Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 251047 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187520 Sep 3, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
As a member of the human family I believe that I should try to understand and relate FAIRLY and HONESTLY to my brothers and sisters regardless of religion, race or nationality.
God bless you, BMZ.
So how do you feel about Muslims nullifying Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection which was the most important part of his mission? As a Christian, which you at least "claim" yourself to be, how is this not highly insulting or even downright blasphemous? Do you think that Jesus would approve of you passively accepting people that try to wipe out the most important part of his mission?
Alex WM

London, UK

#187521 Sep 3, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You live in sin, you have more than one wife.
Muhammad lived in sin.
http://creation.com/monogamy-bible-one-man-wo...
Poor Solomon, Abraham, Moses, Joseph, David, Judah......and many others who forgot this rule!
BJ had a few as well.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187522 Sep 3, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
This deranged fool still doesn't realise that his comments on MidEast are darn childish!
HughBe had the patience to put this idiot in his place, but the fool never understands anything.
He keeps thinking he is right!
The deranged fool needs to get himself a passport and start travelling outside Cranberry Bog Wilmington!
And once again, you did absolutely nothing to prove me wrong. Everything I said was actually correct and factual. If you think it isn't, then show us all how and why it is wrong. But you can't engage in intelligent conversation like that, so instead the only thing you can offer are your own stupid personal feelings and opinions.
Alex WM

London, UK

#187523 Sep 3, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You live in sin, you have more than one wife.
Muhammad lived in sin.
http://creation.com/monogamy-bible-one-man-wo...
BJ had a few as well.
BJ and Magda
BJ and the woman by the well.
What does living water look like? Where did he get it from to quench the thirst of that woman?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187524 Sep 3, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right...
Let's start with the biggest of past mistakes...Trinity?
LOL...
How can someone admit to a mistake if they don't believe it's a mistake? What is the matter with your head? Why is it so difficult for you to reason properly?
Alex WM

London, UK

#187525 Sep 3, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. But there is also this, so it is not clear. Jesus was very deep and sometimes it's difficult to figure out what he really means.
LOL!
His audience where members of Mensa!
There is nothing deep there..
Alex WM

London, UK

#187526 Sep 3, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
So how do you feel about Muslims nullifying Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection which was the most important part of his mission? As a Christian, which you at least "claim" yourself to be, how is this not highly insulting or even downright blasphemous? Do you think that Jesus would approve of you passively accepting people that try to wipe out the most important part of his mission?
The Synoptic Gospels before corruption nullify it!
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#187527 Sep 3, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
This deranged fool still doesn't realise that his comments on MidEast are darn childish!
HughBe had the patience to put this idiot in his place, but the fool never understands anything.
He keeps thinking he is right!
The deranged fool needs to get himself a passport and start travelling outside Cranberry Bog Wilmington!
SalaamZ AleX Hale'Tun Chetor? LOL! Remember,when dealing with the likes of those such as sneekR,that ALLAH views every sperm as sacred...but it cant help what it turns into later in life! LOL! CheerZ
Alex WM

London, UK

#187528 Sep 3, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying YOU are not too keen about that? Have you read the Quran?
Stupid deranged islamophobe needs to READ and UNDERSTAND my comments.
LEt him go back and read them and then eat his hat.
What a fool!
Alex WM

London, UK

#187529 Sep 3, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Great! Now spit the dirty and filthy story of the Church!
Where does one begin!lol
Alex WM

London, UK

#187530 Sep 3, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
How can someone admit to a mistake if they don't believe it's a mistake? What is the matter with your head? Why is it so difficult for you to reason properly?
That sums this deranged fool up!
He makes mistakes after mistakes through his lack of brain power and inability to process information.
He really thinks that he is right!
Why should I correct him while all the others have been pointing out his errors?
Alex WM

London, UK

#187531 Sep 3, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
And once again, you did absolutely nothing to prove me wrong. Everything I said was actually correct and factual. If you think it isn't, then show us all how and why it is wrong. But you can't engage in intelligent conversation like that, so instead the only thing you can offer are your own stupid personal feelings and opinions.
This deranged islamophobic fool continues to get worse!
HughBe has already challenged this fool on the subject.
Instead of responding to him he is bouncing up and down like a ball on heat! LOL..
Why should I correct the fool when he can't even answer these VERY simple questions?

Let's ask him again...
A)Is BJ "The Only Begotten Son of God" or "The Only Begotten Son of god the father"?
(who is BJ's daddy? God or god the father?)

B)
……
If you answer these SINCERELY, you will know that Jesus is NOT G-d.

READ the instructions carefully and answer the questions.

