Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 214,889

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Read more
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187964 Sep 8, 2013
Searching The Cube of Mecca brought me to this interesting site: http://mysterybabylon-watch.blogspot.com/2011...
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187965 Sep 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I do your homework?
At this point, I am thoroughly convinced that you are nothing more than an idiotic terrorist wannabe who really needs a decent education. I have news for you. Reading the Quran does not constitute a decent, acceptable education. In fact, it only seems to make people more backwards, stupider and more closed minded.

That book seems to consistently have a terrible effect on people's minds and is responsible for the absolute mess that the Arab world is today, where they are still far behind the rest of the world, 90 years after being freed from the dark veil of the Ottomans. You people invent nothing, except new reasons to fight each other, and if you weren't lucky enough to be sitting on top of gobs of oil, you would be just like the poor African countries.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#187966 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the word "Gods" used in the New Testament?
What difference does it make? It's your book, you tell me. Jesus identified God as his father in heaven. I don't think they're supposed to be Siamese twins or triplets, are they? That's the only way they could be one god. I believe you think they are three different entities. Only a husband and wife are one flesh Gen. 2:24, not a father and son.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187967 Sep 8, 2013
El Cid wrote:
Searching The Cube of Mecca brought me to this interesting site: http://mysterybabylon-watch.blogspot.com/2011...
There is a story where the pagans had to rebuild the Kaaba that they honored and that Christians and Jews NEVER honored nor ever cared about. They couldn't decide which tribe was going to have the honor of lifting the black stone into place. So they asked Muhammad, who himself used to honor the Kaaba just like his fellow pagans did. So Muhammad had them each grab a corner of his robe and lift it up to the placeholder for the black stone, and then Muhammad gave HIMSELF the honor of lifting it into place. If only they knew the foreshadowing of what was to come that this represented.

The moral? The Kaaba and Black Stone CLEARLY came from pagan traditions and never had any place at all in either Judaism nor Christianity. Muhammad merely made up lies to incorporate this clearly pagan tradition into the phony, trumped up religion he was creating by saying that Abraham built it, when no such thing can ever be found. Why would the Jews want to ignore something that Abraham built? The answer is, they didn't. Abraham never built it, and that claim was nothing but one of multiple lies that Muhammad was willing to make up.

Why didn't the Quran say right up front that the prayer direction was supposed to be Mecca rather than Jerusalem and correct that "supposed" error right from the beginning? Because Muhammad himself was making the Quran up as he went along. So at first, when he had hopes of courting the Jews, the prayer direction was Jerusalem. But when they correctly rejected him as the fraud that he was because they saw right through him, suddenly the prayer direction gets changed to Mecca. And what was the excuse used? Allah was testing them. Yes, God has them face Jerusalem for thousands of years, and then suddenly, just when Muhammad needed it to be so, the prayer direction changes and suddenly the Jews had been facing the wrong direction for thousands of years. Are you kidding me? What a scam artist this guy was.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#187968 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest that you include yourself on that list. I don't know how much more proud and lofty one can be than to think they are the Messiah. It doesn't get any worse than that. Hopefully, God will forgive you for your blasphemies.
Why don't you apply the same logic to Jesus? At one time I was proud but I was humbled 30 years ago. Prov. 18:12 "...before honor is humility". The first Day of the Lord will be upon everyone who is "high" and they will be brought low. I believe I am the Messiah because I am the Messiah and I'm very close to proving it. My beliefs are not dependent on having a lot of followers. Just wait a little.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187969 Sep 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>What difference does it make? It's your book, you tell me.
It's not there. Nowhere is the word Gods used. You simply do not have a proper understanding of Christianity, and yet you are supposed to be a Messiah? HAH!!
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus identified God as his father in heaven. I don't think they're supposed to be Siamese twins or triplets, are they? That's the only way they could be one god. I believe you think they are three different entities. Only a husband and wife are one flesh Gen. 2:24, not a father and son.
It is supposed to be three different manifestations or forms of ONE God. That is why the word Gods is never uttered in the New Testament, oh great bubble headed Messiah. Now maybe it's possible that the Messiah would not believe in Christianity, but I find it difficult to believe that the Messiah would so greatly misunderstand what it really is. You are guided by nobody except your own delusional mind and imagination.
Alex WM

London, UK

#187970 Sep 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies for saying this, bro, but this second Adam or the last Adam is Bull Shit.
Salaams
BMZ
There is no need to apologise, bro!

