Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 248396 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#183969 Jul 31, 2013
typo - It's opposite is anirvana which HAS a dual meaning - below or above nirvana.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#183970 Jul 31, 2013
TYPO:

Reincarnation continues UNTIL gross material instincts DOMINATE THE PSYCHIC but with its (PSYCHIC'S) effulgence and ascension into the higher planes, it loses that affinity for matter and as such it attains to its native degree of freedom and then it simply remains in a state of stato-dynamic equilibrium and on quitting the body it draws itself out of the lower causation and henceforth there's no compulsory devolution into matter from a state of disembodiment.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#183971 Jul 31, 2013
david wrote:
and god saw the light that it was good. and god dvided the light from the darkness.
Why did your Creator God call certain things GOOD and label certain other things BAD when it's obvious that GOOD and BAD, in most ways, have superficial meanings and keep changing with circumstances and degree of evolution of consciousness?

Can you name a few GOOD things prescribed by your Creator God?

Can you list a few BAD things that your Creator God warned you against?

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#183972 Jul 31, 2013
Buford (El Cid) is drunk having downed a bottle of cheap moonshine and is sitting in his bedroom in a torn pair of crotchless knickers as he, a menial worker - an assistant carpenter - slaving his bulging rear in a tiny loss-making shop, can't afford anything better. This homo is brooding about the days he spent in the catholic seminary learning hogwash, cringing when he remembers the day he was caught by the bishop having sex with a boy in the seminary, red in the face when he recalls how he was kicked out of the priesthood. Poor fellow.

(smiles)

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#183973 Jul 31, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well i hate to tell you this bmz, but seeker is much more correct than you.
since previously in Shofteem, previously to your discussion it states: "A Prophet from your midst, from your brethern, like ME shall HaShem, your G-D, establish for you - to Him shall you harken".
and there is no other person in all of Ysraelee History that can fit that "like ME" description of G-D other than Yeshooah Adam. but still verifies my point, that THE OUR IMAGE of Yeshooah Adam is Ye-Hoo V-Hee (YHVH).
Let me tell you something which you do not know, Rabbee.

You are living inside theTorah. That is why you cannot read it. How can a bookworm read what is written in thePages of theTorah?

In order to be able to read and understand, you have to have theTorah before you. So, you have to crawl out and read. Only then you will know that Moses did not just bring out only the Hebrews. There were many others from various tribes. Those were all Hebrew slaves and descendants of Hebrews, not just Israelite slaves.

This is a fact, which no one can deny! Not even G_d and theYou in theTorah in theGanEden, my dear Rabbee.

bmz

Singapore

#183974 Jul 31, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
typo - It's opposite is anirvana which HAS a dual meaning - below or above nirvana.
That is incorrect, Joel.

Nirvana is considered ultimate bliss. Everything else has to be below Nirvana.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#183975 Jul 31, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
It's too complicated. I like simple things. But thanks again for expressing yourself.

Location hidden

#183976 Jul 31, 2013
The way I understand it, some groups of Buddhism believe that existence stops when one achieves Nirvana.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183977 Jul 31, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me tell you something which you do not know, Rabbee.
You are living inside theTorah. That is why you cannot read it. How can a bookworm read what is written in thePages of theTorah?
In order to be able to read and understand, you have to have theTorah before you. So, you have to crawl out and read. Only then you will know that Moses did not just bring out only the Hebrews. There were many others from various tribes. Those were all Hebrew slaves and descendants of Hebrews, not just Israelite slaves.
This is a fact, which no one can deny! Not even G_d and theYou in theTorah in theGanEden, my dear Rabbee.
rabbee: then you new testament, new world gnostic mentality is false. i am here in The-Story, called TheTorah from G-D. the only difference between you and i, i do not deny being here in IT or TheG-D making it all actually happen again. TheTorah is not, just a book. but is the story from G-D, we are all here living in now.

and Ysrael did not exist then, so how can you call anyone as Ysraelites then. and yes i know the story about the multitudes, that left egypt. and also there is no such word as Hebrews in TheActual Torah. so you are lying to me, with your false witness.

and i am pissed, because i am not in GanEden now. because of all of you and the grandmother of this whole world again.

you can see my name in TheTorah, but you can also see that i am actually here in IT again too. TheTorah is the actual word of G-D, and i do not dismiss it as easily as you do. with your new testament delusions, of not being here in IT.

you can only mentally avoid, being here in TheTorah. but that false mental free will, does not physically excuse you from being actually here in IT from G-D.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#183978 Jul 31, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Nirvana is not bliss. It's a special condition of consciousness. Pure Bliss is a plane of consciousness by itself that is higher than even the supermind in the cosmic hierarchy. The cosmic bliss permeates or infiltrates the lower planes but in the process gets modified or constricted by the inferior movements of the lower planes. In matter, the infiltrated bliss is almost completely smothered and can rarely be felt. Happiness, delight or joy is a highly distorted form of bliss that's almost totally reliant on sensual pleasures and egoism of the mind-in-vital kind.
You are talking bull-shit Joe!
Nirvana is a state of insanity being without a moral conscience.

