Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256295 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189567 Sep 18, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
They always ignore the posts. Most people here enjoy to disucss the same things over and over. It's an unending cycle.
That's true. For example, that was the fifth time I had to repeat those verses, and they don't directly answer it, wait a little while and come back and make the same exact claims over again as if you never posted what you posted. It's really starting to get tiresome and pointless. They're just going to see what they want and ignore what they want. They have some sort of weird switch in their mind that allows them to do this and turn it on and off as they please. I'm not sure why I even bother at this point.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#189568 Sep 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
This guy isn't all there, and he does things like change the rules on the fly to suit his point. I bagged out on the conversation. You can't have any sort of serious discussion with someone like this and spending any significant time with it has proven to be foolish on my part. He'll just focus on what he wants, and ignore what he wants.
I have already discussed with MUQ and other Muslims as well, that the man in Deut 18:15-18 cannot be Muhammad because there is a clear indication that this prophet will come out of them (Israelis plus Egyptians) and will lead them. Now, Muhammad is an Arab of Sabaean origin born in Makkah that lived and died in Arabia. Not really what Deut 18:15-18 says, but they (Muslims) ignore everything in order to fit their prophet in. To prove me right means that the perfect Quran is wrong. They are not allowed to do that.

I will save you here the many stupid discussions of how, according to Muslims, the paraclete is Muhammad, though there are many indication in NT that it cannot be him.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189569 Sep 18, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
i do not believe, there is anyone on earth now. that could convince me, that G-D returning adam and his mate is any kind of new testament.
and just because this world's grandmother got away with this for a while. with her new testament crap, from mr lizard lips. does not mean that, any of you can get away with this with me.
Yeah, nobody puts one past Jimmie C Roswell. Even the Torah which says that God will never repeat the same actions he did with Noah doesn't get past you. You're too smart for that.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189570 Sep 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello,
I had written:
"And when I read something like "When you see one not born of a woman, fall down and worship", I know what it means and it is obvious that Jesus said that."
Read again. I believe you failed to understand what Jesus said and what I quoted.
"ONE NOT BORN OF A WOMAN"
And please do not take it to mean that one could worship one born of an animal. lol x 3!
Why can't educated Christians understand their own native language?
They do, but you can't.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189571 Sep 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That one line is far more meaningful and more powerful than John's entire gnostic garbage. Trust me, Buford!
Why does one verse replace an entire Gospel? Because it says what you want it to say. Simple, right?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#189572 Sep 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true. For example, that was the fifth time I had to repeat those verses, and they don't directly answer it, wait a little while and come back and make the same exact claims over again as if you never posted what you posted. It's really starting to get tiresome and pointless. They're just going to see what they want and ignore what they want. They have some sort of weird switch in their mind that allows them to do this and turn it on and off as they please. I'm not sure why I even bother at this point.
That's pretty much the reason why I don't spend much time here and for the most I make fun of dumb posters. This is not a place for serious and intellectual discussions especially when you have posters who aren't much smarter than a mentally disturbed baby monkey.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189574 Sep 18, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pretty much the reason why I don't spend much time here and for the most I make fun of dumb posters. This is not a place for serious and intellectual discussions especially when you have posters who aren't much smarter than a mentally disturbed baby monkey.
And they will read what you said and tell themselves that you know they are smart and that you are just jealous of them and just can't accept the truth. I'm not kidding.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#189575 Sep 18, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
The Quran asserts that God is able to do all things:
The lightning almost snatcheth away their sight from them. As often as it flasheth forth for them they walk therein, and when it darkeneth against them they stand still. If Allah willed, He could destroy their hearing and their sight. Lo! Allah is able to do all things.

S. 2:20 Pickthall
It also says that God’s own spirit and his angels are able to take on human appearance:
And had We made him an angel, yet assuredly We would have made him a man, and confused for them the thing which they themselves are confusing.

