Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256604 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

news

New York, NY

#189715 Sep 19, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, bro!
They can be called Ibn Lizard!
...and 75 pounds of stinky oily spice according to "johnny clueless"!
Just imagine the practicalities of a few weak women going over to the tomb to remove a huge stone permanently placed, so that they could strip BJ naked to apply oils/spices!!!
According to tradition they would have done everything and there was no need for second oiling!
This tells us something that the crosstians don't wish to understand or grasp!
Why didn't J of A do things that were done to a dead person?
Why did the women take the "massage"oils?
.....interesting!!!
Salaams.
You are name calling your own forefathers. Improvement, certainly...
news

New York, NY

#189716 Sep 19, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Salaams and well said, bro..
The best candidate so far is Holy Prophet Muhammed PBUH.
If they can come up with another person, let them do so!
Salaams.
There is nothing holy about Muhammad.
He was a fraud, murdereous scoundral.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189717 Sep 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
See, Seeker, I am reasoning, while you are displaying verbal gymnastics.
Let me show you something very interesting through Acts 2:
22 “Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.
23 This man was handed over to you by God’s deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross."
Why was he accusing them of getting help from the wicked men for killing Jesus, if it were God's deliberate plan?
Because that was part of God's plan. He knew that they would do this and he also thought he should let them do this. It was all part of the fulfillment. What is so hard to understand about that? Again, I guess God thinks just like you think he should.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter should have said, "Fellow Israelites, you have done a great job. Thank you very much for carrying out God's plan!"
Well it was God's will that Judas be allowed to betray Jesus. Should Peter have thanked Judas? Sometimes you logic and lack of depth is just mind boggling. And this is coming from a guy that believes that not only does Allah allow people to sin, Allah even seals their hearts himself to make sure they never see the truth and continue to sin.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189718 Sep 19, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
have you nothing decent to say, dear Shamma
Don't disingenuously call people dear when you say things like that. Just tell it like you think it is. It's really annoying when people do things like that and it doesn't make them look good at all.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#189719 Sep 19, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>

have you nothing decent to say, dear Shamma
What is decent about the Torah when Moses was such an evil man?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#189720 Sep 19, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
He never listens and he never learns, Rabbee.
Be gentle with him, Rabbee, may be he does not know what he is doing when he is under the influence of the serpent.
rabbee: i can't be gentle, with him now. i am purposely distancing myself, from him because of his blasphemy. because he wantonly choose, to distance himself from G-D. i have come as far as i can, without my distancing myself from G-D too far.

i, know where the boundary is. there are boundaries, i shall not cross. as half way between HEAVEN and hell, is already too close as is. i am not going to force anyone, to come closer to HEAVEN with me. cause that's - not love.

if they can't, come closer to G-D willingly then screw it. let them remain hated by G-D, that ought to teach me a lesson.

there is a difference between can't learn, and wantonly refusing to learn. there are only two choices, devil or Angel in the flesh. and i do not accept, fence riders either.

there is danger involved, with even trying to interface with the demon seeker. you can end up, being led further away from G-D without your realizing it.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189721 Sep 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeker and I are having some important exchanges.
They aren't important at all. It always digresses into illogical and self serving nonsense. And then, when the right things are posted to you, you simply find a way to ignore them and pretend they were never even posted to you. Or, you ignore the parts of a post you can't answer and only answer the parts you think you can, and you think everybody is supposed to forget about the parts you ignore because you can't answer them. Happens all of the time. Not just with you, but it seems to be that way with every Muslim participating on this thread. There seems to be some sort of general and weird mind block and an expectation that nobody will see that.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189722 Sep 19, 2013
news wrote:
<quoted text>
You are name calling your own forefathers. Improvement, certainly...
Try and follow TheStory, "news" instead of being naive, as your head is full of useless information.
Please explain this:
Gospel writers can be called Ibn Lizard!
Just imagine the practicalities of a few weak women going over to the tomb to remove a huge stone permanently placed, so that they could strip BJ naked to apply oils/spices!!!
According to tradition they would have done everything before placing in tomb, and there was no need for second oiling!
Why didn't J of A do things that were done to a dead person according to some Gospels?
.....interesting!!!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189723 Sep 19, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: maybe you, should no longer post to me. so as to prevent your increasing, chance of blasphemy. i do not think, you know the danger. you are trying to place, yourself in.
I do not think you know the danger of claiming to be someone that you clearly are not. Prophets of God do not forget God telling us that he will never repeat the actions he took in the story of Noah again while claiming that God has repeated all of the same exact things three times over. And Prophets of God do not become evasive when someone points this out to them. And Prophets of God do not avoid quoting exact verses from the scriptures to back their claims up when someone asks. You really have a lot of nerve. And it was you yourself that said verify, verify, verify from the Torah, and I did, and this is where I got the verses from that contradict your claims. So I even did what you yourself told me to do, and now you get angry when someone follows your advice and it doesn't work out the way you thought it would.
news

