Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253486 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189660 Sep 19, 2013
El Cid wrote:
"The shameful part is that the Father deceived Jesus and never told him that he was going to get him killed." ~ bmz, a.k.a., No Nails
The weird part about BMZ saying this is that he still completely ignores the verses where Jesus knew well in advance he was going to die and be raised to life again, and he even called Peter a stumbling block to God's will for not wanting this to happen. BMZ just floats over parts that don't meet his story. I don't know how he does that, but it's really weird. Or, he carefully omits part of a verse it if doesn't say what he wants because I guess that God would only say or do what he wants God to say or do. And he sees absolutely no problem with this self serving logic. That has to be the weirdest part. He doesn't even understand the word objectivity.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189661 Sep 19, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Bye, going shopping for condoms.
(wink wink wink)
Why don't you just surround it with an energy field?
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#189663 Sep 19, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand the first parts from a logical perspective, but why can't God be manifested in three different ways or forms?
First complete that "Prophesy" discussion, before we discuss other subjects.

Leave this to some one else.

I do not carry two discussions with same person on the same thread. Why not pick up a different name and be hidden from public eyes?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#189664 Sep 19, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
The Father deceived Jesus, and yet Jesus was a sacred prophet and God never makes mistakes. I get it now. What a twisted bunch you people are.
I responded to news' post # 189600 on page 8955 in which news wrote:

"Then the Quran says - Allah is the best deceiever (plotter)!!!!"

That is how I ridicule an unintelligent remark and hammer back, when I see such ridiculous remarks coming from a hardcore polemic Christian. You should not feel upset and bad.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#189665 Sep 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Allah cannot tell a lie.
Bukhari:V4B52N270 "Allah's Messenger said,'Who is ready to kill Ashraf? He has said injurious things about Allah and His Apostle.' Maslama got up saying,'Would you like me to kill him?' The Prophet proclaimed,'Yes.' Maslama said,'Then allow me to lie so that I will be able to deceive him.' Muhammad said,'You may do so.'"

I get it! Allah cannot lie, but CAN direct his "Messenger" to instruct others to lie on Allah's behalf!

Plausible deniability? Nope, not when "Allah and His Apostle" are essentially of one mind.(Qur'an 33:36 "No Muslim has any choice after Allah and His Apostle have decided a matter.")

Ergo, MUQ is a liar.
bmz

Singapore

#189666 Sep 19, 2013
El Cid wrote:
"The shameful part is that the Father deceived Jesus and never told him that he was going to get him killed." ~ bmz, a.k.a., No Nails
Just had the pleasure to post the following note to Seeker. Here it is once again for your reading pleasure:

"I responded to news' post # 189600 on page 8955 in which news wrote:

"Then the Quran says - Allah is the best deceiever (plotter)!!!!"

That is how I ridicule an unintelligent remark and hammer back, when I see such ridiculous remarks coming from a hardcore polemic Christian. You should not feel upset and bad."

End of this story.

PS:

If the Father had said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. I am going to get him killed and will raise him after three days", then we cannot accuse the Father of deceiving Jesus.

But the point is that the Father never said anything like that.

Even a robber or a murderer after committing a crime, would display exactly similar feelings, minus resurrection.
bmz

Singapore

#189667 Sep 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Muslims are dying in their sins.
Muslims believe Muhammad is greater than God.
Muhammad the desert bandit says kill kill kill for the cause of Allah.
Muhammad and his Quran promotes insanity in the mind of Muslims!
Off-topic again. I had written:

"Look! The Father deceived Jesus, so do not try to deceive me.

If he had been heard by the Father, he should have been saved before his alleged death."
Alex WM

London, UK

#189668 Sep 19, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Bye, going shopping for condoms.
(wink wink wink)
What would BJ say? lol
bmz

Singapore

#189669 Sep 19, 2013
news wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Jesus because he was from Isralites (one who worshipped God of Jacob(Yakub)).
It was not Muhammad because Muhammad and his family used to worship idols.
That verse says from within Israelites (people who worship God of Abraham).
Therefore that propehcy is not about Muhammad.
It was definitely not Jesus. Jesus was not like Moses.

Moses was fathered by a man, while Jesus was not.

Moses' father had married his father's sister but Mary was not married.

