Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256358 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex WM

London, UK

#188028 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!! Yeah, says you, the guy who was stupid enough to think that people would actually believe he was an ex priest but continually refuses to tell people what his denomination was when asked. You are so pathetic and even worse, just downright stupid. You have the lying abilities of a child. A good liar is a bad thing, but a bad liar is just simply disgusting and pathetic.
You have no qualification or experience to test or judge my past, present or future.
Why should I tell you about my past. You are not my friend. You seem a creep. Until you can convince me that you are "normal" and "sane" I will not share my private/serious side with you. Trust needs to be earned, seeker.
The inferiority complex and jealous streak in you makes you challenge anything and everything that is superior to you or threatening to undermine your self confidence.
Yes, many things are superior to you.
Learn to live with them, boy.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#188029 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and he wasted no time after that performing incredible miracles and attracting large crowds.
<quoted text>
Gee, maybe healing the sick and the blind for starters?
<quoted text>
Do you believe they are any sort of Messiah? And I know how dishonest you are and how you will pretend that you never even saw me ask that question. And you are dishonestly trying to take advantage of mental patients and use them for your own desires. So who's really the good guy and who's really the bad guy in all of this? you are dishonestly pretending that you believe them so that you can use them. At least I am honest, and you have proven over and over again that you are not.
The Messiah was not supposed to heal people. Zechariah 11:16. Deafness and blindness is a spiritual condition. The "miracles" Jesus worked were acts of sorcery. Isaiah 57:3. You are a prime example of being deaf. You cannot understand because you are joined to your idols.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188030 Sep 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings, Alex. Is your agreement with Susan an investment?
I think the answer to your question should be quite obvious to you by now. He is a little boy that plays little boy games and he likes to make false "coalitions" if and when he thinks it will suit his needs. He thinks that if he can form some sort of group or cooperation to get everybody to disagree with me, then that is going to change whether my answers are correct or not. He lives under the fallacy that popularity or agreement automatically equates to truth. Now, I'm sure you don't like me, but at least I play no such games such as he does. He is sorely lacking in any sort of character at all.
Alex WM

London, UK

#188031 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
But I don't buddy up with them. Can't your retarded head figure that out? I sometimes don't even buddy up with Shamma if I think he is behaving stupidly. I'm not like Muslims where I have an "us verses them" go team ethos where someone on my side can say something wrong and I'll defend it anyway just because they are on my side. That is what Muslims are supposed to do, not Christians. Christians are supposed to know better then to behave that way. For Christians, wrong is wrong and right is right, no matter who is saying it. But Muslims will never criticize a fellow Muslim publicly, no matter how wrong they might think that person is.
But you buddy up with deranged EL Dic,lately a lot more with Shamma and many others!
You really have an insight problem, seeker.
You definitely need psychiatric help. I am sure you know it.
Sorry, if I touch a raw nerve, but you need help.
Alex WM

London, UK

#188032 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you try reading the New Testament? It was the Jewish authorities that had him crucified because he was attracting so much attention and they thought he was leading Jews away from them and their authority.
Precisely how many people followed him?
The only 12 fled....and some naked.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#188033 Sep 8, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
True.
Will Shamma or sucker..i mean seeker understand?
LOL
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188034 Sep 8, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Look here deranged control freak...
You cannot control the minds of humans.
Who said this?

"You do what you are told, dear deranged deluded biased antismitic Islamophobe:"

Hmmmm.....let me think. It will come to me soon. Why, it was YOU. How could I forget? LOL!!!!
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you are insane and "see" things in NT...that does not make you right!
I put out my theories and I quote verses to explain how and why I arrive at those conclusions. That is all that anybody can do. Period.
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
When I agree with their perspectives and if I have the time.. I say so.
I have NOT got angry with them the way you do!
If they say Muhammed PBUH is a fraud, so be it.
Great, so you like to buddy up with people who say that Muhammad is a fraud if you think it will meet your needs. That's pretty much what you just said.
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole world talks about the Holy Prophet Muhammed PBUH. Now that is a great miracle in itself.
LOL!!! Yeah, the world talks about Obama and Bush Jr. too. Is that a miracle? The world talks about Martin Luther King, and Hitler and Stalin too. Is that a miracle?
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly you are refusing to recognise something very important...
Jesus PBUH could not complete his mission.
Really? Tell me what these verses say.

