Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256266 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#184390 Aug 5, 2013
Continued: Conclusion;
Divine Virtue vs. Human Virtue

I believe the first six days of Creation were absolutely perfect days (i.e. days without end) because God created the evening (or end of each day) before He created the morning (or beginning of each day). That's what the Bible means in Gene-sis chapter one when it says at the end of each of the first six days of Creation, "And the evening and the morning were the... day." In other words, "And the evening or the end of day before the morning or the beginning of day are the middle or the fullness of day."

The end of each of the first six days of Creation before the beginning of each of the first six days of Creation were equivalent to the middle of each of the first six days of Creation. You see, the end of each day had no beginning and the beginning of each day had no end because the middle of each day was connected to God, who has no extremes. That's why, in God's divine system of time virtue is not the "avoidance" of extremes. That's why in God's divine system of time virtue is the total "absence" of extremes. The total absence of extremes is the middle with no beginning and no end.

As we stated earlier, Webster's Dictionary defines the golden mean as, "the perfect moderate course or position that avoids extremes..." For God, the golden mean is not the perfect moderate course or position that "avoids" extremes. For God, the golden mean is the perfect course or position that is totally "void" of all extremes because He is transcendent. When we say God is transcendent we mean He is before "the beginning" and after "the end".

In short, Human virtue is the avoidance of extremes. Divine virtue is the total ab-sence of extremes.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#184391 Aug 5, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>I was simply relying on your statement of FACT, doofus.
rabbee: no you weren't, you were depending on your expert mental error.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#184392 Aug 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Rabbee,
Will you please accept my interpretation of Genesis 1:1 here?
"Now the earth was unformed and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the spirit of God hovered over the face of the waters."
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0101.htm
"the spirit of God hovered over the face of the waters", simply means that God was watching the creation of earth.
I don't think G-d was hovering like a helicopter over the waters. What do you think, Rabbee?
rabbee: nope! since we are talking about TheSpirit of G-D given with Noach. where sunday has never been any different, than any other sunday. because it's the exact same, sunday again. in this world that has never learned, why your evil and wicked history repeats without G-D truly. why has the syrian civil war, always happened in this whole world mentally not true to G-D?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#184393 Aug 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, you are nobody special. You are merely a self deluded person typing silly invented delusional posts on topix. Something tells me that when Jimmie C. Boswell stops taking his meds, he turns into yehoshooah adam.
rabbee: see i told you, that you were lying. and still accusing me of being deluded, with your delusion. because the truth of G-D, does not agree with your delusion. and i refuse to even take an aspirin, for your being another one of about seven billion impossible headaches.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#184394 Aug 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
"1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
3 And God said,“Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day."
I love to bat a curvy ball.
Actually, in the above passages, God did not say, "Let us create light!" Line 1 confirms that heavens had been created, so the sun was definitely there.
There could have been dense clouds, vapour and smoke covering the earth. So, when God said, "Let there be light!" it cleared up.
The light was allowed to shine through. Of course. So can you imagine that the sun was created after the earth was made?:-) Maybe someone thinks the earth was created before the stars? lolol.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1. The words of the Brahms' Requiem comes to mind about false reasoning -- "Verily mankind walketh in a vain show."

Psalm 39:4-7
Lord, make me to know the measure of my days on earth,
to consider my frailty that I must perish. Surely, all my
days here are as an hand-breadth to Thee, and my lifetime
is as naught to Thee. Verily, mankind walketh in a vain show,
and their best state is vanity.
Man passeth away like a shadow, he is disquieted in vain, he heapeth up riches, and cannot tell who shall gather them. Now, Lord, O, what do I wait for?
My hope is in thee.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#184395 Aug 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
All that I need to know is that not one single person who has read the actual scroll makes the ridiculous claims that you make. Not even one. So your bogus excuse about one not having an actual scroll is nothing but utter nonsense and is to be rejected flat out as another one of your stupid excuses. Gee, you sure have a lot of excuses up your sleeve, don't you. It's a shame that not one single one of them actually work. This is a stupid little game you are playing. Quote the verses that back your assertions up or shut up. It's that simple. I did not ask you to give your own twisted summaries, I asked you to quote the actual verses and you can't do that because your wild claims are nowhere to be found in the Torah.
rabbee: so why are you expecting, anyone in this whole lying world to be true? when you can't even get this today right, with G-D here in TheTorah again.

