Who Is Allah?

There are 20 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#188881 Sep 13, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>For one thing, the Messiah was supposed to have stolen cement and a battery. "The wicked shall be a ransom for the righteous" because the wicked go to hell. What you're talking about is an offering for sin. Animals do not go to heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:21 "Who knows the spirit of man that goes upward, and the spirit of the beast that goes downward to the earth?"
Let me guess. You stole cement and a battery?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#188882 Sep 13, 2013
ONLY an innocent man OR WOMAN can make PERFECT intercession for transgressors, because there is no self-serving involved. Capiche?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#188883 Sep 13, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: will you quit confusing your upper lip, for someone else. and wipe that, shiteating grin off your face.
You are ignorant rabbee of Gods plan of Salvation.
If you want to know God then you need to study Genesis through
revelations.

CHRISTIANITY IS GODS TRUTH:
Muhammad's Muslims religion is Bull-Shit!

Muhammad's Quran promotes insanity in the mind of Muslims!

John 3:16-18

New International Version (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of Godís one and only Son.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#188884 Sep 13, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You said God repeated the story of Noah, but he didn't. If he did, he would have to repeat the same exact actions. No matter how you try and twist it and lie, you simply screwed up.
rabbee: your words are not G-D'S Word, no matter how much of a greater g-d you think you are.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#188885 Sep 13, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>For one thing, the Messiah was supposed to have stolen cement and a battery. "The wicked shall be a ransom for the righteous" because the wicked go to hell. What you're talking about is an offering for sin. Animals do not go to heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:21 "Who knows the spirit of man that goes upward, and the spirit of the beast that goes downward to the earth?"
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

2 Corinthians 5:21

21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#188886 Sep 13, 2013
El Cid wrote:
The last Adam (Jesus) repairs the mistakes of the first Adam, which means that he begins his existence as INNOCENT as the first Adam was in his creation, and then PRESERVES this innocence throughout his life, which is what God intended for the first Adam.
This is also known as the "Recapitulation Theory" in Christian thought.
Paul was right.
rabbee: are you sure, you ain't got that backwards? are you sure you, read this story in TheTorah? that is not quite, the way G-D tells this.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#188887 Sep 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ignorant rabbee of Gods plan of Salvation.
If you want to know God then you need to study Genesis through
revelations.
CHRISTIANITY IS GODS TRUTH:
Muhammad's Muslims religion is Bull-Shit!
Muhammad's Quran promotes insanity in the mind of Muslims!
John 3:16-18
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of Godís one and only Son.
rabbee: and if you are wrong, it must all be you. and you can't save the world, that forever refuses to be saved. nor is your failure to comply, G-D'S fault.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#188888 Sep 13, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Let me guess. You stole cement and a battery?
You got it! That was a question Rabbi Snitzer asked me after I had a short conversation with Gabrielle. It was cinder blocks and I tried to steal a car battery on the spur of the moment because mine was stolen but I wasn't successful. I was raised a Christian so I didn't really know any better.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#188889 Sep 13, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: your words are not G-D'S Word, no matter how much of a greater g-d you think you are.
Why in the hell do you hyphenate G-D? Is it so people can guess the vowel?

Let's consider the possibilities:

GAD;
GED;
GID;
GOD;
GUD;

and sometimes,

GYD.

Does "G-D" ACTUALLY CARE about such bullshit?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#188890 Sep 13, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: are you sure, you ain't got that backwards? are you sure you, read this story in TheTorah? that is not quite, the way G-D tells this.
Do tell.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#188891 Sep 13, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even know what The Torah says rabbee!
You post shit from your ass rabbee and it stinks like hell!
Eric

Roselle, IL

#188892 Sep 13, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Why in the hell do you hyphenate G-D? Is it so people can guess the vowel?
Let's consider the possibilities:
GAD;
GED;
GID;

GUD;
and sometimes,
GYD.
Does "G-D" ACTUALLY CARE about such bullshit?
Why do you care what our beliefs are? How does it impair your beliefs if we type "G-d"?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#188893 Sep 13, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You got it! That was a question Rabbi Snitzer asked me after I had a short conversation with Gabrielle. It was cinder blocks and I tried to steal a car battery on the spur of the moment because mine was stolen but I wasn't successful. I was raised a Christian so I didn't really know any better.
You are CERTIFIABLY insane.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#188894 Sep 13, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you care what our beliefs are? How does it impair your beliefs if we type "G-d"?
I don't care if you type "G-d." I simply wonder if GOD REALLY AND TRULY gives a damn if you arrange certain symbols together so as to impress "G-d" that you are showing proper respect.

Chutzpah...
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#188895 Sep 13, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>You are CERTIFIABLY insane.
I actually agree. Psalm 38:7 OKJV.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#188896 Sep 13, 2013
Surprise, surprise! WE ARE NOT G-D!!!!
Eric

Roselle, IL

#188897 Sep 13, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care if you type "G-d." I simply wonder if GOD REALLY AND TRULY gives a damn if you arrange certain symbols together so as to impress "G-d" that you are showing proper respect.
Chutzpah...
Why do you care? We are not asking you to do it. Why can't you just allow us to practice our faith as we wish?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#188898 Sep 13, 2013
Showing proper respect to God, to me, means PERFECTLY fulfilling God's commands, period.

No, I don't claim compliance. I'm just stating what to me seems obvious.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#188899 Sep 13, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you care? We are not asking you to do it. Why can't you just allow us to practice our faith as we wish?
Damnit, Jew, I never said that you can't practice your faith as you wish.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#188900 Sep 13, 2013
Eric,

I HAVE wondered about the Temple and the Priesthood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Giant Easter Island 'Hats' Rolled Into Place, S... Apr 27 peterw 1
Is Nebuchadnezzar II responsible for the ruins ... Apr 26 Cyler 1
News The History of Human Migration (Feb '13) Apr 21 jake10 2
News "Digging" the Archaeological Study Bible; Curre... (Jan '08) Apr 16 Crazy Talk 12
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Apr 14 MUQ2 189
News Ark of the Covenant: 8 Alleged Resting Places (Oct '12) Apr 13 Polaris 60
News Dalton Historical Commission Prepares for... Apr 12 cops are psychopaths 1
More from around the web