Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256288 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189651 Sep 19, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: i gave to you, an answer you do not like. because it is not what you, want to hear in your vain demonism. your no longer eligible, for Angelic status. you are a waste of, your own demonic time.
The only answer you ever gave me to this problem is the same kind of answer you just gave above. You never answer the problem, you just condemn me instead. So I can't be more certain that you recognize the problem and how your ideas contradict where the Torah says God will never repeat the actions he took in the story of Noah. So you get angry and condemn instead. That's not going to make the problem go away. It's not my fault that you made this mistake.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189652 Sep 19, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: why are you sounding, more an more like the demonic seeker? are you also about to, commit blasphemy against RUACH HAKODESH also? if i were you, i would back away from that line of profane thought.
You know what? It's one thing to be a lunatic, but I'm pretty sick and tired of having to listen to you pretend you have the authority to condemn ANYBODY, when you have no such thing.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#189653 Sep 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The meaning is the same MUQ.
Allah has all power over every thing, translated means Allah is able to do all things.
No Allah has power over all things does NOT mean Allah can do every thing!!

Allah cannot tell a lie, Allah cannot do injustice, Allah cannot die, Allah cannot create another Allah, Allah cannot divide Himself into Three Persons....

You have a very wrong understanding of this verse and that is why Paul is able to pour anything into your minds and you just drink it.

Do not say anything about Allah, from your own self.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189654 Sep 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah cannot tell a lie, Allah cannot do injustice, Allah cannot die, Allah cannot create another Allah, Allah cannot divide Himself into Three Persons....
I can understand the first parts from a logical perspective, but why can't God be manifested in three different ways or forms?

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#189655 Sep 19, 2013
Ya Ma.

(smiles)
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189656 Sep 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah cannot tell a lie,
Well that depends on whether someone considers purposefully hiding the truth or making sure someone can't see the truth by putting a veil over them or sealing their heart to be lying or not. There IS a thing called lying by omission. It's considered an indirect form of lying. So I guess it depends on how someone defines lying.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#189657 Sep 19, 2013
Bye, going shopping for condoms.

(wink wink wink)
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#189658 Sep 19, 2013
"The shameful part is that the Father deceived Jesus and never told him that he was going to get him killed." ~ bmz, a.k.a., No Nails
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189659 Sep 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah cannot tell a lie,
Would fooling everybody by replacing Jesus on the cross with an imposter be considered a lie?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189660 Sep 19, 2013
El Cid wrote:
"The shameful part is that the Father deceived Jesus and never told him that he was going to get him killed." ~ bmz, a.k.a., No Nails
The weird part about BMZ saying this is that he still completely ignores the verses where Jesus knew well in advance he was going to die and be raised to life again, and he even called Peter a stumbling block to God's will for not wanting this to happen. BMZ just floats over parts that don't meet his story. I don't know how he does that, but it's really weird. Or, he carefully omits part of a verse it if doesn't say what he wants because I guess that God would only say or do what he wants God to say or do. And he sees absolutely no problem with this self serving logic. That has to be the weirdest part. He doesn't even understand the word objectivity.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189661 Sep 19, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
(wink wink wink)
Why don't you just surround it with an energy field?
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#189663 Sep 19, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand the first parts from a logical perspective, but why can't God be manifested in three different ways or forms?
First complete that "Prophesy" discussion, before we discuss other subjects.

Leave this to some one else.

I do not carry two discussions with same person on the same thread. Why not pick up a different name and be hidden from public eyes?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#189664 Sep 19, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
The Father deceived Jesus, and yet Jesus was a sacred prophet and God never makes mistakes. I get it now. What a twisted bunch you people are.
I responded to news' post # 189600 on page 8955 in which news wrote:

"Then the Quran says - Allah is the best deceiever (plotter)!!!!"

That is how I ridicule an unintelligent remark and hammer back, when I see such ridiculous remarks coming from a hardcore polemic Christian. You should not feel upset and bad.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#189665 Sep 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Allah cannot tell a lie.
Bukhari:V4B52N270 "Allah's Messenger said,'Who is ready to kill Ashraf? He has said injurious things about Allah and His Apostle.' Maslama got up saying,'Would you like me to kill him?' The Prophet proclaimed,'Yes.' Maslama said,'Then allow me to lie so that I will be able to deceive him.' Muhammad said,'You may do so.'"