S. 6:9
And mention in the Book Mary when she withdrew from her people to an eastern place, and she took a veil apart from them; then We sent unto her Our Spirit that presented himself to her a man without fault. She said,‘I take refuge in the All-merciful from thee! If thou fearest God’… He said,‘I am but a messenger come from thy Lord, to give thee a boy most pure. She said,‘How shall I have a son whom no mortal has touched, neither have I been unchaste?’ He said,‘Even so thy Lord has said: "Easy is that for Me; and that We may appoint him a sign unto men and a mercy from Us; it is a thing decreed."’

S. 19:16-21
If these beings are capable of appearing in the form of men without ceasing to be what they are, or causing their natures to change or be affected by it, then why can’t Allah do the same? Moreover, if Allah cannot appear or become a man without ceasing to be God then does this mean that his spirit and angels are more powerful than he since they are capable of doing something that he himself cannot do?

Where does the Quran say that it is beneath the dignity of Allah to appear as a man to his creatures?
And if it is beneath his dignity then does this imply that Allah’s spirit and his angels are less dignified then he? Does it mean that Allah actually permits them to do something that is less than honorable?
If the Muslims say Allah cannot simply do all things since he cannot cease to exist, cease to be in control etc., then we simply repeat our challenge to them to show us a single Quranic verse which says that one of the things that Allah cannot do is appear as or become a human being.
Qur'aan is my territory. You can learn from me.

Yes, God can do all those things to us but God can never became a man or a monkey or a dog or a cow or a goat or a lamb. God has not ever presented himself to man in those images and these are the things that God is unable to do to his own self.

You quoted two verses, foolishly to show the Christian spirit or the Spirit but the verses show nothing of that.

My question to you is: Who went to inform Mary, according to the verse that you quoted?

The so-called Spirit of God or the Holy Spirit?

It was Gabriel, an angel, who went to Mary and appeared to her in the form of a man.

Have you ever read in your Bible that the alleged Holy Spirit or the Spirit of God came down in the form of a man?

If you say Yes, then that is Gabriel, your God. lol!

This absurd suggestion that God can become any damn thing, is to support the ridiculous and absurd claim that Jesus was manGod or Godman or God.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#189576 Sep 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
They do, but you can't.
No. Buford (El Kid) failed to understand that.

Why don't you take a look at what I wrote and how much did Buford understand and cracked me up with his silly remark and a silly lol?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#189577 Sep 18, 2013
Correction, Seeker

The post:No. Buford (El Kid) failed to understand that.

Why don't you take a look at what I wrote and how much did Buford understand and cracked me up with his silly remark and a silly lol?

Should read: No. Buford (El Cid) failed to understand that.

Why don't you take a look at what I wrote and how much did Buford understand and cracked me up with his silly remark and a silly lol?

Thanks
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#189578 Sep 18, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pretty much the reason why I don't spend much time here and for the most I make fun of dumb posters. This is not a place for serious and intellectual discussions especially when you have posters who aren't much smarter than a mentally disturbed baby monkey.
Please spare us some of your time and explain Trinity in your own words.

How long will you keep us in suspense?

I promise that I will be all ears. Now, don't take it to mean that I will become a big ear. It maens I will be paying full attention.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#189579 Sep 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
It's interesting that he says both the Quran and New Testament are wrong, and you ignore where he says the Quran is wrong, and change his accusation and put it all on the NT. Not very honest of you. I really have no idea why you appease him anyway. Basically, if any of his claims are correct, then that means Muhammad was wrong and a liar. I don't know how you just ignore that and play along.
I know. However, I have told Rabbee that Qur'aan is the updated Torah. Rabbee knew what I meant and I had also excluded the New Testament.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#189580 Sep 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
You continually ignore the clear verses I posted where not only was it is his mission to die and be raised to life, but he even rebuked Peter for saying that this should not happen. How you can think this was a failure, or that God himself failed is beyond me. But you need it to be that way, so you will keep thinking that way.
The problem is that you do not understand the problem with the alleged mission to die and be raised to life.

