Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256491 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#189337 Sep 16, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Rabbee, he is full of self importance and refuses to listen.
I wish seeker the sucker follows a very simple rule.
God gave humans 2 ears and 1 mouth.
If seeker/sucker uses them in the right proportion he will start to rejoin the human race!
Now he appears to be a freak with 1 ear and 2 mouths!
Thank you Rabbee.
rabbee: no body that so wantonly commits, blasphemy against RUACH HAKODESH. can ever again be forgiven, to join the alleged human race. he has sealed, his fate. as a subtle talking, critter only. with only one possible way out, so totally out of his control. but what are the chances, he would not do this again?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#189338 Sep 16, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand that there are no vowels in liturgical Hebrew? Vowels comes from the inter-relationships of the consonants and the two vowel like characters alef and ayin?
To be more correct all ancient semitic scripts were unvocalized but at one point the vowels were added. The Tanakh you found today is written in Hebraic with vowels. Yet the name of YHVh keep being unvocalized and worst is that none of you really knows how exactly pronunce the name of your lord. You have not protected its name you have forgotten it.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189339 Sep 16, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Idiot,
Jesus knew that he was going to die. COMMON SENSE suggests that he didn't want to leave a widow and possible children behind, but then, common sense has never been common to you, has it?
Hey deluded bigot!
What was that "widow" doing with spices/oil to massage BJ "in his tomb"??LOL
You are an amateur. You know nothing.
Not just BJ but ALL humans should know that they would die.

BJ did not come to die for you. When did he claim that?

Are you suggesting that BJ is a suicidal maniac in addition to being a seducer and sorcerer?

Hey moron....what was the average life expectancy of men in 1AD?
(****Based on papyri with census returns found in Egypt and date-able to the first three centuries AD (11/12 AD - 257/258 AD) the average age is between 30-39 years***)

Have you read the funny verses about "you are not even 50"!!

BJ was well past his prime by the time he got to 34.

SO YOUR CLAIM IS FALSE!
YOU REALLY ARE AN UNEDUCATED MORON.
BJ WAS A SINNER!!!

*****The Scots from the Iron Age (700 to 0 B.C.) buried their dead in cists or stone chests. Recently scientists excavated nine skeletons in Scotland from the Iron Age (700 to 0 B.C.). These people died at ages of about 10, 19, 30, 35, 40, and 45.

*****Anglo-Saxons back in the Early Middle Ages (400 to 1000 A.D.) lived short lives and were buried in cemeteries, much like Englishmen today. Field workers unearthed 65 burials (400 to 1000 A.D.) from Anglo-Saxon cemeteries in England and found none who lived past 45!!
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#189340 Sep 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, for anyone who REALLY did see God. So what about you?
rabbee: no amount of answers, can be logical to a hard core blasphemer. you have rejected all truth of G-D, with your great, great blasphemy.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#189341 Sep 16, 2013
The absolute is beyond name and namelessnes.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#189342 Sep 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't listen to Jimmie's claims of being Adam either, hypocrite. You're just using him.
rabbee: yeah but all of his other offences, can be forgiven. as long as he never does, what you! did.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189343 Sep 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Now why would he do that when you have already proven to have the thinking depth of a 5th grader? What would be the point?
Hey deranged lunatic liar!
You are defining many things here trying to show off.

But for "some reason" you are unable to CLEARLY define Trinity!

I wonder why...lol.

Why only three a headed monster?
why not a 20 headed monster or even a billion headed one?

3rd grader, 5th grader or any grader should be able to understand trinity if the liars can come forward to define it!
Otherwise, what is the point?
Alex WM

London, UK

#189344 Sep 16, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand that there are no vowels in liturgical Hebrew? Vowels comes from the inter-relationships of the consonants and the two vowel like characters alef and ayin?
I think that Stephano is a closet catholic.
He doesn't understand many things including Hebrew and English, but he refuses to accept his handicap.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#189345 Sep 16, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
And, that exactly why I use G-d because it's the vernacular word used.
So, what's the excuse of Christians for not having a proper name?
God, lord, master, thename etc are not vernacular words nor the proper name for it.

