Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 247873 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#187363 Sep 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of YHVH.
The third person of Gods Holy Trinity
Jesus is the second person of Gods Holy Trinity "The Word of God"
"Father, Son, Holy Spirit".
That is a post-Jesus Bull Shit, Shamma.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187364 Sep 1, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
El dick head.
I gave the links to your naked pagan god but topix have deleted them!
Wonder why!
YES...you worship naked pagan.
Google..statues of naked jesus.
try wikipedia too!
google...michael angelo crucifix or michael angelo naked jesus
go for it.
Take your meds.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#187365 Sep 1, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a post-Jesus Bull Shit, Shamma.
Muslims allow the insanity of their false god and false messenger Muhammad to guide them to do evil in the sight of God, and blasphemy God in killing innocent people in the name of their false god Allah.

Your insanity is believing God appointed Muhammad as Gods avenger on earth to subdue and kill those that are unbelievers of Allah.

Your lack of knowledge of good and evil allows you to be sucked into believing upon your false prophet Muhammad.

God is who He is as He reveals himself to us.

You are an illiterate Muslims that has not been taught the Jewish Holy scriptures as a believer in the God of Israel in living your life.

Jesus lived his life being obedient to the God of Israel, and taught the Holy Jewish Scriptures in the synagogues and died and was resurrected being obedient to the God of Israel.

Christians follow the obedience of Jesus in His obedience to the God of Israel.
All of the Holy Jewish Scriptures that Jesus taught in the synagogues are the same Holy Jewish Scriptures taught in Christian Churches.

Can you Muslim claim that those same Holy Jewish Scriptures that Jesus taught from in the Jewish synagogues are taught in the Muslim Mosque as believer's in the God of Israel?

God is who God is as reveals himself to us in the Scriptures.

John 17:1-5
New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Prays to Be Glorified

17 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:

“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Jesus stated: 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.

God granted Jesus authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those God gave Jesus.
All people are in the hands of Jesus as having the power to save them from the fires of hell!

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#187366 Sep 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Muslims lack Gods definition of good and evil, right and wrong MUQ!
Muhammad was illiterate in the knowledge of good and evil, right and wrong.
Muhammad received false revelation from Satan that Muhammad used to justify his living in sin in the sight of God.
It was the biblical Jesus, who was illiterate and an ignorant fool, who gave the wrong idea that God was triune. How in the hell did he come up with this absurd Triune God?

If he gave that idea then we can say that he did that under Satanic Inspiration or Satanic Influence.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#187367 Sep 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims allow the insanity of their false god and false messenger Muhammad to guide them to do evil in the sight of God, and blasphemy God in killing innocent people in the name of their false god Allah.
Your insanity is believing God appointed Muhammad as Gods avenger on earth to subdue and kill those that are unbelievers of Allah.
Your lack of knowledge of good and evil allows you to be sucked into believing upon your false prophet Muhammad.
God is who He is as He reveals himself to us.
You are an illiterate Muslims that has not been taught the Jewish Holy scriptures as a believer in the God of Israel in living your life.
Jesus lived his life being obedient to the God of Israel, and taught the Holy Jewish Scriptures in the synagogues and died and was resurrected being obedient to the God of Israel.
Christians follow the obedience of Jesus in His obedience to the God of Israel.
All of the Holy Jewish Scriptures that Jesus taught in the synagogues are the same Holy Jewish Scriptures taught in Christian Churches.
Can you Muslim claim that those same Holy Jewish Scriptures that Jesus taught from in the Jewish synagogues are taught in the Muslim Mosque as believer's in the God of Israel?
God is who God is as reveals himself to us in the Scriptures.
John 17:1-5
New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Prays to Be Glorified
17 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:
“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.
Jesus stated: 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.
God granted Jesus authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those God gave Jesus.
All people are in the hands of Jesus as having the power to save them from the fires of hell!
Looking at what you have been writing aimlessly, I can safely say that the biblical Jesus was insane. Period!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#187368 Sep 1, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the biblical Jesus, who was illiterate and an ignorant fool, who gave the wrong idea that God was triune. How in the hell did he come up with this absurd Triune God?
If he gave that idea then we can say that he did that under Satanic Inspiration or Satanic Influence.
Your view of Gods Holy Trinity is a pagan one.
Once you stop being a pagan yourself you might come to understand Gods Holy Trinity.

