Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256284 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186007 Aug 20, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It does not work like that, Bryant.
Saying that Jesus claimed this and Jesus claimed that, means nothing!
What is important is what Jesus said and declared openly. If he is not on record for saying something, then it is no point in claiming that he claimed this or he claimed that.
Did Jesus even say, "I claim to be God?"
Plaese read Isaiah 45 and it puts down all the claims made BY the Church and her fathers.
I think the reason you are in denial is because you CAN'T AND WON'T believe it because you would have no recourse by to denounce the Qur'an.

Once again Isaiah 45 says nothing that would contradict Christianity and what the Christ said. There is only one God.

If Jesus came back today and said, "BMZ, I am the Word of God incarnate, worship me" would you do it?
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186008 Aug 20, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma's God's name was supposed to be Immanuel but the mother forgot and named him something else, which no one truly knows.
LOL God's name is Immanuel?? Are you kidding around? Care to rewrite your reply?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#186009 Aug 20, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you heard the voice of the Lord Shamma?
What did "he" say?
or what did "she" or even "it" say?
Also Shamma,
What is the name of your God?
Is it Jesus by any chance?
Thank you.
You didn't answer my question Alex?
Who is the Lord in the Quran Alex?
Name one Muslim that has seen, and heard the voice of the Lord Alex?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#186010 Aug 20, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Jesus need to mention what they already knew?
You must read earlier posts. Only then you can know what was being discussed.

For example, thousands and thousands of pages have been written on the so-called First Sin or the Original Sin involving Adam and Eve, which resulted in the Doctrine of Sin.

Do we see Jesus Jesus talking about Adam, Eve and the Serpent, who had tested him? Nothing from Jesus at all.
bmz

Location hidden

#186011 Aug 20, 2013
Addendum, Bryant

So, can we claim that Jesus claimed that Adam and Eve had indeed committed the Original Sin?

The man never spoke a word about the couple at all.
Redneck Reb

San Jose, CA

#186012 Aug 20, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: i would be more concerned about the ones, your all breaking if i were you. when even calling Yeshooah, as jesus is bearing false witness.
without mentioning reciting the words of Paool, that are not really Paool's exact quotes. is not exactly being, honest to G-D and everybody. just another alleged as prophet, with catholic and muslim bullies kicking sand in their face.
Perhaps You should change Your Title from Rabbi Adam to Judge Adam ...

Location hidden

#186013 Aug 20, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma's God's name was supposed to be Immanuel but the mother forgot and named him something else, which no one truly knows.
Phillipians 2:5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
bmz

Location hidden

#186014 Aug 20, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong again.
Septuagint - What is It?
Septuagint (sometimes abbreviated LXX) is the name given to the Greek translation of the Jewish Scriptures. The Septuagint has its origin in Alexandria, Egypt and was translated between 300-200 BC. Widely used among Hellenistic Jews, this Greek translation was produced because many Jews spread throughout the empire were beginning to lose their Hebrew language. The process of translating the Hebrew to Greek also gave many non-Jews a glimpse into Judaism. According to an ancient document called the Letter of Aristeas, it is believed that 70 to 72 Jewish scholars were commissioned during the reign of Ptolemy Philadelphus to carry out the task of translation. The term “Septuagint” means seventy in Latin, and the text is so named to the credit of these 70 scholars.
I know all that story.

My point is that the Septuagint was not the Scripture and was never considered to be. It was just a translation in scripturally a poor language Greek.

OT translations came from Latin Vulgate.

Location hidden

#186015 Aug 20, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
For example, thousands and thousands of pages have been written on the so-called First Sin or the Original Sin involving Adam and Eve, which resulted in the Doctrine of Sin.
Do we see Jesus Jesus talking about Adam, Eve and the Serpent, who had tested him? Nothing from Jesus at all.
Without the doctrine of sin Muslim, God is not worthy of worship.

Allah the Muslim God is not worthy to be worshiped.

Is that why Muslims must commit Jihad against innocent people to prove the Muslim god is real?
bmz

Location hidden

#186016 Aug 20, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Phillipians 2:5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Can I have a passage from Jesus saying all that? Under Isaiah 45, this passage gets debunked.
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186017 Aug 20, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said why would Jesus have to explain to His fellow Jews what they already knew?

They would have know the following Scriptures.

Genesis 8:21, "Never again will I doom the earth because of man, since the devisings of man's mind are evil from his youth; nor will I ever again destroy every living being as I have done."

Jeremiah 13:23, "Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard its spots? Neither can you do good who are accustomed to doing evil."

Jeremiah 17:9, "The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?"

Jeremiah 5:1, the Lord said to his faithful prophet, "Go up and down the streets of Jerusalem, look around and consider, search through her squares. If you can find but one person who deals honestly and seeks the truth, I will forgive this city." But Jeremiah could not find even one godly person.

Psalm 58:3: "the wicked go astray from the womb, they err from their birth speaking lies."

Psalm 51:5 David claimed that he was "conceived in iniquity."

There is something from Jesus:

Matthew 15:19, For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.

Mark 7:20-23, And He said,“What comes out of a man, that defiles a man. 21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, 22 thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. 23 All these evil things come from within and defile a man.”

Notice that in these passages Jesus points out that physical cleanliness has nothing to do with spiritual cleanliness.

Mark 10:18, So Jesus said to him,“Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.

How do we interpret what Jesus said if not that every human being is corrupt?