Case closed!
Alex WM

London, UK

#189670 Sep 19, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Bukhari:V4B52N270 "Allah's Messenger said,'Who is ready to kill Ashraf? He has said injurious things about Allah and His Apostle.' Maslama got up saying,'Would you like me to kill him?' The Prophet proclaimed,'Yes.' Maslama said,'Then allow me to lie so that I will be able to deceive him.' Muhammad said,'You may do so.'"
I get it! Allah cannot lie, but CAN direct his "Messenger" to instruct others to lie on Allah's behalf!
Plausible deniability? Nope, not when "Allah and His Apostle" are essentially of one mind.(Qur'an 33:36 "No Muslim has any choice after Allah and His Apostle have decided a matter.")
Ergo, MUQ is a liar.
Bukhari is bigger than Allah according to this uneducated woodworker.
Why don't you worship Bukhari?

Instead of lying day after day why don't you answer my question using your brain instead of your ass?

Why didn't BJ marry?

Your answers were unsubstantiated and inadequate.

All of us know we are going to die.
BJ was 34 and by that time the majority of men married, had children and died during those days when average life expectancy was 30 to 39 years.

So why didn't BJ marry?
Was he a FREAK?
Did G-d tell him not to marry?

Or He DID marry being a normal HOT BLOODED Jewish man and the wicked liars deleted 29 years off his life?

Lies upon lies.
Not a SINGLE "Christian" has the balls to answer this question...

Why didn't BJ marry?
Alex WM

London, UK

#189671 Sep 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It was definitely not Jesus. Jesus was not like Moses.
Moses was fathered by a man, while Jesus was not.
Moses' father had married his father's sister but Mary was not married.
Case closed!
Correct!
Either BJ was the son of Joseph and Mary or he was "son" of naughty daddie god and Mary!
Was daddie god a MAN?
Crosstians lie loads and get themselves over a barrel!!!!!!!

Yes, case closed.
bmz

Singapore

#189672 Sep 19, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Idiot,
You understand NOTHING about either Christianity OR Islam!
http://quran.com/4/157
And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.
IOW, you complete IDIOT,
"Allah" provided a "substitute."
What is wrong with your brain?
What about this translation?

"and their boast, "Behold, we have slain the Christ Jesus, son of Mary,[who claimed to be] an apostle of God!" However, they did not slay him, and neither did they crucify him, but it only seemed to them [as if it had been] so; and, verily, those who hold conflicting views thereon are indeed confused, having no [real] knowledge thereof, and following mere conjecture. For, of a certainty, they did not slay him:"

Also, there is nothing in the Arabic verse to show a replacement or a substitute.

I have studied the gospels thorougly and I can say that either Simon was lumbered up along with the cross or Jesus Barabbas was crucified. I also suspect that both men must have looked like Jesus and the people thought they were crucifying jesus but Jesus hid and slipped away.

Also, note that the man on the cross had said, "Woman! look at your son. And son! Look at your mother!" Jesus never called John either son or his son. This shows that the man on the cross was not brother Jesus. This is supported by the fact that the 'son' never went along with the 'mother' to the tomb. John ran only when Mary Magdalene told about the empty tomb.

You have to think outside the Bible box, Buford.
bmz

Singapore

#189673 Sep 19, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct!
Either BJ was the son of Joseph and Mary or he was "son" of naughty daddie god and Mary!
Was daddie god a MAN?
Crosstians lie loads and get themselves over a barrel!!!!!!!
Yes, case closed.
Thanks, bro.

The excuse may come up saying that Joseph was the adopted father of Jesus. Jesus adopted no one as a father. lol!

Christians have o stop thinking God is a man or looks like a man.
bmz

Singapore

#189674 Sep 19, 2013
El Cid wrote:
Why would the Father get Jesus killed?

What purpose would this serve?
Great questions. Would you now care to answer that as a Christian, when it is Christianity that says Jesus was sent to die and that was his mission.

