Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256361 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex WM

London, UK

#185861 Aug 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Bro
Is the book Zealot by Reza Aslan available at the book stores in the U. K?
I can't get it here. Can you get one for me and post it to me, please?
http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/aug/14/...
Thanks and salaams
BMZ
Does this link help bro?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/...

If it can't be ordered from there please let me know.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#185862 Aug 19, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok bro, I will look it up for you.
Salaams
Alex Wm
Thank you, bro

According to reports, it was made available in the U. K on 15th August 2013.

Please check if the e-book is available online. In that case, I can order the e-book.

Jazakallah,

Salaams
BMZ
bmz

Location hidden

#185863 Aug 19, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't say anything about the Father and you merely made a statement about Jesus not mentioning the Holy Spirit and I showed you where he did in a very important way, and even said he will send it to them and the Holy Spirit will tell them what to say, which is exactly what happened all over the book of Acts. And I didn't even bring John up where the Holy Spirit is plastered all over that. So you were given verses with a clear and important mention of the Holy Spirit and then after you are given that, you try to change the subject. You do stuff like this all of the time.
Seeker,

Why do you engage in Bulverism? lol!

Hope you know what it is.
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#185864 Aug 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I got the analogy.
The Church fathers were the computer programmers. They created the characters the Father, the Son and threw in a Holy Ghost that does not exist in reality.
The game sold well in the pagan markets.
Not true. The concept of the Trinity is biblical.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185865 Aug 19, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem a bit deaf blind and dumb when it comes to those questions.[/QWUOTE]

I am not at all, I answered those a month or two back, took way too much time to do that only to have you insist that I never did and I'm not going through that effort again and this is the 6th time I have had to tell you that. If you are so stupid that you can't remember where I did and where you disqualified my answers after all of that work because the answers came from John, that is not my problem. Stop repeating yourself like a mindless parrot.

[QUOTE who="Alex WM"]<quoted text>
Let's try again glory seeker...
No let's try you getting off your lazy azz and finding where I already did this Polly. YOUR stupidity and/or lack of memory is not MY problem.
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#185866 Aug 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there any logic in those verses to show me the trinity in any of those?
Look at this, which you quoted: "And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven."
So, what about the Father in heaven? You can blaspheme him? Blaspheme the Father and Jesus as much as you can but do not blaspheme the Holy Spirit. Don't you see how stupid and absurd the line is?
The Holy Spirit of God IS God. When you blaspheme the Holy Spirit you are blaspheming God Himself.

You wouldn't understand this because according to Muslims the holy spirit of Allah is an angel. ;)
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185867 Aug 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeker,
Hope you know what it is.
Yes I do and I do not practice that. You asked where Jesus mentioned the Holy Spirit and I gave you that. Period. Then you change the subject when you get what you asked for to want to discuss what the verses mean, but that was not your original claim nor question. All you do is to change the subject every time you make a mistake. Don't think anybody with half a brain can't notice this. Many here notice this about you, not just me.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185868 Aug 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jazakallah,
What was that? Jakazzallah?
bmz

Location hidden

#185869 Aug 19, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. The concept of the Trinity is biblical.
No. It is NOT in the Bible.

It came 300 years after Jesus was gone. And Trinity was fine tuned by the 6th Century.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#185870 Aug 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It is not biblical.
It is a man-made doctrine, which was concocted 5 centuries after Jesus was gone.
It receives no support from Jesus and has zero credibility.
rabbee: well so is the quran, a man made after the fact doctored doctrine. and it receives no support, from the alleged as jesus or G-D either.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185871 Aug 19, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem a bit deaf blind and dumb when it comes to those questions.
Maybe it's because of that bomb you just set off deafening me.

BALALALALALALA!!!! BOOM!!! LOL!!

Muzzstones
Meet the Muzzstones
They're the modern stone age family

In the
Land of Topix
They're a page right out of history

Let's ride
With the guys who wear a sheet
Long beards
Smelly sandals on their feet

When your
With the Muzzstones
Have an Allahalla hoo time
A bomb a Jew time
A bombs away old time!!!

