Who Is Allah?

There are 20 comments on the Aug 24, 2007, The Brussels Journal story titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex WM

London, UK

#189503 Sep 17, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well maybe you are right. Calling everybody else except for himself nothing but mere talking critters that are wrong about everything is pretty decent. Calling all the rest of the world 100% wrong and him 100% right is pretty decent, even if he has zero authority to do that and zero substantiation for his claim. Not only condemning posters here but also condemning their families as well to hell or complete non forgiveness is pretty decent. I guess you missed that part where he did that. Basically, anybody who doesn't believe him and dares to question his stories is condemned, and not only are they condemned, even their family is as well. It really takes a lot of nerve for someone to speak like that. He can have whatever delusions he wants, but he continually crosses the line.
I hope God is forgiving of sincere mental illness because I really never wish punishment on anybody, but sometimes he doesn't even believe certain things that he says. For example, he knows that people did not see him glow blue and say that they want what he has. If anybody ever saw something like that, they would immediately see him as incredibly special and would follow him around and you wouldn't even see him here on topix desperately trying to get people to listen to him and believe his claims.
So maybe he believes that most of what he says is true, maybe not. I really can't even be sure of that much. It's hard to say when someone has an acute mental disorder, possibly even megalomania, but probably bipolar disorder at least. It's hard to predict what they are willing to do. But I know he lied when he said that people saw him glowing blue, so there is a desperation on his part to get people to believe him, even if he has to make up a lie or two. That's a classic symptom of megalomania. They make up claims of grandeur for themselves, but that isn't good enough. They need to suck others into it and believe them as well and often they are willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish that.
You have a habit of irritating everybody.
I am sure you are struggling to find and keep friends where you live.
So you come here to annoy the hell out of others.
Rabbee has a right to his views.
Why keep telling him to shut up or insult him?
You are describing yourself in your posts and you can't even see it.
You are desperate to show others that you know everything...but we all know that you know very little.
Stop insulting Rabbee.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#189504 Sep 17, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that, Eric.
Jesus I am sure was a normal hot blooded male.
There was NO reason whatsoever for him to remain celibate.
Those who promoted a "mangod" decided to wipe off the MAN'S 29 years from records but ended up making him look like a freak.
As usual they made mistakes upon mistakes to cover up their lies upon lies.
Why else would Magda take oils/spices to rub on a body? This is na intimate act.
That was the job of men and they would have anointed the body before sealing it in the tomb!
Magda in my view went there knowing full well that BJ was wounded but alive.
She would have rubbed spices/oils on wounds so the man could gain strength to run away!
Mark 16:2 and 16:3 are comical!
Islam is a man made religion run by men that dictate the terms of belonging to that religion.

Muslims follow the desert bandit Muhammad.
Muhammad taught Muslims how to live their lives as bandits.
God does mot exist in the Muhammad's religion.

Like all bandits organizations Muslims must kill people to keep their
religion from falling apart.
Muhammad's Quran Alex promotes insanity in the mind of Muslims.
You are an example of the insanity that Muhammad's Quran promotes in the mind of Muslims.

Christianity is not a religion!
Christianity is a personal relationship with God.

It is God that lives in the heart and mind of Christians.
And it is God who speaks and guides us through our moral conscience.

God presents Himself to us through the 7 Holy Sacraments of His Holy Church.

Baptism
For Catholics, the Sacrament of Baptism is the first step in a lifelong journey of commitment and discipleship. Whether we are baptized as infants or adults, Baptism is the Church's way of celebrating and enacting the embrace of God.

Eucharist
Catholics believe the Eucharist, or Communion, is both a sacrifice and a meal. We believe in the real presence of Jesus, who died for our sins. As we receive Christ's Body and Blood, we also are nourished spiritually and brought closer to God.

Reconciliation
The Catholic Sacrament of Reconciliation (also known as Penance, or Penance and Reconciliation) has three elements: conversion, confession and celebration. In it we find God's unconditional forgiveness; as a result we are called to forgive others.

Confirmation
Confirmation is a Catholic Sacrament of mature Christian commitment and a deepening of baptismal gifts. It is one of the three Sacraments of Initiation for Catholics. It is most often associated with the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Marriage
For Catholics, the Sacrament of Marriage, or Holy Matrimony, is a public sign that one gives oneself totally to this other person. It is also a public statement about God: the loving union of husband and wife speaks of family values and also God's values.

Holy Orders
In the Sacrament of Holy Orders, or Ordination, the priest being ordained vows to lead other Catholics by bringing them the sacraments (especially the Eucharist), by proclaiming the Gospel, and by providing other means to holiness.

Anointing of the Sick
The Catholic Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick, formerly known as Last Rites or Extreme Unction, is a ritual of healing appropriate not only for physical but also for mental and spiritual sickness.

