Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253991 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex WM

London, UK

#188629 Sep 11, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to ask you this, but where does the Quran say that Jesus ever died? As far as I can tell, according to the Quran, Jesus was raised up to Allah. So did Jesus die in heaven?
Why don't you be honest and answer my questions...
Alex WM

London, UK

#188630 Sep 11, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, this is where they get some of their ideas from.
33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied,“but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”
34 Jesus answered them,“Is it not written in your Law,‘I have said you are “gods”’[d]? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said,‘I am God’s Son’? 37 Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father.
Now I know you will reject this because it comes from John, but it's not like Christians are inventing these ideas out of nowhere. To them, these ideas have scriptural basis. And why bother to just reject John when you are supposed to reject all of the Gospels? I have no idea why you even want quotes from what you consider to be corrupted books anyway. It makes absolutely no sense at all, but then again, you never do.
I am making an observation:
Three Gospel writers did not know that BJ was THE only Begotten Son of god!!
Now that says something!

What did BJ mean by his claim above even with the corruption and insertions.
*..there are no upper case Son..in Tanach.
*.. the elders were seen as "gods" and I hope you know how/why.
*.. a person born to these Jewish "gods" is a son of god.
*.. wasn't moses given the title of "god"?
*.. Jesus has made it clear that all are god's "children"/creation. ("your father and my father"...does not refer to two different fathers!!!)

Answer these instead of escaping....FOLLOW my instructions.
A)Is BJ(biblical Jesus) "The Only Begotten Son of God" or "The Only Begotten Son of god the father"?
(who is BJ's daddy? God or god the father?)

B)
……
If a person answers these SINCERELY, they will know that Jesus is NOT G-d.
READ the instructions carefully and answer the questions.
The instructions are very simple...
"Give YES or NO answers providing relevant chapters and verses as proof. No need for any additional comments or own interpretations"
…………………………
Show us where Jesus makes DIRECT claims in the first person as follows, in the Synoptic Gospels OR EVEN GOSPEL OF JOHN, by giving us chapter/verse as proof:
1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person" 7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God” 14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)

C) Is Jesus "fully man and fully God"?

D) Define "Trinity" in your own words.

E) Here is a further Trinity conundrum:
Where was god the father when BJ was on earth?
Where was god the ghost when BJ was on earth?
Where was god the son when BJ was on earth (this question may sound weird but there is a reason for it!)?

Where is god the father right now?
Where is god the ghost/spirit right now?
Where is god the son right now?
Alex WM

London, UK

#188631 Sep 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are you and God is God.
Imagine that you are Jesus. You will remain Jesus, who had his body, his soul and thoughts or a working mind. You cannot manifest as three. Period!
You also cannot be split into three persons.
Same goes for God.
Please read Shamma's absurd post. Here is an extract::
"The Trinity is the Spirit of God Manifested as three persons of God performing the Will of God."
If you really understand English well as a native speaker, you show throw out that absurd line straight away without even a second thought. Think hard. That is why I said there must be another God on top of the Trinity.
And now look at the next absurd line from Shamma:
"If God was just a single Spirit He could not be presence every where at the same time."
What kind of God is that?
And this is the most absurd line that I was referring to:
"But God is unique in that His three spirits are one in substance and one in nature of the same one Spirit of God."
I objected to "His three spirits". Only a weird kind of God can have this.
Isaiah 45 and many other chapters debunk this myth.
Trinity does not work because one of them DIED!!!
Period.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#188632 Sep 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
This is really getting not only absurd but also hilarious. His three spirits? Please have mercy upon God.
Muslims are void of the Spirit of God in them.
That is why they kill and show that they are wild evil savage dogs.
Doing evil is Muhammad's calling card and trade mark his religion.
Muhammad boasted I have used evil to gain victories.

Muslims have sold their soul to the evil of Muhammad.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#188633 Sep 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
And my comments:
We?
So far, I have not yet found a single cognizant Christian, who has been able to explain Trinity in his own words.
Since you have a pretty clear idea about that absurdity, please enlighten me in your own words and do not post preposterous links and quotes.
Spit it out in your own words, please!
rabbee: not my problem, if you have no true love triangle. with a wife and baby, to truly love. for without this true love, there is no way to understand any one unit trinity.

for their is no unity, in either dis-trinity of a rebellious husband, wife, or child. for this is dissociative, not associative.
Alex WM

London, UK

#188634 Sep 11, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to ask you this, but where does the Quran say that Jesus ever died? As far as I can tell, according to the Quran, Jesus was raised up to Allah. So did Jesus die in heaven?
When you answer all the outstanding questions we can talk about dead people being raised up to god or sent to join a queue to peters hell.