ALLAHU AKBAR!!!! BOOM!!!
bmz

Location hidden

#185872 Aug 19, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do and I do not practice that. You asked where Jesus mentioned the Holy Spirit and I gave you that. Period. Then you change the subject when you get what you asked for to want to discuss what the verses mean, but that was not your original claim nor question. All you do is to change the subject every time you make a mistake. Don't think anybody with half a brain can't notice this. Many here notice this about you, not just me.
Please refer to my post #185842, which is reproduced here for convenience.

Yes, I have read them before. All the reasons and arguments are childish and foolish, Bryant. There is not a word from Jesus on Trinity.

Why should we believe in it, when the Bible does not even talk about it?

Trinity IS a man-made doctrine. Yu cannot deny this fact!

Did Paul teach Trinity? Did Peter teach Trinity?

My view:

"Trinity is a Godhead, not God. The Christian Godhead has one God in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit."

The Father is God, the Son is God and the Holy Spirit is God"

These three persons are clearly distinct and co-equal. The Father is neither the Son nor the Holy Spirit. The Son is neither the Father nor the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is neither the Father nor the Son."

Now, you tell me about this blasphemy and tell me what exactly it is.

Jesus spoke for three years. He spoke only about the Father in heaven during his conversations and lectures. How many times did he mention the Holy Spirit in three years?

When we see him talking about the Father in heaven, we do not see him talking about the third of the three. Why? Where was it? Why was that thing not mentioned side by side with the Father by Jesus?

Is their a single statement from his disciples and Paul that God was a trinity? Nothing! Nada! Nyet!

Now, this is what I had asked:

Jesus spoke for three years. He spoke only about the Father in heaven during his conversations and lectures. How many times did he mention the Holy Spirit in three years?

When we see him talking about the Father in heaven, we do not see him talking about the third of the three. Why? Where was it? Why was that thing not mentioned side by side with the Father by Jesus?

That is why I accused you of Bulverism.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#185873 Aug 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent!
That is what I like about you, Rabbee. Well said!
Thank God, we did not let the scripturally poor Greeks write our books.
And Muhammad's name remains the same all over the world.
if Jesus accidentally was sent back and the crowd shouted, "Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!", he would quietly walk by thinking they were calling somebody else.
rabbee: well He actually did that, for 41 years. and even still continues, to walk by those liars that truly He never knew. not like your going to meet, anyone in this world to tell the truth.
bmz

Location hidden

#185874 Aug 19, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
What was that? Jakazzallah?
Jazaka Allah. We used it to say "Allah reward you."

Or "May the LORD reward you", biblical style.

bmz

Location hidden

#185875 Aug 19, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well so is the quran, a man made after the fact doctored doctrine. and it receives no support, from the alleged as jesus or G-D either.
There are no man-made doctrines in Qur'aan. In fact, the Torah supports it and it supports the Torah, excluding man-made stories.
bmz

Location hidden

#185876 Aug 19, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad to know that you know what bulverism is but you do practice it all the times.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185877 Aug 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeker,
Better than the Ballvoyeurism that Philthy Phallics engages in.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#185878 Aug 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there any logic in those verses to show me the trinity in any of those?
Look at this, which you quoted: "And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven."
So, what about the Father in heaven? You can blaspheme him? Blaspheme the Father and Jesus as much as you can but do not blaspheme the Holy Spirit. Don't you see how stupid and absurd the line is?
rabbee: are you talking to yourself, or some non-existent person? who committed blasphemy, against The-Holy-Spirit. who is no longer recognized by EITHER now.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185879 Aug 19, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well He actually did that, for 41 years.
Yeah in a condo in Denver and a pool hall where he used to play 9 ball with Gabriel.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185880 Aug 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad to know that you know what bulverism is but you do practice it all the times.
What's the expression for changing the subject? Diversion? What's the expression for discussing the Bible to defend Islam? Deflection? What's the expression for adding words that aren't in a verse? Distortion? Dilution?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Safeguarding Islam's ancient past May 12 Tear it down 1
News Men made strange discoveryHere are the top stor... May 7 Dr Reker s Bellhop 1
News Boy finds 5,000-year-old spearhead (Feb '12) May 6 Natgan 3
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... May 2 okimar 25
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Apr '17 Plunder 5
News Archaeologists Reconstruct Face of Medieval Man... Mar '17 kornadnez 1
News Blackbeard's anchor recovered off coast (May '11) Feb '17 Pretty Pharts 12
More from around the web