Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256266 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187809 Sep 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. I showed that Isaiah in the OT was a forged translation.
Won't you consider "Kiss the Son" in Psalms 2 of OT, a forgery?
rabbee: out of all the alleged, only true scriptures here on earth. only TheTorah Scroll, has been properly maintained. why???
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187811 Sep 7, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
if only there was such a thing, as an only true religion, church or synagogue actually true to G-D. but there isn't even, one today.
Let's suppose that's true. What are people supposed to do about that?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187812 Sep 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Ans.
Just like US is engaged in “endless wars” for part 200 years of its history, what is wrong if our prophet was engaged in “endless wars” with his enemies for last 10 years of his life.
Nothing at all, if the "divine order" is to abolish paganism and polytheism by committing theft and murder and rape and enslavement, practices that endured in Islam for CENTURIES.
MUQ wrote:
And for past 12 years US and its allies are engaged in “endless wars” with their enemies in Iraq and Afghanistan…what is the “body count” on both side and what they have achieved?
I don't know the "body count," but if exposing the great divide between Shi'ites and Sunnis and getting out of the way as they blow each other to bloody pieces is an achievement worth celebrating, then I'd say that these "endless wars" have been smashingly successful.
MUQ wrote:
In just 10 years of wars, our prophet was able to transform the entire country of Arabia from paganism and Idol Worship to strict monotheism and do you know what was the BODY COUNT on both side? It was not more than 1000!!
Can you beat it?
That your "prophet" killed Ashraf because of things that Ashraf SAID that your "prophet" found offensive disqualifies him.
MUQ wrote:
I think it is waste of time for me to provide answers to what “isolated verses from Quran you have quoted”.
You can prove any thing by just quoting verses from any scripture without context.
Yes, you'd rather ignore the bloody marching orders that your "prophet" issued.
MUQ wrote:
Want me to prove from Quotations from Gospel that Jesus wanted to Rule and Lord over the world and would not have minded how many of his enemies were brought and killed in front of him.?
You're referencing a parable. Prove that it refers to Jesus, if you can.
MUQ wrote:
PS:
01. I had selected your post to reply about Quranic verses quoted by you, but after seeing the general tone of your post in opening part of your message, I thought it would be a worthless exercise.
People like you are not in the market to learn something and use logic and reason.
What I have learned from you is that you gladly defend a thieving, murdering, rape enabling enslaver of women and children because he claimed to be divinely inspired, and had the goal of eliminating polytheism, even though the Jews that he expelled from Arabia were ALREADY strict monotheists. Their crime/sin was REJECTING that "prophet" of yours as a damned liar.
MUQ wrote:
02. Any way I am giving you a list of wars in which the “Young” country of US has been involved in past 200 years.
So what? The US has never gone to war quoting the Qur'an!
MUQ wrote:
It does not look good if you accuse our prophet of being engaged in “endless wars”.
Your "prophet" sure as hell WANTED to be involved in "endless wars!"

Bukhari:V4B52N54 "The Prophet said,'Were it not for the believers who do not want me to leave them, I would certainly and always go forth in army units setting out in Allah's Cause. I would love to be martyred in Allah's Cause and then get resurrected and then get martyred, and then get resurrected again and then get martyred and then get resurrected again and then get martyred.'"

The bloodthirsty fool...

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#187813 Sep 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not the question of liking or disliking the result, it is the method one uses.
if you keep on repeating and abusing him and his personal character, there will never be any result.
We have eyewitness reports (in hundreds and thousands) about his noble and peaceful nature, his sincere and truthful character, his mercy and his charity and the rules he brought.
If you ignore all that and keep on repeating like a "broken record" based on "Imperfect bits and pieces of info gathered from here and there"...there will never be any agreement.
And it is not "Your acceptance" I am looking in this discussion.
Just to show you Biblical verses that point to the advent of our prophet.
And most of these verses were not fulfilled by Jesus.
So either you try to prove that they refer to jesus, or bring another candidate or say that we are still waiting for such a person to appear.
Otherwise your stand will be unreasonable and illogical.
This is the main purpose of my posting these verse, to show every one on this thread that how illogical and unreasonable is your attitude.
I will proceed to place the next OT prophesy on this thread. Inshallah
You speak words with out understanding the prophecy of Isaiah 45.
The Holy one of Israel is Jesus Christ.
Isaiah 45 is about the coming of God in the flesh on earth and that the Jews are to look to Jesus to save them from their sins.