Gods Wisdom is far beyond the wisdom of man.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#187369 Sep 1, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking at what you have been writing aimlessly, I can safely say that the biblical Jesus was insane. Period!
Your own insanity blocks your mind from understanding Gods love for us.
Your insanity is your unwillingness to become a sane person.
Your life would be shattered if you became a sane person.
The only only thing you have to hold on too is your insanity.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#187370 Sep 2, 2013
Seeker wrote:
01. What does a young woman giving birth as a SIGN mean to you?..


02. Who have people ever referred to as Mighty God and Prince of Peace?..

Read 9:5 which is the same verse as 9:6 in the Christian Bible and read the rest of it and you will see what I am talking about. Why would they do that?

03. They are not and I showed the clear holes in every single claim you attempted with that. Muhammad not only broke reeds,..

04. It seems that Jesus is the most likely candidate for 7:14 and Isaiah 9:6...


05. We NEVER agreed to that at all. Show me the post where I agreed to that. I said if one important part of a prophesy cannot be met,…

06. Why? I went through all of the verses you raised about Isaiah 42 and I explained why they are most likely NOT about Muhammad,…
Ans.

My Dear Brother,

I have gone thru your latest post and I can see that you are just trying verbal gimmicks to make that matters muddy.

First of all no prophesy is specific and it is only a word picture of a future event that might be fulfilled many centuries after it was recorded.

Any one using his own bias could paste any prophesy on his candidate or could deny a rightful person.

Just for your record, no Jew sees a single prophesy about Jesus mentioned any where in OT books.

You can keep on arguing till you are blue in face, but in the end they will say "We are 100 % sure that there is not a single clear cut prophesy about Jesus in any of our books".

What would you say to that? And I am seeing you doing the same when I present evidences from your own scriptures for our prophet.

I see the same attitude in your posts, and the same belligerent posture.

01. Isaiah 14:7: Seeing in the context, there is no prophesy in Isaiah 14:7. It is only a local matter.

02. No one called Jesus Mighty God and Prince of Peace during his life time. He was dragged as a "Petty Criminal" and crucified in front of all nation and No One raised any voice against it.

Is that what you mean by Mighty God and Prince of Peace?

03. You do not know what "breaking broken reed means"…. To wage war in the cause of God does not come under breaking reeds.

Nor does punishing criminals and maintaining law and order in the land comes under breaking the reeds.

04. Most certainly Jesus has nothing to do with Isaiah 14:7, as regards Isaiah 9:6, Jesus does not satisfy more than half of the qualities mentioned there.

What about sitting on the Throne of David and ruling over nations?

Jesus did not meet those criterion?

05. I do not know how to resolve this issue with you, if any prophesy mentions 10 conditions and some one satisfies 9 out of 10, will you say he is not the "intended candidate"?

We said that we should list down all the qualities in the prophesy and then check and verify how many of those our candidate satisfies.

06. Isaiah 42 certainly does prophesy about our prophet and I gave you point by point verification.

And most certainly our prophet does satisfy more qualities than Jesus does for Isaiah 9:6 and Isaiah 14:7!!

PS:

I do know something about debating, but it seems, you are not aware of it.

You tried your very best to escape when I started giving evidence regarding our prophet.

You refused to give more examples of Jesus from OT after the First two "Howlers" you made.