I used their absurd claims to remind them that they are still referring to a PUNY human from PUNY planet earth, even if they choose to call him 1st, 2nd, 3rd or even trillionth Adam.

It is atrociously ridiculous to equate this PUNY earthling to ALMIGHTY GOD, who is the creator of space, time, dimensions including infinite number of solar systems, galaxies and universes with the possibility of many life forms superior to the PUNY earthlings.

Clearly their painfully embarrassing and mind numbingly ignorant claim about their PUNY mangod has no credibility whatsoever.

This buries mangod for good.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187971 Sep 8, 2013
It's funny how all these Messiahs here picked the Topix Islam as an important method of communicating their all important message to the human race. I feel so honored just to have the opportunity to be in their presence and hear their wondrous words coming from their idiotic and delusional bullhorns. Gee, topix is far more important than I ever imagined. The Messiahs just can't seem to stay away from it.

I was sure lucky when I found this place. Maybe I should start thinking I am a Messiah too, since I was so lucky to find this Special Olympics of mental capacity. Why not? Might as well throw another hat in the ring while we are at it. Couldn't hurt at this point. Maybe others here should start declaring themselves as the Messiah also. Couldn't hurt at this point. Couldn't get much worse anyway.
Alex WM

London, UK

#187972 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a story where the pagans had to rebuild the Kaaba that they honored and that Christians and Jews NEVER honored nor ever cared about. They couldn't decide which tribe was going to have the honor of lifting the black stone into place. So they asked Muhammad, who himself used to honor the Kaaba just like his fellow pagans did. So Muhammad had them each grab a corner of his robe and lift it up to the placeholder for the black stone, and then Muhammad gave HIMSELF the honor of lifting it into place. If only they knew the foreshadowing of what was to come that this represented.
The moral? The Kaaba and Black Stone CLEARLY came from pagan traditions and never had any place at all in either Judaism nor Christianity. Muhammad merely made up lies to incorporate this clearly pagan tradition into the phony, trumped up religion he was creating by saying that Abraham built it, when no such thing can ever be found. Why would the Jews want to ignore something that Abraham built? The answer is, they didn't. Abraham never built it, and that claim was nothing but one of multiple lies that Muhammad was willing to make up.
Why didn't the Quran say right up front that the prayer direction was supposed to be Mecca rather than Jerusalem and correct that "supposed" error right from the beginning? Because Muhammad himself was making the Quran up as he went along. So at first, when he had hopes of courting the Jews, the prayer direction was Jerusalem. But when they correctly rejected him as the fraud that he was because they saw right through him, suddenly the prayer direction gets changed to Mecca. And what was the excuse used? Allah was testing them. Yes, God has them face Jerusalem for thousands of years, and then suddenly, just when Muhammad needed it to be so, the prayer direction changes and suddenly the Jews had been facing the wrong direction for thousands of years. Are you kidding me? What a scam artist this guy was.
Need to look into the pagan meccan buildings to "see" if they worshipped their chief naked pagan on a phallus who was seducing folks to chew his raw meat and suck of his bodily juices living water and blood.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#187973 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
At this point, I am thoroughly convinced that you are nothing more than an idiotic terrorist wannabe who really needs a decent education. I have news for you. Reading the Quran does not constitute a decent, acceptable education. In fact, it only seems to make people more backwards, stupider and more closed minded.
That book seems to consistently have a terrible effect on people's minds and is responsible for the absolute mess that the Arab world is today, where they are still far behind the rest of the world, 90 years after being freed from the dark veil of the Ottomans. You people invent nothing, except new reasons to fight each other, and if you weren't lucky enough to be sitting on top of gobs of oil, you would be just like the poor African countries.
These Arab nations are also Semitic, the chosen race, as are most of the nations in the middle east. Lets not forget the Irish Protestants and Catholics who had been killing each other for decades. At least the Muslims aren't homosexual pedophiles like the Christians are which, btw, is a deadly sin. Malachi 2:1-10. Christian leaders are also only interested in money, Isaiah 56:11 "Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter..."
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187974 Sep 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you apply the same logic to Jesus?
Maybe because Jesus could perform miracles which is something you cannot do? The only miracle you can perform is to create a miraculous whirlpool in your toilet by flushing it. When is that fact going to sink in? Well, next time you perform that miracle, try flushing your delusional ideas of self grandeur right down along with it. I'll tell you, people really have a lot of nerve.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187975 Sep 8, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Need to look into the pagan meccan buildings to "see" if they worshipped their chief naked pagan on a phallus who was seducing folks to chew his raw meat and suck of his bodily juices living water and blood.
There is nothing special ever mentioned about the Kaaba or Black Stone ANYWHERE in either Christian or Jewish scriptures. It is NOWHERE to be found. What motivation would they have to completely ignore it if Abraham built it? They wouldn't, and they didn't because Abraham never built it. That was a self serving lie created by Muhammad to court the pagans of his area.
Alex WM

