Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256424 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#184065 Aug 1, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!
I like this witty style of yours, Rabbee
Aside to Seeker:
This is what Rabbee is good at. Enjoy that, Seeker.
rabbee: not my witty style, i just finally started paying more attention to what G-D said to me.

and it would appear that, that somebody has got him really flustered. with his alleged Hero, denouncing him that he denounces as his Hero. you know i don't think he, ever loved his jesus in the first place.

even their book of Revelation, says i am going to say some really weird and crazy all true stuff. and he does not, even believe that. and can't even understand, why their book of Revelation even says they can't even say my name. in all of their play acting, they don't even know somebody slipped em a mickey. cause their only interested in their fake name lip service, and self admiration society social club.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#184066 Aug 1, 2013
Seeker is getting to excited by Rabbee!
Take it easy seeker.
Why are Christians this excited?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#184067 Aug 1, 2013
Nir-vana

I don't think many of you guys understood this:

Nir-vana...nivana....

Nivana in one of their languages could also mean "blowing out...switching off"

Nir..without.
Vana...forest/weaving/stench/t he old treadmill of rebirth..

This is like the Escape from alcatraz!

Could death be the ultimate nirvana?

Those who escaped to the forests were going in search of Nirvana...when they apparently found Nirvana, either they were dead or they were in a state of drunken bliss!

They need to get out of the rat race..the reincarnation cycle.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#184068 Aug 1, 2013
Shammy is partly correct about Nirvana as seen by the Western seekers of "peace" using some kind of smoke from "potted" plants..lol
Remember the flower power days?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#184069 Aug 1, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't even mention anything about Jesus being God or not in my post to you, and I do not care to discuss the issue anymore. You already have been given my take on the matter in detail, multiple times. There is no need to discuss it any further.
Why do Christians get really annoyed when I ask them to produce real proof?
This is a simple request and they get very hot under the collar.
Show us where Jesus is making DIRECT claims in the first person as follows, even in John:
1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person" 7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God” 14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#184070 Aug 1, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: no! their scriptures clearly indicate, that Yoseph is not the actual father of Yeshooah. and is clear that Mereeam is only, The-Surrogate Virgin Mother of Yeshooah.
and it clearly indicates, that ONLY G-D are THE ACTUAL PARENT/S of Yeshooah as TheG-D Child. and that Yeshooah, only acquires The Her Surrogate linage of Mereeam to Daveed.
and that the linage of Yoseph is not included, in the actual linage of Yeshooah Benee Adam. in the old if your mother is a jew*, then so are you thingy.
but in the days of Avraham, there were no alleged as jewish women. so only the paternal side, determined the linage. and TheOnly Virgin birth in TheTorah ever mentioned is Adam. and the only twice coming ever mentioned in TheTorah involves This Resurrection of Adam as adam and chaooah. as the coincidence is far to uncanny similar, to not consider they and the alleged as jesus are the same persons.
Are you suggesting that your yeshooah does not have any DNA from mereeam? Oh dear oh dear!
So yeshooah was not a Jewish boy?
No wonder the Jews tried to bump him off!
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#184071 Aug 1, 2013
Who circumcised god?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#184072 Aug 1, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You just contradicted yourself. First you say that God would not think like you and I do, then you go on to say that God will not think a certain way, and therefore, we are right back to us deciding how God would or wouldn't think and right back to the assumption that God thinks like we do and that we can know how God would or wouldn't think. Why do people have such a hard time with something so basic as logic?
First off...Logic and Christians are light years apart.
I am using YOUR "logic" seeker.
You claim that your god can do whatever he/she pleases and does not think like you and I do.
Then you go on to imply that God would think a certain way by assigining divinity to Jesus.
GOd is NOT a man.
God cannot produce a biological son who has 100% human DNA!
Why do people have such a hard time with something so basic as logic or more importantly...common sense?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#184073 Aug 1, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You do know your gods'(Jesus) new name is Bill? bill-shit?
lol!
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#184074 Aug 1, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You do know your gods'(Jesus) new name is Bill? bill-shit?
lol!
If only the disciples had any brains they would have collected all that "bill-shit" and sold it on for load-a-money!