And now you have cheek to accuse me of not answering your points.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#187371 Sep 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
My Dear Brother,
I have gone thru your latest post and I can see that you are just trying verbal gimmicks to make that matters muddy.
First of all no prophesy is specific and it is only a word picture of a future event that might be fulfilled many centuries after it was recorded.
Any one using his own bias could paste any prophesy on his candidate or could deny a rightful person.
Just for your record, no Jew sees a single prophesy about Jesus mentioned any where in OT books.
You can keep on arguing till you are blue in face, but in the end they will say "We are 100 % sure that there is not a single clear cut prophesy about Jesus in any of our books".
What would you say to that? And I am seeing you doing the same when I present evidences from your own scriptures for our prophet.
I see the same attitude in your posts, and the same belligerent posture.
01. Isaiah 14:7: Seeing in the context, there is no prophesy in Isaiah 14:7. It is only a local matter.
02. No one called Jesus Mighty God and Prince of Peace during his life time. He was dragged as a "Petty Criminal" and crucified in front of all nation and No One raised any voice against it.
Is that what you mean by Mighty God and Prince of Peace?
03. You do not know what "breaking broken reed means"…. To wage war in the cause of God does not come under breaking reeds.
Nor does punishing criminals and maintaining law and order in the land comes under breaking the reeds.
04. Most certainly Jesus has nothing to do with Isaiah 14:7, as regards Isaiah 9:6, Jesus does not satisfy more than half of the qualities mentioned there.
What about sitting on the Throne of David and ruling over nations?
Jesus did not meet those criterion?
05. I do not know how to resolve this issue with you, if any prophesy mentions 10 conditions and some one satisfies 9 out of 10, will you say he is not the "intended candidate"?
We said that we should list down all the qualities in the prophesy and then check and verify how many of those our candidate satisfies.
06. Isaiah 42 certainly does prophesy about our prophet and I gave you point by point verification.
And most certainly our prophet does satisfy more qualities than Jesus does for Isaiah 9:6 and Isaiah 14:7!!
PS:
I do know something about debating, but it seems, you are not aware of it.
You tried your very best to escape when I started giving evidence regarding our prophet.
You refused to give more examples of Jesus from OT after the First two "Howlers" you made.
And now you have cheek to accuse me of not answering your points.
You have no points MUQ!
Muhammad did not teach the Holy Jewish Scriptures to Muslims!
Muhammad did not claim the God of Israel is the one true God.
God Himself claimed that He is the God of Israel!
Muhammad never claimed that he was a prophet of the God of Israel!
You are insane MUQ!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187372 Sep 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
My Dear Brother,
I have gone thru your latest post and I can see that you are just trying verbal gimmicks to make that matters muddy.
First of all no prophesy is specific and it is only a word picture of a future event that might be fulfilled many centuries after it was recorded.
And I went through every part of Isaiah 42 and explained why I didn't think it matched Muhammad. What else am I supposed to do?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Any one using his own bias could paste any prophesy on his candidate or could deny a rightful person.
Have you ever considered that YOU are interpreting Isaiah 42 to MAKE it match Muhammad?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just for your record, no Jew sees a single prophesy about Jesus mentioned any where in OT books.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You can keep on arguing till you are blue in face, but in the end they will say "We are 100 % sure that there is not a single clear cut prophesy about Jesus in any of our books". What would you say to that?
What would you expect a Jew to say? If they say Jesus was prophecised, then that would mean they did a very bad thing by rejecting him. Where's your common sense? You never did answer about why that Jewish source I gave refused to translate only that one part of Isaiah 5 into English while it translated all of the rest of the chapter. They can't give a false translation as that would be lying. So instead, they merely refused to translate that part because they realize how it looks.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And I am seeing you doing the same when I present evidences from your own scriptures for our prophet.
I don't just deny it, I tell you exactly why it should be denied. It seems to me that you think that someone should accept your opinion just because you have one. Your idea has many holes in it.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the same attitude in your posts, and the same belligerent posture.
01. Isaiah 14:7: Seeing in the context, there is no prophesy in Isaiah 14:7. It is only a local matter.
Who gave birth as a sign locally? Why is a regular birth a sign?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
02. No one called Jesus Mighty God and Prince of Peace during his life time.
Nothing in the prophecy said he shall be called that during his lifetime. It merely says he shall be called.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
He was dragged as a "Petty Criminal" and crucified in front of all nation and No One raised any voice against it.Is that what you mean by Mighty God and Prince of Peace?
First of all, it wasn't all nations. Second of all, if you read the story, this was God's will that he die and be raised to life and then return later to rule. And Jesus predicted it and said it must be so.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187373 Sep 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
03. You do not know what "breaking broken reed means"…. To wage war in the cause of God does not come under breaking reeds.
Why does it mention a reed? It could have mentioned anything, so why a reed?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor does punishing criminals and maintaining law and order in the land comes under breaking the reeds.
Well, you mentioned that Muhammad was a gentle person, and history from Muslim sources themselves says otherwise.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
04. Most certainly Jesus has nothing to do with Isaiah 14:7, as regards Isaiah 9:6, Jesus does not satisfy more than half of the qualities mentioned there. What about sitting on the Throne of David and ruling over nations?
Jesus did not meet those criterion?
If Jesus' prediction of returning comes true, it will satisfy all of them. So it remains to be seen. Nothing in the prophecy said exactly how and when it will occur.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
05. I do not know how to resolve this issue with you, if any prophesy mentions 10 conditions and some one satisfies 9 out of 10, will you say he is not the "intended candidate"?
If the one that is not satisfied is specific and important, then my answer would be yes. Logic dictates that. And that goes with anybody. Muhammad, Jesus, Napoleon....Anybody.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
We said that we should list down all the qualities in the prophesy and then check and verify how many of those our candidate satisfies.
YOU said that. Where did WE say that? I have always remained consistent and said that if one clear and important part of a prophecy cannot be met, then there is no need to consider other similarities. This is now the 8th time I have repeated this to you. If you can find a part of 7:14 or 9:6 where it is impossible that it could be talking about Jesus, then despite the similarities to Jesus in other parts, the prophecy cannot be about him. If Jesus does return as he clearly predicted, then all parts of the prophecy will be fulfilled. So it's still open and possible that those verses are talking about Jesus and there is nothing that proves it is not.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
06. Isaiah 42 certainly does prophesy about our prophet and I gave you point by point verification.
And I explained exactly what was wrong with each one of them. That's what happens in a debate.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And most certainly our prophet does satisfy more qualities than Jesus does for Isaiah 9:6 and Isaiah 14:7!!
I don't see where he even satisfies any of them very well and I explained exactly why. What else should I do? Just agree with you even if I don't? Is that what you are expecting? I will, when you give me something I can agree with. I don't even see where either Jesus or Muhammad brought justice. There is very little justice in this world. The only chance for that is Jesus returning. But Muhammad isn't returning, so he did not bring justice.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
PS:
I do know something about debating,
Says you.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
but it seems, you are not aware of it.
That's probably the first correct thing you have said.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You tried your very best to escape when I started giving evidence regarding our prophet.
I was tired of you not getting to the point and wanted to bag out on the whiole thing because it is a waste of time. And when you did finally bring up Muhammad, I even came back and answered. What else do you want? But this can't go on forever.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You refused to give more examples of Jesus from OT after the First two "Howlers" you made.
You still haven't proven them to be howlers at all. And in my very first post, I gave you a list of 41 of them from a website, and you said one by one. And this wasn't even supposed to be about Jesus. But you keep returning to him.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187374 Sep 2, 2013
Adultery in the New Testament