Well, I'm not a Christian so couldn't give you their reasons on why their god has not a proper name. The only thing I can do is to give my thought on why they don't think or don't take into consideration that YHVH is his real name, if you want.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189346 Sep 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't listen to Jimmie's claims of being Adam either, hypocrite. You're just using him.
You insult him by claiming that he is insane.
I think he is a decent man with some strong views.
But you are a mad dog who simply cannot understand anything.
You "know" what you believe is the only truth!
I am sure that you need the psychiatrist before any other person on this thread.

You can't even answer these:
A)Is BJ(biblical Jesus) "The Only Begotten Son of God" or "The Only Begotten Son of god the father"?
(who is BJ's daddy? God or god the father?)

B)
……
If a person answers these SINCERELY, they will know that Jesus is NOT G-d.
READ the instructions carefully and answer the questions.
The instructions are very simple...
"Give YES or NO answers providing relevant chapters and verses as proof. No need for any additional comments or own interpretations"
…………………………
Show us where Jesus makes DIRECT claims in the first person as follows, in the Synoptic Gospels OR EVEN GOSPEL OF JOHN, by giving us chapter/verse as proof:
1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person" 7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God” 14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)

C) Is Jesus "fully man and fully God"?

D) Define "Trinity" in your own words.

E) Here is a further Trinity conundrum:
Where was god the father when BJ was on earth?
Where was god the ghost when BJ was on earth?
Where was god the son when BJ was on earth (this question may sound weird but there is a reason for it!)?

Where is god the father right now?
Where is god the ghost/spirit right now?
Where is god the son right now?

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#189347 Sep 16, 2013
WHY SHOULD YHVH NOT BE VOCALIZED?

YHVH is a mantra or a typal vibration of a specific field of consciousness-force that personifies a particular being which in this case is El and so the vocalization of the mantra, YHVH, is secret and to be revealed in its activated form only to initiates or to adepts in the occult. A mantra can be either a single power-filled syllable like say ra or dha or a carefully constructed phrase/clause that embodies its typal vibration with its concomitant root meaning that if activated manifests its innate power. If a novice plays around with a mantra and mispronounces it there can be a backlash in terms of unbalance of his force fields. If one misuses an activated mantra, it invites death. Hence, the mantra, YHVH, like other mantras, should not be pronounced by inadepts or by the uninitiated.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#189348 Sep 16, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
and trinity makes sense?
LOL
Please define trinity in your own words for all to understand.
Thank you.
Trinity:

God is, God speaks, God acts.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189349 Sep 16, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
God, lord, master, thename etc are not vernacular words nor the proper name for it.
Well, I'm not a Christian so couldn't give you their reasons on why their god has not a proper name. The only thing I can do is to give my thought on why they don't think or don't take into consideration that YHVH is his real name, if you want.
LOL...

Stephanie the closet Catholic made a bold claim about the Trinity.
When we challenged her she ran away.

We still have not seen an explanation or a working definition.

Now Stephanie is hiding behind her "non Christian" ID, when challenged by Eric!

What a fake!
Typical closet Catholic...or should I say polemicist? LOL
Alex WM

London, UK

#189350 Sep 16, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: yeah but all of his other offences, can be forgiven. as long as he never does, what you! did.
Thank you Rabbee.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189351 Sep 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You insult him by claiming that he is insane.
I think he is a decent man with some strong views.
But you are a mad dog who simply cannot understand anything.
You "know" what you believe is the only truth!
I am sure that you need the psychiatrist before any other person on this thread.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#189352 Sep 16, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
If one believes in God, there can only be ONE God.
To a true believer, there is only ONE God.
That God is NOT a man or woman because it makes a mockery of many forms of life that could exist in billions of galaxies and even universes.
Once we agree that there is only ONE God, we have no right to stop any creation from worshipping that ONE and ONLY God.
It will look silly if I claim that my ONE and ONLY God is superior to your ONE and ONLY God!
Let that ONE and ONLY God be the judge.
There is only One God Alex.
There is no God besides God.
"Father, Son, and Holy Spirit"
Can you prove God is not a Holy Trinity Alex?
Alex WM