21 From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

22 Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him.“Never, Lord!” he said.“This shall never happen to you!”

23 Jesus turned and said to Peter,“Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

You don't even have the faintest idea of what Jesus' mission actually was.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#188035 Sep 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think Jesus would be able to tell you your name? You don't understand that the Messiah is bound by the flesh and is human. If I could tell you your name, I'd be psychic and God wouldn't like that. My mind reading abilities are limited.
You do not understand who Jesus Christ is!
You are like the insane Muslims that want to glorify insanity over saneness.
You are a grown women with an insane mind.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#188036 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
It says he was put into a sleep to create the woman. That's all it says.
<quoted text>
He woke up before there were any other creatures of mankind and found Eve, or whatever you want to call her, and named her.
<quoted text>
Don't the two basically mean the same thing? Majestic and royal mean the same thing.
<quoted text>
It said that Adam can now die, just like all the rest of us do, and there is zero mention of his return. Zero.
<quoted text>
Jesus was never mentioned as having anything to do with Adam in either the Torah, Tanach, Old Testament or New Testament. The relationship is simply nowhere to be found except for in your own head.
<quoted text>
Well fine, but it is nowhere to be found in the scriptures at all. And you told me that people need to verify verify verify from the only true book there is, the Torah. But your claims simply are not to be found there.
<quoted text>
You. But I believe that you don't even realize that and actually believe all of the tripe you say, except of course about people witnessing you glowing blue and saying I want what you have. That part was a knowing lie on your part. All of the rest of it, you believe, but I wonder why you would even occasionally resort to lying if you have to. I'm fully convinced that you lied when you said other people saw you glowing blue and said I want what you have. That wasn't just a delusion on your part, you actually resorted to lying when you said that, and you and I both know that.
rabbee: Who is TheOne, called Benee Adam?
Alex WM

London, UK

#188037 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the answer to your question should be quite obvious to you by now. He is a little boy that plays little boy games and he likes to make false "coalitions" if and when he thinks it will suit his needs. He thinks that if he can form some sort of group or cooperation to get everybody to disagree with me, then that is going to change whether my answers are correct or not. He lives under the fallacy that popularity or agreement automatically equates to truth. Now, I'm sure you don't like me, but at least I play no such games such as he does. He is sorely lacking in any sort of character at all.
ahhh...the deranged control freak is playing the usual double game.
I am sure HughBe knows the score.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188038 Sep 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think Jesus would be able to tell you your name?
Yes, that and much more.

5 The woman said to him,“Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”

16 He told her,“Go, call your husband and come back.”

17 “I have no husband,” she replied.

Jesus said to her,“You are right when you say you have no husband. 18 The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true.”

19 “Sir,” the woman said,“I can see that you are a prophet. 20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”

21 “Woman,” Jesus replied,“believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

25 The woman said,“I know that Messiah”(called Christ) is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.

26 Then Jesus declared,“I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”

28 Then, leaving her water jar, the woman went back to the town and said to the people, 29 “Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Messiah?”
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#188039 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you try reading the New Testament? It was the Jewish authorities that had him crucified because he was attracting so much attention and they thought he was leading Jews away from them and their authority.
If the Jews had their way, they would've stoned him to death according to their law. It is my belief they opposed his crucifixion because they knew he was trying to fulfill scripture. If BJ rose bodily from the dead, how did he get past the stone at the entrance to the tomb?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#188040 Sep 8, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Precisely how many people followed him?
The only 12 fled....and some naked.
What do you know about God Alex?
Do you know your Allah is not God, but rather the insane mind set of your prophet Muhammad?

