Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256291 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex WM

London, UK

#188948 Sep 14, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are apart of the Western culture.
Has the presences of Muslims in the western culture bring down crime?
NO!
But the crime has increased since Muslims are now apart of Western culture.
It is obvious why the crime goes up when Muslims migrate to western cities and towns, Muslim follow the teachings of their desert bandit
prophet Muhammad who he himself was a rapist, robber, and murderer.
You are a frog in the well, dear Shamma.
Crime has always been part of any culture.
The murders, rapes, robbery and pillaging that have taken place in my land over thousands of years is not due to Muslims.
Stop hallucinating.
White chapel was quite gruesome long before the arrival of Muslims.
Get yourself a passport...come over here as my guest. I will be a good host to you.
Take care.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#188949 Sep 14, 2013
Shamma wrote:
August 6, 2013,- 3:17 pm
6 Arab Muslim Detroiters Indicted for Running Violent Drug Gang, Used Black Kids to Push Drugs.
Jail them straight away. Thanks for the news.

If they were doing that in Singapore and Malaysia, they would be hanged.

In order to save Americans from drug, America must introduce death sentence for drug sellers in every state. I hope the drama queens and the softies introduce death penalty for drug traffickers and pushers.

And those, who consume drugs, should be held in detention centres for at least a year. Before they are released, they should be tagged and monitored. Urine tests should be conducted fortnightly. If they test positive for drugs, they should be detained for another year.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#188952 Sep 14, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care if you type "G-d." I simply wonder if GOD REALLY AND TRULY gives a damn if you arrange certain symbols together so as to impress "G-d" that you are showing proper respect.
Chutzpah...
In the Torah there is written - You shall not take the name of the Lord, your God, in vain, for the Lord will not hold blameless anyone who takes His name in vain.

What is the name of the lord their god? Is it god or YHVH? YHVH is its name while god is just a title and nothing. Ancient Jews when they came in contact with Christians, have seen they call the creator by the word god, thinking its the name, so they started to avoid pronunce the vowel and omit that when they write the word god.

This mistake is still followed by the most of the Jews of today.

Anyway, you're right, what's the matter for a creator if one says g-d, god, YHVH or YAHVEH? Nothing, nothing at all. They are man's rules.
truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#188953 Sep 14, 2013
God can't be liar.

Any genetic formula can produce destruction in within as urine can go out.
-drink and food this or that and so on..
Don't be accuser or liar.
God can't be liar as God is not liar.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188954 Sep 14, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>For one thing, the Messiah was supposed to have stolen cement and a battery.
A battery??? LOL!!!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188955 Sep 14, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Let me guess. You stole cement and a battery?
Her cement brain runs on battery acid. Makes sense to me that she would steal these things.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#188956 Sep 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to save Americans from drug, America must introduce death sentence for drug sellers in every state.
You are quite stupid and ignorant, but that's a known fact here. Death sentence has never reduced any crime.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188957 Sep 14, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you care? We are not asking you to do it. Why can't you just allow us to practice our faith as we wish?
Ummm, uhhhh, because he is a mental patient seeking attention on topics because he has a captive audience when nobody listens to him in real life? Just a guess.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188958 Sep 14, 2013
Eric,

