Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 205,741

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187383 Sep 2, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
It is none of our business.
There are war crimes everywhere.
We commit war crimes all over the show.
Do you think that we did not use chemical weapons in vietnam korea iraq and a few other places?
Hypocrisy is something that needs to be stamped out.
Let them get on with their battles.
We get involved because we make money.
Who sells chemical weapons?
awww...how innocent we are.
I agree, we let the Iraqis and Iranians kill each other with chemical weapons after the US sold those to Iraq and the Soviets sold them to Iran. But maybe we let them do that because they were killing each other in war and it was not a matter of the ruler gassing his own people. But we let Saddam gas his own people. But maybe we didn't know about that until it was too late.

Anyway, I agree. Let Muslims do what they know how to do best and maybe the only thing they know how to do well. Kill each other. It's their right, and fighting is ingrained in their very scriptures themselves. That is why a Muslim is never more in their glory than when they are fighting. They are merely imitating their prophet, which is the highest honor they can have. So if it's such a high honor to them, and martyrdom is the highest goal and honor, why not let them get what they desire? Who are we to deprive them of that?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187384 Sep 2, 2013
Seeker wrote:
IBN Kathir giving the historical background behind 9:29
http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php...
"(Fight against those who believe not in Allah, nor in the Last Day, nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth among the People of the Scripture,) This honorable Ayah was revealed with the order to fight the People of the Book, after the pagans were defeated, the people entered Allah's religion in large numbers, and the Arabian Peninsula was secured under the Muslims' control. Allah commanded His Messenger to fight the People of the Scriptures, Jews and Christians, on the ninth year of Hijrah, and he prepared his army to fight the Romans and called the people to Jihad announcing his intent and destination. The Messenger sent his intent to various Arab areas around Al-Madinah to gather forces, and he collected an army of thirty thousand. Some people from Al-Madinah and some hypocrites, in and around it, lagged behind, for that year was a year of drought and intense heat. The Messenger of Allah marched, heading towards Ash-Sham to fight the Romans until he reached Tabuk, where he set camp for about twenty days next to its water resources. He then prayed to Allah for a decision and went back to Al-Madinah because it was a hard year and the people were weak, as we will mention, Allah willing."
So how come not one single Muslim thinks it's odd for Allah to gather a whopping army of 30,000 men and lead them out to the desert only to change his mind and send them back? Why would Allah do something for nothing and merely change his mind? Why would Allah dig a ditch only to fill it back up again, as the saying goes?
Has it ever occurred to any Muslims for even one second that Allah did not command this, and it was Muhammad who commanded this and he merely changed his mind after he realized there was too much drought and his men were too weak to pull this invasion off?
How is it possible that this never even occurs to Muslims when it seems so clearly obvious.
Obviously, it was a test of obedience, just as turning away from Jerusalem and toward The Cube when praying was a test of obedience.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#187385 Sep 2, 2013
El Cid wrote:
Matthew 19:8, 9: He said to them:“Moses, out of regard for YOUR hardheartedness, made the concession to YOU of divorcing YOUR wives, but such has not been the case from [the] beginning. 9 I say to YOU that whoever divorces his wife, except on the ground of fornication, and marries another commits adultery.”
I like this part of Matthew 19:10-12

"10 The disciples said to him,“If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.”

11 Jesus replied,“Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”"

Quite an off-topic reply from Jesus here.

Looks like Jesus and his disciples were eunuchs. No wonder, they did not marry.

Anyway, Jesus definitely does not sound well-qualified and competent on the subject of divorce.

The main point was that if the wife were unfaithful, one could divorce his wife. Jesus agreed with that.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187386 Sep 2, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the complete passage, Arabic and all:
http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.jsp... (for bmz, because he thought that the translation at http://quran.com/33/37 that I'd cited earlier was inadequate.)
http://quran.com/33/37 reads as follows:
"And [remember, O Muhammad], when you said to the one on whom Allah bestowed favor and you bestowed favor, "Keep your wife and fear Allah ," while you concealed within yourself that which Allah is to disclose. And you feared the people, while Allah has more right that you fear Him. So when Zayd had no longer any need for her, We married her to you in order that there not be upon the believers any discomfort concerning the wives of their adopted sons when they no longer have need of them. And ever is the command of Allah accomplished."
Muslims believe that the above IS guidance for all mankind. I mean, haven't you ever needed to marry the ex-wife of your adopted son because Allah commanded you to do just that?
Exactly. Clearly this is about one specific situation and matter of Muhammad's. This does not belong in the Quran and belongs in the hadiths. But Muhammad was using the Quran he was creating to give him a fake authority to do the things he wanted to do, and that's the only reason why it needed to be in the Quran. Same thing as Sura 66 and other Suras as well.