The Buddha described Nirvana as the ultimate goal, and he reached that state during his enlightenment. At this point, he chose to teach others so that they might also experience this realisation, and so when he died, forty-five years later, he then passed through pari nirvana, meaning completed nirvana.

Nirvana literally means extinguishing or unbinding. The implication is that it is freedom from what ever binds you, from the burning passion of desire, jealousy, and ignorance. Once these are totally overcome, a state of bliss is achieved, and there is no longer the need the cycle of birth and death. All karmic debts are settled.

The Buddha refused to be drawn on what occurred then, but implied that it was beyond word and without boundaries. Certainly, he saw it in a much different state than our current existence, and not a simple parallel to the process of individual rebirth.

Freedom from moral conscientiousness is insanity.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#183979 Jul 31, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

That is incorrect, Joel.

Nirvana is considered ultimate bliss.

Everything else has to be below Nirvana.
That's incorrect.

The state of nirvana simply reaches up to the mind plane....

There exist dozens of planes of cosmic consciousness that exceed the mind plane.

To attain to the Cosmic Bliss, the yogi will has to ascend via a series of deeper and still deeper trances that take his awakened psychic beyond the force fields of the body and cause it to rise above the head into the superior consciousness-force fields beginning from Intuition Mind, Overmind, Supermind and others where these exist in their native dimensions. The Pure Bliss is the 19th to the 21st planes in the cosmic hierarchy. Beyond the Pure Bliss commence the planes of the supracosmic realms and so on....

Stasis, of which there are several gradations, is far superior to the trance states (220 odd kinds of trances) and it (stasis) comes into play when the yogi wishes to permanently establish his psychic in the plane that it has united with.....

Nirvana is not a union in consciousness of the psychic with the mind or with any other plane.....it's a specific poise of consciousness sans the union in consciousness of the subject with the object.

And more.....
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#183980 Jul 31, 2013
QUESTION:

What is nirvana?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#183981 Jul 31, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
That's incorrect.
There exist dozens of planes of cosmic consciousness that exceed the mind plane.
To attain to the Cosmic Bliss, the yogi will has to ascend via a series of deeper and still deeper trances that take his awakened psychic beyond the force fields of the body and cause it to rise above the head into the superior consciousness-force fields beginning from Intuition Mind, Overmind, Supermind and others where these exist in their native dimensions. The Pure Bliss is the 19th to the 21st planes in the cosmic hierarchy. Beyond the Pure Bliss commence the planes of the supracosmic realms and so on....
Stasis, of which there are several gradations, is far superior to the trance states (220 odd kinds of trances) and it (stasis) comes into play when the yogi wishes to permanently establish his psychic in the plane that it has united with.....
Nirvana is not a union in consciousness of the psychic with the mind or with any other plane.....it's a specific poise of consciousness sans the union in consciousness of the subject with the object.
And more.....

The Buddha described Nirvana as the ultimate goal, and he reached that state during his enlightenment. At this point, he chose to teach others so that they might also experience this realisation, and so when he died, forty-five years later, he then passed through pari nirvana, meaning completed nirvana.

Nirvana literally means extinguishing or unbinding. The implication is that it is freedom from what ever binds you, from the burning passion of desire, jealousy, and ignorance. Once these are totally overcome, a state of bliss is achieved, and there is no longer the need the cycle of birth and death. All karmic debts are settled.

The Buddha refused to be drawn on what occurred then, but implied that it was beyond word and without boundaries. Certainly, he saw it in a much different state than our current existence, and not a simple parallel to the process of individual rebirth.

Buddha reached a state of nothingness.
He roamed his mind in a dream state and found nothingness to be the freedom from realization.

Location hidden

#183982 Jul 31, 2013
Joel: "Nirvana is not a union in consciousness of the psychic with the mind or with any other plane.....it's a specific poise of consciousness sans the union in consciousness of the subject with the object.
And more....."