Whoops, correction to my last statement . I misread and thought you were talking to Jimmie.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188959 Sep 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, let us accept that John wanted to refuse but Jesus insisted! That doesn't matter.
That is the point.
If Jesus had really been sinless, he would not have insisted. And also, if Jesus had been sinless, he would not have gone to get baptized at all!!!
Where does it say that being baptized is an atonement for some sin somebody did? It's really supposed to mean a rebirth in terms of awakening the spirit within one's self, or living a brand new way, and rebirth is symbolic for that.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188960 Sep 14, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well since your so rude, i'll let you keep guessing wrong. and it would be a pretty good guess, that G-D does not care much for yours.
Nor yours as well. In fact, I would think that God really doesn't like people who misrepresent themselves, even if the person believes they really are who they think they are. I suppose God would make allowances for mental illness and be forgiving. I don't know, I'm not God. But in your case, I sure hope that he does for your sake.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188961 Sep 14, 2013
yusufkhan wrote:
good ward is LA ilaha illalah muhamadar rasool alah
salalahu alaihi wasallam
BALALALALALA!!!!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188962 Sep 14, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
You've never made much sense. In short, you understand nothing.
Really? LOL!!!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188963 Sep 14, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
keep your demonic life, to yourself.
Maybe when you do that first. I don't know who's talking to you, if anybody, but it sure ain't God. That much I can be pretty certain of, and I even verified that with the Torah, as you even said for me to do.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188964 Sep 14, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
and you want any one, to take you serious?
I can't believe you of all people asked that question. Amazing. Looks like someone DID buy you a projector for your birthday.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188965 Sep 14, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text>SalaamZ dear Shammy...Great post.I see you managed to turn down the flame of hate rants! Good for you. here,s one small point one must take into consideration before foisting all of ones sins onto the shoulders of Jesus(pbuh). On the day of judgement when each and every one of us stands before The Almighty Face-to-Face.We will be judged by the good and the bad WE have done in our lives.Do you think for one minute that GOD-Himself is going to excuse ANY of your sins just because You THINK Jesus Interceeded for you!? L A U G H A B L E!! This is one of the many reasons christians lose their logic.You and only you are responsible for your sins.The only one that forgives them is The Almighty! No lawyer,no messiah,no pretend stand in.Now start takeing responsibility for your actions,vices,etc,and you,ll be miles ahead of those who just skip over it thinking Jesus is going to talk GOD out of Judgeing you for your actions.LOL! CheerZ
Jihad Jenius, there is nothing in Christianity that says one's sins are automatically forgiven because of Jesus' sacrifice. It says the sacrifice was so that sins MAY be forgiven, but only with true repentance and realizing that one was wrong and a true understanding of that. Jesus did say that some will end up in hell. So once again, you are completely confused and have it all wrong.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188966 Sep 14, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Salaam, brother.
I am afraid I don't agree with that analysis.
Holy Prophet Muhammed PBUH did not promote Sunni or Shia.
Shia may have many good things just like Christianity has many good.
But, both seem to honour men too much instead of returning to God and God alone.
A good Muslim is neither Sunni nor Shia.
There is no need for sects.
Salaams.
Right, no need for sects. They should all merely agree with your sect, and of course, they think the same thing as well about their sect. Yes, everybody, let's all come together and make MY take on it the right take. LOL!!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188967 Sep 14, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Those poor farmers!
Were they compensated for loss of revenue? No.
BJ not only MURDERED the pigs, he also DESTROYED the farmers' livelihood!
Just because BJ didn't like pork, doesn't mean he could go around killing innocent, cute and sweet piggies!
If he was a pork eater he would have saved the cuddly pigs, I guess.
Salaams.
Too retarded to even comment on.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#188968 Sep 14, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite stupid and ignorant, but that's a known fact here. Death sentence has never reduced any crime.
Listen, ignorant fool

Come and stay here in Singapore. And see how the death sentence has reduced crimes here.

If you have young sisters or daughters, you can allow them to walk alone without any fear, any time during the night. You can go out anytime and will never get mugged and so on.

Anyone, who carries a fire arm illegally, will receive death sentence. No mercy will be shown.

The crime rate is high in the West because death punishment is not given.

The problem is that you have more sympathy for the killer but no sympathy for the one killed by the wretched killer. 
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188969 Sep 14, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Torah there is written - You shall not take the name of the Lord, your God, in vain, for the Lord will not hold blameless anyone who takes His name in vain.
What is the name of the lord their god? Is it god or YHVH? YHVH is its name while god is just a title and nothing. Ancient Jews when they came in contact with Christians, have seen they call the creator by the word god, thinking its the name, so they started to avoid pronunce the vowel and omit that when they write the word god.
This mistake is still followed by the most of the Jews of today.
Anyway, you're right, what's the matter for a creator if one says g-d, god, YHVH or YAHVEH? Nothing, nothing at all. They are man's rules.
My take on it is that taking the Lord's name in vain means using his name for one's own personal desires or gains. It is quite possible that this refers the most to people like TV Evangelists who use God's name to make a lot of money. If you think of what the word vain means, this could make a lot of sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why did Vikings have 'Allah' embroidered into f... Oct 17 Grassclipper 4
Accept offer. Citizens save £2B. Oct 15 Garry Denke 1
News Did Islam reach France 1,300 years ago? DNA and... (Feb '16) Sep 29 Syriana 24
News Mystery Of How The Pyramids Were Built Has Been... Sep 26 NoGoBo 1
HELP - Searching for Archaeology Cartoon Sep '17 Kevin 1
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug '17 tongangodz 1,979
News Lost cities of the Midwest: A trek back to pre-... Jul '17 Von Zipper 7
More from around the web