London, UK

#189353 Sep 16, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Idiot,
Jesus knew that he was going to die. COMMON SENSE suggests that he didn't want to leave a widow and possible children behind, but then, common sense has never been common to you, has it?
Are you googling!
lol...
come on uneducated fool....respond to my post!
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Idiot,
Hey deluded bigot!
What was that "widow" doing with spices/oil to massage BJ "in his tomb"??LOL
You are an amateur. You know nothing.
Not just BJ but ALL humans should know that they would die.

BJ did not come to die for you. When did he claim that?

Are you suggesting that BJ is a suicidal maniac in addition to being a seducer and sorcerer?

Hey moron....what was the average life expectancy of men in 1AD?
(****Based on papyri with census returns found in Egypt and date-able to the first three centuries AD (11/12 AD - 257/258 AD) the average age is between 30-39 years***)

Have you read the funny verses about "you are not even 50"!!

BJ was well past his prime by the time he got to 34.

SO YOUR CLAIM IS FALSE!
YOU REALLY ARE AN UNEDUCATED MORON.
BJ WAS A SINNER!!!

*****The Scots from the Iron Age (700 to 0 B.C.) buried their dead in cysts or stone chests. Recently scientists excavated nine skeletons in Scotland from the Iron Age (700 to 0 B.C.). These people died at ages of about 10, 19, 30, 35, 40, and 45.

*****Anglo-Saxons back in the Early Middle Ages (400 to 1000 A.D.) lived short lives and were buried in cemeteries, much like Englishmen today. Field workers unearthed 65 burials (400 to 1000 A.D.) from Anglo-Saxon cemeteries in England and found none who lived past 45!!
Alex WM

London, UK

#189354 Sep 16, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Trinity:
LOL!
You don't need three heads and many hands for that!
UNITY can do ALL that!
You fail.
Alex WM

London, UK

#189355 Sep 16, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Trinity:
What happened to the trinity when god the son died!!LOL
It became a double act?
god the son has run off...
so what have we got?
ghost is on planet earth i guess?
The rest of the universe is managed by daddy?
what a joke.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#189356 Sep 16, 2013
A CLOSER LOOK AT YHVH:

1) The Hebrew verbs hayah and havah mean ‘to exist’,‘to have being’,‘to have breath’, because that which exists, has being, has breath. In Hebrew thought, the breath is the character, personality, nature, or the being of someone. When the typal G-d, EL-YHVH, says,‘I AM WHO I AM’, He is saying,‘I exist’,‘I am being’,‘I have breath’. The third person singular, He is, YHVH, means ‘He exists’,‘He is Being’,‘He has breath’.

2) So, YHVH is a typal being of breath by which is meant the life-force. YHVH is a vital being and its teachings and phenomena clearly correspond to the vital plane of cosmic consciousness-force. Now, the tetragrammaton, YHVH, has a deeper occult meaning other than its literal rendition. Nevertheless, it is a vital power.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fossilised tooth Feb 10 Navigator 1
News 700-year-old poop found, still reeks (Apr '14) Feb 8 Ancient Phart 27
News Aglukkaq re-announces Franklin Centre for Gjoa ... Feb 7 stand on guard 4 ... 1
News The struggle to preserve Gaza's treasures (Feb '11) Jan 25 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 2
Ark of the Covenant @ Stonehenge Jan 23 Wally Hope 4
News Obama names Utah, Nevada monuments despite oppo... Dec '16 Off Topic 5
News New theory on Stonehenge describes it as 'an an... (Mar '15) Dec '16 Lucifer 9
More from around the web