Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256620 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187098 Aug 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
This is a very clear prophesy, spoken in the form of a parable and it refers to Arabs, the city of Makkah and children of Hagar in general.
It is talking about a woman who never had children and how she should not feel disgraced. This isn't talking about Hagar at all. And why is Yahwey always mentioned instead of Allah?
MUQ wrote:
1.“Barren one” refers to Makkah where no prophet came since Ishmael, whereas “the married one” refers to Jerusalem, where many prophets came.
Was it you or BMZ that mentioned the prophets before Muhammad that came to the descendants of Ishmael that were referenced in the Quran? Was the Quran wrong about that?
MUQ wrote:
2.“Your descendents will be more than the married one”…was proven both literally and figuratively. Arabs and Muslims soon overtook the Jews and splendor of Makkah got far above Jerusalem in every respect.
After the Christians did? This could mean anybody.
MUQ wrote:
3.“You will be extended to the right and to the left”….the Kingdom of Arabs spread to all around Makkah very fast after the advent of prophet Mohammad (peace be on him). They took possession of old cities and laid the foundation of new cities.
After the Romans did?
MUQ wrote:
4. Muslim rulers have always took utmost care to add to the splendor of Makkah Mosque and its up keeping.
How come not only did the prophecy never mention any significance of Mecca at all, the entire Bible never even mentioned it? The significance of Mecca, the Kaaba and the Black Stone clearly came from pagan religions of Muhammad's time and area. These things were KNOWN to be revered by the pagans before Muhammad and we can find zero reverence to these things by the Jews. Zero. Muhammad merely changed the prayer direction after he realized the Jews weren't going to follow him.
MUQ wrote:
There is no other religious place on the face of this earth, which is so frequented by people from all over the world as much as Makkah.
Where was "frequented" mentioned in the prophecy?
MUQ wrote:
5. Justice is the hall mark of Islam and in Makkah it is seen in reality.
Yes, that's why nobody fights each other more than Muslims. Are you freakin kidding me?
MUQ wrote:
6.“No weapon will work against you..” This shows that Makkah will always be protected from foreign attackers. This is a feat which no other city has witnessed for such a long period..
The Ottomans invaded and controlled Mecca and oppressed Muslims for 400 years. What are you talking about?
MUQ wrote:
7. Then God says that he will never be angry again….that shows that Islam shall be the religion of God till the end of time and splendor of Makkah and Islam shall always be on rise.
So you think that God is not angry right now? God is not angry about Muslims killing each other? Maybe he's not, if he thinks Muhammad was a false prophet anyway. Maybe it's actually God's will or punishment.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187099 Aug 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Buford,
I have already told you that articles in Wikiislam, are written by clueless ignorant fools of FFI, which is the site run by Ali Sina, the megalomanic suffering from severe NPD. The writers there have the same percentage of low intelligence like the polemic Christian posters here.
I had corrected their articles many times but the crooks kept on editing them fast.
Mr. Pilate Orchestrated Stage Play,

The way you edit and make corrections is a bad joke.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187100 Aug 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. Our prophet NEVER called Jesus liar.
2. He might have contradicted some of the Gospel Writers but not Jesus. They are not the same things. Gospel writers have done many mistakes and there are plenty of contradictions in their writings, so no one should be Dogmatic about what is written in these Gospels.
Sure, if a verse says what you want it to say, then that must be the true verse. If a verse doesn't say what you want it to say, that must be the false verse. And you have no idea at all that this is a self serving, logical. You can't decide whether something is the truth or not simply because you want it to be the truth or don't want it to be the truth. This is a logical fallacy called "subjective reasoning". Has anybody ever taught you the concept of "objective reasoning"? Why are Muslims so uneducated when it comes to logic and reasoning. Why is their reasoning so twisted?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
3. Our prophet got his info from revelation which is TIMELESS. Knowledge of God is perfect in all ages,
Sure, according to what MUHAMMAD claimed. Hey Muhammad, why are you a true prophet? Because this here book that I myself am creating says so. And you see no problem at all with that? Nothing about someone self proclaiming something makes you suspicious? I'm going to create a book too, and it will proclaim me to be a special prophet, and you should have no doubts at all. After all, if you ask me to perform miracles, all I have to do is to make excuses as to why I will not, and I'm all set. And if you don't believe me, I will scare you and threaten you with hell.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
so it does not matter if our prophet came 600 years after Jesus. Does not Moses wrote about Adam, Noah, and Abraham … who passed away many centuries before him. How come his writings are "authentic and binding"?
He was talking about God fooling everyone to think Jesus was crucified, which led to the largest religion in the world, and it took God 600 years to correct this "supposed" error.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not aware of our prophet's life history, otherwise you would not have used these words.
I am, and it ain't pretty. Why do you think there are "Quran only" Muslims? It's because they recognize how embarrassing the hadiths and other history sources are. So much so, that they had to reject them to be able to hold on to their Islamic beliefs. Muhammad condoned rape and theft, and there is even a Sura entitled "the booty". Muhammad condoned rape of female captives. Muslims would be much better off if they merely called some of the cruelties that Muhammad allowed to merely be God's will, and leave it at that. Instead, they literally try to lie about them and deny them as if they don't even exist. Jews acknowledge the cruelties in the Torah and merely explain them as God's will. They don't lie about them and deny them like Muslims do with Islam.

