Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253910 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

news

New York, NY

#189800 Sep 19, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a moron and a half.
Do you understand ANYTHING?
There is NO Judeo-Christian mentioned anywhere in gospels or by Jesus!
What is wrong with you?
READ my post and try to understand instead of talking utter rubbish.
Try again, fool:
Hey clueless moron.
There is NO Jude"o"-Christian!
To MANUFACTURE a nonsense like that you NEED permission from those who follow Judaism.
They REJECT your mangod as a liar and a false prophet.
The followers of Judaism do NOT accept your pagan mangod worshipping cult.
They call you idolators.
Why do you conveniently ignore the Jewish people who subscribe fully to monotheism and reject trinity as an abomination.
By hijacking the word "judeo", your cult cannot gain any legitimacy.
What was the religion of the man Jesus? Judaism
Did he tell anybody that he no longer wanted to be a follower of Judaism and wanted to establish a cult called Christianity?
A RESOUNDING NO!
Stop lying.
Followers of Judaism rejects you pedophile prophet Muhammad as well and you idolatory of Uzza's private part in Kaaba.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189801 Sep 19, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have a brain and understand the message of Islam it is no different to what Jesus was doing with those who were disbelievers and hypocrites.
But you are an idiot.
Quran talks about THE G-d of Adam , Noah and Abraham who is not a naked man.
The Jews believe in the same G-d and not in a naked man.
And they also believe that Muhammad was a fraud who not only stole their scriptures and hijacked them, he even leveled the charge of corruption against them so that he could rewrite them as he pleased to make new claims that allowed him to be a Prophet. Jesus never leveled the charge of corruption against the Hebrew scriptures and then rewrote them like Muhammad did.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189802 Sep 19, 2013
news wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems like you are the one lacking braincells.
Answer this first -
Are God and Allah characters considered to be "ALMIGHTY"?
(meaning they are capable to DOING ANYTHING)?
Hey moron....
I have asked simple questions for a simpleton like you:
Can you answer instead of digressing? LOL...

READ the questions!
You MUST respond to EACH of the question with a YES or NO!
Get it?
If you say YES….then prove it with EXACT chapter and verse(s)
Show us where Jesus makes DIRECT claims in the first person as follows, in the Synoptic Gospels OR EVEN GOSPEL OF JOHN, by giving us chapter/verse as proof:
1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person"
7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God”
14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)
news

New York, NY

#189803 Sep 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Spot on!
The term Judeo-Christian is absurd and rubbish. Thanks for bringing that up.
Who cares.
That is not part of religion.
It's just a modern day term liberal media came up with which is not so bad. That is being there in the Bible or not makes not difference.

Asking why that is not in the Bible, shows what kind of moronic imbecile Alex and his kind are.
news

New York, NY

#189804 Sep 19, 2013
Seeker wrote:
21:91 (Y. Ali) And (remember) her who guarded her chastity: We breathed into her of Our spirit, and We made her and her son a sign for all peoples.
66:12 (Y. Ali) And Mary the daughter of 'Imran, who guarded her chastity; and We breathed into (her body) of Our spirit;
That's right Seeker.
And the word that is used in Arabic Quran (which they translated to sugar caot) is "Fa-Ra-Jiim"

"Fa-Ra-Jiim" means vagina.

