Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 254782 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#184494 Aug 6, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>You need to get with the program...
lol!

Achtung!
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#184495 Aug 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not about who was the first Muslim.
Muhammad, among his people, was the first to surrender or submit to God.
Moses, among the Egyptians, was the first to surrender or submit to God.
Abraham, among his people, was the first to surrender or submit to God.
2:37 has nothing to do with calling Adam a Muslim. It talks about Adam being forgiven.
The verse:
"Say: "Am I to take for my master anyone but God, the Originator of the heavens and the earth, when it is He who gives nourishment and Himself needs none?”
Say: "I am bidden to be foremost among those who surrender themselves unto God, and not to be among those who ascribe divinity to aught beside Him.""
rabbee: well first of all, muhammed did not submit to G-D. he submitted, to an angel. and i seriously doubt that muhammed, was the first to submit to an angel. just like Paool who submitted to an angel, or was it an Angel like Daneeel? can this world even distinguish, the difference between an angel or an Angel?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#184496 Aug 6, 2013
all religions can all vainly claim that adam, is the first of their religions. but then their false wittiness, has forever been wrong. i do not belong to any of your religions, i belong to G-D as The-His Only Begotten Male Son.
bmz

Singapore

#184497 Aug 6, 2013
sucipto wrote:
Allah, the God Almighty don´t remember how many Angels announced the birth of Jesus to the Virgin Mary ??
(QS 19:17-21): one Angel ??
or..
(QS 3:42-45): several Angels ???
In 3:42-45, angels announced.

In 19:17-21 Gabriel, the messenger delivers the message personally. So, one angel.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#184498 Aug 6, 2013
and let's get one thing straight, in this second coming of Adam. i am not The His/Her Son of G-D. i am only The His Male Child of G-D. and shall always be, The-His Child of G-D here in TheTorah.

and just like all of you, i did not ask to be born again. this whole world is hopeless and hapless, and i do not want any part of it.

i don't even want to be here, in your antiG-D nightmare. when G-D takes off, for the day of rest again. i don't want to be in charge, of about 8 billion G-Dless demonic duds by then.

in this world that still, has not even recovered from the evil and wicked presence of adolph hitler. even though the whole world deserved, his evil and wicked presence, against your evil and wicked presence against G-D.
bmz

Singapore

#184499 Aug 6, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well first of all, muhammed did not submit to G-D. he submitted, to an angel. and i seriously doubt that muhammed, was the first to submit to an angel. just like Paool who submitted to an angel, or was it an Angel like Daneeel? can this world even distinguish, the difference between an angel or an Angel?
No.

You are living in theTorah in the GanEden, Rabbee. How would you know what happened outside your box?

The angel, the Most Honourable and the Most Reliable Gabriel was a messenger from God. Muhammad listened to the messenger and surrendered or submitted to God.

By the way, Paul did not surrender to any angel. I don't think he met any angel.

TheBonusInfo: Paul never believed that Jesus was God. He considered Jesus only a man, a mediator or an intercessor between God and men.

And that is why he declared: There is only one God Almighty and there is no other God besides God Almighty. Earlier Isaiah had confirmed exactly the same. Do you have Isaiah 45 in your theTorah in theGanEden?

Moshe and Jesus surrendered to the same God.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#184500 Aug 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
In 19:17-21 Gabriel, the messenger delivers the message personally. So, one angel.
rabbee: nah you forgot about the wandering UFA Angel(The Unidentified Flying Angel), the wayward Angel, Gabreeel and Others. nor the angels, already plotting Their Death.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#184501 Aug 6, 2013
Yebharekh-Kha Adonaee/y, Veyeeshnereka...
Ya'er Adonaee panav elekha veehooneekha...
Yeesa Adonaee panav elekha veeyasem lekah shalomcha - vshalomech...
bmz

Singapore

#184502 Aug 6, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: nah you forgot about the wandering UFA Angel(The Unidentified Flying Angel), the wayward Angel, Gabreeel and Others. nor the angels, already plotting Their Death.
I like this song in praise of angels, the messengers of G-d:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Lyrics:

"Peace unto you, ministeri&#8203;ng angels, messenger&#8203;&#8203 ;&#8203;&#8203;s of the Most High, of the supreme King of kings, the Holy One, blessed be He.

May your coming be in peace angels of peace, messenger&#8203;&#8203 ;&#8203;&#8203;s of the Most High, of the supreme King of kings, the Holy one, blessed be He.