New York, NY

#189724 Sep 19, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello VERY lightweight theologian!
You don't even know the simple tests I set for you.
Just keep vomiting.
Rabbee correctly named you "demon".
Remember...you are thinking about a dead and risen clueless BJ.
I am thinking of Jesus PBUH who knew EXACTLY what he was doing.
Does that give you a clue?
Probably not...
Why don't you answer simple questions set for you instead of pretending that you know everything.
A) Why didn't BJ marry?
Before he could get married. No one knows why but not a big deal.
However what Jesus Christ did by not marrying is far better than what immoral Muhammad did by marrying 6 years old Aisha.
B)Is BJ(biblical Jesus) "The Only Begotten Son of God" or "The Only Begotten Son of god the father"?
(who is BJ's daddy? God or god the father?)
"Son of God" means "same in power". It does not mean "offspring as most Muslims think.(I must say there are many Christians also misunderstand this). Therefore God is not his biological father as you are thinking. Christians believe Jesus is "begotten" (proceeds directly from) God. No biological relationship here, where most Muslims get confused.
Show us where Jesus makes DIRECT claims in the first person as follows, in the Synoptic Gospels OR EVEN GOSPEL OF JOHN, by giving us chapter/verse as proof:
1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person" 7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God” 14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)
D) Is Jesus "fully man and fully God"?
E) Define "Trinity" in your own words.
F) Here is a further Trinity conundrum:
Where was god the father when BJ was on earth?
Where was god the ghost when BJ was on earth?
Where was god the son when BJ was on earth (this question may sound weird but there is a reason for it!)?
Where is god the father right now?
Where is god the ghost/spirit right now?
Where is god the son right now?
WHAT JOB IS THE SON DOING RIGHT NOW??
Luke 22:70
They all asked,“Are you then the Son of God?” He replied,“You say that I am.”
John 1:1
[ The Word Became Flesh ] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
John 8:24
I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.”
John 11:25
Jesus said to her,“I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;
John 11:50
You do not realize that it is better for you that one man die for the people than that the whole nation perish.”
John 12:24
Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.
John 12:32-34
32 And I, when I am lifted up[a] from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” 33 He said this to show the kind of death he was going to die.
--- there are many more -- you go and find those verses
Alex WM

London, UK

#189725 Sep 19, 2013
news wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing holy about Muhammad.
He was a fraud, murdereous scoundral.
That is your opinion.

Thanks to him I worship the Only True G-d of everything created including puny Adam, Noah, Avram, Moshe, Yehoshooah and Muhammed PBUT.

Do you worship a naked pagan on a phallus or, more realistically, a cow and serpent?
news

New York, NY

#189726 Sep 19, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Rabbee correctly named you "demon".
Remember...you are thinking about a dead and risen clueless BJ.
I am thinking of Jesus PBUH who knew EXACTLY what he was doing.
Does that give you a clue?
Probably not...
Why don't you answer simple questions set for you instead of pretending that you know everything.
A) Why didn't BJ marry?
Before he could get married. No one knows why but not a big deal.

However what Jesus Christ did by not marrying is far better than what immoral Muhammad did by marrying 6 years old Aisha.
B)Is BJ(biblical Jesus) "The Only Begotten Son of God" or "The Only Begotten Son of god the father"?
"Son of God" means "same in power". It does not mean "offspring as most Muslims think.(I must say there are many Christians also misunderstand this). Therefore God is not his biological father as you are thinking. Christians believe Jesus is "begotten" (proceeds directly from) God. No biological relationship here, where most Muslims get confused.
Show us where Jesus makes DIRECT claims in the first person as follows, in the Synoptic Gospels OR EVEN GOSPEL OF JOHN, by giving us chapter/verse as proof:
2. "I am God!"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person" 7. "I am made of sin"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God” 14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
Where was god the son when BJ was on earth (this question may sound weird but there is a reason for it!)?
Luke 22:70
They all asked,“Are you then the Son of God?” He replied,“You say that I am.”

John 1:1
[ The Word Became Flesh ] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 8:24
I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.”

John 11:25
Jesus said to her,“I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;

John 11:50
You do not realize that it is better for you that one man die for the people than that the whole nation perish.”

John 12:24
Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.

John 12:32-34

32 And I, when I am lifted up[a] from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” 33 He said this to show the kind of death he was going to die.

