Who Is Allah?

There are 20 comments on the Aug 24, 2007, The Brussels Journal story titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex WM

London, UK

#187842 Sep 7, 2013
which is "forged" and which is "unforged":

A...For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."

B...For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called:Wonderful Counselor,d Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187843 Sep 7, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the bigoted deluded ignorant deranged Islamophobe know the difference between the 5 prayers.... even in terms of congregational ones.
All I know is that I can't find any specific mention of that in the Quran at all and that most Muslims claim the number 5 comes from Muhammad's night journey, not the Quran.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187844 Sep 7, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
This deluded deranged bigoted ignorant islamophobe is UNABLE to understand the completely opposing view from the JEWISH Tanach.
Link your source and explain it. That shouldn't be too difficult for you to do at all.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187845 Sep 7, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
A...For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."
B...For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called:Wonderful Counselor,d Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Link your sources and you will get an answer.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187846 Sep 7, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi BU(tteredbuttturdlick)FORD....
Go for it butford.
Dick Head,

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt1009.htm

5 For a child is born unto us, a son is given unto us; and the government is upon his shoulder; and his name is called Pele-joez-el-gibbor-Abi-ad-sar -shalom;

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pele-joez-el-gib...
Alex WM

London, UK

#187847 Sep 7, 2013
The detailed analysis of the Hebrew text of Isaiah 9:5-6 and supporting passages in
the Hebrew Bible demonstrate how this passage describes events that had already
taken place during the era in which these prophetic words were spoken by Isaiah,
i.e., it is an historical, not a messianic, passage. Additional passages in the Hebrew
Bible helped establish the connection
between this near-term prophecy and the
righteous King Hezekiah as the one of which Isaiah spoke.
This passage, Isaiah 9:5-6[6-7], appears to have appealed to Church translators as
an opportunity to infuse into the words of Isaiah Christological significance, since all
that was required to accomplish this were adjustments to the tenses, a manipulation
that changed the historical context (past te
nse) into a current and prophetic context
(present and future tenses).
Yet, it still is puzzling why this passage was targeted for revision in view of the fact
that the authors of the New Testament did not believe that it applied to Jesus, as is
evident from their silence about it.

Tiny clues:
The authors of the NT do not cite either of these two verses, and nowhere do they ever refer to Jesus by any of the names/titles that appear in Isaiah 9:5[6].

This means they did NOT consider them as references to BJ.

These names/titles actually are inconsistent with common references to Jesus. How can “The everlasting Father” also be “The Son”?

BJ the "Prince of Peace", as in the KJV rendition of Isaiah 9:6, appears to proclaim just the CONTRARY about himself:
Matthew 10:34(KJV)- Think NOT that I am come to send peace on earth: I came NOT to send peace, but a sword!!!!!!!!!!Also Luke 19:27.]
Surely, this cannot portray someone who is called “The Prince of Peace”!!!!!
Alex WM

London, UK

#187848 Sep 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't link your source for this, so this is merely to be ignored until you do.
The deranged, bigoted, ignorant, deluded, paranoid self confessed god "seer"...should do some running to find the source and challenge it!
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187849 Sep 7, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
Jews have held steadfast to their beliefs for thousands of years, amidst all forms of persecution and hardship.
They have done so in the belief that the Jewish people – as bearers of God’s message of morality and justice – have a unique and crucial role to play in human history.
Which most certainly explains why Mohammad expelled all of the the Jews from Arabia, except for the ones who were murdered, of course.
Alex WM

London, UK

#187850 Sep 7, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Dick Head,
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt1009.htm
5 For a child is born unto us, a son is given unto us; and the government is upon his shoulder; and his name is called Pele-joez-el-gibbor-Abi-ad-sar -shalom;
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pele-joez-el-gib...
El- dicKhead the Uneducated woodworker who is struggling with wikipedia for the subnormal.....
Go to some Jewish sites and they will kick your ass.
I will make it relatively painless...

Which is "forged" and which is "unforged":

El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187851 Sep 7, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
El- dicKhead the Uneducated woodworker who is struggling with wikipedia for the subnormal.....
Go to some Jewish sites and they will kick your ass.
I will make it relatively painless...
Which is "forged" and which is "unforged":
Richard Head,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pele-joez-el-gib...
Alex WM

London, UK

#187852 Sep 7, 2013
Isaiah 9:5 – Hebrew text and English translation
Jewish Translation from the Hebrew Text
For a child has been born to us, a son has been
given to us, and the authority was placed upon
his shoulder, and [He, the] Wondrous Adviser,
Mighty God, Eternal Father/Patron, called his
name: Ruler of Peace;

The predominant view among Jewish Sages is that the series of first three names/titles –
Wondrous Adviser, Mighty God, Eternal Patron/Father
– are all references to God, and that the last
name/title – Ruler of Peace – is the symbolic name/title that God ordered to be given to the child that is the subject of this verse. This is quite similar to the way Hosea was told to name his children (see Hosea 1:4-9).

Who, then, could this child be?
The historical record of the Kingdom of Judah
recorded in the Hebrew Bible from the time of King
Ahaz onwards, suggests that the name/title
Ruler of Peace, alludes to the fact that there
was a prolonged period of peace in the Land of Israel during King Hezekiah’s reign.
This peaceful span was highlighted by his invitation to the remnant of the Jews who lived in the Northern Kingdom of Israel to participate in the celebration of the Passover (see 2Chronicles 30).
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187853 Sep 7, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Benyamin Netanyahu agree with you? NO!!!
rabbee: how does benyamin netanyahu, disagreeing with any one. make him any truer to G-D, than any one else not true to G-D, he disagrees with?

i am not buying, that benyamin netanyahu is true to G-D. any more than i am buying, your being true to G-D.
Alex WM

London, UK

#187854 Sep 7, 2013
Some of the major differences between Judaism and Christianity come to surface when we compare the respective views on several of the basic components they share.
These comparisons bear out the fact that Christianity and Judaism are two FUNDAMENTALLY DIFFERENT theologies that happen to share a distant common origin.