Muhammad was a dirty little pervert.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189805 Sep 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Muhammad was sent to Arabs, not Israel.
Yet when convenient, in a different discussion, you will deny that Islam was a religion for the Arabs and say that Muhammad was sent for all mankind. I'll have to mark this post number and remember it, because it's just a matter of a few weeks or so where you will be in a different discussion and contradict what you said here. The rules always changed based on what you think you need to say in a particular discussion. I've seen it many times before.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189806 Sep 19, 2013
news wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Where do I start?
English is not your mother tongue either as Seeker pointed out.
You were never a Christian, you are an Indian Muslim from Hydrabad or a Paki Muslim living off of welfare in UK.
Jesus is the only begotten son of God according to Christian Bible.
There is no biological conotation, no Christian believe or think that (unless a Christian who has no clue about his/her religion). This tells loud and clear you were never a Christian.
Since "begotten Son" means "same in Power proceeding directly from God", there is no need to define who is is daddy. Unless you are mad. Christian doctrin clearly saying Jesus is "begotten not made" and He and Father is same BECAUSE God and "Someone same in Power as He" (Son of God or divine Jesus) is SAME. There is no biological father-son relationship. You are stuck with those words.
That is because Muhammad took it exactly the way you are thinking. becaus in Quran Muahmmad said angel Gibril blew Allah's soul in Mary's chastity and thus Jesus was born under a date tree. This is false and nowhere in the Bible it says that.
Bible says Jesus was born of virgin Mary by the POWER of God (Holy Spirit).
Note: In Quran, Holy Spirit means angel Gibril.
In Bible - Holy Spirit means God himself.
Bible says "by the Power of God(Holy Spipit) Jesus was born of Mary,....
You are proving to the world that you are UNABLE to even understand a simple set of questions in ENGLISH...

I am NOT asking you to define "only begotten"!!!

TRY AGAIN...
Can you actually read and comprehend?

You are NOT paying attention. Don’t concentrate on only PART of the question.

I am NOT asking for a definition of “only begotten son of god”!!

READ the question... V-E-R-Y S-L-O-W-L-Y

B) Is BJ(biblical Jesus) "The Only Begotten Son of God" or

"The Only Begotten Son of god the father"?

Who is BJ's daddy?

God or

god the father?

Now let’s have your response!
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#189807 Sep 19, 2013
news wrote:
<quoted text>
hi bmz,
Please read the following Quran verse.
http://quran.com/21/91

And [mention] the one who guarded her chastity, so We blew into her [garment] through Our angel [Gabriel], and We made her and her son a sign for the worlds.

And also read this article by an ex-Muslim professor.
http://www.islam-watch.org/authors/68-mumin/1...
Just as most of the translations of the Bible are absurd, a few translations of Qur'aan are also very poor and bad.

The one you quoted is a very poor translation.

Look at all the translations here and see if you find the word [Garment] and angel [Gabriel]:

http://www.islamawakened.com/quran/21/91/defa...

The correct translations would go like this:

"And (remember) her who guarded her chastity: We breathed into her of Our spirit, and We made her and her son a sign for all peoples."

There is no talk of her vagina or panty or garment in the Arabic text.

The ex-Muslim professor is an idiot and an ignorant fool, fit to impress clueless fools.

Alex WM

London, UK

#189808 Sep 19, 2013
news wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares.
It's just a modern day term liberal media came up with which is not so bad. That is being there in the Bible or not makes not difference.
Asking why that is not in the Bible, shows what kind of moronic imbecile Alex and his kind are.
Good boy!
Stop using that absurd term EVER again!

Get it?

No more Judeo-Christian without written permission from followers of Judaism.

Islam has MORE right to refer to "Judeo-Islam" because majority of Jews accept that we are monotheists and that we are not idolators.

Bye bye loser.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189809 Sep 19, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
How about answering questions instead of changing the subject?
You KNOW you CAN'T answer these properly!!!
Actually, you know that you can't agree to what I asked of you before I waste my time doing so for a third time now. I know you saw what I said where I even offered to do this and I got no response from you about that. So nobody should cooperate with you when you will never cooperate with anybody else. It's not your show, it is everyone's. It's that simple.
bmz

