Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256382 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186762 Aug 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to, Bryant. The above translation is fraudulent. Where did you get that horrible translation from? God did not father Jesus.
I have read almost all translations and never found that rotten translation saying, "I have fathered you this day."
Mechon Mamre Psalm 2:7
"I will tell of the decree: the LORD said unto me:'Thou art My son, this day have I begotten thee."
Rashi's translation and commentary and he agrees with us:
I will tell of the decree; The Lord said to me, "You are My son; this day have I begotten you."
"begotten you: to be called My son and to be beloved to Me as a son for their sake, as it is stated (II Sam. 7:14) concerning Solomon:“I will be to him a father, and he shall be to Me a son.” We find further concerning David (Ps. 89:27)“He shall call Me,‘You are my Father, my God, and the Rock of my salvation.’”"
I noted where I got it from.

Why does Allah deny he has a son(s) when the One True God says He does?
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186763 Aug 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of question is that? I had written this and where did I say that I believe now in the absurd Trinity?
Pagan,
"Jesus was also an illiterate pagan and a leader of demons.
He gave people an absurd triune God also known as the abomination, an absurdity and a monstrosity, that was passed to him by pagans.
If Jesus were not a pagan, he would have taught and preached only one God, not the Trinity monster.
Now, cry your ass off!"
Jesus taught the One True God, BMZ. One God existing simultaneously AS Three Persons
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186764 Aug 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have interpreted correctly. Please read again:
"To be frank, Shamma, this is the most ridiculous and absurd parable written and falsely ascribed to Jesus.
The master had entrusted the gold for safe-keeping. He had not instructed them to invest and make the money grow.
The two, who made money, would have run away, if they had incurred losses on gambling, drinking and womanizing.
The third guy was honest. He kept the gold safe as it was given for safe-keeping. He honoured the trust.
The master appears to be a very greedy fellow, who was out to make money. He believed in usury, which means multiplying wealth by charging interest.
The proof of that is in this pudding of the parable:
"26 “His master replied,‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest."
This shows that Jesus believed in making money by getting interest, without doing any work.
Ridiculous Parable.
Brother Jesus, the only son of my dearest mother Mary, would have never spoken out this silly, absurd and ridiculous parable.
You need to read, study and contemplate. You have to pick up the diamonds from Jesus, from the dunghills in the landscape of the New Testament."
If the master had asked them to invest and show him the returns, then it would have been a different story.
There is no talk of using talents for increasing the material talent.
The greedy master's reply is very telling: " ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.""
Please leave that parable as a shallow and a narrow one. In my humble opinion, it was the work of an overzealous stupid scribe."
The master had only entrusted the gold for safe-keeping. There is no talk of making the gold multiply.
You are wrong. It is not about money, BMZ. Read what I wrote again until you get it.

Jesus also said the Kingdom of God was like a mustard seed. According to your logic He would be talking about seeds. LOL

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#186765 Aug 26, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus taught the One True God, BMZ. One God existing simultaneously AS Three Persons
There is no such God that exists as three persons.

If Jesus taught that the one true God exists as three persons, then I have no choice but to call Jesus a fool!

It is a bold statement that I have made. However, I can assure you that Jesus never taught that kind of an absurd God.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#186766 Aug 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Illiterate and not able to read and write are two different things.
Our prophet had a very uncluttered mind, which was filled to the brim by the revelation which he received.
He later proved to be much more genius and knowledgeable than all those Biblical Scholars who wrote those books.
His sermons and his sayings and his rulings have kept thousands of Muslim Scholars busy full time for centuries.
Fools like you, do not realize his greatness, because of your bais and hatred towards him.
rabbee: the measure of greatness, is relative to the standard it is measured against. if i write my own standards, the i am the greatest person on earth. but if i measure my standards, with G-D as my STANDARD, then it gets a lot further shakier at least.

and G-D'S STANDARD, is TheTorah given to Moshe. any deviation from that, is your own self defined standard of self greatness. you cannot bring peace to the world, with ever more violence. since if the violence never diminishes, then you are not as great with G-D as you self say.

you cannot tell me, there is not something dreadfully wrong with muslim fighting muslim. for if they are not busy, fighting amongst themselves, they are fighting some one else. they have lived by the sword, and they are still dying by the sword.

muhammed and his principals, if they are muhammed's principals in the quran. have failed to bring peace to the whole world. and haven't even brought peace, from muslim to muslim. and never shall, they will. and let us not kid ourselves, their is something wrong, with all the religions of this world. for the violence of this whole world, has never been diminished by any of them.