--- there are many more -- you go and find those verses
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#189727 Sep 19, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like it, Rabbee.
The "Christians" believe that Yeshooah has no wife because they choose to be in a different story.
rabbee: well i know that what G-D, actually came and said to me about 60 years ago. did not make any sense, to me then either. i thought THIS G-D is crazy, in the same manner you all consider me now.

but you know that G-D, telling me my life story before it happened. is eventually going to convince me, that THIS G-D, is not only very powerful but very honestly true also. with it all, happening exactly as G-D said to me.

i finally accepted i am who G-D, came and said i am. and i am not who, the world says i am. then everything G-D, had said to me began to make sense.

and once i agreed with G-D, there is no turning back for me. and after three and a half days in HEAVEN, you would not want to come back here. cause then you know, this is a real screw job down here.

this whole world - is not any where close to what we could be, with G-D truly. beware of the devils on street corners, handing out their mental lollypops.
news

New York, NY

#189728 Sep 19, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not 4 trillion forms?
Jesus NEVER said there are ONLY three ways or forms!
G-d NEVER said there are ONLY three ways or forms!
How do you God is only one piece?
Why not no piees at all?
news

New York, NY

#189729 Sep 19, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Try and follow TheStory, "news" instead of being naive, as your head is full of useless information.
Please explain this:
Gospel writers can be called Ibn Lizard!
According to tradition they would have done everything before placing in tomb, and there was no need for second oiling!
Why didn't J of A do things that were done to a dead person according to some Gospels?
.....interesting!!!
dude, bmz was saying Gospel writters were like Hadith writters, then he mentioned a laudyry list oif Hadith writers nmes, and it seems like you are calling your own Hadith writters Lizards.
Vey nice.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189730 Sep 19, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: you lost your right to deserve an answer, a long time ago. you did not accept my answers,
You never give any answers that can actually be verified from the Torah. And even in the rare occasion where you actually quote a verse, you completely twist the meaning if it. And it was you yourself that said, verify, verify, verify, from the Torah, and I did and you contradict it, and I have clearly pointed out where you have done this and you became very evasive in your answers to that. You tried to switch your statement from God destroying everything and recreating the earth, to God merely flooding the earth, which was what I said to you over and over again before you switched your story. You even suggested the stars and sun were gone, but Noah couldn't see that because there were too many clouds. That is nonsense as well because Noah still saw night and day, which means the sun was there the whole time behind the clouds.

So you clearly tried to suggest that the whole world was destroyed, even the sun and stars as well, and the re-creation of everything has now been repeated three times over, and then you switched that to the earth merely being flooded when you own story cornered you when the Torah is consulted. But no matter how you slice it Jimmie, your delusional story can never work according to the Torah.

And it doesn't matter what action God took, whether it be destroying and recreating the earth in 7 days, or merely flooding the earth, the fact of the matter is that whatever action God took in the story of Noah, he promised never to repeat that same action, and that is a fact you cannot tap dance out of. And your evasive tap dancing is a form of dishonesty. It's not my fault that you resort to this sort of behavior, it's yours. So all of you phony condemnation is to be completely ignored because it is all as phony as you yourself are, there in TheToilet.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189731 Sep 19, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
... And Prophets of God do not become evasive when someone points this out to them. And Prophets of God do not avoid quoting exact verses from the scriptures to back their claims up when someone asks..
LOL.....
BJ avoids quoting exact verses VERY often!

This deranged deluded hallucinating antisemitic islamophobic fool is demonic as pointed out by Rabbee.

When BJ babbles, "seeker" calls it parables!

When "seeker" sees no claim to divinity by Jesus in the Gospels, he "sees" these claims by reading between the lines!

Unless "Seeker" answers all these properly, we have to conclude that he is a clueless demon:

A) Why didn't BJ marry?

C)
……
If a person answers these SINCERELY, they will know that Jesus is NOT G-d.
READ the instructions carefully and answer the questions.
The instructions are very simple...
"Give YES or NO answers providing relevant chapters and verses as proof. No need for any additional comments or own interpretations"
…………………………
2. "I am God!"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189732 Sep 19, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: you condemned yourself by committing blasphemy, all i did was inform you of your doing it. i do not answer to permanent party devils, go away.
Wrong Jimmie, you are trying to threaten so that I stop pointing out your blatant errors using the Torah itself to do so, because you can't answer for your clear mistakes. But your threats are as phony as you are, whether you are sane enough to know that or not.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189733 Sep 19, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not 4 trillion forms?
Jesus NEVER said there are ONLY three ways or forms!
G-d NEVER said there are ONLY three ways or forms!
What other forms are mentioned? Maybe we should consider that. Do you think we should throw Mary in there as well like the author of the Quran mistakenly thought that Christians did? Or should we leave it at three and replace the Holy Spirit with Mary, as the Quran thought that Christians did?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189734 Sep 19, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: i can't be gentle, with him now. i am purposely distancing myself, from him because of his blasphemy. because he wantonly choose, to distance himself from G-D.
No, I wantonly distance myself from your false claims about yourself. Big difference Jimmie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blackbeard's anchor recovered off coast (May '11) Feb 24 Pretty Pharts 12
Fossilised tooth Feb '17 Navigator 1
News 700-year-old poop found, still reeks (Apr '14) Feb '17 Ancient Phart 27
News Aglukkaq re-announces Franklin Centre for Gjoa ... Feb '17 stand on guard 4 ... 1
News The struggle to preserve Gaza's treasures (Feb '11) Jan '17 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 2
Ark of the Covenant @ Stonehenge Jan '17 Wally Hope 4
News Obama names Utah, Nevada monuments despite oppo... Dec '16 Off Topic 5
More from around the web