Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,351

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
Alex WM

London, UK

#189497 Sep 17, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex, it's always a forgery when it doesn't say the story that you want to be true. Objectivity simply is not in your vocabulary, and you are completely subjective about everything. Why don't you just write you own religion that says exactly what you want?
Anyway, I was explaining about what Jesus' mission was according to the books that were strictly dedicated to writing about him. It's right there in very clear, unmistakable language. If you don't like it, then throw the entire book out. But don't just pick and choose based on what you would like to be the truth. That is logically flawed. Just as flawed as you demanding that Jesus say the EXACT words that YOU think he should say. Sorry if Jesus was negligent and didn't have you or your needs in mind when he decided how to speak and what to say.
I think BMZ has responded as your post should have been addressed to him.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189498 Sep 17, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Prophet was a REAL person.
BJ and Jesus risk being mythical characters because they have no real "foot prints".
If not for Islam your "Jesus" would be struggling to prove his credentials.
Well he didn't seem to have to struggle for his credentials long before Muhammad even came by and rewrote him and lied about him.
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
How about this?
Well, I thought BJ was the god in human form according to Church & you? So maybe we should say the same thing about him and say any of your claims not be proven or disproved. Yet you behave as though BJ is a proven "god".
Nothing is religion is ever proven. Why do you think it is called faith rather than fact? If anything was proven, even the existence of God itself, there would be no such thing as the word faith. Why didn't you think of that?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189499 Sep 17, 2013
But one thing is clear Alex, if you think Jimmie is right or even possibly could be right, then that automatically would mean that Muhammad was wrong as he is claimed to be the seal of the Prophets. That much is clear, no two ways about it.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#189500 Sep 17, 2013
Seeker wrote:
That was addressed in verses 9 and 10 when they said that it is better to not marry at all, and he said it is better for one who chooses to be a eunuch for the sake of the Kingdom of Heaven to never get married. And he said let those who can do that, should do that. He only said those that can do that and he never recommended that everyone can and should do that. That seems to be a pretty good indication that he never married and got divorced. All you are doing is to make things up with absolutely zero substantiation. This would have been a good time for him to talk about why he left his wife, but he never did because he never had one, and the last part of 10 was including him.

23 That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24 “Teacher,” they said,“Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and raise up offspring for him. 25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26 The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27 Finally, the woman died. 28 Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?”

29 Jesus replied,“You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

That's why there is very little talk about what women get in the Islamic paradise, because he didn't need to motivate them to die for him.

He is not supposed to marry another women unless his first one has committed adultery. He never said a man cannot remarry. But, they found it very difficult to not be able to divorce simply because their wife annoys them, and he acknowledged that this is difficult but seemed to suggest that the truly faithful can hack it and should do so.
Edited some unwarranted junk and stuff from your post.

For the first part of your post, I would say that Jesus kept his past life strictly private. That is why no one knows about the first 29 years of his life. For the first 29 years, he had not been baptized and had received no 'Holy Spirit' and no voice was heard from the heavens about him. Right?

I would love to quote two lines of the song Tradition from Fiddler on the Roof:

"At three, I started Hebrew school. At ten, I learned a trade.
I hear they've picked a bride for me. I hope she's pretty."

Traditions were an important part of Jesus' religion and traditions had to be observed. Jesus was no exclusion. I can't believe that he was not married. Also, it is quite obvious that he had Mary Magdalene and may be some others. Notice that many women went to the tomb. Even Pilate's wife appears connected and involved with him.

Regarding the Sadducees' hypothetical question, I believe that Jesus did not really answer but wriggled out. He did not really provide an answer. Resurrection does not mean a new form. People have to be resurrected exactly as they are, otherwise it is meaningless.

Even Jesus was alleged to have been resurrected in flesh. Thomas touched him and found him to be the man he was. Jesus promised his disciples that the Father has mansion with plenty of rooms. Right? So, resurrection will be physical. Like angels means obedient to God like angels. We will not be flying around.

In our case, husbands and wives will be reunited. It is not that I will be getting virgins to screw.

According to Qur'aan, all men and women, who had full belief in God and were righteous, will surely enter the Paradise. I don't know which bloody fool said that women will go to hell. Must be from some absurd Hadith.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189501 Sep 17, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I think BMZ has responded as your post should have been addressed to him.
I meant to and he did respond. The ironic part is that every single thing that I said in that post could actually be applied to either of you.

bmz

Singapore

#189502 Sep 17, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think he was married, then let us know what you got that info from? Instead of bringing the average age of people of the past which is a pretty useless step to get a point, explain yourself.
Alex is right.

You ask questions but when asked, you neither answer nor do you you explain.

When will you be explaining Trinity, which you claim to understand easily, in your own words?

It is time you explained.

How long will you keep us in suspense? Does this sentence ring a loud bell?