Singapore

#189810 Sep 19, 2013
news wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares.
Neither do we care but we like to ridicule that silly term, when Christians write it. That is why I call Judeo-Christian an extremely absurd term.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189812 Sep 19, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
And they also believe that Muhammad was a fraud who not only stole their scriptures and hijacked them, he even leveled the charge of corruption against them so that he could rewrite them as he pleased to make new claims that allowed him to be a Prophet. Jesus never leveled the charge of corruption against the Hebrew scriptures and then rewrote them like Muhammad did.
Because you are into man worshipping you waste time attacking or elevating men!
We are concerned with G-d.
True monotheists such as Jews will NOT reject the LORD G-d of Adam/Noah/Abraham worshipped by Muslims.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189813 Sep 19, 2013
news wrote:
<quoted text>
Followers of Judaism rejects you pedophile prophet Muhammad as well and you idolatory of Uzza's private part in Kaaba.
Because you are into man worshipping you waste time attacking or elevating men!

We are concerned with G-d.

True monotheists such as Jews will NOT reject the LORD G-d of Adam/Noah/Abraham worshipped by Muslims.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189814 Sep 19, 2013
news wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right Seeker.
And the word that is used in Arabic Quran (which they translated to sugar caot) is "Fa-Ra-Jiim"
"Fa-Ra-Jiim" means vagina.
Muhammad was a dirty little pervert.
The words are as follows

farjahaa
66:12

lifuroojihim
23:1-2,5

furoojahum
furoojahunna
24:30-31

furoojahum
33:35

lifuroojihim
70:29
Alex WM

London, UK

#189815 Sep 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
This was also a major part of the Christian God's plan and will.
The answer is in Mark 4:
When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. He told them,“The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables so that,
“‘they may be ever seeing but never perceiving,
and ever hearing but never understanding;
otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!’”
Then Jesus said to them,“Don’t you understand this parable? How then will you understand any parable?
Looks like Thomas and Philip were not there when Jesus said that. If both were there, they would have said, "Lord, we don't know what secrets have been given to us".
Choosing dumb disciples for Jesus, was also part of God's plan.
Yes, brother....
Poor BJ is King of Babble....

How on earth do they take these story books seriously!
Alex WM

London, UK

#189816 Sep 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither do we care but we like to ridicule that silly term, when Christians write it. That is why I call Judeo-Christian an extremely absurd term.
Agreed.
They do it to claim a bit of badly needed legitimacy..and they get rejected.
Poor chaps!
Alex WM

London, UK

#189817 Sep 19, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you know that you can't agree to what I asked of you before I waste my time doing so for a third time now. I know you saw what I said where I even offered to do this and I got no response from you about that. So nobody should cooperate with you when you will never cooperate with anybody else. It's not your show, it is everyone's. It's that simple.
Agree to what?
Give me the link instead of going on and on...
If you knew the answers you would answer!
Stop diverting.,
bmz

Singapore

#189818 Sep 19, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet when convenient, in a different discussion, you will deny that Islam was a religion for the Arabs and say that Muhammad was sent for all mankind. I'll have to mark this post number and remember it, because it's just a matter of a few weeks or so where you will be in a different discussion and contradict what you said here. The rules always changed based on what you think you need to say in a particular discussion. I've seen it many times before.
I am just saying that he was not sent to Israel as a prophet and I gave the reason.

I am on record here for saying many times that Muhammad was not sent to Israel because like Jesus, he would have also been rejected by the Jews there.

That is why he was sent to Arabs. Muhammad was indeed sent for all mankind but he was not sent to the House or Children of Israel.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189819 Sep 19, 2013
news wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex,
You will never come to proper argument untill you keep thinking with our own presumption.
Jesus being "Son of God" means "Same in Power" - not BIOLOGICAL son.
Understand that sentence first. Then you replace all there phrases where you keep insting for a father-son biological relatiosnship and you will see your questions are irrelavent.
Please ackknowledge you read this and understand the Biblical notion of what Jesus being "Son of God" means first.
I can defend "the only begotten son" much better than you!
But I am on the "wrong" side now..lol.

Can you simply point out the god you worship!!!!