Do you know the Quran is an evil book that promotes insanity in the mind of Muslims?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#188041 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that exactly what the scriptures I quoted said?
<quoted text>
That's what the scriptures actually say. It says that Adam was put into a deep sleep, and then God took a part of his side (rib), used it to create Eve and when he woke up he saw Eve and named her woman after he already named the animals earlier before his deep sleep. That's exactly what the scriptures say. Adam existed before Eve and named the animals before woman even existed. What do you want me to do? Deny the scriptures that you tell people are the only truth? That's clearly what they say in no uncertain terms. And as to how you have Mary existing on the fourth day while God was still creating the earth is simply beyond me.
rabbee: and you were not even there, when i saw the woman chaooah. and i, woke up.

and according to scripture, Adam is both adam and chaooah to begin with. They-Both existed together, in One Unique Body of flesh as Rabbee-rabbee.

it does not say G-D made Adam in my image. it says G-D made Adam in OUR IMAGE And OUR LIKENESS. OUR is plural, not singular. Adam even Yeshooah is plural, not singular. HaMosheeach - is plural not singular. ELOHEEM is plural, not singular. ElSHADDAEE is plural not singular. YHVH is plural, not singular. I-AM WHO I-AM is dualistically plural.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188042 Sep 8, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: Who is TheOne, called Benee Adam?
I do not know Hebrew, so how about if you merely quote the verse where this is used and use the verse to explain it?
Alex WM

London, UK

#188043 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said this?
"You do what you are told, dear deranged deluded biased antismitic Islamophobe:"
Hmmmm.....let me think. It will come to me soon. Why, it was YOU. How could I forget? LOL!!!!
See what I mean!
Because you are a control freak I am giving you a dose of your own meds.
When will you develop a brain with atleast 2 lobes.
Alex WM

London, UK

#188044 Sep 8, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you know about God Alex?
Do you know your Allah is not God, but rather the insane mind set of your prophet Muhammad?
Do you know the Quran is an evil book that promotes insanity in the mind of Muslims?
Is Jesus THE God of Israel, Abraham, Noah and Adam?
Thanks.
Alex WM

London, UK

#188045 Sep 8, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You do not understand who Jesus Christ is!
You are like the insane Muslims that want to glorify insanity over saneness.
You are a grown women with an insane mind.
Is Jesus Christ the God of Israel, Abraham, Noah and Adam?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#188046 Sep 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>If the Jews had their way, they would've stoned him to death according to their law.
They may have had to follow Roman law.
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>
It is my belief they opposed his crucifixion because they knew he was trying to fulfill scripture. If BJ rose bodily from the dead, how did he get past the stone at the entrance to the tomb?
Let me see if I can understand this. You say that a person can actually raise themselves from the dead, but then you question how this person could get past a stone?

Anyway, here is one account. There are other, slightly varying accounts.

24 On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. 2 They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, 3 but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. 4 While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. 5 In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them,“Why do you look for the living among the dead? 6 He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 7 ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’” 8 Then they remembered his words.
Alex WM

London, UK

#188047 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I put out my theories and I quote verses to explain how and why I arrive at those conclusions. That is all that anybody can do. Period.
That's right...they are JUST YOUR theories. These have nothing to do with Jesus the Jew who came for the Jewish people.
Jesus the Jew avoided Gentiles whenever he could.
Just because you are insane and "see" things in NT...that does not make you right!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Volunteers wanted to join community archaeologi... Sat dig 1
News Safeguarding Islam's ancient past May '17 Tear it down 1
News Men made strange discoveryHere are the top stor... May '17 Dr Reker s Bellhop 1
News Boy finds 5,000-year-old spearhead (Feb '12) May '17 Natgan 3
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... May '17 okimar 25
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Apr '17 Plunder 5
News Archaeologists Reconstruct Face of Medieval Man... Mar '17 kornadnez 1
More from around the web