G-D does not want, for those who force others to believe as they. any more than desiring, they are forced to go through the motions of pretend to believe to save their own lives. G-D cares for those who want to love G-D on their own, without intimidation or coercion of others. love is not an act, of coercion or intimidation. love is - i want to truly, love you even if you refuse to love me. true love cannot be bought, coerced, or intimidated.

bmz

Location hidden

#186767 Aug 26, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
I noted where I got it from.
Can you provide a link to that absurd and fraudulent translation of Psalm 2:7, please?
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186768 Aug 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you provide a link to that absurd and fraudulent translation of Psalm 2:7, please?
It is in my copy of the Tanakh and it is out on loan now. It is this one: http://www.amazon.com/The-Jewish-Bible-Transl...

God has adopted David as His son. David has a special relationship with God.

Being "fathered" and being "begotten" has the same meaning. It does not mean sex like your Allah thought it did.

A "son" denotes a special relationship with God. It is God who chooses who He wants to have a special relationship with -- "sons."
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#186769 Aug 26, 2013
i know of G-D'S desire, in want to love all of who G-D says are my grandchildren. but the world wants, no part of this truly. they do not want to love G-D, any more than they want to love who G-D says is their grandfather adam.

i even desire to love, this worlds grandmother to give this whole world another chance. even though she and all of you have forever rejected, G-D and me.

i really do not have any desire to see all of you, and your grandmother, disappear into oblivion. with G-D giving me, with another mate. i hate you all and your grandmother, for putting me in this dreadful position again. but likened unto G-D i still want, to love you all.

free will can be, the most dangerous critter on all of earth. or you can choose for it to be, the most loving human on earth. but rebellion against G-D never, begets a lesser rebellion among us all.
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186770 Aug 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have interpreted correctly. Please read again:
"To be frank, Shamma, this is the most ridiculous and absurd parable written and falsely ascribed to Jesus.
The master had entrusted the gold for safe-keeping. He had not instructed them to invest and make the money grow.
The two, who made money, would have run away, if they had incurred losses on gambling, drinking and womanizing.
The third guy was honest. He kept the gold safe as it was given for safe-keeping. He honoured the trust.
The master appears to be a very greedy fellow, who was out to make money. He believed in usury, which means multiplying wealth by charging interest.
The proof of that is in this pudding of the parable:
"26 “His master replied,‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest."
This shows that Jesus believed in making money by getting interest, without doing any work.
Ridiculous Parable.
Brother Jesus, the only son of my dearest mother Mary, would have never spoken out this silly, absurd and ridiculous parable.
You need to read, study and contemplate. You have to pick up the diamonds from Jesus, from the dunghills in the landscape of the New Testament."
If the master had asked them to invest and show him the returns, then it would have been a different story.
There is no talk of using talents for increasing the material talent.
The greedy master's reply is very telling: " ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.""
Please leave that parable as a shallow and a narrow one. In my humble opinion, it was the work of an overzealous stupid scribe."
The master had only entrusted the gold for safe-keeping. There is no talk of making the gold multiply.
What is ridiculous is the way you have interpreted it.

Let's say the parable is about money for a minute. Some people are gifted with the ability to make money, the have the talent for it. These people are to use it wisely because their talent actually comes from God; they are to feed and cloth the poor, for instance. In this way the Kingdom of God is enhanced to further God's will and God's Kingdom sees the profit.

One of these people in the parable did nothing with his money. He hid it and put it to no good use.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#186771 Aug 26, 2013
your rebellion against G-D, has visible signs in this world of pestilence, plague, and famine. and the pestilence, plague, and famine shall not disappear in continuous rebellion against G-D.

and there is no such thing, as national security in rebellion against G-D. you only diminish, your national security and safety without G-D truly.

you cannot truly love this world, without any true love for G-D. and it shows, in this world today.
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186772 Aug 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus taught that the one true God exists as three persons, then I have no choice but to call Jesus a fool!
It is a bold statement that I have made. However, I can assure you that Jesus never taught that kind of an absurd God.
Call Jesus a fool and someday you will stand before God condemned.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#186773 Aug 26, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it?
Prove Jesus never taught that God is Triune?
Produce Scripture from actual words of God saying I am not Triune?

Location hidden

#186774 Aug 26, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
your rebellion against G-D, has visible signs in this world of pestilence, plague, and famine. and the pestilence, plague, and famine shall not disappear in continuous rebellion against G-D.
and there is no such thing, as national security in rebellion against G-D. you only diminish, your national security and safety without G-D truly.
you cannot truly love this world, without any true love for G-D. and it shows, in this world today.
How could Adam marry his mother rabbee?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#186775 Aug 26, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>How could Adam marry his mother rabbee?
rabbee: well that is relative, to which surrogate mother you are talking about? the one from 2000 years ago Merreeam, who was supposed to be still dead, or the current one Jewel who was not supposed to be currently dead.

nobody even expected even TheOUR Mother of Yeshooah, Merreeam too be returned too. i was placed in a family with an atheist father, how in the hell was i supposed to know what G-D was really taking about that day. when G-D made as much sense to me that day, as i am now making to all of you.

