Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 254799 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#186579 Aug 25, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!!!!
BJ was nothing.
He was an irritating clown who knew nothing about politics, law, economics, science, family life etc. He was a homeless clown without any proper record for nearly 30 years of his life!!!
He was not smart. He got his cronies to buy swords and dropped them and himself in it. They ran off naked being typical cowards.
He had no authority whatsoever.
Prove to us that he REALLY did ANYTHING useful at all.
Come on lying Christian:
Can you produce some proper historical offical records on this "god", "king of heaven" "king of jews", what exactly he did officially!
He did NOTHING. ZERO...ZILCH..ZIPPO, NIL, NADA AND EVEN NULL!!
BJ is a mythical king!
Muslims will not support such a clown. The Jews spit on him.
Others don't believe him.
so you are on your own dear ignorant Christian.
Hmm...your "prophet" Mohammad had the highest possible regard for "BJ," but what "historical official records"* did he consult that convinced him that "BJ" existed at all, and that he was a miracle worker? Could it be that his only sources were hearsay accounts, if it is true, as some Muslims insist, that Mohammad was illiterate and couldn't actually read the New Testament, not even one that had been translated into Arabic?

* The Qur'an is NOT an "historical official record" but is rather a private revelation that in any case can't be trusted for its numerous internal and external contradictions. See: http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Contradictions_in_t...
Alex WM

London, UK

#186580 Aug 25, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm...your "prophet" Mohammad had the highest possible regard for "BJ," but what "historical official records"* did he consult that convinced him that "BJ" existed at all, and that he was a miracle worker? Could it be that his only sources were hearsay accounts, if it is true, as some Muslims insist, that Mohammad was illiterate and couldn't actually read the New Testament, not even one that had been translated into Arabic?
* The Qur'an is NOT an "historical official record" but is rather a private revelation that in any case can't be trusted for its numerous internal and external contradictions. See: http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Contradictions_in_t...
Hello ignorant fool without a passport! lol..
BJ is NOT the same as Jesus PBUH.
BJ is a pagan mangod who is a clown.
We have no problem with the MAN Jesus PBUH.
We reject BJ the clown "god".
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#186581 Aug 25, 2013
in Judaism and Islam, God is indivisible and remains invisible

the god of Christianity is neither indivisible nor invisible,
there are three DISTINCT persona, and "if you see Jesus, you see the Father"

due to opposing concepts of God between Judaism and Christianity
the term "Pagano-Christian" suits their theology better, rather than "Judaeo-Christian"
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#186582 Aug 25, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello ignorant fool without a passport! lol..
BJ is NOT the same as Jesus PBUH.
BJ is a pagan mangod who is a clown.
We have no problem with the MAN Jesus PBUH.
We reject BJ the clown "god".
Al-EX the Phallocentric,

You didn't answer my questions.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#186583 Aug 25, 2013
Al-EX the Phallocentric,

Your "prophet" Mohammad had the highest possible regard for "Jesus PBUH" but what "historical official records"* did he consult that convinced him that "Jesus PBUH" existed at all, and that he was a miracle worker? Could it be that his only sources were hearsay accounts, if it is true, as some Muslims insist, that Mohammad was illiterate and couldn't actually read the New Testament, not even one that had been translated into Arabic?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#186584 Aug 25, 2013
uhuh wrote:
the term "Pagano-Christian" suits their theology better, rather than "Judaeo-Christian"
God by definition can do whatever it pleases God to do, including becoming fully human while remaining fully God. If you deny even the possibility, then your "God Box" is way too small.
Alex WM

London, UK

#186585 Aug 25, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Al-EX the Phallocentric,
You didn't answer my questions.
Hello phallus-minus buford! how are you my old mucker?
I have clearly answered you but you are unable to produce one piece of solid evidence from the Gospels where Jesus claims divinity in the first person. I am happy to reproduce my 17 questions.
Back to BJ....BJ is NOT Jesus PBUH.
BJ is a mangod clown who was clueless.
What more can one say?
Alex WM

London, UK

#186586 Aug 25, 2013
El Cid wrote:
Al-EX the Phallocentric,
Your "prophet" Mohammad had the highest possible regard for "Jesus PBUH" but what "historical official records"* did he consult that convinced him that "Jesus PBUH" existed at all, and that he was a miracle worker? Could it be that his only sources were hearsay accounts, if it is true, as some Muslims insist, that Mohammad was illiterate and couldn't actually read the New Testament, not even one that had been translated into Arabic?
Hello clueless passportless phallusless buford!
Jesus PBUH was a man of God.
Muhammed PBUH was a man of God.
Allah has ways of communicating with Men of God.
There is no need to look up historical records.

But BJ is a mythical mangod who is supposed to be the ONLY BEGOTTEN son of his daddy god.
BJ is supposed to be king of heaven with all authority being given to him.
The earthquakes post sepulchre incidents have not been recorded anywhere.
The historical records say nothing about this "god" who died, got up and ran off to daddy in heaven.
No witnesses! There should be thousands witnessing this and records must be full of such great deeds!
Nothing Zilch Nada...Zero...
BJ is a myth.
Alex WM