These need answering too..
This is what Shamma said:
1. The Trinity is the Spirit of God Manifested as three persons of God performing the Will of God....(**Why not more than three?)
2. The Spirit of God is not subjected to the physical created laws of God.
3. If God was just a single Spirit He could not be presence every where at the same time.(** Why not?)
4. God would be like our sun that stays in one place and his rays of light would only be seen as during the day as we live in a planet that is in orbit around the sun.In that sense God would be a created being. But God is uncreated.(**Then why treat God as a creation and why turn him into three?)
5. The person of God are not three different persons having three different mind sets.(**Gospels show there is confusion between at least two of them!)
6. Each Spirit of God are the same substance of God having the same mind of God performing the Will of God.(**No. Refer to Gospels!)
7. If the Trinity of God was based on a pagan God, the three person of God would each have a separate mind set of their own, and at times would be in conflict with each other.(** Explain! Also how come on e died?)
8.But God is unique in that His three spirits are one in substance and one in nature of the same one Spirit of God.(** THREE SPIRITS???...this is what BMZ was referring to!!!)
9. In that uniqueness of God, God has an inner life of His own and does not need to seek out side council.(** Which god is this? daddie, sonnie, ghostie?
10.All things are brought to perfection by Gods self sustaining efficiency.(** What's that got to do with just THREE??)

Can the self appointed brain box explain each point.

(He may be a deranged deluded bigoted paranoid lonely jobless sick petty vindictive manic depressive Antisemitic “special needs” insane Islamophobe, but let's wait for his response.)

Location hidden

#188635 Sep 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why I had said that so far I have not found a single cognizant Christian, who can explain Trinity well.
You are many things but you are still one Seeker with one soul for you are a man. Same goes for God but all know that God is not a man. It still has to be one God like one Seeker.
The only way out for Christianity to convince Christians only, is to throw away and discard all nonsense doctrines and theories. Make it simple by saying God became Jesus, died, became Ghost and the Ghost became God again.
The only problem in this case is that Jesus and the Ghost exist no more. So, you have got only God again.
What do you think? This is the best I can do to help.
The Holy Scriptures in the Bible explain God as a Trinity.
Muslims deny that.
Muslims have sold their soul to Satan.
MUSLIMS KILL FOR MUHAMMAD AND HIS LIES!
MUHAMMAD'S RELIGION OF MUSLIMS IS ANTI-GOD!

Alex WM

London, UK

#188636 Sep 11, 2013
Paul's intentions were not bad...
He wanted all humans to get to know God.
But he backed the wrong horse.
He tried to sell BJ who came only for Jews as Christ who was supposed to have come for all mankind.
By exposing Paul's faulty logic Christianity has been stopped in its tracks.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188637 Sep 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are you and God is God.
Imagine that you are Jesus. You will remain Jesus, who had his body, his soul and thoughts or a working mind. You cannot manifest as three. Period!
But a person does, depending upon the context. While the body, mind and soul are clearly three distinct things different from each other, aren't each of those also considered you? I said my analogy was not perfect, I merely said it can explain how something can exist as three distinct separate things or manifestations, but yet each of these things could also each be called you
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You also cannot be split into three persons.
Same goes for God.
Well first of all, you just said that there is something God cannot do or be. So I guess God is not capable of all things after all. And I do not necessarily take the Trinity as literally three different people, but rather three aspects or manifestations of God. For example, as far as I can tell, the Holy Spirit is not actually a person. It seems more like a force to me.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Please read Shamma's absurd post. Here is an extract::
"The Trinity is the Spirit of God Manifested as three persons of God performing the Will of God."
Well that's Shamma. And the only thing I said was that he said three different manifestations, and you denied that, but that is what he said. I do not think the Holy Spirit is an actual person, but rather something more like a force, or something even more abstract than that. This is how the Holy Spirit could fill the Apostles in the book of Acts. And I also think the Holy Spirit served as the link between Jesus and the Father. The Father used the Holy Spirit to do his will through the body of Jesus, and since it was God saying and doing all of this through the body of Jesus, then in that respect, Jesus was a physical manifestation of God on earth. Jesus said very few things in a straightforward manner and was very abstract in what he said and one needs to ponder what he said on a deeper level. He rarely said anything in a literal fashion. There are plenty of verses I can quote that would suggest my idea. I didn't say the matter was perfectly clear or easy, but then again, neither is the entire concept of God as God must be something that is beyond the limited human mind's ability to truly understand. So I have no idea why you think that God should fit into some sort of little box that you have that you can understand.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188638 Sep 11, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Period.
I thought that Jesus was raised up according to the Quran?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#188639 Sep 11, 2013
El Cid wrote:
Does Deuteronomy 18:15-18 predict the coming of Muhammad?
http://carm.org/deuteronomy-18-muhammad

Deuteronomy 18:15-18

“The LORD your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your midst, from your brethren. Him you shall hear, 16 according to all you desired of the LORD your God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying,‘Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, nor let me see this great fire anymore, lest I die.’ 17 And the LORD said to me:‘What they have spoken is good. 18 I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their brethren, and will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I command Him (NKJV)."

