Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 228192 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183918 Jul 31, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
On this, I cannot sit on the fence.
Deut 18:18 is definitely not about Jesus. Jesus does not fit the description at all in Deut 18:18, so you will have to look for him somewhere else.
Another point, Seeker. The Jews were waiting for a messiah, not a prophet. Also, the Jews were not present at the Mount.
If Jesus were that prophet, then he was definitely not the messiah at all.
This is an example of logical reasoning. Tell me why Christians cannot think logically?
Jesus cannot be everything. Right?
rabbee: well i hate to tell you this bmz, but seeker is much more correct than you.

since previously in Shofteem, previously to your discussion it states: "A Prophet from your midst, from your brethern, like ME shall HaShem, your G-D, establish for you - to Him shall you harken".

and there is no other person in all of Ysraelee History that can fit that "like ME" description of G-D other than Yeshooah Adam. but still verifies my point, that THE OUR IMAGE of Yeshooah Adam is Ye-Hoo V-Hee (YHVH).

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#183919 Jul 31, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me, who did I call bad.
I use a very different set of criteria when compared to ordinary or scriptural notions of the same in arriving at such conclusions.
You said Krishna was bad. I do not know Krishna. But then you asked if Muhammad and Moses were as bad or worse than Krishna? My question is, how would you know what is good or bad? Do you set the standards? But I see this is getting to be pointless (too abstruse) because clearly you are looking at things from yourself as well as the promptings of your mentors, and that is all right, but it is not my way of life, because I believe as humans we do not set the standards for good and bad, as there is a Creator who differentiates for us what is good or bad. I did not ask you WHY you think Krishna was bad, I asked you from what vantage point do you set the standard. Thank you.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183920 Jul 31, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus was neither a messiah, nor a prophet. He was never accepted and anointed as king of Israel. Messiah means anointed one. He was not a prophet either, what he prophesied did not come to pass. The test of a prophet is if what he says comes to pass.
rabbee: messiah's are not anointed by the world, they are anointed by G-D.

and i am sorry but They were too, appointed as King and the inobvious Queen of Ysrael by the alleged as pontius pilate, who had the power and authority to do so.

and the punishment for being a false prophet, is stoning to death. and that did not happen, the way they wanted either. conclusion is that They, were not false prophets.

if you try to stone a true prophet to death, and you can't do it. then you are, the false prophet. if they die any other way, besides stoning to death. then you have just murdered, a true prophet of G-D.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#183921 Jul 31, 2013
KRISHNA WAS SUPERIOR TO THE BUDDHA YET HE FAILED:

1) I used the word "bad" for Krishna since BMZ used it to describe Krishna and he also said that Buddha was "good".

2) Of course, I clarified that remark in the same and other posts by stating that Krishna committed serious errors despite being an incarnation of a higher plane (the overmind) than the Buddha (a manifestation of the Illumined Mind Plane.

3) Krishna'a superior overmental consciousness was not supported by superior ancestral genes and so his superior overmental consciousness got influenced by the degradations of the Lower Vital and as such he was responsible for the murder of millions of his opponents when the matter could have been settled through flexible negotiations or better still Krishna could have employed his superior overmental consciousness-force to penetrate and dissolve or calm down the adverse vital beings who were inciting his possessed opponents to defy Krishna and commit injustice against Krishna and his people.

4) Buddha had better ancestral genes and so his Illumined Mind consciousness manifested in matter via his parents could withstand the forays of the Lower Vital consciousness-force and as such he stayed true to the lofty laws and sublime phenomena of the plane of his origin - the Illumined Mind.

5) There's nothing like good or bad per se.

6) The context, circumstances and degree of consciousness determine the action and the outcome of an event.

7) Good and bad are superficial and often erroneous judgmental positions of the lower planes of consciousness.
david

Minneapolis, MN

#183922 Jul 31, 2013
and the earth was waste and void ( obviously he just created it . lol ) and darkness was upon the face of the deep ? haaa ? and the spirt of god moved upon the waters . okaaay

BY WHITCH CAME FIRST OF THE DEED OF GOD , HE SKYED AND HE EATHED

BUT THE EARTH Did not alow SEEing . It became a needer of dark and a needer of light and the water a needr of the soul (wind ,spirt) of god.