I get it! Allah cannot lie, but CAN direct his "Messenger" to instruct others to lie on Allah's behalf!

Plausible deniability? Nope, not when "Allah and His Apostle" are essentially of one mind.(Qur'an 33:36 "No Muslim has any choice after Allah and His Apostle have decided a matter.")

Ergo, MUQ is a liar.
bmz

Location hidden

#189666 Sep 19, 2013
El Cid wrote:
Just had the pleasure to post the following note to Seeker. Here it is once again for your reading pleasure:

"I responded to news' post # 189600 on page 8955 in which news wrote:

"Then the Quran says - Allah is the best deceiever (plotter)!!!!"

That is how I ridicule an unintelligent remark and hammer back, when I see such ridiculous remarks coming from a hardcore polemic Christian. You should not feel upset and bad."

End of this story.

PS:

If the Father had said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. I am going to get him killed and will raise him after three days", then we cannot accuse the Father of deceiving Jesus.

But the point is that the Father never said anything like that.

Even a robber or a murderer after committing a crime, would display exactly similar feelings, minus resurrection.
bmz

Location hidden

#189667 Sep 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Muslims are dying in their sins.
Muslims believe Muhammad is greater than God.
Muhammad the desert bandit says kill kill kill for the cause of Allah.
Muhammad and his Quran promotes insanity in the mind of Muslims!
Off-topic again. I had written:

"Look! The Father deceived Jesus, so do not try to deceive me.

If he had been heard by the Father, he should have been saved before his alleged death."
Alex WM

London, UK

#189668 Sep 19, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
(wink wink wink)
What would BJ say? lol
bmz

Location hidden

#189669 Sep 19, 2013
news wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Jesus because he was from Isralites (one who worshipped God of Jacob(Yakub)).
It was not Muhammad because Muhammad and his family used to worship idols.
That verse says from within Israelites (people who worship God of Abraham).
Therefore that propehcy is not about Muhammad.
It was definitely not Jesus. Jesus was not like Moses.

Moses was fathered by a man, while Jesus was not.

Moses' father had married his father's sister but Mary was not married.

Case closed!
Alex WM

London, UK

#189670 Sep 19, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Bukhari:V4B52N270 "Allah's Messenger said,'Who is ready to kill Ashraf? He has said injurious things about Allah and His Apostle.' Maslama got up saying,'Would you like me to kill him?' The Prophet proclaimed,'Yes.' Maslama said,'Then allow me to lie so that I will be able to deceive him.' Muhammad said,'You may do so.'"
I get it! Allah cannot lie, but CAN direct his "Messenger" to instruct others to lie on Allah's behalf!
Plausible deniability? Nope, not when "Allah and His Apostle" are essentially of one mind.(Qur'an 33:36 "No Muslim has any choice after Allah and His Apostle have decided a matter.")
Ergo, MUQ is a liar.
Bukhari is bigger than Allah according to this uneducated woodworker.
Why don't you worship Bukhari?

Instead of lying day after day why don't you answer my question using your brain instead of your ass?

Why didn't BJ marry?

Your answers were unsubstantiated and inadequate.

All of us know we are going to die.
BJ was 34 and by that time the majority of men married, had children and died during those days when average life expectancy was 30 to 39 years.

So why didn't BJ marry?
Was he a FREAK?
Did G-d tell him not to marry?

Or He DID marry being a normal HOT BLOODED Jewish man and the wicked liars deleted 29 years off his life?

Lies upon lies.
Not a SINGLE "Christian" has the balls to answer this question...

Why didn't BJ marry?
Alex WM

London, UK

#189671 Sep 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It was definitely not Jesus. Jesus was not like Moses.
Moses was fathered by a man, while Jesus was not.
Moses' father had married his father's sister but Mary was not married.
Case closed!
Correct!
Either BJ was the son of Joseph and Mary or he was "son" of naughty daddie god and Mary!
Was daddie god a MAN?
Crosstians lie loads and get themselves over a barrel!!!!!!!

Yes, case closed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug 9 tongangodz 1,979
News Lost cities of the Midwest: A trek back to pre-... Jul 28 Von Zipper 7
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul '17 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul '17 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul '17 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun '17 spydie 35
News Volunteers wanted to join community archaeologi... Jun '17 dig 1
More from around the web