The instructions are very simple...
"Give YES or NO answers providing relevant chapters and verses as proof. No need for any additional comments or your own interpretations"
…………………………

Show us where Jesus is making DIRECT claims in the first person as follows, in the Synoptic Gospels OR EVEN GOSPEL OF JOHN, by giving us chapter/verse as proof:

1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person" 7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God” 14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)
Alex WM

London, UK

#187532 Sep 3, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry. You and I have a different concept of humanity. We cannot ignore war crimes again. The stuff is not that hard to make. It could be manufactured right in Syria.
I am sure your intentions are sincere, Eric.
Unfortunately, I don't trust the politicians who are destroying nations by emotionally blackmailing us.
They pretend to help the innocent but punish them even more severely.
Can you think of one mideastern country that they have really saved lately? None.
I sure hope that we both have similar concept of humanity.
Peace.
Alex WM

London, UK

#187533 Sep 3, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Demonstrate that I am dense using my simplification and the actual quote below. Explain the quote as well.
Simplification of the quote below. " due to a law that bans the import of non-kosher meat(PORK), all of the PORK sold in Israel is raised and processed in the Holy Land.
PORK has been inserted and nothing else.
Quotation--" due to a law that bans the import of non-kosher meat, all of the pork sold in Israel is raised and processed in the Holy Land."
Wow....that is scary and sad.
Alex WM

London, UK

#187534 Sep 3, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
That protected its adherents from disease and sickness for millennia.
Tend to agree.
Alex WM

London, UK

#187535 Sep 3, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have said HughBe Stoopid. But he's a genius. Just ask him, and he'll tell you. Or you can ask the genius Professor Laureate BMZ ROW. He thinks HughBe is a genius also. Or, just ask Rabbeen Al Jihad Joe, with his third grade ejamucation. He says BMZ is the master of wisdom.
Sometimes, I really don't know whether to laugh or cry. I didn't know that topix had a Special Olympics section, but it looks like they do.
This deranged fool thinks that he is a genius and a giant by looking into a concave shaving mirror!!
Alex WM

London, UK

#187536 Sep 3, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text>SalaamZ AleX Hale'Tun Chetor? LOL! Remember,when dealing with the likes of those such as sneekR,that ALLAH views every sperm as sacred...but it cant help what it turns into later in life! LOL! CheerZ
SalaamZ dear Rabbeen Al Jihad, the skinner of sinners, I am very well thank you and you? Long time!
LOL.....That was an excellent and apt description of sick sneekR, the deranged Islamophobe.
Unfortunately the sneekR sperm is still in its tadpole stage, awaiting development!
CheerZ!
Eric

Yorkville, IL

#187537 Sep 3, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>

Can you think of one mideastern country that they have really saved lately? None.
Kuwait
Alex WM

London, UK

#187538 Sep 3, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
But right from Quran that we know Al Ilah is a male chauvinistic god.
Another case of pot calling the kettle black.
By using the expression..."a bit fairer" (I said ..Quran is a "bit" fairer than your male chauvinistic books), I am being very modest, although in my heart I believe that Quran is infinitely superior.

Can we find many verses in OT and NT giving men and women equal rights by addressing both? Perhaps I may have missed some of them. That is why I said Quran is "a bit fairer" and NOT "a lot fairer" or "infinitely superior".

According to Islam there is no difference between men and women in their relationship to Allah/GOD, as both are promised the same reward for good conduct and the same punishment for evil conduct.

The Quran says:

"And for women are rights over men similar to those of men over women." [Quran 2:228]

The Quran, in addressing the believers, often uses the expression,'believing men and women' to emphasize the equality of men and women in regard to their respective duties, rights, virtues and merits.

It also says:

"For Muslim men and women, for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for true men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in charity, for men and women who fast, for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in Allah's praise, for them has Allah prepared forgiveness and great reward." [Noble Quran 33:35]

This contradicts the assertion of the Christian Fathers that women do not possess souls and that they will exist as sexless beings in the next life. The Quran says that women have souls in exactly the same way as men and will enter Paradise if they do good:

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#187539 Sep 3, 2013
For great health, get the veg edge!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May 22 Joel 13,168
News Giant sphere sparks debate Apr '16 Phyllis Schlafly ... 1
News Did Islam reach France 1,300 years ago? DNA and... Apr '16 Muslim Bounty Hunter 19
News Send in the archaeologists to help restore Palm... Mar '16 Ostreology 1
Stunning 2200-Year-Old Mosaics Discovered in An... Mar '16 west38 1
Identity Through Architecture & Arts (ITAA) Mar '16 moabdallah 1
News The 'first four' and their fight from slavery t... Mar '16 White and Right 1
More from around the web