You should read IBN Kathir's historical reference to the circumstances behind 9:29

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php...

Here, we have Allah gathering 30,000 troops to go out and offensively attack Christian Al Sham. And then, Allah changed his mind after they went out to the desert and were near Al Sham? God gathered 30,000 men together for nothing? God digs ditches so that he can fill them back up again? God didn't make that decision, Muhammad did and then he changed his mind when he realized it wasn't realistic and he wouldn't be able to pull it off. How much more obvious can it be for you?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187101 Aug 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
As I told you brother, I do not want to deviate from my main topic of discussion which is about "What Bible prophesies about our prophet".
Well short answer to all your remarks is "Things do not go as per what you think or assume".
What Joseph Smith achieved in his life time and since his death, and what our prophet achieved is in front of every one.
How can one compare them?
So what I post below should answer some of your observations.
MUQtard,

The main difference between Joseph Smith, the "prophet" of Mormonism, and your "prophet" is that Smith didn't order the executions of his critics, behaviors that you EXCUSE because, after all, true prophets of God occasionally need to behave like savagely UNCOUTH brutes, especially when trying to establish Islam, a religion of PEACE, or so its defenders claim.

Just ask the Muslim Brotherhood. Hamas, and Hezbollah.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187102 Aug 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he delivered the messages of God truthfully.
Qur'an 69:38 "But nay! I swear that this is truly the word of an honored, illustrious, and noble Messenger; it is not the word of a poet, nor is it the word of a soothsayer."

LOL!!!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187103 Aug 30, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Qur'an 69:38 "But nay! I swear that this is truly the word of an honored, illustrious, and noble Messenger; it is not the word of a poet, nor is it the word of a soothsayer."
LOL!!!
It's interesting. I've never read a scripture that spends as much time defending it's own legitimacy as the Quran does. Something suspicious and very human about that.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#187104 Aug 30, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>a religion of PEACE, or so its defenders claim.
Just ask the Muslim Brotherhood. Hamas, and Hezbollah.
When Muslims try to hide their violent tendencies by calling Islam a religion of peace, they are being a little bit deceptive. People need to ask Muslims exactly what they mean by peace when they try to deceive like this. Peace does not mean compromise, cooperation and non violence with others like most people take the word to mean and like they hope you believe it means. There are no such concepts as cooperation, compromise and non violence with non Muslims in the Quran. In Islam, peace means the peace one is supposed to feel by submitting to the will of Allah. That's what it REALLY means, but they won't tell you that. And Allah does not will cooperation, compromise and non violence with non Muslims. And Allah does not like the pacifist who does not want to fight.

2:216 (Y. Ali) Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.

Muslims can be very deceptive people when it comes to Islam.
Alex WM

London, UK

#187105 Aug 30, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
John 20:28,29
After he saw proof of Jesus' resurrection, Thomas addressed Jesus as "my Lord and my God." So, Thomas here called Jesus "God."
If Jesus did not possess Deity, Thomas' statement would have been blasphemy, and Jesus should have rebuked Him. Instead, Jesus praised Thomas and pronounced a blessing on everyone who believes the same (v29)! Then John proceeded to claim that His record of Jesus' miracles gives us all reason to believe in Him (vv 30,31).
You don't believe in Jesus words because you worship the Muslim Allah a non-existing God.
The One true God is a reflection of the unique concept that Islam associates with God. To a Muslim, Allah is the Almighty Creator and Sustainer of the universe, Who is similar to nothing, and nothing is comparable to Him.
Definition of NOTHING
1 : not any thing : no thing <leaves nothing to the imagination>
2 : no part
3 : one of no interest, value, or consequence <they mean nothing to me>
Allah god defined by Muslims does not exist!
That is my point the god Muslim call Allah does not exist.
Muslims pray to a non-existing God!
Muhammad fabricated a non-existing god into being the one true god of his religion of Islam
And Muhammad made himself prophet of a god that does not exist!
Muslims are INSANE!
You will NEVER disprove this statement, Shamma:

"I worship G-d. You must worship G-d instead of worshipping me (the more you worship me, the more you irritate G-d and confirm claims that I am a seducer and a false messenger.Signed: Jesus "

Kindly stop reading John dear Shamma.
Do you really know who wrote it?
Why did it take nearly 200 years for John to get his story "right""?
Jesus NEVER approved a single word in John, especially the English translation!
Also there are no originals ...why not?
Did "John" speak greek too?