London, UK

#186587 Aug 25, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>God by definition can do whatever it pleases God to do, including becoming fully human while remaining fully God. If you deny even the possibility, then your "God Box" is way too small.
phallusfree passportfree buttfree brainfree buford!
Can your God do anything?
You have solved a tiny problem in our neighbourhood.
They believe that a ginger cat is god.
You may be right...
God by definition can do whatever it pleases God to do, including becoming fully Cat while remaining fully God. If you deny even the possibility, then your "God Box" is way too small.
Thank you Buford the genius.
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186588 Aug 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
@ Seeker
It is a beautiful Sunday here. Will contribute more in the evening.
And don't forget to deliberate on my analysis of the parable:
To be frank, Shamma, this is the most ridiculous and absurd parable written and falsely ascribed to Jesus.
The master had entrusted the gold for safe-keeping. He had not instructed them to invest and make the money grow.
The two, who made money, would have run away, if they had incurred losses on gambling, drinking and womanizing.
The third guy was honest. He kept the gold safe as it was given for safe-keeping. He honoured the trust.
The master appears to be a very greedy fellow, who was out to make money. He believed in usury, which means multiplying wealth by charging interest.
The proof of that is in this pudding of the parable, which is definitely not a diamond from Jesus:
"26 “His master replied,‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest."
This shows that Jesus believed in making money by getting interest, without doing any work.
Ridiculous Parable.
Brother Jesus, the only son of my dearest mother Mary, would have never spoken out this silly, absurd and ridiculous parable.
You need to read, study and contemplate. You have to pick up the diamonds from Jesus, from the dunghills in the landscape of the New Testament.
Are you serious? LOL

If you are serious, then your comments would be laughable, if not so sad.

The parable is saying that God has given people some gifts or talents. Some people have more than others. What is most important is how we use these gifts. A good Christians will put their talents to good use and they will multiply. God rewards those who put their talents to work for Him.

But some (one in this parable) do not put them to good use. They fail to use the talents God has given them and they will be punished.
Alex WM

London, UK

#186589 Aug 25, 2013
What a para-babble!
27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest."

Cool...No wonder the Jews tried to murder BJ who was promoting usury.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#186590 Aug 25, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma logic: If you are not a Christian, you are a Muslim!
Mohamed Joel!.lol
Who is Muhammad Alex?

Location hidden

#186591 Aug 25, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
What a para-babble!
27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest."
Cool...No wonder the Jews tried to murder BJ who was promoting usury.
Who is Muhammad Alex?

Location hidden

#186592 Aug 25, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
phallusfree passportfree buttfree brainfree buford!
Can your God do anything?
You have solved a tiny problem in our neighbourhood.
They believe that a ginger cat is god.
You may be right...
God by definition can do whatever it pleases God to do, including becoming fully Cat while remaining fully God. If you deny even the possibility, then your "God Box" is way too small.
Thank you Buford the genius.
Who is Muhammad Alex?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#186593 Aug 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
I find it really interesting that in the beginning when Muhammad was trying to convince the Jews he was legit, the prayer direction was Jerusalem, but then after he realized the Jews rejected him, suddenly the prayer direction changes to the Kaaba.

And the very poor explanation for this sudden change was that Allah was "testing" them. And we know for a fact that reverence of the Kaaba and the Black Stone clearly came from the Meccan pagan religions that Muhammad grew up with. Same thing with the Jinn. These were all Arab pagan concepts. Muhammad was willing to incorporate anything into Islam if he thought it would get him followers.
Even before he had met a Jew or the Jews of Medinah, he had always faced Jerusalem when he prayed in Mecca.

No, there was no test conducted on him in that by Allah. It was a way to show that Jerusalem was of no significance or importance. Thus the cut off.

Muhammad had always wanted to face the Ka'aba and permission was granted.

Those, who were standing in prayers behind him at that time, went through the real test when the Prophet turned towards Mecca and all turned, without asking a question.

Anyway, you should not worry about the change of direction, as Christians have no sense of direction.

The Jews do have a sense of direction for paryers. The Synagogues face the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, while the Churches mostly face East towards the sun. lol!

Location hidden

#186594 Aug 25, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello clueless passportless phallusless buford!
Jesus PBUH was a man of God.
Muhammed PBUH was a man of God.
Allah has ways of communicating with Men of God.
There is no need to look up historical records.
But BJ is a mythical mangod who is supposed to be the ONLY BEGOTTEN son of his daddy god.
BJ is supposed to be king of heaven with all authority being given to him.
The earthquakes post sepulchre incidents have not been recorded anywhere.
The historical records say nothing about this "god" who died, got up and ran off to daddy in heaven.
No witnesses! There should be thousands witnessing this and records must be full of such great deeds!
Nothing Zilch Nada...Zero...
BJ is a myth.
Who is Muhammad Alex?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#186595 Aug 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Who is Muhammad Alex?
Muhammad Alex is a convert to Islam. His name was Alex. When he became a Muslim, he added Muhammad to his English name.

Now he is called Muhammad Alex. He is a very nice person.

Location hidden

#186596 Aug 25, 2013
uhuh wrote:
Who is Muhammad uhuh?
Alex WM

London, UK

#186597 Aug 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Who is Muhammad Alex?
1. A TINY creation of G-d who prayed to G-d and G-d ONLY.
2. A TINY creation of G-d who did NOT pretend he was G-d.
Alex WM

London, UK

#186598 Aug 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Who is Muhammad Alex?
Shamma, I have already told you that Muhammed PBUH, was a tiny creation of G-d who prayed only to G-d and who never pretended he was G-d.

Now back to your: Joel is not a Christian; so you call him a Muslim!

Shall we name him: Mohamed Joel?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 8,000-year-old female figurine uncovered in cen... Sep 16 Stephany McDowell 1
News On the canvas: Museum digs up modern collection Sep 15 Albert 1
News Dore Gold: Archaeology is best defense of Jewis... Sep 13 naman 2
News Pioneers' graves to be relocated (Jul '07) Sep 12 ima hoosier 187
News Editorial: Return of Native American remains em... Sep 6 really 1
News Airport runway battle heats up in Macon (Mar '09) Aug '16 Curious 31
News Ruby Rose reveals John Wick 2 co-star Keanu Ree... Aug '16 daredevil82 2
More from around the web