At that day shall a man look to his Maker,.... The one only living and true God, who has made him, and not he himself, nor any other creature; that is, such as are left, as before described, the remnant, according to the election of grace; these shall look to God for help and assistance, for supply, support, and protection; and to Christ particularly, who is the Maker of all things, without whom was not any thing made that is made, for all spiritual blessings; for righteousness and strength, for peace and pardon, for food, and all comfortable supplies of grace, for life and salvation; who is set up to be looked unto for these things; to whom men are directed and encouraged to look for them, both by himself, and by his ministers, and to whom saints in all ages have looked and have not been disappointed; and to this sense the following words incline:

and his eyes shall have respect to the Holy One of Israel; who in this prophecy is said to be the Redeemer, Isaiah 43:14 he is the Holy One that sprung from literal Israel; and is the sanctifier of mystical Israel; to which agrees the Targum,

"and his eyes shall hope for the Word of the Holy One of Israel:''

the Word by whom all things were made in the beginning, and who was made flesh and dwelt among men.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187814 Sep 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
In just 10 years of wars, our prophet was able to transform the entire country of Arabia from paganism and Idol Worship to strict monotheism and do you know what was the BODY COUNT on both side? It was not more than 1000!! Can you beat it?

Where does this figure of 1000 come from? I can't find it. I know that Muhammad had around 800 Jews beheaded, and that was the result of only one battle or invasion. And there were many invasions. So again, where did this figure come from?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187815 Sep 7, 2013
Muslim:C9B1N31 "I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify to the fact that there is no god but Allah, and believe in me (that) I am the Messenger and in all that I have brought."

Tabari IX:69 "Arabs are the most noble people in lineage, the most prominent, and the best in deeds. We were the first to respond to the call of the Prophet. We are Allah's helpers and the viziers of His Messenger. We fight people until they believe in Allah. He who believes in Allah and His Messenger has protected his life and possessions from us. As for one who disbelieves, we will fight him forever in the Cause of Allah. Killing him is a small matter to us."

Qur'an:2:193 "Fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief) and religion is only for Allah. But if they cease/desist, let there be no hostility except against infidel disbelievers."

Hmm...have I taken these verses out of context?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187816 Sep 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
People like you are not in the market to learn something and use logic and reason.

It simply amazes me to see someone who is so illogical themselves talk about others using logic and reason. It's like he's looking in the mirror talking to himself.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187817 Sep 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's suppose that's true. What are people supposed to do about that?
rabbee: verify, verify, verify.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187818 Sep 7, 2013
El Cid wrote:
The bloodthirsty fool...
Muhammad, whoops I mean Allah, clearly does not like a pacifist.

2:216 (Y. Ali) Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.