Allah/G-d is the creator, Shamma. Allah/G-d can create what Allah/G-d Wills.
It does NOT mean that the creation resembles the creator.
You are being unfair to cats. They can ALSO claim that G-d looks like them!
Peace.
Alex WM

London, UK

#187106 Aug 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to.
Can you prove that the Christian God is a Trinity? Any solid evidence from Jesus? Nada! Zilsch!
I wrote this to Bryant:
"Good.
Now, write here and declare this:
There is only One God. Jesus is not God. The Holy Spirit is not God.
If you write that I will accept that you believe in one God only.
Can you do that without any fear?
Do it!"
CAN YOU DO THAT, SHAMMA?
Nice one! You are doing a great job here, bro.

Allow me:

"There is only One God.
Jesus is not God.
Muhammed is not God.
The Holy Spirit is not God."

Only ALLAH is God.(ie: The LORD GOD is the only God).

Satan has so blinded worshippers of naked pagans that, they are unaware that they are Pagans!!

Salaaams. Alex WM
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#187107 Aug 30, 2013
Shamma wrote:
God himself already provided his own evidence that God is a Trinity in The Holy Bible.
That is no proof and no evidence.

That is Horse Shit.

Neither God nor Jesus spoke a word about this rubbish known as Trinity.

We don't see God talking to Jesus and we do not see God and the servant Jesus talking or mentioning a word about the absurdity and abomination, known as trinity.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#187108 Aug 30, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You will NEVER disprove this statement, Shamma:
"I worship G-d. You must worship G-d instead of worshipping me (the more you worship me, the more you irritate G-d and confirm claims that I am a seducer and a false messenger.Signed: Jesus "
Kindly stop reading John dear Shamma.
Do you really know who wrote it?
Why did it take nearly 200 years for John to get his story "right""?
Jesus NEVER approved a single word in John, especially the English translation!
Also there are no originals ...why not?
Did "John" speak greek too?
Allah/G-d is the creator, Shamma. Allah/G-d can create what Allah/G-d Wills.
It does NOT mean that the creation resembles the creator.
You are being unfair to cats. They can ALSO claim that G-d looks like them!
Peace.
You are illiterate Alex!
There is nothing similar to nothing!

Allah is nothing!
Muhammad is a prophet of a nothing god!
Allah dose not exist.
bmz

Location hidden

#187109 Aug 30, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
Say what?

What was that silly Kookaburra laugh for, Buford?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187110 Aug 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, please!
The Quranic Arabic Corpus is for those, who are not well-grounded inArabic. Don't show that to me, please!
The words came from others. Qur'aan does not acll him The Messaih.
Qur'aan quotes those, who said that. I have already told you that Qur'aan calls him Rasul-ul-lah (Messenger of Allah).
In English, one mostly writes words separately. In Qur'aan, words are combined with an 'al', which is not a definite article, and acts as a conjunction.
For example, Allah, which can be written as Al-lah. Here Al is the definite article and Allah means The God.
In the Quranic Arabic Corpus, you presented, the words Qatalna in the third row and the word messiah in the fourth row are read together and 'al' is used to combine the two.
So, we read it as QATALAN-AL-MASEEH, which means "We killed messiah". You can't do that in scripturally poor languages English and Greek.
For example you cannot do killed-al-messiah kind of thing in English or Greek.
And then look at the words in row 8 and row 9. It says Rasul in row 8 and Allah in row 9, which we read together as Rasulallah or Rasulullah.
Allah does not say that Jesus was The Messiah. Allah says he was the son of Mary and the messenger of Allah. You can see 'son of Mary' written in rows 6 and 7.
rabbee: well since it was only from an angel, it could be written as anub-s, osir-s, plut- or m-rs... a messenger of an alleged angel, is not necessarily a true messenger from G-D made.
Alex WM