Bless&#8203; me with peace, angels of peace, messenger&#8203;&#8203 ;&#8203;&#8203;s of the Most High, of the supreme King of kings, the Holy one, blessed be He.

May your departure&#8203; be in peace, angels of peace, messenger&#8203;&#8203 ;&#8203;&#8203;s of the Most High, of the supreme King of kings, the Holy one, blessed be He."

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#184503 Aug 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
2:37 has nothing to do with calling Adam a Muslim. It talks about Adam being forgiven.
The verse:
"Say: "Am I to take for my master anyone but God, the Originator of the heavens and the earth, when it is He who gives nourishment and Himself needs none?”
Say: "I am bidden to be foremost among those who surrender themselves unto God, and not to be among those who ascribe divinity to aught beside Him.""
Muslims have never surrendered to God!
The religion of Islam is Anti-God.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#184504 Aug 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
TheBonusInfo: Paul never believed that Jesus was God. He considered Jesus only a man, a mediator or an intercessor between God and men.
False.

http://biblehub.com/niv/philippians/2.htm

5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in very nature God,

did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

7 rather, he made himself nothing

by taking the very natureb of a servant,

being made in human likeness.

8 And being found in appearance as a man,

he humbled himself

by becoming obedient to death—

even death on a cross!

9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place

and gave him the name that is above every name,

10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,

in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,

to the glory of God the Father.
sucipto

Germany

#184505 Aug 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you have either been misinformed or you are confused:
The correct translation is:
Allah and the angels bless the Prophet, so believers, you too bless and salute him.
Confused ?? I have many Quran in English Version including Yusuf Ali Translation, the correct Translation is PRAY because you can´t read Ancient Arab.
sucipto

Germany

#184506 Aug 7, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>You need to get with the program...
What program ?
sucipto

Germany

#184507 Aug 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The verse:
Abraham, Moses and other Egyptians surrender to GOD..it means the first Converted to Islam.

The verse QS 2:37 is clear Adam is the first Converted to Islam.
sucipto

Germany

#184508 Aug 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
QS 3:42-45 : Angels announced the birth of Jesus to the Virgin Mary (several Angels including Gabriel)

QS 19:17-21 : Gabriel delivers the message personally, one Angel.

So..Which verse is the real verse ??

Allah don´t remember how many Angels He send to the Virgin Mary.
sucipto

Germany

#184509 Aug 7, 2013
Adam, Abraham or Moses never surrender to Allah anyway...they surrender to YAHWEH, The Creator of the Universe.

lol
Question

Kolkata, India

#184511 Aug 7, 2013
koun bada jo mar kar dafna gaya wo ya fir marne ke bad aakash me chala gaya wo?
bmz

Singapore

#184512 Aug 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Muslims have never surrendered to God!
The religion of Islam is Anti-God.
How can Islam be anti-God, when Islam teaches that there is only one God, the LORD Almighty and there is no others God besides the LORD Almighty Allah?

Islam merrily goes and flatly refutes and condemns the Trinity, a false belief, Mr. Trinitarian. So, it is the trinitarian Christianity that is anti-God and anti-Jesus.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#184513 Aug 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I found my copy of the Koran and I'm going to read it! I noticed in it that the angel Gabriel appeared to Muhammad. In my life story, Gabriel also announced my appearance to the Jews, in particular Rabbi Snitzer. The only thing is she's a woman and her real name is Gabrielle.
bmz

Singapore

#184514 Aug 7, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
False.
http://biblehub.com/niv/philippians/2.htm
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very natureb of a servant,
being made in human likeness.

8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
That falls under fraud and forgery, because Jesus is not on record for saying any of that.

Only seven of the 13 epistles attributed to Paul, were probably written by Paul and Philippians is not one of them.

The above verses fail to stand under the scrutiny of Isaiah 45. Either God is a liar or Paul is. Your choice! Pick one wisely, please!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 8,000-year-old female figurine uncovered in cen... Sep 16 Stephany McDowell 1
News On the canvas: Museum digs up modern collection Sep 15 Albert 1
News Dore Gold: Archaeology is best defense of Jewis... Sep 13 naman 2
News Pioneers' graves to be relocated (Jul '07) Sep 12 ima hoosier 187
News Editorial: Return of Native American remains em... Sep 6 really 1
News Airport runway battle heats up in Macon (Mar '09) Aug '16 Curious 31
News Ruby Rose reveals John Wick 2 co-star Keanu Ree... Aug '16 daredevil82 2
More from around the web