Isn't Jesus reversing the effects of original sin when He does miracles or exorcisms?

See the third chapter of John. Jesus explains to Nicodemus that in order for man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, he must be born again. "I tell you the truth, unless a man is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Jesus is saying that the condition that we are in is not good enough; we must be born again. Our "flesh" is "original sin" and must be replaced by God's nature which we are given by the Spirit.

Yes, Jesus knew about the sinfulness of man and He preached it.
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186018 Aug 20, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I know all that story.
My point is that the Septuagint was not the Scripture and was never considered to be. It was just a translation in scripturally a poor language Greek.
OT translations came from Latin Vulgate.
My point is that the Jews did use it. They knew Greek, but not Hebrew.

You can see that with the Qur'an since about 75% of Muslims cannot read or understand Arabic and so read it in the language they understand.
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186019 Aug 20, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I have a passage from Jesus saying all that? Under Isaiah 45, this passage gets debunked.
Matthew 28

18 Then Jesus came to them and said,“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
bmz

Location hidden

#186020 Aug 20, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is that the Jews did use it. They knew Greek, but not Hebrew.

You can see that with the Qur'an since about 75% of Muslims cannot read or understand Arabic and so read it in the language they understand.
The Jews did not use it. Period. That the Jews knew Greek but not Hebrew, is absurd and hilarious! The Church writers made it up.

Muslims read Qur'aan ONLY in Arabic. That is why children are taught how to read Arabic early.

Those, who do not understand Arabic listen to the recitation in Arabic ONLY and then translation is provided by the Mullahs all over the world.

Location hidden

#186021 Aug 20, 2013
bmz wrote:
Addendum, Bryant
So, can we claim that Jesus claimed that Adam and Eve had indeed committed the Original Sin?
The man never spoke a word about the couple at all.
Every Jew knew the Adam and Eve committed a sin against God.
For under the Covenant with the Jews God gave Moses the doctrine of sin.

The Doctrine of sin Muslim is the great spiritual law of God-the 10 Commandments given to Moses.
Under the Covenant with God the Jews recognized that God is "Boss"

Even secular scholars recognize that the very first Christians based their lives on following the great spiritual law of God—the Ten Commandments. When they said, "The Lord Jesus Christ," they recognized that the word "Lord" means "Boss"—the One you should obey! Jesus reminded them again and again of this vital relationship, as in Luke 6:46: "But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and not do the things which I say?"
bmz

Location hidden

#186022 Aug 20, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 28
18 Then Jesus came to them and said,“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Matthew 28:18-19 is a confirmed forgery. Please check it out.

If it were true, Peter would not have baptized people only in Jesus' name.

" Acts 2:28 – be baptized…in the name of Jesus Christ.

Acts 8:16 – baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Acts 10:48 – baptized in the name of the Lord.

Acts 19:5 – baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus."

Could you please provide a list of what he had commanded? I don't see him commanding anything new.
bmz

Location hidden

#186024 Aug 20, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Every Jew knew the Adam and Eve committed a sin against God.
For under the Covenant with the Jews God gave Moses the doctrine of sin.
The Doctrine of sin Muslim is the great spiritual law of God-the 10 Commandments given to Moses.
Under the Covenant with God the Jews recognized that God is "Boss"
Even secular scholars recognize that the very first Christians based their lives on following the great spiritual law of God—the Ten Commandments. When they said, "The Lord Jesus Christ," they recognized that the word "Lord" means "Boss"—the One you should obey! Jesus reminded them again and again of this vital relationship, as in Luke 6:46: "But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and not do the things which I say?"
The Doctrine of Sin is disgusting and shameful.

If you can read and understand this, only then try to answer.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#186025 Aug 20, 2013
Hugh,

Bend over. I want to sodomize you. No, no, I've changed my mind. I don't butt-f*u+ck ugly black bums.

(grins)
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186026 Aug 20, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews did not use it. Period. That the Jews knew Greek but not Hebrew, is absurd and hilarious! The Church writers made it up.
Muslims read Qur'aan ONLY in Arabic. That is why children are taught how to read Arabic early.
Those, who do not understand Arabic listen to the recitation in Arabic ONLY and then translation is provided by the Mullahs all over the world.
BNZ, I gave you information from the Internet that the Jews did indeed use it.

The Muslims are still getting a translation. Most Muslims know some Arabic, but do not know it well and you are aware of this. Stop kidding around.
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#186027 Aug 20, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 28:18-19 is a confirmed forgery. Please check it out.
If it were true, Peter would not have baptized people only in Jesus' name.
" Acts 2:28 – be baptized…in the name of Jesus Christ.
Acts 8:16 – baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Acts 10:48 – baptized in the name of the Lord.
Acts 19:5 – baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus."
Could you please provide a list of what he had commanded? I don't see him commanding anything new.
Matthew 28 is not a forgery. You are wrong again.

The phrase, "in the name of the Lord, etc." is not a reference to a baptismal formula, but a reference to authority. It is similar to hearing someone say, "Stop in the name of the Law!". We understand that the "name of the Law" means by the authority of the Law. It is the same with baptism "in Jesus' name." To baptise in Jesus' name is to baptize in the authority of Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug 9 tongangodz 1,979
News Lost cities of the Midwest: A trek back to pre-... Jul 28 Von Zipper 7
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul '17 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul '17 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul '17 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun '17 spydie 35
News Volunteers wanted to join community archaeologi... Jun '17 dig 1
More from around the web