Me: Since it seems apparent that some Buddhists believe that Nirvana is the ultimate state to which a reincarnated individual attains of non-existence, whatever does "consciousness sans the union in consciousness of the subject with the object" mean? Nothingness? Or -- consciousness sans the union in consciousness of the subject with the object? Doesn't sound like much fun to me. In fact, it doesn't sound like something I would like to achieve.:-) Although the idea of being a good person is something I like and attain to getting better at in my lifetime, not a reincarnated lifetime. I do agree that your idea of good may conflict with others' ideas of good(ness). But again -- if a child is "good," do you know it? Also, would a yogi in the midst of a trance and/or state of deep TM be able to perform any actions at all outside of his space? For instance, if needed, could he emerge quickly from his trance-like state, and rush to rescue a child that wandered into the street and which a truck is about to hit? If so, would you consider that to be a good action?

But back to good from God, the Creator. Genesis 2:3,4 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.

So the light that God made shine on the earth was considered as good by God.

bmz

Singapore

#183983 Jul 31, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>

Quote of the day by Insane Shamma:

"Nirvana is a state of insanity being without a moral conscience."

Classic!

bmz

Singapore

#183984 Jul 31, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
That's incorrect.

And more.....
Glad you used the word "Bliss".

That is what simply Nirvana is. Now, please do not go into 'Supra Bliss, Infra Bliss, Super Bliss or Over Bliss or Pure Bliss'. Keep it short, simple and easy to understand.

bmz

Singapore

#183985 Jul 31, 2013
JOEL wrote:
QUESTION:
What is nirvana?
Bliss!

Location hidden

#183986 Jul 31, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddha reached a state of nothingness.
He roamed his mind in a dream state and found nothingness to be the freedom from realization.
Exactly how did he achieve a state of nothingness while he was alive? It sounds like a self-induced coma to me. And is nothingness something to be desired? Life is the object, not nothingness. It seems impossible that a person can achieve nothingness while alive. Well, that is not taking into account that some persons are dead though alive, so perhaps that is what is meant by living nothingness? Or non-existent bliss? When a person is truly dead-dead, they probably won't know it.:-)

bmz

Singapore

#183987 Jul 31, 2013
Shamma wrote:

Joel is not talking Bull Shit. He is talking about a very serious subject, which has nothing to do with religion or Abrahamic religions.

He is talking about Nirvana, which in your extremely absurd view, is a state of insanity being without a moral conscience. How did you manage to come up with that absurd statement?

Hint: Why did people like Monks, Sufis, Yogis and others leave the world and went into jungles and mountains?

bmz

Singapore

#183988 Jul 31, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: then you new testament, new world gnostic mentality is false. i am here in The-Story, called TheTorah from G-D. the only difference between you and i, i do not deny being here in IT or TheG-D making it all actually happen again. TheTorah is not, just a book. but is the story from G-D, we are all here living in now.

and Ysrael did not exist then, so how can you call anyone as Ysraelites then. and yes i know the story about the multitudes, that left egypt. and also there is no such word as Hebrews in TheActual Torah. so you are lying to me, with your false witness.

and i am pissed, because i am not in GanEden now. because of all of you and the grandmother of this whole world again.

you can see my name in TheTorah, but you can also see that i am actually here in IT again too. TheTorah is the actual word of G-D, and i do not dismiss it as easily as you do. with your new testament delusions, of not being here in IT.
you can only mentally avoid, being here in TheTorah. but that false mental free will, does not physically excuse you from being actually here in IT from G-D.
Rabbee,

You wrote: "and Ysrael did not exist then, so how can you call anyone as Ysraelites then."

That was my point, Rabbee.

I don't know what the exact word is written in the Torah. So, I used the word Hebrews, the followers of the way of Abraham, Ishmael, Issac, Esau, Jacob and Joseph.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Giant sphere sparks debate Apr 15 Phyllis Schlafly ... 1
News Did Islam reach France 1,300 years ago? DNA and... Apr 10 Muslim Bounty Hunter 19
News Send in the archaeologists to help restore Palm... Mar '16 Ostreology 1
Stunning 2200-Year-Old Mosaics Discovered in An... Mar '16 west38 1
Identity Through Architecture & Arts (ITAA) Mar '16 moabdallah 1
News The 'first four' and their fight from slavery t... Mar '16 White and Right 1
News ScienceDiscovery of female bones at Stonehenge ... Feb '16 Ray 1
More from around the web