1. God= father of son of "GOD"
2. God= father of son of "god the father"
3. God= ghost of father of son of "GOD"
4. God= ghost of father of son of "god the father"
5. God= spirit of father of son of "GOD"
6. God= spirit of father of son of "god the father"
7. God= son of man (son of Adam)
8. God= son of man (son of David)
9. God= son of man (son of Joseph)
10. God= son of "GOD" (who encompasses god the father)
11. God= son of "god the father" (who is part of GOD)
12. God= son of god the Holy Spirit (who is part of GOD)
13. God= son of god the holy ghost (who is part of GOD)
14. God= ghost of son of man (son of Adam)
15. God= ghost of son of man (son of David)
16. God= ghost of son of man (son of Joseph)
17. God= ghost of son of "GOD"
18. God= ghost of son of "god the father"
19. God= ghost of son of "god the holy spirit"
20. God= ghost of son of "god the holy ghost"
21. God= spirit of son of man (son of Adam)
22. God= spirit of son of man (son of David)
23. God= spirit of son of man (son of Joseph)
24. God= spirit of son of "GOD"
25. God= spirit of son of "god the father"
26. God= spirit of son of "god the holy spirit"
27. God= spirit of son of "god the holy ghost"
28. God= ghost of spirit of father of son of "GOD"
29. God= ghost of spirit of father of son of "god the father"
30. God= ghost of spirit of son of man (son of Adam)
31. God= ghost of spirit of son of man (son of David)
32. God= ghost of spirit of son of man (son of Joseph)
33. God= ghost of spirit of son of "GOD"
34. God= ghost of spirit of son of "god the father"
35. God= ghost of spirit of son of god the holy spirit
36. God= ghost of spirit of son of god the holy ghost
37. God= spirit of ghost father of son of "GOD"
38. God= spirit of ghost of father of son of "god the father"
39. God= spirit of ghost of son of man (son of Adam)
40. God= spirit of ghost of son of man (son of David)
41. God= spirit of ghost of son of man (son of Joseph)
42. God= spirit of ghost of son of "GOD"
43. God= spirit of ghost of son of "god the father"
44. God= spirit of ghost of son of god the holy spirit
45. God= spirit of ghost of son of god the holy ghost
46. God= "Risen" Jesus
47. God= "Risen" son of man (son of Adam)
48. God= "Risen" son of man (son of David)
49. God= "Risen" son of man (son of Joseph)
50. God= "Risen" son of "God"
51. God= "Risen" son of "god the father"
52. God= "Risen" son of "god the holy spirit"
53. God= "Risen" son of "god the holy ghost"
54. God= "Lord" of St Paul
55. God= "Christ" of St Paul
56. God= Millions of "Jesus" in different shapes and sizes inside every "Christian" in every nation and language
57. God= Millions of "Holy Spirits" in different shapes and sizes inside every "Christian" in every nation and language
58. God= Millions of "Holy Ghosts" in different shapes and sizes inside every "Christian" in every nation and language
59. God= The Jesus in heaven sitting on his own right hand watching himself VINDICTIVELY making footstool of enemies.
60. God= ALL of the above
61. God= NONE of the above
62. God= Any more to be added to this
Alex WM

London, UK

#189820 Sep 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Spot on!
The term Judeo-Christian is absurd and rubbish. Thanks for bringing that up.
You are welcome, bro.
They desperately cling to this non existent term hoping they would look legitimate.
No chance.
Salaams

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Airport runway battle heats up in Macon (Mar '09) Aug 15 Curious 31
News Ruby Rose reveals John Wick 2 co-star Keanu Ree... Aug 14 daredevil82 2
News Archaeologists in Serbia Unearth Ancient Spells... Aug 14 srbosjek 2
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug 11 Faa Samoa 1,978
News Preservation unit under probe - Hawaii News (Aug '09) Jul 26 Georgina 45
Cities’ Identity Through Architecture and Arts ... Jul '16 moabdallah 1
News On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Unsealed (Jan '13) Jul '16 Antonia 4
More from around the web