it did not seem possible, i could marry OUR Mother. obviously i did not know, which Mother THEY were talking about. i had heard along the way, that G-D was TheG-D of the impossible. but i obviously did not believe, it could be that impossible.

thought i had dodged the bullet, when i married another gal who seemed to obviously not be The Our Mother. TheOnly Perfect Virgin Girl, i ever purely knew. actually in TheChurch, actually with TheOur Virgin Mother. and they did not even know, She was actually there. so i am not the only one, who did not expect Her either.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#186776 Aug 26, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: i don't care call me a fool, as long as they don't call RUACH HA-KODESH a fool. nobody is forgiven, for insulting THE FEMINE PART OF G-D. you shall find this true of males, on earth too if you insult their wife.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#186779 Aug 26, 2013
It's time to delve deeper into secularism, free thinking, intellectualism, aesthetics, culture and mysticism. Yeah - that's my style!

Location hidden

#186782 Aug 26, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
It's time to delve deeper into secularism, free thinking, intellectualism, aesthetics, culture and mysticism. Yeah - that's my style!
That was the evil Muslim Muhammad's style too Joe!

UMMM, UMMM, UMMM evil must be vibrating its vibes in you.

bmz

Location hidden

#186783 Aug 26, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
It is in my copy of the Tanakh and it is out on loan now. It is this one: http://www.amazon.com/The-Jewish-Bible-Transl...

God has adopted David as His son. David has a special relationship with God.

Being "fathered" and being "begotten" has the same meaning. It does not mean sex like your Allah thought it did.

A "son" denotes a special relationship with God. It is God who chooses who He wants to have a special relationship with -- "sons."
The translation that you provided was fraudulent. God did not father David.

Qur'aan does not say that sex was involved. It is the New Testament that makes that filthy suggestion, when it shows the alleged Holy Spirit as the Culprit. And by the way, Christianity believes that the Holy Spirit fathered him.

There is no special relationship there.

" I will tell of the decree: HaShem said unto me:'Thou art My son, this day have I begotten thee."

It simply means 'Today you are like a son to me a s a son is to his father'.

That is all.

'I have begotten thee as son" simply means here "I have taken you as a son".

I have already told you that David was already about 40, when God took him as a son. His motehr did not give birth to a 40 plus baby.

God took Abraham as a friend. So, in Hebrew, God must have said to Abraham, "Thou art My friend, this day I have begotten thee."

Location hidden

#186784 Aug 26, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well that is relative, to which surrogate mother you are talking about? the one from 2000 years ago Merreeam, who was supposed to be still dead, or the current one Jewel who was not supposed to be currently dead.
nobody even expected even TheOUR Mother of Yeshooah, Merreeam too be returned too. i was placed in a family with an atheist father, how in the hell was i supposed to know what G-D was really taking about that day. when G-D made as much sense to me that day, as i am now making to all of you.
it did not seem possible, i could marry OUR Mother. obviously i did not know, which Mother THEY were talking about. i had heard along the way, that G-D was TheG-D of the impossible. but i obviously did not believe, it could be that impossible.
thought i had dodged the bullet, when i married another gal who seemed to obviously not be The Our Mother. TheOnly Perfect Virgin Girl, i ever purely knew. actually in TheChurch, actually with TheOur Virgin Mother. and they did not even know, She was actually there. so i am not the only one, who did not expect Her either.
You should converse with "Thumbs up".
That is his line of thinking.

bmz

Location hidden

#186785 Aug 26, 2013
Bryant wrote:
I did that already, when I wrote and qualified as follows:

"There is no such God that exists as three persons.

It is a bold statement that I have made. However, I can assure you that Jesus never taught that kind of an absurd God."

Let me make it clear: If Jesus really taught that the one true God exists as three persons, then Jesus was indeed a great fool!

And on the Day of Judgement, I will ask Jesus before God, the LORD Almighty Allah the folowing question:

"Jesus! Did you tell the Israelites that the true God existed as three persons from your own mouth? If you have said that yourself, then you were a fool to have said that!"

Jesus will tell me before God,'No, BMZ! I never said that."

I will say, "Thanks, Jesus for clarifying that. I never trusted the fools, who said that."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama names Utah, Nevada monuments despite oppo... Dec 30 Off Topic 5
Ark of the Covenant @ Stonehenge Dec 30 YHWH Allah 2
News New theory on Stonehenge describes it as 'an an... (Mar '15) Dec 22 Lucifer 9
C-h-e-a-p K-i-t-c-h-e-n-s For Sale Middlesbrough Dec 19 Anonymous 1
The Epiphany Window is a Map of Stonehenge Dec '16 Garry-Denke 4
News A trip to Israel gives Hanukkah new meaning for... Dec '16 drain the swamp 1
News Lubbock's bounty of free museums lure visitors ... Dec '16 Tom 1
More from around the web