Are you reading all the posts or not?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189675 Sep 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, bro.
The excuse may come up saying that Joseph was the adopted father of Jesus. Jesus adopted no one as a father. lol!
First of all, it would be Joseph adopting Jesus. Second of all, can you quote the verses that say what you say? Seems to me that Joseph was considered his father, and seeing as Jesus had no earthly father, that would mean he was his adopted father. Maybe I forget some verses that make you arrive at your conclusion.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189676 Sep 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Great questions. Would you now care to answer that as a Christian, when it is Christianity that says Jesus was sent to die and that was his mission.
Are you reading all the posts or not?
How is it that you don't answer my post where I pointed out that it said that Jesus opened their minds so that they could understand the scriptures? Does that merely mean that he opened the scriptures, or does it mean that he opened up the real meanings behind them that they did not see before? What does it mean to you?
Alex WM

London, UK

#189677 Sep 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

If the Father had said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. I am going to get him killed and will raise him after three days", then we cannot accuse the Father of deceiving Jesus.
But the point is that the Father never said anything like that.
Even a robber or a murderer after committing a crime, would display exactly similar feelings, minus resurrection.
Joseph took HIS SON BJ for a good wash in river jordan after BJ returned from many years of wandering smelling like a hippie gone wrong.
BJ was given a good wash by John after he noticed a dove descending on BJ's matted hair mistaking it to be an old nest.

After a good few dunking Joseph who was standing on a hill top said " this is my son...whom I love..." etc and took him home to feed him.

Who heard G-d speak and in what language? LOL.

Lies upon lies.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189678 Sep 19, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I forgot about that one.
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Ergo, MUQ is a liar.
I wouldn't call it lying per say, he just has an uncanny ability to see what he wants and ignore what he doesn't want to see. Objectivity and consistency are very difficult concepts for most Muslims to understand. Nobody has ever taught them these concepts, they they just form things into whatever they need them to be without even giving it a second thought.
bmz

Singapore

#189679 Sep 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are insane BMZ!
You need a Savior BMZ!
And only God can save you, and that is why Jesus died on the cross to save sinners from the fires of hell.
But Muslims reject Gods saving grace.
You don't get it Muslims one sin against God sends you to the fires of hell Muslim!
Your good deeds don't take away Gods wrath against your sins.
You were created in the image of God to do good deeds so your good deeds does not take away Gods wrath against the sin you commit.
You are punished for your sins.
You are an insane idiot Muslim!
Does the good deeds of a thief stop the thief from being punished when the thief is caught?
the answer is NO!
That one sin of stealing wipes out all his good deeds he is punished for that one sin of stealing.
Jesus was sent by God His Father to pay the punishment for that one sin so that your good deeds can be accounted to you as righteousness.
With out you accepting Jesus as your savior you have no one to save you from being punished for that one sin, and only God knows how many sins you commit in your life.
Your belief in the teachings of Muhammad is insanity!
That is why you need Jesus Christ as your Savior.
The good LORD said repeatedly and in all integrity through Isaiah:

"I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God."

"And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me."

"Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other."

"By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked:
Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear"

So, your Jesus, who could not save himself, is not a savior.

The LORD is the Savior and in the LORD I put my trust and expect to be saved.

I don't need Jesus to save me and I am sure Jesus cannot save anyone because the LORD said the only he saves.

The verses that I have quoted, clearly debunks and dismantles the myth and the false belief that Jesus is the Savior. Don't bet on the Wrong Horse.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189680 Sep 19, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Joseph took HIS SON BJ for a good wash in river jordan after BJ returned from many years of wandering smelling like a hippie gone wrong.
BJ was given a good wash by John after he noticed a dove descending on BJ's matted hair mistaking it to be an old nest.
After a good few dunking Joseph who was standing on a hill top said " this is my son...whom I love..." etc and took him home to feed him.
Who heard G-d speak and in what language? LOL.
Lies upon lies.
Speaking of lies, I don't remember where it says that Joseph took Jesus to be baptized. Maybe I missed the verse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CitiesÂ’ Identity Through Architecture and Arts ... Jul 23 moabdallah 1
News On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Unsealed (Jan '13) Jul 23 Antonia 4
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Jul 5 Silencer 1,974
News Ruby Rose reveals John Wick 2 co-star Keanu Ree... Jul 4 Anna Romanovskaja 1
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jun '16 MUQ2 194
News If Captain Cook's ship is found, whose is it? R... Jun '16 Hostis Publicus 24
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May '16 Joel 13,168
More from around the web