London, UK

#187976 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you learn the English language properly? For God's sake, you live in the UK. I could excuse BMZ but not you. And he knows English better than YOU do. So what does that say? HAS BEEN and IS often mean the same exact thing. It's just two different ways of putting it. Saying at the end of a game that team xyz has been defeated and team xyz is defeated means the same exact thing you ignorant retard. And again, you live in the UK, so you have no excuse for your ignorance other than calling you the stupid moron that you actually are.
This deranged deluded bigoted lonely sad islamophobe tends to jump the gun or exclaim/ejaculate prematurely - the story of his life and no wonder he has no female companions.
I was developing the case and mr. seekr the sucker had to get sucked in midstream!

The fool is waiting for links when the post includes my comments as well!

Here we go on to the next bit...in
Isaiah 9:5[6]
and ... was [placed] according to Hebrew Bible
and ...[it] shall be [placed] according to KJV.

Isaiah 9:5[6]
and .... called (Heb Bible)
and ... shall be called (KJV)

AND.........

The difference between the respective renditions of Isaiah 9:6[7] is more subtle.
This subtlety goes hand-in-hand with the changes
made in 9:5(6), the aim of which is to shift the focus of this verse.
Namely, attention is diverted from an individual the Prophet had in mind in Isaiah 9:5[6], the one who will eventually become a righteous and successful King of Judah sitting on the throne of David, to Christianity’s lord and savior.
As a direct continuation from the previous
verse, the Hebrew text of Isaiah 9:6
and its Jewish rendition in English start out with the explanation of that rather lengthy and complex name/title given to the child. The text indicates that God will help create these conditions for the
child being spoken of in Isaiah 9:5[6]
– the future king in the line of King David.
If Isaiah 9:5[6] were about God, then the statement, " for the increase of the
authority and for peace without end, on David's throne and on his kingdom", in Isaiah
9:6[7] would be tantamount to placing God "in a box", i.e., this would be equivalent to severely restricting God!!!!!!!
This phrase describes the reign of a successful king, such as King Solomon, whose reign was described in similar terms elsewhere in the Hebrew Bible:1Kings 2:12 - And Solomon sat on the throne of David his father; and his kingdom was firmly established.
Contrast this with Isaiah's vision of God three chapters before Isaiah 9:5-6[6-7], which is in sharp contrast to that of a mortal monarch:
Isaiah 6:1 - In the year of the death of King Uzziah, I also saw the Lord sitting upon a high and exalted throne; and His lower extremities filled the Temple.
If that child in Isaiah 9:5[6] eventually became the ruler only of David's kingdom and nothing more, would it not be presumptuous to attribute divinity to someone whose rule did not exceed that of flesh and blood?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187977 Sep 8, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
It is atrociously ridiculous to equate this PUNY earthling to ALMIGHTY GOD, who is the creator of space, time, dimensions including infinite number of solar systems, galaxies and universes with the possibility of many life forms superior to the PUNY earthlings.
Yes and it is ridiculous to think that this creator thought the sky was a canopy, roof or dome that is held up by invisible pillars, was raised ABOVE the earth instead of the earth being surrounded by it and is going to become weak one day and crack open. But, if we attribute 69:16 and other verses to a 7th century Bedouin, then it makes perfect sense because that is exactly what they thought the sky was. When are you going to wake up and smell the coffee? When is your hypnosis going to end?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187978 Sep 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>These Arab nations are also Semitic, the chosen race, as are most of the nations in the middle east. Lets not forget the Irish Protestants and Catholics who had been killing each other for decades. At least the Muslims aren't homosexual pedophiles like the Christians are which, btw, is a deadly sin. Malachi 2:1-10. Christian leaders are also only interested in money, Isaiah 56:11 "Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter..."