And don't say, "I have already told you!", when you have not.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189503 Sep 17, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well maybe you are right. Calling everybody else except for himself nothing but mere talking critters that are wrong about everything is pretty decent. Calling all the rest of the world 100% wrong and him 100% right is pretty decent, even if he has zero authority to do that and zero substantiation for his claim. Not only condemning posters here but also condemning their families as well to hell or complete non forgiveness is pretty decent. I guess you missed that part where he did that. Basically, anybody who doesn't believe him and dares to question his stories is condemned, and not only are they condemned, even their family is as well. It really takes a lot of nerve for someone to speak like that. He can have whatever delusions he wants, but he continually crosses the line.
I hope God is forgiving of sincere mental illness because I really never wish punishment on anybody, but sometimes he doesn't even believe certain things that he says. For example, he knows that people did not see him glow blue and say that they want what he has. If anybody ever saw something like that, they would immediately see him as incredibly special and would follow him around and you wouldn't even see him here on topix desperately trying to get people to listen to him and believe his claims.
So maybe he believes that most of what he says is true, maybe not. I really can't even be sure of that much. It's hard to say when someone has an acute mental disorder, possibly even megalomania, but probably bipolar disorder at least. It's hard to predict what they are willing to do. But I know he lied when he said that people saw him glowing blue, so there is a desperation on his part to get people to believe him, even if he has to make up a lie or two. That's a classic symptom of megalomania. They make up claims of grandeur for themselves, but that isn't good enough. They need to suck others into it and believe them as well and often they are willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish that.
You have a habit of irritating everybody.
I am sure you are struggling to find and keep friends where you live.
So you come here to annoy the hell out of others.
Rabbee has a right to his views.
Why keep telling him to shut up or insult him?
You are describing yourself in your posts and you can't even see it.
You are desperate to show others that you know everything...but we all know that you know very little.
Stop insulting Rabbee.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#189504 Sep 17, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that, Eric.
Jesus I am sure was a normal hot blooded male.
There was NO reason whatsoever for him to remain celibate.
Those who promoted a "mangod" decided to wipe off the MAN'S 29 years from records but ended up making him look like a freak.
As usual they made mistakes upon mistakes to cover up their lies upon lies.
Why else would Magda take oils/spices to rub on a body? This is na intimate act.
That was the job of men and they would have anointed the body before sealing it in the tomb!
Magda in my view went there knowing full well that BJ was wounded but alive.
She would have rubbed spices/oils on wounds so the man could gain strength to run away!
Mark 16:2 and 16:3 are comical!
Islam is a man made religion run by men that dictate the terms of belonging to that religion.

Muslims follow the desert bandit Muhammad.
Muhammad taught Muslims how to live their lives as bandits.
God does mot exist in the Muhammad's religion.

Like all bandits organizations Muslims must kill people to keep their
religion from falling apart.
Muhammad's Quran Alex promotes insanity in the mind of Muslims.
You are an example of the insanity that Muhammad's Quran promotes in the mind of Muslims.

Christianity is not a religion!
Christianity is a personal relationship with God.

It is God that lives in the heart and mind of Christians.
And it is God who speaks and guides us through our moral conscience.

God presents Himself to us through the 7 Holy Sacraments of His Holy Church.

Baptism
For Catholics, the Sacrament of Baptism is the first step in a lifelong journey of commitment and discipleship. Whether we are baptized as infants or adults, Baptism is the Church's way of celebrating and enacting the embrace of God.

Eucharist
Catholics believe the Eucharist, or Communion, is both a sacrifice and a meal. We believe in the real presence of Jesus, who died for our sins. As we receive Christ's Body and Blood, we also are nourished spiritually and brought closer to God.

Reconciliation
The Catholic Sacrament of Reconciliation (also known as Penance, or Penance and Reconciliation) has three elements: conversion, confession and celebration. In it we find God's unconditional forgiveness; as a result we are called to forgive others.

Confirmation
Confirmation is a Catholic Sacrament of mature Christian commitment and a deepening of baptismal gifts. It is one of the three Sacraments of Initiation for Catholics. It is most often associated with the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Marriage
For Catholics, the Sacrament of Marriage, or Holy Matrimony, is a public sign that one gives oneself totally to this other person. It is also a public statement about God: the loving union of husband and wife speaks of family values and also God's values.

Holy Orders
In the Sacrament of Holy Orders, or Ordination, the priest being ordained vows to lead other Catholics by bringing them the sacraments (especially the Eucharist), by proclaiming the Gospel, and by providing other means to holiness.

Anointing of the Sick
The Catholic Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick, formerly known as Last Rites or Extreme Unction, is a ritual of healing appropriate not only for physical but also for mental and spiritual sickness.