London, UK

#187111 Aug 30, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Muhammad lived the life of a pagan war lord!
[1) Muhammad had sex with a (prepubescent) nine-year-old girl.
(2) Muhammad married more women than his own revelations allowed (he received a "special" revelation giving him the privilege of violating Surah 4:3).
(3) Muhammad married the wife of his own adopted son.
(4) Muhammad had sex with his slave girls.
(5) Muhammad attempted suicide.
(6) Muhammad delivered a revelation to his followers promoting polytheism.
(7) Muhammad supported idolatrous pagan practices such as kissing a black rock and bowing down to the Ka’ba.
(8) Muhammad ordered his followers to assassinate people who criticized him or his religion.
(9) Muhammad beheaded hundreds of Jews for trying to defend themselves once they realized he was eliminating them.
(10) Muhammad started a war with Mecca when he had a chance to live in peace in Medina.
(11) Muhammad committed numerous acts of terrorism.
(12) Muhammad enslaved thousands of people.
(13) Muhammad allowed his followers to rape their female captives (though he took the most beautiful captive back to his own tent).
(14) Muhammad told his followers it’s okay to beat their wives into submission.
(15) Muhammad hit his wife Aisha.
(16) Muhammad broke an oath to his wives (after receiving a "revelation" giving him permission to break his oaths).
(17) Muhammad wanted to divorce one of his wives once she had become old and unattractive.
(18) Muhammad showed favoritism among his wives.
(19) Muhammad told his followers that women are stupid and that their testimony is unreliable.
(20) Muhammad tortured people for money.
(21) Muhammad supported his religion by robbing people.
(22) Muhammad preached a message of violence, oppression, and cruelty.
(23) Muhammad taught his followers to believe in a god who loves only them, and no one else.
(24) Muhammad ordered his followers not to be friends with non-Muslims.
(25) Muhammad commanded his followers to fight and subjugate non-Muslims.
(26) Muhammad said that Ethiopians have "heads like raisins."
(27) Muhammad allowed his followers to have sex with prostitutes.
This is just a SHORT LIST of the pagan life Muhammad lived.
His book the Quran is filled with Anti-God scripture based on his war lord thirst for power.
BJ had nothing to do with prostitutes?
Can you find his full life story instead of quoting only a few months from your "bible"?

Did BJ not encourage hid clowns to buy swords to defend themselves?
But they ATTACKED an innocent temple servant, cut his ear off....then they fled...some of them ran naked!!!

What was BJ doing to the lonely woman by the well offering her "living (tadpole) water"?

What was BJ doing cursing the paps of women?
bmz

Location hidden

#187112 Aug 30, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me:
"There is only One God.
Jesus is not God.
Muhammed is not God.
Satan has so blinded worshippers of naked pagans that, they are unaware that they are Pagans!!
Salaaams. Alex WM
Thank you, bro.

When Christians tell us all that they believe in one God, we know they deceive, bro.

In fact, they should not say that they believe there is one God.

Instead, they should be forthcoming and tell us that they believe in one God that exists are three.

They need to be honest about that.

If they do that, we would not call it a deception by Christians but we would call it their false belief and condemn that triune God.

Salaams
BMZ
bmz

Location hidden

#187113 Aug 30, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well since it was only from an angel, it could be written as anub-s, osir-s, plut- or m-rs... a messenger of an alleged angel, is not necessarily a true messenger from G-D made.
Only G-d can send angels, Rabbee. Nobody else can.

Satan can send his minions.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187114 Aug 30, 2013
is your ignorance, debating their ignorance again? nobody escapes G-D commanding their death, not even Adam being crucified by G-D.
Alex WM

London, UK

#187115 Aug 30, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
He has a tendency to rewrite the Quran to make it what he wants it to be at whatever time he needs it to be that.
This deluded fool "sees" things in "his" bible that other Christians don't see!

He can't even answer basic questions such as:
Let's ask him again...
A)Is BJ "The Only Begotten Son of God" or "The Only Begotten Son of god the father"?
(who is BJ's daddy? God or god the father?)

B)
……
If you answer these SINCERELY, you will know that Jesus is NOT G-d.

READ the instructions carefully and answer the questions.

The instructions are very simple...
"Give YES or NO answers providing relevant chapters and verses as proof. No need for any additional comments or your own interpretations"
…………………………

Show us where Jesus is making DIRECT claims in the first person as follows, in the Synoptic Gospels OR EVEN GOSPEL OF JOHN, by giving us chapter/verse as proof:

1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person" 7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God” 14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187116 Aug 30, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me:
"There is only One God.
Jesus is not God.
Muhammed is not God.
Salaaams. Alex WM
rabbee: well which is worse, their being blinded by hasatan, or your being blinded by baal hamolech?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#187117 Aug 30, 2013
my my! look at all the diverse free will mental disease. with all the everybody's way of being wrong, not being able to accept their own way of being all wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Archaeologists Reconstruct Face of Medieval Man... Mon kornadnez 1
News Blackbeard's anchor recovered off coast (May '11) Feb '17 Pretty Pharts 12
Fossilised tooth Feb '17 Navigator 1
News 700-year-old poop found, still reeks (Apr '14) Feb '17 Ancient Phart 27
News Aglukkaq re-announces Franklin Centre for Gjoa ... Feb '17 stand on guard 4 ... 1
News The struggle to preserve Gaza's treasures (Feb '11) Jan '17 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 2
Ark of the Covenant @ Stonehenge Jan '17 Wally Hope 4
More from around the web