So far, not a single cognizant Christian has been able to answer my question on the following verse from Luke 24:

"Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He told them,“This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem."

Please MARK the words: "This is what is written"

My question: Where can one find this written, excluding the New Testament? Surely, he was referring to the Jewish Scripture. Right? Christian scripture was not even written then. Right?

And where does the OT mention that the Messiah would be killed and would be resurrected in three days?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#189581 Sep 18, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already discussed with MUQ and other Muslims as well, that the man in Deut 18:15-18 cannot be Muhammad because there is a clear indication that this prophet will come out of them (Israelis plus Egyptians) and will lead them. Now, Muhammad is an Arab of Sabaean origin born in Makkah that lived and died in Arabia. Not really what Deut 18:15-18 says, but they (Muslims) ignore everything in order to fit their prophet in. To prove me right means that the perfect Quran is wrong. They are not allowed to do that.
I will save you here the many stupid discussions of how, according to Muslims, the paraclete is Muhammad, though there are many indication in NT that it cannot be him.
Question time:

Do you think the man in Deuteronomy 18:15-15 was Jesus?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189583 Sep 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. However, I have told Rabbee that Qur'aan is the updated Torah.
And what was his response to it being the updated Torah?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189584 Sep 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Question time:
Do you think the man in Deuteronomy 18:15-15 was Jesus?
Whether it is Jesus or not does not make it Muhammad. So the question is irrelevant.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189585 Sep 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that you do not understand the problem with the alleged mission to die and be raised to life.
So far, not a single cognizant Christian has been able to answer my question on the following verse from Luke 24:
"Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He told them,“This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem."
Please MARK the words: "This is what is written"
My question: Where can one find this written, excluding the New Testament? Surely, he was referring to the Jewish Scripture. Right? Christian scripture was not even written then. Right?
And where does the OT mention that the Messiah would be killed and would be resurrected in three days?
It said he opened their minds to understand the scriptures, so that means there were hidden meanings within them. If it had what you are asking for, why would he have to open their minds to understand the scriptures? Use some common sense for once.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189586 Sep 18, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>RICHARD,
I've offered two possible reasons why "BJ" didn't marry.
1. It wasn't his calling.
2. He knew that he was going to die, and didn't want to leave a widow and possible children behind.
That you don't even acknowledge that I have answered the question, even though you reject my answers, is proof enough, to me at least, that YOU are first and foremost a "BJ" slanderer, and secondly, a sex-crazed FREAK who simply will not be taught.
Take your meds.
Why do you continue to lie Le Dic?
1. What do you mean by it wasn't his calling?
2. He was 34 when he "died" and that was a decent record compared with many MARRIED men whose average life expectancy was between 30 and 39.

Instead of lying, why don't to admit that BJ was "sanitized" by the wicked Church fathers who suppressed his normal healthy hotblooded life from general public?

DID G-D TELL HIM NOT TO MARRY?
WAS HE A FREAK?
IS MARRIAGE A SINFUL ACT?
Alex WM

London, UK

#189587 Sep 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether it is Jesus or not does not make it Muhammad. So the question is irrelevant.
So it was NOT Jesus?
Alex WM

London, UK

#189588 Sep 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Please spare us some of your time and explain Trinity in your own words.
How long will you keep us in suspense?
I promise that I will be all ears. Now, don't take it to mean that I will become a big ear. It maens I will be paying full attention.
He is also quoting the NT as a reliable source when it comes to rejecting Prophet Muhammed!
May be I missed it, but did he reject Jesus as well?

Yesss...we are waiting for his Trinity.
An essay on Stephanie and her Trinity is long overdue.
lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul 10 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul 10 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul 7 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun 27 spydie 35
News Volunteers wanted to join community archaeologi... Jun 24 dig 1
News Safeguarding Islam's ancient past May '17 Tear it down 1
News Men made strange discoveryHere are the top stor... May '17 Dr Reker s Bellhop 1
More from around the web