These Sacraments are an inter actions with the living God.
God is always present in the life of Christians.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#189505 Sep 17, 2013
Eric wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/he adlines/2012/09/was-jesus-marr ied-ancient-papyrus-mentions-h is-wife/
small fragment of faded papyrus contains a suggestion that Jesus may have been married.
The fragment, with just eight lines of text on the front and six lines on the back, is from a fourth-century dialogue, written in the Coptic language, between Jesus and his disciples. In it, Jesus speaks of “my wife,” according to Harvard professor Karen L. King, who discovered the fragment.
“The most exciting line in the whole fragment…is the sentence ‘Jesus said to them [his disciples], my wife…” King said in a video posted to Harvard’s YouTube channel. The next line of text reads,“She will be able to be my disciple.”
“This is the only extant ancient text which explicitly portrays Jesus as referring to a wife,”
I can believe that. According to the Gospel of Philip, it is believed that Jesus used to kiss Mary Magdalene and the disciples did not like that and grumbled.

There is a hint in Luke 8:

"8 After this, Jesus traveled about from one town and village to another, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom of God.

The Twelve were with him, 2 and also some women who had been cured of evil spirits and diseases: Mary (called Magdalene) from whom seven demons had come out; 3 Joanna the wife of Chuza, the manager of Herod’s household; Susanna; and many others.

These women were helping to support them out of their own means."
bmz

Singapore

#189506 Sep 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
True that. It is a cult.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#189507 Sep 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex is right.
Alex is right because?
Alex WM

London, UK

#189508 Sep 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
2 and also some women who had been cured of evil spirits and diseases: Mary (called Magdalene) from whom seven demons had come out; ..........

These women were helping to support them out of their own means."
Quite interesting, bro.
I have already pointed out how naked BJ (he wasn't wearing a shroud , was he?)whacked 7 demons out of Magda in Mark's made up verses.

But the wording is quite vague in 16:9 which obviously contradicts with 16:8.

Let's find out what these 7 demons are.
Do they have a name?
Why 7?
Alex WM

London, UK

#189509 Sep 17, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant to and he did respond. The ironic part is that every single thing that I said in that post could actually be applied to either of you.
Interesting!
We also think that all the insults you hurl on others apply to you!
Alex WM

London, UK

#189510 Sep 17, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex is right because?
Because "you no speaka the englishi lingo mi buddie buds!! lol"

BMZ clearly pointed out that you fail to come up with the goods.
You were quick to point out that we did not understand YOUR holy and precious trinity.

So....we have been asking you to explain it so even a 3rd grader can understand.

You have YET to explain it!

Please do so now.
We are all waiting for your expert opinion on the holy precious trinity.
bmz

Singapore

#189511 Sep 17, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex is right because?
Another question?

Didn't you read my post in full?

Alex is right.

You ask questions but when asked, you neither answer nor do you you explain.

When will you be explaining Trinity, which you claim to understand easily, in your own words?

It is time you explained.

How long will you keep us in suspense? Does this sentence ring a loud bell?

And don't say, "I have already told you!", when you have not.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189512 Sep 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Another question?
Didn't you read my post in full?
Alex is right.
You ask questions but when asked, you neither answer nor do you you explain.
When will you be explaining Trinity, which you claim to understand easily, in your own words?
It is time you explained.
How long will you keep us in suspense? Does this sentence ring a loud bell?
And don't say, "I have already told you!", when you have not.
LOL!
Non English speaking Stephanie is trying hard to look smart.
Let's give her "E" for effort!
Alex WM

London, UK

#189513 Sep 17, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
And you pick dingle berries. Go look it up.
No need!
You are the little girlie boy who NEEDS to look it up.
Keep your tiny frankfurter clean, boy.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#189514 Sep 17, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You were quick to point out that we did not understand YOUR holy and precious trinity.
So....we have been asking you to explain it so even a 3rd grader can understand.
Please do so now.
I already have explained the Trinity in the past but two dunces like you didn't get it, and so it's pretty much useless to repeat myself to people who are deaf or incapable to understand elementary things. I saw that a lot of posters love to talk about arguments yet discussed in the past like if we never discussed before. That's a sympton of something.

I conclude that you have made an affermation of your ass, as always.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189515 Sep 17, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
And you pick dingle berries. Go look it up.
Ask for a bit of winkle picking.
go look it up
george whyte

Immingham, UK

#189516 Sep 17, 2013
The Islamic Scam

http://www.rightsidenews.com/2013091633203/ed...

interesting read
Alex WM

London, UK

#189517 Sep 17, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
That would obviously be what it would take in your case. I don't know if anybody is that talented.
Why don't you imagine that you are explaining it to a subnormal...
ie: YOU!

What is a Trinity....explain it in your own words?

Location hidden

#189518 Sep 17, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Please do so now.
Islam is a man made religion run by men that dictate the terms of belonging to that religion.

Muslims rely on the teachings of the pagan desert bandit Muhammad for your truths.

This is the future Muslims are promoting as the religion of God for the world on this link.

Muslims demand people must die so that their God can rule the world.
That is not the religion of God, that is the religion of blood thirsty demonized men seeking power and control over God.