In spite of the claims of Muslims, there are many reasons why this passage does not refer to prophet Muhammad.

“Brethren” Refers to Jews

First, given the context of Deuteronomy 18, the term “brethren” is referring to their fellow Israelites. Deuteronomy 18:2, says “They shall have no inheritance among their brethren.” Also, elsewhere in the book of Deuteronomy the term “brethren” refers to fellow Israelites (Deuteronomy 17:15). Since the term “brethren” refers to Israelites, why would God raise up a prophet from the enemies of Israel, the Arabs?
Muhammad from Ishmael
Second, Muhammad came from Ishmael, as Muslims admit, but heirs to the Jewish throne came from Isaac. The Torah states,“My covenant I will establish with Isaac,”(Genesis 17:21). Later, God repeats the same message,“In Isaac your seed shall be called,”(Genesis 21:12).
Prophetic Line through Isaac
Third, the Qur’an teaches that the prophetic line came through Isaac, not Ishmael:“And We bestowed on him Isaac and Jacob, and We established the Prophethood and the Scripture among his seed”(29:27). However, Yusuf Ali adds the word Abraham in the translation to make it read:“We gave (Abraham) Isaac and Jacob, and ordained among his progeny Porphethood and Revelation.” By adding Abraham, it is possible to include Muhammad in the prophetic line! However, Abraham is not found in the Arabic text of the Qur’an which Muslims consider to be perfectly correct!
Jesus Fulfilled Deuteronomy 18:15-18 Perfectly
Fourth, Jesus fulfilled Deuteronomy 18 perfectly. He came from his Jewish brethren (Galatians 4:4). Deuteronomy 18:18 says,“He shall speak to them all that I [God] command Him.” Jesus said,“I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things”(John 8:28; cf. John 12:49). Finally, Jesus called himself a “prophet”(Luke 13:33) and the people considered him to be a prophet (Matthew 21:11; Luke 7:16; 24:19; John 4:19; 6:14; 7:40; 9:17).
Therefore, given the above evidence, it is Jesus, not Muhammad who fulfilled this prophecy in Deuteronomy 18.
Hello, Buford

I am not discussing who is the prophet in Deut 18. I jus wish to point out that you were wrong when you wrote:

"“Brethren” Refers to Jews"

That is totally incorrect and absurd. There were no Jews present at Mount Sinai and Moses did not bring Jews out. Jews came from Judah a few centuries later.

Moses brought out Hebrews and many others. Ishmael's children were also Hebrews, even Esau's children were Hebrews. Many tribes were Hebrew. There were also children of other Hebrews, who had become idol worshippers. The point is that not all were Israelites.

So, Brethren does not refer to Jews.

Also God did not put words in Jesus' mouth and Jesus did not recite out God's words. You don't see God even talking to Jesus in the New Testament. Jesus and the Jews were busy in Tu Quoque exchanges in the Israel Forum.
bmz

Singapore

#188640 Sep 11, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Muslims are void of the Spirit of God in them.
That is why they kill and show that they are wild evil savage dogs.
Doing evil is Muhammad's calling card and trade mark his religion.
Muhammad boasted I have used evil to gain victories.
Muslims have sold their soul to the evil of Muhammad.
I just want you to spare God and have mercy upon God. Leave God alone.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#188641 Sep 11, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I concentrate on the Quran.
I shall leave gospels and hadith to the likes of you.
Where in the Bible do you see better treatment of women.
Women get the best treatment in Islam while the Church does not even think that women have a soul!
Women are accused of everything under the sun in the "bible".
Even good old "god" curses them!
Quran addresses both men and women when the "bible" is male chauvinistic and this is evidenced by the TRINTY!!!!
Where is god the daughter???
Come off it....
Muslims, Christians and Orthodox Jews are all misogynists. This is evidenced in their doctrines, culture, and practices. That is why the God of Abraham kept secret the fact that she was a woman. God wanted the world to think she was a man.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#188642 Sep 11, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that's not true. An Atheist would say the flood never happened in the first place and would never bother to accurately quote from the Torah. But I quote accurately from the Torah, and it is not my fault that the verses I quoted clearly contradict your invented claims. It clearly said God would never take that action again and the rainbow is supposed to be a clear sign of that promise and covenant. So are you willing to call the Torah verses I quoted false in order to make your ideas work? Either your ideas are mistaken, or the Torah is false in this case, but they can't both be right because they contradict each other. Your ideas contradict the clear verses I quoted, and there's no two ways about it.
rabbee: technically your making the same claim, as all atheists make. with your subtle claim, your not here in TheTorah. for if G-D is not giving TheTorah, Noach, the diluvium, Avraham and Sarah, Yeetzak, Yaachov, Moshe, or any of you could of happened here in TheTorah.

and you did not read, that promise to Noach correctly. because G-D never destroyed, the whole world that time either. otherwise Noach, His Family nor the 144,000 critters would have been there. as long as they have been survived, G-D has not destroyed the whole world.

