Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253870 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#186666 Aug 25, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeker rants and raves because he is unable to put his point across.
That's pretty funny coming from a moron who actually repeats the same thing for 400 times. What does that say about you? What should anybody think? You can't even do one single thing to defend Islam on a forum about Islam.
Alex WM

London, UK

#186667 Aug 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just shut up you stupid parrot? You have repeated the same thing for over 400 times. What does that say about you? It says you are a complete, blithering idiot.
Poor seeker is reduced to a nervous wreck!
He keeps parroting "Why don't you shut up...why don't you shut up?"

Seeker contributes NOTHING here, because he is a moron.
Seeker argues with every poster because he has a serious mental health problem.
Seeker is so mad that he "sees" things in gospels that even the scribes never saw!!

*****Come on moron...answer this:
Is Jesus "son of god" or the "son of god the father".

*****While you struggle to answer that, why not try these simple questions?

If you answer these SINCERELY, you will know that Jesus is NOT G-d.

READ the instructions carefully and answer the questions.

The instructions are very simple...
"Give YES or NO answers providing relevant chapters and verses as proof. No need for any additional comments or your own interpretations"
…………………………

Show us where Jesus is making DIRECT claims in the first person as follows, in the Synoptic Gospels OR EVEN GOSPEL OF JOHN, by giving us chapter/verse as proof:

1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person" 7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God” 14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)
Alex WM

London, UK

#186668 Aug 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
So did you.
Mad seeker has a go at Joel!
Alex WM

London, UK

#186669 Aug 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
...t ....you're so crazy that you have no idea of this and accuse everybody else of exactly what YOU do.
.... you a lunatic.
Mad seeker has a go at poor Rabbee

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#186670 Aug 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>

So did you.
And so did dear Jesus.

(smiles)
Alex WM

London, UK

#186671 Aug 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
... You are nothing but a raging lunatic.
Mad seeker has a go at Rabbee again!
Alex WM

London, UK

#186672 Aug 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Who told you that?
Mad seeker is at it again!!
Alex WM

London, UK

#186673 Aug 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
.... But you don't even understand the terms subjective and objective.
<quoted text>
... you stupid moron.... Dummy.

<quoted text>
You don't even understand a single word he was really saying,...
your stupid prophet,...so stupid..
<quoted text>
... You are making up stupid lies once again....Don't you have any shame at all?

<quoted text>
.... Dummy.
<quoted text>
.... you filthy liar.

<quoted text>
...LOL!!! Stinking liar.
Mad seeker is having a go at sane BMZ.
Mad seeker doesn't understand the Gospels buts "sees" things in them!
Mad seeker doesn't understand Arabic but he knows best!

All in all mad seeker suffers from delusions of "inadequacy"....not grandeur..
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#186674 Aug 25, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor seeker is reduced to a nervous wreck!
Sure, anybody that pegs you for what you really are must surely be a nervous wreck. Just keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.
Alex WM

London, UK

#186675 Aug 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pretty funny coming from a moron who actually repeats the same thing for 400 times. What does that say about you? What should anybody think? You can't even do one single thing to defend Islam on a forum about Islam.
Mad seeker, I am repeating the questions because you haven't the b*lls to admit defeat!

Come on tell us mad seeker....the answer to my seventeen questions are No...NO...No....17 times!

Here they are AGAIN mad seeker.... admit you have no verses in the Gospels.

"Give YES or NO answers providing relevant chapters and verses as proof. No need for any additional comments or your own interpretations"
…………………………

Show us where Jesus is making DIRECT claims in the first person as follows, in the Synoptic Gospels OR EVEN GOSPEL OF JOHN, by giving us chapter/verse as proof:

2. "I am God!"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person" 7. "I am made of sin"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God” 14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
Alex WM

London, UK

#186676 Aug 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Mad seeker....
Please answer this:
Is Jesus "The Only Begotten Son of god" or "The Only Begotten Son of god the father"?
LOL...
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#186677 Aug 25, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Mad seeker has a go at poor Rabbee
Poor rabbee thinks Muhammad is a false prophet you stupid, hypocritical moron. You'll even team up with the house lunatic if you think it suits your needs. So what does that say about you?
Alex WM

London, UK

#186678 Aug 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well let's hope that happens, but it ain't you sweetheart.
Mad seeker has a go at Susan
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186679 Aug 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I was damn Serious! And that is why I wrote this:
"To be frank, Shamma, this is the most ridiculous and absurd parable written and falsely ascribed to Jesus.
The master had entrusted the gold for safe-keeping. He had not instructed them to invest and make the money grow.
The two, who made money, would have run away, if they had incurred losses on gambling, drinking and womanizing.
The third guy was honest. He kept the gold safe as it was given for safe-keeping. He honoured the trust.
The master appears to be a very greedy fellow, who was out to make money. He believed in usury, which means multiplying wealth by charging interest.
The proof of that is in this pudding of the parable:
"26 “His master replied,‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest."
This shows that Jesus believed in making money by getting interest, without doing any work.
Ridiculous Parable.
Brother Jesus, the only son of my dearest mother Mary, would have never spoken out this silly, absurd and ridiculous parable.
You need to read, study and contemplate. You have to pick up the diamonds from Jesus, from the dunghills in the landscape of the New Testament."
If the master had asked them to invest and show him the returns, then it would have been a different story.
There is no talk of using talents for increasing the material talent.
The greedy master's reply is very telling: " ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.""
Please leave that parable as a shallow and a narrow one. In my humble opinion, it was the work of an overzealous stupid scribe.
Why is it that you cannot admit you are wrong?
Alex WM

London, UK

#186680 Aug 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm....I think he's a little more than merely foolish. Haven't you figured that out yet?
Mad seeker has yet to answer these simple questions...