Allah also liked to gather 30,000 men to go and invade Christian Ash Sham who was doing nothing to threaten Muslims, and then he changed his mind while they were out in the desert near Ash Sham because there was too much drought and the men were too weak. If anybody actually thinks that God would command gathering 30,000 troops together to go invade some place, and then change his mind because he didn't realize how weak those men would be, they have to be out of their mind. It was obviously Muhammad himself that decided to do this and then he changed his mind. He wasn't being guided by anybody but his own lusts and was no different than any General or Warlord. They can't always predict future circumstances and sometimes they have to be wise and change their mind.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187819 Sep 7, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
How?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187820 Sep 7, 2013
Mohammad was a forgiving man.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Muhammad/my...
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187821 Sep 7, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Here. let me be a little more specific than my past question of how was. How does anybody verify anything when you claim they have corrupted scriptures and only a few, you included, have the right scriptures? And how can I verify anything when I cannot find your claims in the scriptures and you refuse to specifically quote from the correct scriptures that you claim to have? So you say verify, but when I try to do that, I get nothing but excuses from you and you refuse to verify your claims via actual scripture quotes. So how am I supposed to verify? Am I supposed to simply listen to whatever you say just because you say so and not look at the scriptures for verification of what you say? The funny part is that I HAVE been trying to verify, and you have been no help at all, and then you tell people to verify, when that is exactly what they are trying to do.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187822 Sep 7, 2013
El Cid wrote:
Mohammad was a forgiving man.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Muhammad/my...
oh no, no no no. dees ees all westurn meedea lize. profit muhammad no doo dees. u juss biased. eet dee joooz making up lize abowt r blessed profit hoo wuz as gentel and hubul az a lam. an eef u doo not beleeve me, may allah smite ur neck.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187823 Sep 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
How?
rabbee: if its authenticity cannot be. verified from G-D directly. then don't use, it. and i only know of one document, as verified from G-D PROPER. and all others, are from alleged as men.

TheOnly Document from G-D directly, was given to Moshe. which has the accounting of yesterday, today, and tomorrow in IT.

it even describes, what to expect in these last few hours of this sixth day. and for the last day, for the world rejecting G-D, here in TheProphecy of the world against G-D.

if it all happens, exactly the same as the last seven days. the last few hours and the last day without any changes, then we are all screwed. and we did this, to ourselves again.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187824 Sep 7, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: if its authenticity cannot be. verified from G-D directly. then don't use, it. and i only know of one document, as verified from G-D PROPER. and all others, are from alleged as men.
OK, so can you enlighten us all and accurately and specifically quote from that one document so that we can verify your claims? I would like to see the verse that says Adam will return again and again. I would also like to see the verse that says that Adam had a surrogate mother. I would also like to see the verse that says Mary existed on the 4th day of creation. I would also like to see the verse that says that Adam and Jesus are really the same person. I would also like to see the verse that says this is the third time the world has been completely destroyed and recreated and each time all of the same exact events have repeated, including me even typing this same post.

These are all of your claims, and you recommend that people verify. So that is what I am attempting to do. So can you help me verify all of your claims? You said verify, not me. So live up to your instructions.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187825 Sep 7, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
if it all happens, exactly the same as the last seven days. the last few hours and the last day without any changes, then we are all screwed. and we did this, to ourselves again.
So assuming that God is perfect and all knowing as we are supposed to assume, why does God keep recreating the same exact thing when he knows it will fail since he is all knowing?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#187826 Sep 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. I showed that Isaiah in the OT was a forged translation.
Won't you consider "Kiss the Son" in Psalms 2 of OT, a forgery?
You bull-shit!
The entire Quran is forgery and you can't detect that?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187827 Sep 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so can you enlighten us all and accurately and specifically quote from that one document so that we can verify your claims? I would like to see the verse that says Adam will return again and again. I would also like to see the verse that says that Adam had a surrogate mother. I would also like to see the verse that says Mary existed on the 4th day of creation. I would also like to see the verse that says that Adam and Jesus are really the same person. I would also like to see the verse that says this is the third time the world has been completely destroyed and recreated and each time all of the same exact events have repeated, including me even typing this same post.
These are all of your claims, and you recommend that people verify. So that is what I am attempting to do. So can you help me verify all of your claims? You said verify, not me. So live up to your instructions.
rabbee: where did i say it is my job to verify this that is your job?

but never the less i shall give you with this: "(G-D spoke spoke all these statements, saying:

IAM HaShem*, your G-D, WHO has taken you out of the land of egypt, from the house of slavery.

you shall not recognize the g-ds of others in MY Presence. you shall not make yourself a carved image or any likeness of that which is in heavens above the earth or below or in the water beneath the earth. you shall not prostrate yourself to them nor worship them, for IAM HaShem*, your G-D - a jealous G-D, WHO visits the sins of fathers upon children to the third and fourth generation, for my enemies; but WHO knows kindness for thousands [of generations] to those who love ME and observe MY commandments.)"