These Sacraments are an inter actions with the living God.
God is always present in the life of Christians.

bmz

Singapore

#189505 Sep 17, 2013
Eric wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/he adlines/2012/09/was-jesus-marr ied-ancient-papyrus-mentions-h is-wife/
small fragment of faded papyrus contains a suggestion that Jesus may have been married.
The fragment, with just eight lines of text on the front and six lines on the back, is from a fourth-century dialogue, written in the Coptic language, between Jesus and his disciples. In it, Jesus speaks of “my wife,” according to Harvard professor Karen L. King, who discovered the fragment.
“The most exciting line in the whole fragment…is the sentence ‘Jesus said to them [his disciples], my wife…” King said in a video posted to Harvard’s YouTube channel. The next line of text reads,“She will be able to be my disciple.”
“This is the only extant ancient text which explicitly portrays Jesus as referring to a wife,”
I can believe that. According to the Gospel of Philip, it is believed that Jesus used to kiss Mary Magdalene and the disciples did not like that and grumbled.

There is a hint in Luke 8:

"8 After this, Jesus traveled about from one town and village to another, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom of God.

The Twelve were with him, 2 and also some women who had been cured of evil spirits and diseases: Mary (called Magdalene) from whom seven demons had come out; 3 Joanna the wife of Chuza, the manager of Herod’s household; Susanna; and many others.

These women were helping to support them out of their own means."

bmz

Singapore

#189506 Sep 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Christianity is not a religion!
True that. It is a cult.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#189507 Sep 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex is right.
Alex is right because?
Alex WM

London, UK

#189508 Sep 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
2 and also some women who had been cured of evil spirits and diseases: Mary (called Magdalene) from whom seven demons had come out; ..........

These women were helping to support them out of their own means."
Quite interesting, bro.
I have already pointed out how naked BJ (he wasn't wearing a shroud , was he?)whacked 7 demons out of Magda in Mark's made up verses.

But the wording is quite vague in 16:9 which obviously contradicts with 16:8.

Let's find out what these 7 demons are.
Do they have a name?
Why 7?
Alex WM

London, UK

#189509 Sep 17, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant to and he did respond. The ironic part is that every single thing that I said in that post could actually be applied to either of you.
Interesting!
We also think that all the insults you hurl on others apply to you!
Alex WM

London, UK

#189510 Sep 17, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex is right because?
Because "you no speaka the englishi lingo mi buddie buds!! lol"

BMZ clearly pointed out that you fail to come up with the goods.
You were quick to point out that we did not understand YOUR holy and precious trinity.

So....we have been asking you to explain it so even a 3rd grader can understand.

You have YET to explain it!

Please do so now.
We are all waiting for your expert opinion on the holy precious trinity.

bmz

Singapore

#189511 Sep 17, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex is right because?
Another question?

Didn't you read my post in full?

Alex is right.

When will you be explaining Trinity, which you claim to understand easily, in your own words?

Alex WM

London, UK

#189512 Sep 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Another question?
Didn't you read my post in full?
Alex is right.
LOL!
Non English speaking Stephanie is trying hard to look smart.
Let's give her "E" for effort!
Alex WM

London, UK

#189513 Sep 17, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
And you pick dingle berries. Go look it up.
No need!
You are the little girlie boy who NEEDS to look it up.
Keep your tiny frankfurter clean, boy.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#189514 Sep 17, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Because "you no speaka the englishi lingo mi buddie buds!! lol"
BMZ clearly pointed out that you fail to come up with the goods.
You were quick to point out that we did not understand YOUR holy and precious trinity.
So....we have been asking you to explain it so even a 3rd grader can understand.
You have YET to explain it!
Please do so now.
We are all waiting for your expert opinion on the holy precious trinity.
I already have explained the Trinity in the past but two dunces like you didn't get it, and so it's pretty much useless to repeat myself to people who are deaf or incapable to understand elementary things. I saw that a lot of posters love to talk about arguments yet discussed in the past like if we never discussed before. That's a sympton of something.

I conclude that you have made an affermation of your ass, as always.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189515 Sep 17, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
And you pick dingle berries. Go look it up.
Ask for a bit of winkle picking.
go look it up
george whyte

Immingham, UK

#189516 Sep 17, 2013
The Islamic Scam

http://www.rightsidenews.com/2013091633203/ed...

interesting read

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Video: Drone footage shows damage Greenpeace di... 14 hr Cordwainer Trout 2
Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) 20 hr tongangodz 1,970
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Dec 16 uiha 5
Stonemason James Vieira of Ashfield studies &#x... (Dec '12) Dec 9 sam 5
Alleged Dead Sea Scrolls Looters Indicted Dec 9 How Stuff Works 1
Oldest Metal Object in Middle East Discovered Dec 8 Bill 1
Locked Away for Years, Skeleton's Secrets Rewri... Dec 7 Buhboo 1
More from around the web