Can you imagine how the Southeby's auction would go?

The next lot 4325A is pure "bill-shit" generated 2000 years ago by mangod and it has many healing godly qualities....

Do I hear £100 million...as opening bid?
£110 million......£120million.....

Sheer picasso-rembrandt cocktail of bill-shit!
lol...
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#184075 Aug 1, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
Shammy is partly correct about Nirvana as seen by the Western seekers of "peace" using some kind of smoke from "potted" plants..lol
Remember the flower power days?
The Indian peace pipe?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#184076 Aug 1, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!
If only the disciples had any brains they would have collected all that "bill-shit" and sold it on for load-a-money!
Can you imagine how the Southeby's auction would go?
The next lot 4325A is pure "bill-shit" generated 2000 years ago by mangod and it has many healing godly qualities....
Do I hear £100 million...as opening bid?
£110 million......£120million.....
Sheer picasso-rembrandt cocktail of bill-shit!
lol...
That says a lot about your mentality, not that I didn't already know it, but others can see it, not that they will get it.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#184077 Aug 1, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well you hold onto that thought, and $2.50 will still only get you a cup of coffee.
Okay, thanks for your infintite wisdom.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#184078 Aug 1, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
First off...Logic and Christians are light years apart.
I am using YOUR "logic" seeker.
You honestly must be joking. Look, I actually got another contract job, and I am only still wasting time here because when I am reviewing all of the details that I need to review before I start the job, it fills my mind up too much because it is so complicated, so I come on here for light thinking entertainment and a mental break. Maybe I should ask rabbee for all of the answer for my code that I have to write. LOL!!!
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim that your god can do whatever he/she pleases and does not think like you and I do.
Then you go on to imply that God would think a certain way by assigining divinity to Jesus.
I don't think that's what God WOULD do, I think that it is what God DID do, for whatever reason. But then again, you already know that I do not take the divinity clause literally. I do not think that God abandoned heaven to come down on earth and live as a human. I explained to you what I think, and I know that you remember what I said. You just didn't like my idea because it doesn't fit into your box, but I have explained it numerous times and I am not going to explain it again. I KNOW that you remember it at this point for how many times I have explained it, so I am not going to play silly little repeat games and go into circular reasoning where we keep ending up back at the same point again that I have already explained numerous times. If you don't agree with my take on it, then fine. But stop revisiting things that have already been explained to you. Stop wasting out time.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#184079 Aug 1, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: not my witty style, i just finally started paying more attention to what G-D said to me.
and it would appear that, that somebody has got him really flustered. with his alleged Hero, denouncing him that he denounces as his Hero. you know i don't think he, ever loved his jesus in the first place.
You've been flustered from day one because not one single person takes you seriously. And they SHOULDN'T.
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
even their book of Revelation, says i am going to say some really weird and crazy all true stuff. and he does not, even believe that.]/QUOTE]

Quote some specific verses and relate them to you or shut up.

[QUOTE who="yehoshooah adam"]<quoted text>
and can't even understand, why their book of Revelation even says they can't even say my name.
I can say YOUR name. It's Jimmie C Roswell. Yes, I meant the Roswell portion.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#184081 Aug 1, 2013
"Michele Catalano was looking for information online about pressure cookers. Her husband, in the same time frame, was Googling backpacks. Wednesday morning, six men from a joint terrorism task force showed up at their house to see if they were terrorists. Which begs the question: How'd the government know what they were Googling?"

"Catalano (who is a professional writer) describes the tension of that visit.

[T]hey were peppering my husband with questions. Where is he from? Where are his parents from? They asked about me, where was I, where do I work, where do my parents live. Do you have any bombs, they asked. Do you own a pressure cooker? My husband said no, but we have a rice cooker. Can you make a bomb with that? My husband said no, my wife uses it to make quinoa. What the hell is quinoa, they asked....
Have you ever looked up how to make a pressure cooker bomb? My husband, ever the oppositional kind, asked them if they themselves weren’t curious as to how a pressure cooker bomb works, if they ever looked it up. Two of them admitted they did."

http://news.yahoo.com/google-pressure-cookers...

JFK warned YOU.