G-D giving TheTorah is not a mistake. your refusal to be here in it is your mistake, and everyone else's. i can find no reference from G-D, or in TheTorah. that claims that G-D gives, any other accounting beyond TheTorah.

there is no promise from G-D, to give any tanach, quran, or any other non-Torah testament. They only claim to be giving TheTorah, and that's all. so i don't care if you think, G-D Only giving TheTorah here in it, is a joke to you. G-D only came to tell me about TheTorah here in IT. there is no mention of any of your other new or gnu testaments from subtle critters of the fields.
bmz

Singapore

#188643 Sep 11, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since you used to be a Muslim, then maybe you might remember the part about a woman's testimony being worth half of a man's in the Quran.
News4U, Seeker

news was never a Muslim.

Qur'aan does not say that a woman's testimony is worth half of a man.

What it says is that if one cannot get two male witnesses for a transaction, one can get a man and two women to be witnesses. Two women cannot be bought by the same man in case of a dispute on money and transaction matters.

If one forgets or does something wrong, the other will never agree with her. Jesus did not have this kind of wisdom as he was not a problem solver.

bmz

Singapore

#188644 Sep 11, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought that Jesus was raised up according to the Quran?
Not really!

Location hidden

#188645 Sep 11, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Period.
But you deny that Jesus rose from the dead and lives forever as God in human form.
Because Muslims deny that truth the demons of hell have possessed the soul of Muslims.
Muslims ridicule the redemption works of Jesus on the cross.
Muslim back up their lies and show they are wild evil savage dogs by killing non-believers of the lies of Muhammad.

The Muslim religion is Anti-God.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#188646 Sep 11, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text> Salaamz AleX. LOL! Well put and well said! Once again the khybaush has been put upon the misled and ignorant.And with such finess! LOL! CheerZ
rabbee: well a really good set of lies, to counter another set of lies. is not good, no matter well said they are. the fact is you all trying to prove, who is the better liar is not working as well as anticipated.
bmz

Singapore

#188647 Sep 11, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: technically your making the same claim, as all atheists make. with your subtle claim, your not here in TheTorah. for if G-D is not giving TheTorah, Noach, the diluvium, Avraham and Sarah, Yeetzak, Yaachov, Moshe, or any of you could of happened here in TheTorah.
and you did not read, that promise to Noach correctly. because G-D never destroyed, the whole world that time either. otherwise Noach, His Family nor the 144,000 critters would have been there. as long as they have been survived, G-D has not destroyed the whole world.
G-D giving TheTorah is not a mistake. your refusal to be here in it is your mistake, and everyone else's. i can find no reference from G-D, or in TheTorah. that claims that G-D gives, any other accounting beyond TheTorah.
there is no promise from G-D, to give any tanach, quran, or any other non-Torah testament. They only claim to be giving TheTorah, and that's all. so i don't care if you think, G-D Only giving TheTorah here in it, is a joke to you. G-D only came to tell me about TheTorah here in IT. there is no mention of any of your other new or gnu testaments from subtle critters of the fields.
Yes, Rabbee

G-d did not destroy the whole world. The flood was local. The Aborigines, the Indians, the Africans and the Chinese were there and neither they nor their critters were wiped out.

How does G-d look like, Rabbee? Does G-d look like Jesus?
bmz

Singapore

#188648 Sep 11, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The Holy Scriptures in the Bible explain God as a Trinity.
No! That is not true.

Such a statement has to come from Jesus and nobody else. And Jesus is not on record.

The Trinity blasphemy came 400 plus years after Jesus was gone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Airport runway battle heats up in Macon (Mar '09) Aug 15 Curious 31
News Ruby Rose reveals John Wick 2 co-star Keanu Ree... Aug 14 daredevil82 2
News Archaeologists in Serbia Unearth Ancient Spells... Aug 14 srbosjek 2
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug 11 Faa Samoa 1,978
News Preservation unit under probe - Hawaii News (Aug '09) Jul '16 Georgina 45
Cities’ Identity Through Architecture and Arts ... Jul '16 moabdallah 1
News On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Unsealed (Jan '13) Jul '16 Antonia 4
More from around the web