this indicates, that G-D gives TheWhole Torah in sets of 3 and four. and previously for thousands and thousands of other 3 and fourth sets.

and this is the entire history of Adam in a nutshell: "(and G-D said, "let US make Adam in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS, They shall rule over the fish in the sea, the birds of the sky, and over the animal, the whole earth, and every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. so G-D created Adam in HIS IMAGE, in The Image of G-D HE created HIM; male and female HE created Them.

G-D blessed Them, and G-D said to Them, "be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it: and rule over the fish in the sea, the bird of the sky, and every living thing that moves on the earth. ")"

now there are two distinct appearances of Adam. one with Both He And She, and the other with He and She separately. and now Avraham and Sarah, appeared in the evening dawn of the third day 1948, from day 0. and the evening dawn of the third day after that is the only you mistakenly call jesus christ or 3896. and adam and his mate both arrive about3717, just shy of the evening dawn of the third day after that. with the day of rest, beguinning in the year 5844. as adam will be 130year old, when sarah gives birth to Shet at about the young age of 127. as khaeen and able her children are already here in the flesh.

and believe this or not, there are clues in TheTorah. that make it possible to, calculate this with no more than 4th grade math. but i am not about to go through, all that genealogy begat stuff. since once is enough, to drive one batty. so if you want to try, be my guest.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187828 Sep 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
So assuming that God is perfect and all knowing as we are supposed to assume, why does God keep recreating the same exact thing when he knows it will fail since he is all knowing?
rabbee: well first of all, your failure. does not constitute a fact that G-D has failed. G-D has not failed, to you who choose to fail. and it takes a lot more to fail, than it does to not fail. i mean you have to really try extra hard to fail, here in TheTorah.

this story is not about us giving it, it is about TheG-D WHO is giving IT. and your accusation that Noach, Avraham, Yeetzak, Yaachov, Moshe, Adam or adam has failed, is unwarranted. because i and they are still here, in this story again. you can calculate out, how long Noach, Avraham, Yeetzak, Yaachov, Moshe, Adam, adam has been around. 6818 man years, times 1000, times 1000, times 3 or 4. with most of you being newbies, for only this third time.

this whole world can't admit, to being the problem.
Alex WM

London, UK

#187829 Sep 7, 2013
Seeker wrote:
MUQ wrote:
It simply amazes me to see someone who is so illogical themselves talk about others using logic and reason. It's like he's looking in the mirror talking to himself.
This deluded deranged islamophobe needs to answer these:
A)Is BJ(biblical Jesus) "The Only Begotten Son of God" or "The Only Begotten Son of god the father"?
(who is BJ's daddy? God or god the father?)
B)
……
If a person answers these SINCERELY, they will know that Jesus is NOT G-d.
Please READ the instructions carefully and answer the questions.
The instructions are very simple...
"Give YES or NO answers providing relevant chapters and verses as proof. No need for any additional comments or own interpretations"
…………………………
Show us where Jesus makes DIRECT claims in the first person as follows, in the Synoptic Gospels OR EVEN GOSPEL OF JOHN, by giving us chapter/verse as proof:
1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person" 7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God” 14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stone tools prove humans at work 15,000 years ago (Mar '11) Feb 9 BINGO FART 3
News Did Ancient Greeks Sail to Canada? Feb 6 Vasily Ivanov 1
News Ruins of historic mission ranch among few remai... (Dec '09) Feb 1 NEWS FART 2
News Shawn Vestal: When cows were the cornerstone of... Jan 28 jarrfan 1
Scota origin? - mother of Scotland Jan 26 cecelia hall 1
News India is on the hunt for 24 - untraceable' hist... Jan '18 Archaeonaut 1
Meteorite Uses Since Ancient Times Jan '18 John 1
More from around the web