Mt 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit ADULTERY:
Mt 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed ADULTERY with her already in his heart.

Mt 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit ADULTERY: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth ADULTERY.

Mt 19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth ADULTERY: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit ADULTERY.

Mt 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit ADULTERY, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

Mr 10:11 And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth ADULTERY against her.

Mr 10:12 And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth ADULTERY.

Mr 10:19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit ADULTERY, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

Lu 16:18 Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth ADULTERY: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth ADULTERY.

Lu 18:20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit ADULTERY, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

Joh 8:3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in ADULTERY; and when they had set her in the midst,

Ro 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit ADULTERY, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Ga 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; ADULTERY, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Jas 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit ADULTERY, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no ADULTERY, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

2pe 2:14 Having eyes full of ADULTERY, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:

Re 2:22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit ADULTERY with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

1 Corinthians 6:9: What! Do YOU not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, <<< nor adulterers >>> nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men...

1 Corinthians 7:2: yet, because of prevalence of fornication, let each man have his own wife and each woman have her own husband.

Hebrews 13:4: Let marriage be honorable among all, and the marriage bed be without defilement, for God will judge fornicators and adulterers.

Matthew 19:8, 9: He said to them:“Moses, out of regard for YOUR hardheartedness, made the concession to YOU of divorcing YOUR wives, but such has not been the case from [the] beginning. 9 I say to YOU that whoever divorces his wife, except on the ground of fornication, and marries another commits adultery.”

Romans 7:2, 3: For instance, a married woman is bound by law to her husband while he is alive; but if her husband dies, she is discharged from the law of her husband. 3 So, then, while her husband is living, she would be styled an adulteress if she became another man’s. But if her husband dies, she is free from his law, so that she is not an adulteress if she becomes another man’s.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187375 Sep 2, 2013
By the light of the Bible (OT and NT) both Mohammad and Zanaib committed adultery (read: sin), not that any Qur'an-only Muslim posting in this thread will ever concede the point.