is it my fault that every thing that G-D came and said to me, is verifiable in The-Written Torah also? with you accusing TheG-D, WHO came and said all of this to me as the liar compared to your truth. when you are the one, claiming G-D'S verse is different than yours today at the end of this sixth day.

and do you really think i am stupid enough, to believe you i have never met with instead of TheG-D WHO came to meet with me? the alleged g-ds of your own twisted summaries, vs TheG-D of the non-twisted summary, in this whole world doing the twist. in your the seeker of the twist, since none of your version are in alignment with G-D'S here in TheTorah again.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#184396 Aug 6, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: nope! since we are talking about TheSpirit of G-D given with Noach. where sunday has never been any different, than any other sunday. because it's the exact same, sunday again. in this world that has never learned, why your evil and wicked history repeats without G-D truly. why has the syrian civil war, always happened in this whole world mentally not true to G-D?
rabbee: oh! but let, me guess. you all think, this is the first time that the syrian civil war, has uncivilly happened. when i can assure you, it has always happened in the world not really true to G-D. in this world where the titanic, has always been sunk for not being true to G-D. and can always come back, to do it again in this world never true to G-D.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#184397 Aug 6, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: oh! but let, me guess. you all think, this is the first time that the syrian civil war, has uncivilly happened. when i can assure you, it has always happened in the world not really true to G-D. in this world where the titanic, has always been sunk for not being true to G-D. and can always come back, to do it again in this world never true to G-D.
I love it, Rabbee, when you even go after yourself.

The war in Syria must go on, Rabbee. Asad is the better man compared with the gangsters, rogues and other extremists, who have have ganged up against him.

Only after killing lots of each other, they will realize and reconcile. Muslim countries need massive revolutions and revolutions, you know, are not bloodless.

Let us not let Syria sink. It is the most secular country in the M. E.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#184398 Aug 6, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
The light was allowed to shine through. Of course. So can you imagine that the sun was created after the earth was made?:-) Maybe someone thinks the earth was created before the stars? lolol.
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1. The words of the Brahms' Requiem comes to mind about false reasoning -- "Verily mankind walketh in a vain show."

Psalm 39:4-7
Lord, make me to know the measure of my days on earth,
to consider my frailty that I must perish. Surely, all my
days here are as an hand-breadth to Thee, and my lifetime
is as naught to Thee. Verily, mankind walketh in a vain show,
and their best state is vanity.
Man passeth away like a shadow, he is disquieted in vain, he heapeth up riches, and cannot tell who shall gather them. Now, Lord, O, what do I wait for?
My hope is in thee.
lol on that part. I agree with your assessment.

The problem is folks do not read themselves and do not think outside their own box.

Have a good night.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#184399 Aug 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
All that I need to know is that not one single person who has read the actual scroll makes the ridiculous claims that you make. Not even one. So your bogus excuse about one not having an actual scroll is nothing but utter nonsense and is to be rejected flat out as another one of your stupid excuses. Gee, you sure have a lot of excuses up your sleeve, don't you. It's a shame that not one single one of them actually work. This is a stupid little game you are playing. Quote the verses that back your assertions up or shut up. It's that simple. I did not ask you to give your own twisted summaries, I asked you to quote the actual verses and you can't do that because your wild claims are nowhere to be found in the Torah.
rabbee: i am not going to give, anything to any blasphemer of RUACH HAKDESH. who has already trampled on ThePearls, that G-D has given me with. you have already indicated, you are against The HOLY SPIRIT of G-D here on earth. nor am i going to agree with, what the devil wants and trained for you to say. i do not agree with your being cursed of G-D, i do not want from the devils. you screwed yourself not true to G-D, and i want no part of it.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#184400 Aug 6, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: see i told you, that you were lying. and still accusing me of being deluded, with your delusion. because the truth of G-D, does not agree with your delusion. and i refuse to even take an aspirin, for your being another one of about seven billion impossible headaches.
Well i can't tell you how funny it is to watch someone claim their special qualities and yet they are so bored and have no life that they type posts on a topix forum. Face, you aren't any different than anybody else, with the exception of your delusion mental illnesses that you suffer from. Now go produce a miraculous whirlpool in your toilet by flushing it.