Isaiah was talking about fellow Jews you dumbass.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#187979 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not there. Nowhere is the word Gods used. You simply do not have a proper understanding of Christianity, and yet you are supposed to be a Messiah? HAH!!
<quoted text>
It is supposed to be three different manifestations or forms of ONE God. That is why the word Gods is never uttered in the New Testament, oh great bubble headed Messiah. Now maybe it's possible that the Messiah would not believe in Christianity, but I find it difficult to believe that the Messiah would so greatly misunderstand what it really is. You are guided by nobody except your own delusional mind and imagination.
Did you know Satan and Lucifer are Christians? And they both think they're going back to heaven. Satan (Adam) will be executed with a sword Isaiah 27:1 and Lucifer (Jesus) will burst into flames. Ezekiel 28:18. I've completely read thru the NT three times and I was raised a Christian. I know all I need to know about your phony religion and God is a woman. My doctor (Elijah) believes in me.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187980 Sep 8, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>These Arab nations are also Semitic, the chosen race, as are most of the nations in the middle east.
Why don't you ask your fellow Jews what they think about that and watch them laugh right in your face? Who was the covenant made with? Both Isaac and Ishmael, or Issac alone? Why don't you read your own scriptures?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#187981 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe because Jesus could perform miracles which is something you cannot do? The only miracle you can perform is to create a miraculous whirlpool in your toilet by flushing it. When is that fact going to sink in? Well, next time you perform that miracle, try flushing your delusional ideas of self grandeur right down along with it. I'll tell you, people really have a lot of nerve.
What are you going to do if it turns out I'm right? You've blasphemed the living God. It's considered a sin against Gods person and as such, is deadly.
Alex WM

London, UK

#187982 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing special ever mentioned about the Kaaba or Black Stone ANYWHERE in either Christian or Jewish scriptures. It is NOWHERE to be found. What motivation would they have to completely ignore it if Abraham built it? They wouldn't, and they didn't because Abraham never built it. That was a self serving lie created by Muhammad to court the pagans of his area.
Nothing mentioned anywhere in Christian or Jewish scriptures about BJ the mangod!
Prove it...

A)Is BJ(biblical Jesus) "The Only Begotten Son of God" or "The Only Begotten Son of god the father"?
(who is BJ's daddy? God or god the father?)

B)
……
If a person answers these SINCERELY, they will know that Jesus is NOT G-d.

Please READ the instructions carefully and answer the questions.

The instructions are very simple...
"Give YES or NO answers providing relevant chapters and verses as proof. No need for any additional comments or own interpretations"
…………………………

Show us where Jesus makes DIRECT claims in the first person as follows, in the Synoptic Gospels OR EVEN GOSPEL OF JOHN, by giving us chapter/verse as proof:

1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person" 7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God” 14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#187983 Sep 8, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah was talking about fellow Jews you dumbass.
You're anti semitic and you're the dumb ass, he was talking about idolaters (some of which were Jewish) You do not understand plain scripture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News From parking lot to cathedral, Richard III is c... Fri SpaceBlues 2
News New theory on Stonehenge describes it as 'an an... Mar 23 Garry Denke 1
News On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Unsealed (Jan '13) Mar 18 susan 3
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Mar 16 original indian 188
News How ISIS Is Destroying Ancient Art in Iraq and ... Mar 11 jinxi 6
News Mummy Problems: As Florida Bans 'Climate Change... Mar 10 IB DaMann 3
News Islamic State destroying another ancient site i... Mar 7 Jeff Brightone 1
More from around the web