Muslims are the living evidence that Muhammad's Quran promotes insanity in the mind of Muslims.

Christianity is a personal relationship with God.

It is God that lives in the heart and mind of Christians.
And it is God who speaks and guides us through our moral conscience.

God presents Himself to us through the 7 Holy Sacraments of His Holy Church.

Baptism
For Catholics, the Sacrament of Baptism is the first step in a lifelong journey of commitment and discipleship. Whether we are baptized as infants or adults, Baptism is the Church's way of celebrating and enacting the embrace of God.

Eucharist
Catholics believe the Eucharist, or Communion, is both a sacrifice and a meal. We believe in the real presence of Jesus, who died for our sins. As we receive Christ's Body and Blood, we also are nourished spiritually and brought closer to God.

Reconciliation
The Catholic Sacrament of Reconciliation (also known as Penance, or Penance and Reconciliation) has three elements: conversion, confession and celebration. In it we find God's unconditional forgiveness; as a result we are called to forgive others.

Confirmation
Confirmation is a Catholic Sacrament of mature Christian commitment and a deepening of baptismal gifts. It is one of the three Sacraments of Initiation for Catholics. It is most often associated with the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Marriage
For Catholics, the Sacrament of Marriage, or Holy Matrimony, is a public sign that one gives oneself totally to this other person. It is also a public statement about God: the loving union of husband and wife speaks of family values and also God's values.

Holy Orders
In the Sacrament of Holy Orders, or Ordination, the priest being ordained vows to lead other Catholics by bringing them the sacraments (especially the Eucharist), by proclaiming the Gospel, and by providing other means to holiness.

Anointing of the Sick
The Catholic Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick, formerly known as Last Rites or Extreme Unction, is a ritual of healing appropriate not only for physical but also for mental and spiritual sickness.

These Sacraments are an inter actions with the living God.
God is always present in the life of Christians.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189519 Sep 17, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I already have explained the Trinity in the past but two dunces like you didn't get it, and so it's pretty much useless to repeat myself to people who are deaf or incapable to understand elementary things. I saw that a lot of posters love to talk about arguments yet discussed in the past like if we never discussed before. That's a sympton of something.
You are a lying Catholic.
If you have any balls you will explain it here for MANY more to see.
Go for it pizza girl.

We are waiting for your "elementary things explanation" of the holy trinity.

tick...tock.......
Alex WM

London, UK

#189520 Sep 17, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
affermation!
Now then....
What is a Trinity..Please explain.

Also...are you able to tackle any one of these without lying?
A)Is BJ(biblical Jesus) "The Only Begotten Son of God" or "The Only Begotten Son of god the father"?
(who is BJ's daddy? God or god the father?)

B)
……
If a person answers these SINCERELY, they will know that Jesus is NOT G-d.
READ the instructions carefully and answer the questions.
The instructions are very simple...
"Give YES or NO answers providing relevant chapters and verses as proof. No need for any additional comments or own interpretations"
…………………………
Show us where Jesus makes DIRECT claims in the first person as follows, in the Synoptic Gospels OR EVEN GOSPEL OF JOHN, by giving us chapter/verse as proof:
1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person" 7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God” 14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)

C) Is Jesus "fully man and fully God"?

D) Define "Trinity" in your own words.

E) Here is a further Trinity conundrum:
Where was god the father when BJ was on earth?
Where was god the ghost when BJ was on earth?
Where was god the son when BJ was on earth (this question may sound weird but there is a reason for it!)?

Where is god the father right now?
Where is god the ghost/spirit right now?
Where is god the son right now?
Alex WM

London, UK

#189521 Sep 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Islam is a man made religion run by men that dictate the terms of belonging to that religion...
It's quite hilarious though!
Your "god made" religion makes you worship a naked man on a phallus while our "man made" religion makes us NOT to worship a naked man on a phallus.
Thank you, Shamma!

Please tell us more about the Trinity.

What EXACTLY is your god the son doing now?
Will you admit that he is redundant because he asked Daddy to send the Ghost here to terrorize the timid ones while Daddy is managing the rest of his "divine" business!
Thank you for that too.

Location hidden

#189522 Sep 17, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a lying Catholic.
If you have any balls you will explain it here for MANY more to see.
Go for it pizza girl.
We are waiting for your "elementary things explanation" of the holy trinity.
tick...tock.......
The Holy Trinity is the one True God creator of the World.
Their is no other God besides God Alex.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Giant Easter Island 'Hats' Rolled Into Place, S... 7 hr peterw 1
Is Nebuchadnezzar II responsible for the ruins ... Sun Cyler 1
News The History of Human Migration (Feb '13) Apr 21 jake10 2
News "Digging" the Archaeological Study Bible; Curre... (Jan '08) Apr 16 Crazy Talk 12
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Apr 14 MUQ2 189
News Ark of the Covenant: 8 Alleged Resting Places (Oct '12) Apr 13 Polaris 60
News Dalton Historical Commission Prepares for... Apr 12 cops are psychopaths 1
More from around the web