You are completely wasting your time here. After all of your silly inventions and angry rants against humanity, not one single person believes one single thing that you say. Not even one. So when are you going to learn that you are wasting your time and why do you choose to waste your time? And the answer is, you have nothing better to do anyway, just like most others here. Funny how the only right and special person in the world has nothing better to do with his life than to post on topix. Now go take your meds and do something positive with your life. If you have a ton of free time, then go out and help people and donate your time. But maybe you can't because everybody in the real world thinks you are as loony as I do, and probably everyone else here does. All that you are doing here is being an annoying troll posting nothing but crazy rants against humanity using stupid buzzword terms that you created. TheHisSon. Here in TheTorah. IT. All nothing but stupid terms you invented and they are nothing more than annoying. That's all.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#184401 Aug 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, he can't even keep track of who HE is, and yet everybody better listen to him and follow him or they will forever be condemned. When it really comes down to it, this guy is nothing but an annoying azz with nothing of any substance to say. Good for you that you tolerate it so well and have so much patience, because personally, I find it highly annoying. I thought it was entertaining at first or even funny, but it really gets old and annoying after a while, especially since he just keeps repeating the same things over and over again as if anything is going to change each time he repeats himself. I know this is a free forum, and he will continue posting his repeated nonsense over and over again because he has no other outlet, and he has the right to do that, so I guess I'm just going to have to tolerate it. But I really wish he would just stop it and see how pointless anything that he says really is.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#184402 Aug 6, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: i am not going to give, anything to any blasphemer of RUACH HAKDESH. who has already trampled on ThePearls, that G-D has given me with.
Yeah, whatever. Go take your meds and quit bothering people.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#184403 Aug 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The war in Syria must go on, Rabbee. Asad is the better man compared with the gangsters, rogues and other extremists, who have have ganged up against him.
Only after killing lots of each other, they will realize and reconcile. Muslim countries need massive revolutions and revolutions, you know, are not bloodless.
rabbee: nah! i, do not think so. since we are talking about a plague that did not have to happen, in the world if true to G-D. this is just a plague, of evil and wicked vs evil and wicked. with asad being, the most evil sob in the valley. must choose to be true to G-D, or the plagues of blood curdling revolutions. in this world that would rather choose, pestilence, plague and famine, rather than to truly believe in G-D.