How fishy can something possibly be? But Muslims are hypnotized, so they never consider this. They never really ask themselves why the Quran had to be revealed over 23 years and why often a Sura does not come up in advance of a situation, but instead comes up AFTER Muhammad was already in that position.

Heck, maybe I should try to do the same thing. Every time I'm in a spot where I need to do something, I could just write a chapter in my book and claim that God is allowing me to do what I want to do.

This is no different than what people like Jim Jones and David Koresh did.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187387 Sep 2, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey ~El dickhead!
Stop cherry picking....and explain these stupid verses:
27 “You have heard the commandment that says,‘You must not commit adultery.’
28 But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
29 So if your eye—even your good eye—causes you to lust, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.
30 And if your hand—even your stronger hand—causes you to sin (ARISING FROM LUST...ie: play with yourself?), cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.
31 “You have heard the law that says,‘A man can divorce his wife by merely giving her a written notice of divorce.’
32 But I say that a man who divorces his wife, unless she has been unfaithful, causes her to commit adultery. And anyone who marries a divorced woman also commits adultery.
Do you have a the ability to do a tafsir on the above, you uneducated wood chopper?
Can you find an equivalent verse advising women?
****31A “You have heard the law that says,‘A woman can divorce her husband by merely giving him a written notice of divorce.’
****32 But I say that a woman who divorces her husband, unless he has been unfaithful, causes him to commit adultery. And anyone who marries a divorced man also commits adultery.
Do you even have the brains to deal with any of these? Nope.
How does it feel to not have any hands left?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187388 Sep 2, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously, it was a test of obedience, just as turning away from Jerusalem and toward The Cube when praying was a test of obedience.
LOL!!! That is what they tell themselves. God isn't sure whether they are loyal or not, so he needs to test them. And often in a huge way.
Alex WM

London, UK

#187389 Sep 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
Questions to Christians, excluding dear HughBe, a cognizant Christian
The word 'father' appears 660 times in the Old Testament.
How many times does the word Father appear in the Old Testament?
How many times does the word 'Father' appear in each gospel? Please name the gospels also.
Thanks
Have they responded properly yet, bro?
I may have missed it then!
Perhaps they are waiting to find out from you!
Salaams,
Alex

bmz

Singapore

#187390 Sep 2, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, we let the Iraqis and Iranians kill each other with chemical weapons after the US sold those to Iraq and the Soviets sold them to Iran. But maybe we let them do that because they were killing each other in war and it was not a matter of the ruler gassing his own people. But we let Saddam gas his own people. But maybe we didn't know about that until it was too late.
Good boy!

In the current situation, the US regime should stay out and let them kill each other.

The good thing is that Asad is close to wiping off all terrorists, gangsters, murderers of Al-Qaedah and other terrorist groups.

Any attack by US regime to weaken Asad and Syrian Armed Forces, will weaken the government and later the US and other Western regimes will be dealing with terrorists, they hate most.

I agree with you. Actually both of us had agreed that we should let them kill each other. It is no point that the US regime kills more innocent civilians.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187391 Sep 2, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>How does it feel to not have any hands left?
If Philthy Phallics didn't have any hands left, what would he do with all of the Phallic symbols in his room? Wait, never mind. I know what he would do. He would be walking like John Wayne with his legs spread out almost like someone does when they crap their pants and don't want to get it on their legs.