The deeper scandal is that Mohammad's "Allah" sanctioned Zaid's divorce from Zanaib and her remarriage to Mohammad, when there was no evidence of fornication.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187378 Sep 2, 2013
El Cid wrote:
The deeper scandal is that Mohammad's "Allah" sanctioned Zaid's divorce from Zanaib and her remarriage to Mohammad, when there was no evidence of fornication.
You should quote the verse and ask why the Quran, which is supposed to be a guidance for all mankind for all times, is even getting involved with sanctioning personal matters of Muhammad. Seems like the Quran often said just what Muhammad needed it to say about things he wanted personally, and it said them just when he needed it to say it, and not well in advance. Hmmmmm.........

Again, read Sura 66. It's all about a specific personal matter that Muhammad was having with his wives at the time. What is the Quran doing commenting about a personal matter that Muhammad just so happened to be having at the time, rather than guiding mankind on larger issues? That Sura shouldn't even be in the Quran, but Muhammad needed it to be in there so that he could justify something he personally wanted to do or solve a personal matter of his and give his personal resolution the appearance of having the authority of God. It couldn't be any more obvious.

Q) Muhammad, why should we think you are a prophet?
A) Because this Allah hand puppet I have says so and says that you are going to hell to drink molten brass if you do not believe this Allah hand puppet.
Alex WM

London, UK

#187379 Sep 2, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Because war crimes are not being committed there. We can't turn our backs again.
What is the Arab League doing to stop the war crimes in Syria?
It is none of our business.
There are war crimes everywhere.
We commit war crimes all over the show.
Do you think that we did not use chemical weapons in vietnam korea iraq and a few other places?
Hypocrisy is something that needs to be stamped out.
Let them get on with their battles.
We get involved because we make money.
Who sells chemical weapons?
awww...how innocent we are.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187380 Sep 2, 2013
IBN Kathir giving the historical background behind 9:29

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php...

"(Fight against those who believe not in Allah, nor in the Last Day, nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth among the People of the Scripture,) This honorable Ayah was revealed with the order to fight the People of the Book, after the pagans were defeated, the people entered Allah's religion in large numbers, and the Arabian Peninsula was secured under the Muslims' control. Allah commanded His Messenger to fight the People of the Scriptures, Jews and Christians, on the ninth year of Hijrah, and he prepared his army to fight the Romans and called the people to Jihad announcing his intent and destination. The Messenger sent his intent to various Arab areas around Al-Madinah to gather forces, and he collected an army of thirty thousand. Some people from Al-Madinah and some hypocrites, in and around it, lagged behind, for that year was a year of drought and intense heat. The Messenger of Allah marched, heading towards Ash-Sham to fight the Romans until he reached Tabuk, where he set camp for about twenty days next to its water resources. He then prayed to Allah for a decision and went back to Al-Madinah because it was a hard year and the people were weak, as we will mention, Allah willing."

So how come not one single Muslim thinks it's odd for Allah to gather a whopping army of 30,000 men and lead them out to the desert only to change his mind and send them back? Why would Allah do something for nothing and merely change his mind? Why would Allah dig a ditch only to fill it back up again, as the saying goes?

Has it ever occurred to any Muslims for even one second that Allah did not command this, and it was Muhammad who commanded this and he merely changed his mind after he realized there was too much drought and his men were too weak to pull this invasion off?

How is it possible that this never even occurs to Muslims when it seems so clearly obvious.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187381 Sep 2, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You should quote the verse and ask why the Quran, which is supposed to be a guidance for all mankind for all times, is even getting involved with sanctioning personal matters of Muhammad.
Here's the complete passage, Arabic and all:

http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.jsp... (for bmz, because he thought that the translation at http://quran.com/33/37 that I'd cited earlier was inadequate.)

http://quran.com/33/37 reads as follows:

"And [remember, O Muhammad], when you said to the one on whom Allah bestowed favor and you bestowed favor, "Keep your wife and fear Allah ," while you concealed within yourself that which Allah is to disclose. And you feared the people, while Allah has more right that you fear Him. So when Zayd had no longer any need for her, We married her to you in order that there not be upon the believers any discomfort concerning the wives of their adopted sons when they no longer have need of them. And ever is the command of Allah accomplished."

Muslims believe that the above IS guidance for all mankind. I mean, haven't you ever needed to marry the ex-wife of your adopted son because Allah commanded you to do just that?
Alex WM

London, UK

#187382 Sep 2, 2013
El Cid wrote:
Adultery in the New Testament
Mt 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit ADULTERY:
Mt 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed ADULTERY with her already in his heart.
Mt 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit ADULTERY: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth ADULTERY.
.....
Hey ~El dickhead!
Stop cherry picking....and explain these stupid verses:

27 “You have heard the commandment that says,‘You must not commit adultery.’