El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#184082 Aug 1, 2013
Qur'an 4:157-158 And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain. Rather, Allah raised him to Himself. And ever is Allah Exalted in Might and Wise."

One major problem here is that "Allah" is presented as a deceiver of everyone involved in the "supposed" crucifixion of Jesus, assuming, of course, that "Allah" pulled off the switcheroo. The Romans, the Jews, the disciples, even Mary, the mother of Jesus -ALL were deceived by "Allah." Why?

Another problem here is that "rescued" Jesus -according to the Qur'an- NEVER tells his disciples or even his own mother that he is still alive, and that some poor schmuck got killed in his place, which means that Mary helped to bury a stranger that she thought was her son, c/o "Allah's" deception, while Jesus went along with it. Again, why?

Yet another problem, and the greatest, IMO, is that Muhammad's "revelation" via "Jibreel," makes Jesus a liar. In the Gospel record Jesus prophesied his own death and resurrection, but Muhammad denied that these fundamental truths of Christianity even occurred. Of course, Muslims argue that Christians corrupted their texts, that is, they INVENTED their religion, but it is far more likely that a six-centuries-removed pagan Arab got it wrong.

Again, Muhammad could easily have discovered what orthodox Christianity actually believed and taught -the Canon had been established centuries earlier- but he didn't care enough to fact check anything, not that it would have changed anything regarding his PERFECT REVELATION VIA "JIBREEL."

I've presented the above reflections to Muslims, and the reply has invariably been that their "prophet" -the last and best ever- could not possibly have been deceived or misinformed. After all, "Allah" would never have allowed it!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#184083 Aug 1, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
Who circumcised god?
His heart was always pure and so there was and is no need to circumcise the foreskin of His Heart.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#184084 Aug 1, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, dear HughBe.
Please take good care of the young lad.
Good night
Rest well, BMZ. I shall never give up on Joel. I shall not stop until a beautiful young lady works on him.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#184085 Aug 1, 2013
El Cid wrote:
Qur'an 4:157-158 And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain. Rather, Allah raised him to Himself. And ever is Allah Exalted in Might and Wise."
One major problem here is that "Allah" is presented as a deceiver of everyone involved in the "supposed" crucifixion of Jesus, assuming, of course, that "Allah" pulled off the switcheroo. The Romans, the Jews, the disciples, even Mary, the mother of Jesus -ALL were deceived by "Allah." Why?
Another problem here is that "rescued" Jesus -according to the Qur'an- NEVER tells his disciples or even his own mother that he is still alive, and that some poor schmuck got killed in his place, which means that Mary helped to bury a stranger that she thought was her son, c/o "Allah's" deception, while Jesus went along with it. Again, why?
Yet another problem, and the greatest, IMO, is that Muhammad's "revelation" via "Jibreel," makes Jesus a liar. In the Gospel record Jesus prophesied his own death and resurrection, but Muhammad denied that these fundamental truths of Christianity even occurred. Of course, Muslims argue that Christians corrupted their texts, that is, they INVENTED their religion, but it is far more likely that a six-centuries-removed pagan Arab got it wrong.
Again, Muhammad could easily have discovered what orthodox Christianity actually believed and taught -the Canon had been established centuries earlier- but he didn't care enough to fact check anything, not that it would have changed anything regarding his PERFECT REVELATION VIA "JIBREEL."
I've presented the above reflections to Muslims, and the reply has invariably been that their "prophet" -the last and best ever- could not possibly have been deceived or misinformed. After all, "Allah" would never have allowed it!
Sincere question, how are you Buford?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Peru seeks dog breed status for ancient llama h... (Sep '06) May 11 Parden Pard 3
News Ancient artifacts seized from Hobby Lobby retur... May 2 WarForOil 2
An Exceptional Discovery-Unearthed Child at Pom... Apr 30 Jeff 5
News Archaeologists find ancient mass child sacrific... Apr 30 Poster Child for ... 1
News Experts unite to condemn plans for road tunnel ... Apr 23 TheNi6htTrain 1
News Florida beachgoers discover 'holy grail of ship... Apr '18 Vicki 1
News Mystery rock is 330,000 years old and proves an... Feb '18 Chris 1