Location hidden

#183923 Jul 31, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
KRISHNA WAS SUPERIOR TO THE BUDDHA YET HE FAILED:
If you are going to posit something, you should also provide the proof. OTHERWISE, it is your assertion without proof. Of course, I am a newbie to this discussion, so I do not know all that has gone before. You can elevate my consciousness? by explaining. Meantime, I will question you, but I do not believe that going into a trance will help me know what you're saying. So if you care to explain, fine. if not, also OK, but as of yet you have not defined where you're getting your idea of why these persons might be good or bad or relative to each other in badness? It seems those are your terms. And again, going into a state of oblivion (those are my terms) or inactivity within or from one's person as if in a long or short-term trance, does not seem to me that individual can extend himself to others that may be in need while he is in that state. Perhaps I am wrong and you can show proof where some yogi was in a trance and suddenly came to activity with motion in order to rescue someone in dire need within his reach. Perhaps you believe a higher state of consciousness would enable that person to rouse himself to go to that illustrative child in need?
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
1) I used the word "bad" for Krishna since BMZ used it to describe Krishna and he also said that Buddha was "good".
2) Of course, I clarified that remark in the same and other posts by stating that Krishna committed serious errors despite being an incarnation of a higher plane (the overmind) than the Buddha (a manifestation of the Illumined Mind Plane.
Do you have any verifiable proof that he was an incarnation of a higher plane?
I'll stop there.

Location hidden

#183924 Jul 31, 2013
david wrote:
and the earth was waste and void ( obviously he just created it . lol ) and darkness was upon the face of the deep ? haaa ? and the spirt of god moved upon the waters . okaaay
BY WHITCH CAME FIRST OF THE DEED OF GOD , HE SKYED AND HE EATHED
BUT THE EARTH Did not alow SEEing . It became a needer of dark and a needer of light and the water a needr of the soul (wind ,spirt) of god.
Why is it obvious that the earth had just been created if the Bible says it was waste and void?

Location hidden

#183925 Jul 31, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>

Do you have any verifiable proof that he was an incarnation of a higher plane?
What kind of proof are you looking for that would establish the superiority of Krisha, in terms of consciousness, when compared to the Buddha?

Location hidden

#183926 Jul 31, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>

I believe as humans we do not set the standards for good and bad, as there is a Creator who differentiates for us what is good or bad.
What exactly do you mean by a Creator?

Where is he/she/it/that?

How does this so-called Creator create?
david

Minneapolis, MN

#183927 Jul 31, 2013
correction
eathed= earthed

first sentance of the book of geneses , starts with god , deed rimes with earth and the entire sentance composes of 7+7+7=21letters.

the secound , light rhimes with water . why because I said so , I like to make sht up.

Location hidden

#183928 Jul 31, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>

I do not believe that going into a trance will help me know what you're saying.
How do you know trance cannot help you when you've never been in a trance?

What about stasis?

What do you know about the subjective and objective sides and mechanisms of trance states?

Have you ever experienced a trance?

Location hidden

#183929 Jul 31, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>

Nirvana is a state of nothingness, more or less.:-)?
Is that the meaning of nirvana? LOL.

What do you mean by nothingness?

Can nothing exist? How? Why?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#183930 Jul 31, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>Why is it obvious that the earth had just been created if the Bible says it was waste and void?
An important question and much more than that an obvious question.

Was nothing or a non-existent earth waste and void?

How is that possible?
david

Minneapolis, MN

#183931 Jul 31, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>Why is it obvious that the earth had just been created if the Bible says it was waste and void?
I dont know . i am just making it up . because its not obvious that this sentance comes right after a sentance informing you what was first created. and its not at all questionable at all that water apears mysteriously even though the earth was wast and void .