28 But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

29 So if your eye—even your good eye—causes you to lust, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

30 And if your hand—even your stronger hand—causes you to sin (ARISING FROM LUST...ie: play with yourself?), cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

31 “You have heard the law that says,‘A man can divorce his wife by merely giving her a written notice of divorce.’

32 But I say that a man who divorces his wife, unless she has been unfaithful, causes her to commit adultery. And anyone who marries a divorced woman also commits adultery.

Do you have a the ability to do a tafsir on the above, you uneducated wood chopper?

Can you find an equivalent verse advising women?

****31A “You have heard the law that says,‘A woman can divorce her husband by merely giving him a written notice of divorce.’

****32 But I say that a woman who divorces her husband, unless he has been unfaithful, causes him to commit adultery. And anyone who marries a divorced man also commits adultery.

Do you even have the brains to deal with any of these? Nope.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187383 Sep 2, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
It is none of our business.
There are war crimes everywhere.
We commit war crimes all over the show.
Do you think that we did not use chemical weapons in vietnam korea iraq and a few other places?
Hypocrisy is something that needs to be stamped out.
Let them get on with their battles.
We get involved because we make money.
Who sells chemical weapons?
awww...how innocent we are.
I agree, we let the Iraqis and Iranians kill each other with chemical weapons after the US sold those to Iraq and the Soviets sold them to Iran. But maybe we let them do that because they were killing each other in war and it was not a matter of the ruler gassing his own people. But we let Saddam gas his own people. But maybe we didn't know about that until it was too late.

Anyway, I agree. Let Muslims do what they know how to do best and maybe the only thing they know how to do well. Kill each other. It's their right, and fighting is ingrained in their very scriptures themselves. That is why a Muslim is never more in their glory than when they are fighting. They are merely imitating their prophet, which is the highest honor they can have. So if it's such a high honor to them, and martyrdom is the highest goal and honor, why not let them get what they desire? Who are we to deprive them of that?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187384 Sep 2, 2013
Seeker wrote:
IBN Kathir giving the historical background behind 9:29
http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php...
"(Fight against those who believe not in Allah, nor in the Last Day, nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth among the People of the Scripture,) This honorable Ayah was revealed with the order to fight the People of the Book, after the pagans were defeated, the people entered Allah's religion in large numbers, and the Arabian Peninsula was secured under the Muslims' control. Allah commanded His Messenger to fight the People of the Scriptures, Jews and Christians, on the ninth year of Hijrah, and he prepared his army to fight the Romans and called the people to Jihad announcing his intent and destination. The Messenger sent his intent to various Arab areas around Al-Madinah to gather forces, and he collected an army of thirty thousand. Some people from Al-Madinah and some hypocrites, in and around it, lagged behind, for that year was a year of drought and intense heat. The Messenger of Allah marched, heading towards Ash-Sham to fight the Romans until he reached Tabuk, where he set camp for about twenty days next to its water resources. He then prayed to Allah for a decision and went back to Al-Madinah because it was a hard year and the people were weak, as we will mention, Allah willing."
So how come not one single Muslim thinks it's odd for Allah to gather a whopping army of 30,000 men and lead them out to the desert only to change his mind and send them back? Why would Allah do something for nothing and merely change his mind? Why would Allah dig a ditch only to fill it back up again, as the saying goes?
Has it ever occurred to any Muslims for even one second that Allah did not command this, and it was Muhammad who commanded this and he merely changed his mind after he realized there was too much drought and his men were too weak to pull this invasion off?
How is it possible that this never even occurs to Muslims when it seems so clearly obvious.
Obviously, it was a test of obedience, just as turning away from Jerusalem and toward The Cube when praying was a test of obedience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Giant sphere sparks debate Apr 15 Phyllis Schlafly ... 1
News Did Islam reach France 1,300 years ago? DNA and... Apr 10 Muslim Bounty Hunter 19
News Send in the archaeologists to help restore Palm... Mar '16 Ostreology 1
Stunning 2200-Year-Old Mosaics Discovered in An... Mar '16 west38 1
Identity Through Architecture & Arts (ITAA) Mar '16 moabdallah 1
News The 'first four' and their fight from slavery t... Mar '16 White and Right 1
News ScienceDiscovery of female bones at Stonehenge ... Feb '16 Ray 1
More from around the web