However, by rejecting the basic tenets of Judaism nearly 20 centuries ago, Christianity carved out its own "niche" among world religions.

The results of this comparative analysis
demonstrate the ABSURDITY of claims by Christian missionaries who engage in Jewish evangelism, such as Christianity being "fulfilled/completed Judaism".

The FOLLOWING statement SUCCINCTLY CAPTURES the
essence of HOW DIFFERENT the two theologies are:

Scholars tell us that Christianity could be reduced to "faith in God," and Judaism to
"wrestling with God."

Jews are obliged to question, struggle with and even, in extreme cases, take God to a holy court for the injustices of the world – where do you find
this in Christianity?

Jews, while they must respect the fact that Christians, just as the followers of any
other religion, have their own beliefs, also need to understand that CHRISTIAN THEOLOGY, regardless of denominational banners, IS AT ODDS WITH what the HEBREW BIBLE teaches and, therefore, is NOT SUITABLE FOR JEWISH PEOPLE.

OH DEAR OH DEAR..........
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#187855 Sep 7, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>You're a bloody fool!!-El Cid
Coming from you it is a compliment, only a fool can recognize another fool- MUQ
Alex WM

London, UK

#187856 Sep 7, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: how does benyamin netanyahu, disagreeing with any one. make him any truer to G-D, than any one else not true to G-D, he disagrees with?
i am not buying, that benyamin netanyahu is true to G-D. any more than i am buying, your being true to G-D.
We are all entitled to our opinions Rabbee.
Benyamin is a Jewish person and he disagrees with Christian theology.
Alex WM

London, UK

#187857 Sep 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
All I know is that I can't find any specific mention of that in the Quran at all and that most Muslims claim the number 5 comes from Muhammad's night journey, not the Quran.
Most Muslims??
Does this bigoted deranged deluded insane Islamophobe know a single Muslim personally?
But first he needs to be let out of his cell.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#187858 Sep 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
MUQ wrote:
In just 10 years of wars, our prophet was able to transform the entire country of Arabia from paganism and Idol Worship to strict monotheism and do you know what was the BODY COUNT on both side? It was not more than 1000!! Can you beat it?
Where does this figure of 1000 come from? I can't find it. I know that Muhammad had around 800 Jews beheaded, and that was the result of only one battle or invasion. And there were many invasions. So again, where did this figure come from?
Do some research, search (as you did to find the "proofs" of our prophet's cruelty from Islamic books), add the figures of those killed in battles of prophet and add the figure ...

It would come to be less than 1000, counting on both side and it was only Jews of BANI QURAIDAH that increased this figure, otherwise it would have been less than 600!!

That Treacherous back stabbing foolish Jewish tribe!!

A little work would give you the result, however if you are incapable of doing it, "request" me and I will give you the countup.

But you have to withdraw your "assumption" that our prophet was a "Blood thirsty tyrant, willing to shed his opponents blood at any pretext, and always terrorizing his opponents".

Is it a fair bargain?

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#187859 Sep 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Where was that said? We have already been through this and you couldn't make it add up to exactly five. And as you always do, you stop participating in the conversation and pretend it never happened and a few weeks later you make the same claim as though the conversation never happened or as though you answered the problem sufficiently when you never did any such thing. You do things like this all of the time.
Can't remember. I believe I had given the numbers of the verses and the Surahs.

You know that. Don't you?

17:78 and 20:130 are two main verses. There are others too. The two should suffice.

Ask if you need help.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#187860 Sep 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
@ MUQ
Thanks for the long list of American wars and battles. Looks like the country does not want to see peace established in the world.
After going through the long list, I have a question:
Who says America is tired and weary of wars?
War has mostly been an engine of growth for the US economy. It is a tool used whenever the American economy is not doing well and the American Regime faces lots of problems at home.
Salaams
BMZ
Thank you brother for your appreciation.

In USA the War itself is a business.

How it happened, I do not know, but my guess is that Some Zionist Jews made it to USA at its earliest dates and they saw that is would be best for their own survival if some how US can be engaged in never ending wars wars

Well they did it well as every one can see. US HAS to be at war one way or the other, as decided by these Zionist Jews and we see the result.

This is my analysis and Allah Knows the Best.

Thanks once again and Salaam

MUQ

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#187861 Sep 7, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>What a stupid argument!
How so?

I wrote clearly:

It is not my job to produce the 'unforged' version of the OT and the NT. Even the Vatican or the Church does not have any original of anything.

I only bring up the forgeries in the NT and the OT and present the dung, Buford.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The History of Human Migration (Feb '13) Apr 21 jake10 2
News "Digging" the Archaeological Study Bible; Curre... (Jan '08) Apr 16 Crazy Talk 12
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Apr 14 MUQ2 189
News Ark of the Covenant: 8 Alleged Resting Places (Oct '12) Apr 13 Polaris 60
News Dalton Historical Commission Prepares for... Apr 12 cops are psychopaths 1
News New controversy surrounds alleged 'Jesus family... Apr 11 SpaceBlues 1
News From parking lot to cathedral, Richard III is c... Mar 27 SpaceBlues 2
More from around the web