Location hidden

#183932 Jul 31, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>

Do you believe in reincarnation?
What prevents reincarnation from being a logical, experiential and empirical fact of existence?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183933 Jul 31, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
On this, I cannot sit on the fence.
Deut 18:18 is definitely not about Jesus. Jesus does not fit the description at all in Deut 18:18, so you will have to look for him somewhere else.
Another point, Seeker. The Jews were waiting for a messiah, not a prophet. Also, the Jews were not present at the Mount.
If Jesus were that prophet, then he was definitely not the messiah at all.
This is an example of logical reasoning. Tell me why Christians cannot think logically?
Jesus cannot be everything. Right?
Interesting, bro.
I am have been following the exchanges from time to time.
A very obvious point needs emphasising.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Jesus to Christians is simply "god". period.
How on earth can "god" be a prophet?
How on earth can "god" be like Moses.
Even Jesus the man was VERY unlike Moses.

Since the time of Moses and Jesus we have seen only ONE Prophet of real worth, credibility and large following and who proclaims the monotheistic message glorifying praising the Lord God of everything created including Adam and co.
I wonder who that Prophet is!

Why are the non Hebrew Gentiles blindly rejecting Ishmaelites and Israelites as brethren?
What right have they got?
Who told the non Hebrew Gentiles that they have anything at all to do with the family of Abraham?
This is comical.
Salaams, Alex WM
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183934 Jul 31, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
What prevents reincarnation from being a logical, experiential and empirical fact of existence?
Prove to us properly that there exists a person who has been re-incarnated.
Not a sausage is out there, Joel.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#183935 Jul 31, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>
Since we are discussing these things, I see no benefit to be in that state. Obviously you do. I see a benefit to understanding the standards of what constitutes good and bad and attempting to live by the set standard as one sees it, of what is good and not what is bad. TM does not make the grade with me. I prefer living. Do you believe in reincarnation?
<quoted text>
I have little understanding and no experience except from what I've read about this, and I do not attempt to recede (my terminology) into a state of transcendental meditation with the proviso to overcome all sentient thoughts and desires.
<quoted text>
OK, no problem. However, from what I've gleaned from reading, Nirvana is a state of complete nothingness (life, if you call it, devoid of any feeling?) and that is not my idea of happiness, nor does it equate with anything to do with bliss as I see it. The more that I think about this, the attempt to get into a state of transcendence as if nothing matters, is beginning to sound very selfish to me. I would assume that a person who is highly into TM would try to help a child get out of the way of an oncoming truck. Thank you for expressing your thoughts.
Nirvana is the Buddhist name for heaven. They also believe in reincarnation which I know is a fact. If there is an incarnation, there can also be reincarnation.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183936 Jul 31, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know trance cannot help you when you've never been in a trance?
What about stasis?
What do you know about the subjective and objective sides and mechanisms of trance states?
Have you ever experienced a trance?
When you last experienced trance, your evil master took you for a ride! He "screwed" you, right?
Instead of coming out with a load of "buzz words", find a woman, get married and start living on planet earth, Joel.
(smiles)
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#183937 Jul 31, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Nirvana is the Buddhist name for heaven. They also believe in reincarnation which I know is a fact. If there is an incarnation, there can also be reincarnation.
SusanB--- If there is an incarnation, there can also be reincarnation

HughBe--- I take it that if there is such a thing as a BIRTH then there can also be a REBIRTH.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
need info on a artifact I found Jul 20 neyney 1
News Archaeology and Mormonism (Jun '07) Jul 17 Barnsweb 104
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Jul 15 Tui_Tonga 1,973
'Skulls, Shamans and Sacrifice in Stone Age Bri... Jul 13 Dave 1
Are 2 Million People Really Buried In 74 Graves? Jul 12 Candy 1
News From riches to ruins: Ancient Greeks 'stored mi... Jul 1 SpaceBlues 1
News Mummified Remains Found in Indiana Jun 29 wichita-rick 6
More from around the web