in this world and their grandmother, that has always chosen the same mental mistakes, rather than truly believe in G-D. missing the obvious that we cannot be in GanEden, with all this pestilence, plague, and famine. and if we are not in GanEden true to G-D, then just where in the cursed hell are we not true to G-D?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#184404 Aug 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well i can't tell you how funny it is to watch someone claim their special qualities and yet they are so bored and have no life that they type posts on a topix forum. Face, you aren't any different than anybody else, with the exception of your delusion mental illnesses that you suffer from. Now go produce a miraculous whirlpool in your toilet by flushing it.
You are completely wasting your time here. After all of your silly inventions and angry rants against humanity, not one single person believes one single thing that you say. Not even one. So when are you going to learn that you are wasting your time and why do you choose to waste your time? And the answer is, you have nothing better to do anyway, just like most others here. Funny how the only right and special person in the world has nothing better to do with his life than to post on topix. Now go take your meds and do something positive with your life. If you have a ton of free time, then go out and help people and donate your time. But maybe you can't because everybody in the real world thinks you are as loony as I do, and probably everyone else here does. All that you are doing here is being an annoying troll posting nothing but crazy rants against humanity using stupid buzzword terms that you created. TheHisSon. Here in TheTorah. IT. All nothing but stupid terms you invented and they are nothing more than annoying. That's all.
rabbee: more of your blasphemy against, TheHOLY SPIRIT of G-D i don't presume.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#184405 Aug 6, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, whatever. Go take your meds and quit bothering people.
rabbee: i do not believe in, your other g-ds. i do not bother people, but i do bother cursed subtle talking critters of their own mentally diverse fields. the devils mental disease, is a lot more mentally contagious that presumed.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#184406 Aug 6, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: more of your blasphemy against, TheHOLY SPIRIT of G-D i don't presume.
Yeah, whatever. Go take your meds and stop bothering people with your delusional tripe. Do something good. Go out and help somebody if you have no meaning in your life except to post on topix and demand that people actually listen to you.
Alex WM

London, UK

#184407 Aug 6, 2013
the profit wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe, maybe not, it's hard to say for sure. But if there is one clear thing about the prophecy that the event does not meet, then that event is not the fulfillment of the prophecy. This will now be the 6th time I have explained this to you. If I have to explain this one more time, I am bailing out on this debacle. You really know how to try someone's patience and take simple matters and make them as unnecessarily complex as possible. And at the end of the day, it's going to all be for nothing. That's the worst and most annoying part part.
OMG....seeker has gone MPD!
When one name gets floored, he goes for a new one.
With seekers "many comings", the second or third coming of BJ pales into insignificance!!
lol..
Cool it seeker!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#184408 Aug 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say that I agree. I see too much support for Assad to compare him to someone like Saddam. Many of these rebels are merely looking for eventual Caliphate rule like bin Laden wanted, which has continually proven to be a stupid pipe dream in the modern world that would only through the Middle East backwards even more than it already is. The Middle East has still yet to recover from being in the dark ages after 400 years of Ottoman rule and oppression. It cracks me up to hear people in the Middle East call the US and the British oppressors, when it was the British that freed them from the Ottomans, and at least let them have their own sovereign countries. That's a heck of a lot better than anything the Ottomans did for the Middle East.

I have no idea why the US would ever get involved. Basically, no matter what they do or don't do, everybody is going to still hate them anyway. It's simply the popular and default thing to do. They helped Libya, and that meant nothing to them, they still hate the US. They helped Bosnian Muslims, and that meant nothing and it is still popular to say that the US is fighting a war against Islam and Muslims. If they get involved, they will be seen as meddlers. If they don't, they will be seen as negligent for allowing the bloodshed to continue.

So if it's always set up that the US will always be seen as wrong no matter what, they might as well save some money and their own lives and do nothing just like the Russians and Chinese always do. Grab a bag of popcorn and watch Muslims do what they do best. Muslims are never more in their glory then when they have something to fight for. It gives them purpose to their lives. Seems ingrained in the religion itself.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#184409 Aug 6, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: i do not believe in, your other g-ds.
I could care less what you believe. You are nothing more than a confused lunatic looking for a stump to give your stupid speeches from. And unfortunately, you found topix, so now everybody has to tolerate you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grid Gardens Dec 2 kingoftheamericas 2
News Saudi prince throws his weight behind archaeology Nov 18 LUKE 2
Protuberances on ancient stonework as a global ... Nov '17 cecelia hall 1
News Team excavates sod house near Iqaluit, with sit... Nov '17 Time Change Weekend 1
News Great Pyramid's previously hidden 'void' hailed... Nov '17 Time Change Weekend 1
News Mystery of human skeletons found buried at Halt... Nov '17 Time Change Weekend 1
News Scientists discover mysterious 'void' in Great ... Nov '17 NOM s Waffle House 1
More from around the web