some of our philosophers tried to present Him under Aristotelian influence. Instead we read in the holy Torah these words:
And (Elohim) said. Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:
and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle,
& over all the earth. Genesis 1:26
Shamma,

You can shove the Trinity up your arse because it is worthless. Thanks

The Jews DO NOT believe in your Trinity. They will also tell you to shove the Trinity up your arse, if you write something similar to them.
bmz

Location hidden

#189893 Sep 20, 2013
El Cid wrote:
I should note that bmz is a self-proclaimed EXPERT on Christian doctrine.
No, Buford.

I am just a critic.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189894 Sep 20, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Where and when did I say that he said, Seeker?
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TT8...

I probably should stop being hard on you and be a little more tolerant, because you aren't being dishonest, you honestly just can't even keep track of what you yourself say, let alone others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why did Vikings have 'Allah' embroidered into f... Oct 17 Grassclipper 4
Accept offer. Citizens save £2B. Oct 15 Garry Denke 1
News Did Islam reach France 1,300 years ago? DNA and... (Feb '16) Sep 29 Syriana 24
News Mystery Of How The Pyramids Were Built Has Been... Sep 26 NoGoBo 1
HELP - Searching for Archaeology Cartoon Sep '17 Kevin 1
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug '17 tongangodz 1,979
News Lost cities of the Midwest: A trek back to pre-... Jul '17 Von Zipper 7
More from around the web