bmz

Singapore

#187392 Sep 2, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey ~El dickhead!
Stop cherry picking....and explain these stupid verses:
27 “You have heard the commandment that says,‘You must not commit adultery.’
28 But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
29 So if your eye—even your good eye—causes you to lust, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.
30 And if your hand—even your stronger hand—causes you to sin (ARISING FROM LUST...ie: play with yourself?), cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.
31 “You have heard the law that says,‘A man can divorce his wife by merely giving her a written notice of divorce.’
32 But I say that a man who divorces his wife, unless she has been unfaithful, causes her to commit adultery. And anyone who marries a divorced woman also commits adultery.
Do you have a the ability to do a tafsir on the above, you uneducated wood chopper?
Can you find an equivalent verse advising women?
****31A “You have heard the law that says,‘A woman can divorce her husband by merely giving him a written notice of divorce.’
****32 But I say that a woman who divorces her husband, unless he has been unfaithful, causes him to commit adultery. And anyone who marries a divorced man also commits adultery.
Do you even have the brains to deal with any of these? Nope.
Bro,

Those were no commands from Jesus. He was a teacher. Note the words, "But I say....."

He simply suggested that the couples remain united instead instead of getting a divorce on the basis of petty quarrels or where a man found a prettier woman and wanted to get rid of his old wife, etc.

You know that back then, the Sons of God always went after Daughters of Men.(I have put it in the Christian style)

He agreed that if the wife were unfaithful or had committed adultery, the man could divorce her. He had no objection to that.

He left it at that and did not go into any further details of the subject as the Qur'aan does.

He forgot to address an important point. What if a man were unfaithful to his wife or what if the Sons of God were unfaithful to their wives? Being a male, he did not go into that.

Salaams
BMZ
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187393 Sep 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Good boy!
And curiously, you didn't quote the rest of my post.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is no point that the US regime kills more innocent civilians.
You're right. Why should the US do that when Muslims themselves will do that? And even if they help0ed, people would only end up hating them even more. They always do because they have to. The US needs to be the number one excuse for all of their failures, so you don't expect people to drop that, do you?

I think that Obama has the crazy idea that if Syria becomes a democracy, they will stop shipping weapons to Hezbollah. Are you kidding me? Whoever takes over is going to be even worse. There will never be a reasonable, responsible democracy in the Middle East. They just don't think that way because Islam dominates every part of their mind. This is being proven all over the Middle East and the "Arab Spring" is a disaster.

People in the Middle East need to be ruled by dictators. Who would have thought that all of those years where people blamed the US for supporting Middle East dictators, that the US would end up being right for doing that? Maybe that's one of the few right decision they ever made about the Middle East, and now they aren't even doing that part right.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187394 Sep 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The good thing is that Asad is close to wiping off all terrorists, gangsters, murderers of Al-Qaedah and other terrorist groups.
It would appear that the rebels have let people like this infiltrate them. There are stories of some of them eating the organs of dead soldiers. Maybe that's not true, but after watching what people like this did in Iraq, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

bmz

Singapore

#187395 Sep 2, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Have they responded properly yet, bro?
I may have missed it then!
Perhaps they are waiting to find out from you!
Salaams,
Alex
Shamma tried a little but did not get my point.

My point was that the NT was filled up with the word Father aimlessly, and it flooded John.

A few times in other gospels and hardly a few times in the OT.

John's gospel was loaded with it unnecessarily. And that is where we see 'my Father','your Father''your father' from Jesus and 'our father', from the Jews.

When this 'My Father' went to the pagans, they thought it to be 'My father'.

That is how 'the Father in Heaven' was turned into his Father, which the pagans took to mean 'his father'. And that is how the father and son relationship came about and ended up as the Father and the Son.

So, if you ask a Christian the question "Was God Jesus' father', it perturbs the Christian and the reply would be "Yes, God was the Father of Jesus." The polemic Christian is unable to differentiate between the Father and father.

Salaams
BMZ
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187396 Sep 2, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of YHVH.
The third person of Gods Holy Trinity
Jesus is the second person of Gods Holy Trinity "The Word of God"
"Father, Son, Holy Spirit".
rabbee: no different than on earth with, Father-Mother-Baby. and that is the correct order, in HEAVEN also. what is the absolute truth in HEAVEN, is also the absolute truth on earth.

just as sure as i believe, you do not want a bunch of screaming, destructive, and disrespectful, brats in your house either.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187397 Sep 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>The polemic Christian is unable to differentiate between the Father and father.
Salaams
BMZ
Except in the case of Jesus, he had no father.