**** Is Jesus "the Only Begotten Son of god" or "the Only Begotten Son of god the father"?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#186681 Aug 25, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Mad seeker, I am repeating the questions because you haven't the b*lls to admit defeat!
You were answered a long time ago and you rejected it because it came from John. It's not my problem that you are such an idiot that you can't remember that.
Alex WM

London, UK

#186682 Aug 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, anybody that pegs you for what you really are must surely be a nervous wreck. Just keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.
Mad seeker is going crazy!
He is unable to admit that Gospels have NOTHING direct from Jesus claiming divinity.
We are not interested in what mad seeker "sees" in the Gospels!

…………………………

2. "I am God!"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#186683 Aug 25, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Mad seeker has a go at Susan
Seeker has a go at you first and foremost. Rabbee and Susan have mental disorders, but you are even worse. So what's your excuse? Blatant stupidity? They are both actually far more intelligent than you will ever be and it's a shame that they have mental disorders, but they have an excuse and you have none.
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186684 Aug 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to qualify. Matthew 5:38 can be excluded.
Note that Jesus did not turn the other cheek, when he was slapped. Instead, he asked,'Why did you strike me?" That does not fall under diamonds from Jesus.
It was not Muhammad. It was the Qur'aan that instructed Muhammad not to pray for the dead disbeliever.
This instruction tallies with what Jesus said, "Let the dead bury the dead! Follow me!" However, in this case, Jesus should not have stopped the man from attending his father's funeral as that man was not a disbeliever.
Also, the Dad does not agree with the son. An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, still stands.
I don't think it was said anywhere by people or Scripture to love their neighbour and hate their enemy. Such verses were made up.
You can easily understand the context of 2:216 after reading the following:
"2:190 Fight, in the way of Allah, against those who wage war upon you, but do not commit aggression by attacking first. Allah does not like aggressors, 2:191 and slay them wherever you come upon them, drive them away from wherever they drove you away. Oppression is worse than slaughter. But do not fight in the vicinity of the Sacred House of Worship unless they attack you there first, but if they fight against you, you may slay them. This shall be the just retribution, such disbelievers deserve. 2:192 But if they desist, then Allah is much-forgiving and the Most Merciful.
2:193 Fight until there is no more oppression, and worship of Allah is established. If the oppressors desist, then there shall be no more hostility, except against oppressors, if any.
2:194 The Sacred months should be kept sacred but you are allowed to retaliate during the sacred months, only if you are attacked. If anyone commits aggression against you, then retaliate likewise and remain conscious of Allah. Know that Allah is with those who are conscious of Him."
So, the ones with no backbones, wanted to stay safe and sit at home, while the others fought the enemy, who was attacking.
What do you think "turning the other cheek" means?

But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.

How does one slap a person on the right cheek?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#186685 Aug 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Off-topic again.
Here is what I wrote:
Actually, the cross was a stumbling block that prevented Simon from reaching home.
Instead, he was most likely lumbered up the cross and crucified as Jesus, allowing Jesus to escape.
A name can mean anything but the name Jesus does not mean "He is God!"
The name of the other culprit Jesus, whom the Romans released, also meant "Jesus saves" and he saved himself.
You did not read this post post.
The name Jesus means "God saves". The child born of the Virgin Mary is called Jesus, "for he will save his people from their sins" (Mt 1:21): "there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).
The title "Christ" means "Anointed One" (Messiah). Jesus is the Christ, for "God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power" (Acts 10:38). He was the one "who is to come" (Lk 7:19), the object of "the hope of Israel" (Acts 28:20).
The title "Son of God" signifies the unique and eternal relationship of Jesus Christ to God his Father: he is the only Son of the Father (cf. Jn 1:14, 18; 3:16, 18); he is God himself (cf. Jn 1:1).
The title "Lord" indicates divine sovereignty. To confess or invoke Jesus as Lord is to believe in his divinity. "No one can say 'Jesus is Lord' except by the Holy Spirit'" (1 Cor 12:3).
Like I said before, your reading and comprehension skills is that of a moron.
Muslim cannot understand a word that God speaks in His Holy Scriptures written by holy men inspired by God.
The Holy Bible is not just words spoken by God.
The Holy Bible of God is Gods Holy Covenant between God and His chosen people.
God did not make a covenant with the Gentiles!
Meaning non-Jews.
That is the true meaning that "Salvation comes through the Jews" through Gods Covenant with His chosen people, the Jews.
There is only one Covenant that binds every one to Gods laws of reward or punishment.
That is the Covenant God made with His Chosen people the Jews.
Muslims are screwed because the Muslims people make their own covenant with Muhammad by accepting Muhammad's covenant between Muhammad and his followers as their prophet over Gods covenant with the Jews.
Muhammad blocked out the Muslims from entering into Gods Covenant under Gods Covenant with the Jews by rejecting Gods Son Jesus Christ.
Read it and weep Muslim!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Airport runway battle heats up in Macon (Mar '09) Aug 15 Curious 31
News Ruby Rose reveals John Wick 2 co-star Keanu Ree... Aug 14 daredevil82 2
News Archaeologists in Serbia Unearth Ancient Spells... Aug 14 srbosjek 2
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug 11 Faa Samoa 1,978
News Preservation unit under probe - Hawaii News (Aug '09) Jul 26 Georgina 45
Cities’ Identity Through Architecture and Arts ... Jul '16 moabdallah 1
News On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Unsealed (Jan '13) Jul '16 Antonia 4
More from around the web