bmz

Singapore

#187398 Sep 2, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
And curiously, you didn't quote the rest of my post.
<quoted text>
You're right. Why should the US do that when Muslims themselves will do that? And even if they help0ed, people would only end up hating them even more. They always do because they have to. The US needs to be the number one excuse for all of their failures, so you don't expect people to drop that, do you?
I think that Obama has the crazy idea that if Syria becomes a democracy, they will stop shipping weapons to Hezbollah. Are you kidding me? Whoever takes over is going to be even worse. There will never be a reasonable, responsible democracy in the Middle East. They just don't think that way because Islam dominates every part of their mind. This is being proven all over the Middle East and the "Arab Spring" is a disaster.
People in the Middle East need to be ruled by dictators. Who would have thought that all of those years where people blamed the US for supporting Middle East dictators, that the US would end up being right for doing that? Maybe that's one of the few right decision they ever made about the Middle East, and now they aren't even doing that part right.
I usually delete the absurd parts of a post. I do this with all.

Democracy Western style can never work in other parts of the world. Leaders of the Western regimes do not realize that.

I agree with you that dictators and despots can handle the ME and other Muslim countries well, if the US and other powerful regimes of Europe (the UK, France and Germany) do not boot-lick them and do not keep them in their pockets.

There is still time, so write to your Congressmen to humiliate Obama just as the Bristish MPs humiliated David Cameron.

There was great statement from Jonathan Eyal of the Straits Times, in his article. He wrote and I quote:

Quote from Jonathan Eyal in today's Straits Times:

"In years to come, it is inconceivable that any future Western leader would be able to commit forces for any foreign operation without a clear international mandate and/or explicit backing from national lawmakers.

The days when a British prime minister and an American president could sit on a park bench at the Camp David retreat and plan a war have ended."

bmz

Singapore

#187399 Sep 2, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
It would appear that the rebels have let people like this infiltrate them. There are stories of some of them eating the organs of dead soldiers. Maybe that's not true, but after watching what people like this did in Iraq, it wouldn't surprise me at all.
And the US regime wants to support these kind of barbarian animals?

Seeker,

The clueless US officials do not even know that the Talebans have also infiltrated and are in.

So, it is imperative that Asad must win at all cost. Did you hear that now, it is not about regime change. If it is not, why not talk to the regime? Invite them for a coffee or go for a Qahwah and Sheesha. Making belligerent statements will not help.

bmz

Singapore

#187400 Sep 2, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Except in the case of Jesus, he had no father.
I know that.

But you do understand that the Father was not his father. Right?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#187401 Sep 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I like this part of Matthew 19:10-12
"10 The disciples said to him,“If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.”
11 Jesus replied,“Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”"
Quite an off-topic reply from Jesus here.
Looks like Jesus and his disciples were eunuchs. No wonder, they did not marry.
Anyway, Jesus definitely does not sound well-qualified and competent on the subject of divorce.
The main point was that if the wife were unfaithful, one could divorce his wife. Jesus agreed with that.
You live in sin, you have more than one wife.
Muhammad lived in sin.
http://creation.com/monogamy-bible-one-man-wo...
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187402 Sep 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ruach HaKodesh IS NOT the Spirit of God or the Holy Spirit of God. It is not a thing at all.
Don't try to teach us Church's Hebrew For Christians.
rabbee: is this what your, quran says? if so it is a lie, for i have seen HER.

so you cannot convince me, that G-D is not BOTH FATHER/MOTHER of adam. as revealed in all The-Names of G-D. you can see this singular duality, always being given to Adam.

you just don't covet certain portions of TheTorah, and make up all the rest of your own somebody else's vain stuff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Forbidden Archaeology: How the Smithsonian cove... 2 hr Kid_Tomorrow 1
Diversity is a codeword for White genocide Nov 20 7970kgl 1
Researchers Disagree About Age, Purpose of Ston... (Oct '08) Nov 19 Garry Denke 11
Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Nov 17 sham 183
Heracles to Alexander: Ashmolean Museum unveils... (Apr '11) Nov 16 Macedonian 25
Mexican Government Claims US Auction House Sold... Nov 13 Concerned 1
Remains of Ice Age infants uncovered in Alaska Nov 12 Kid_Tomorrow 1

Archaeology People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE