Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256284 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#183942 Jul 31, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
SusanB--- If there is an incarnation, there can also be reincarnation
HughBe--- I take it that if there is such a thing as a BIRTH then there can also be a REBIRTH.
Rebirth is spiritual, when we enter the family of God and/or receive the Holy Spirit.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#183943 Jul 31, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
What're the logical arguments against reincarnation?
There are several well-documented cases studied by psychologists when a person - even as young as 4 - accurately recalls incidents of persons, places, events, personal details/habits of himself or of his family members in the previous round and minute details of professional life without being to the place in person in the present life which are later verified by experts as true. during hypnosis, monolingual people are known to speak foreign languages or even very ancient languages fluently without being exposed to these languages in the present existence.
So, what're the logical arguments against reincarnation?
Before we come to the logic or illogic of reincarnation as the case may be, let me ask you a question - what is death and what happens to the matter, energy and consciousness when the body stops functioning (dies)?
Ecclesiastes 12:7 "Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was; and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it".
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183944 Jul 31, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Nirvana is the Buddhist name for heaven. They also believe in reincarnation which I know is a fact. If there is an incarnation, there can also be reincarnation.
Nir-vana...nivana....
Nivana in one of their languages could mean blowing out...switched off

Nir..without...
Vana...forest/weaving/stench/t he old treadmill of rebirth..
Akin to...Escape from alcatraz!
Could death be the ultimate nirvana?
Now how does it link to self actualization...?
That is another story...
lol...
david

Minneapolis, MN

#183945 Jul 31, 2013
and god said let there be light and there was light.

I dont like it . it dont go with the 2 first sentences.

SO GOD ORDERD SO THERE WOULD BE LIGHT . AND THERE WAS LIGHT .

because the earth was in need of it. darkness is light and light is darkness. darkness is light for a bat the way light is light for humans . creatures are in need of the two light.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#183946 Jul 31, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Heaven is a subtle plane of consciousness supported by its innate energy field.
Nirvana is a special condition of consciousness that is experienced by the sage while in the body on earth....
So, what is nirvana?
Is it trance? No.
Is it reincarnation? No.
Is it metempsychosis?
Is it the anima siddhi? No.
Is it stasis which is a still deeper condition of consciousness-force? No.
Is it an OBE? No.
Is it an NDE? No.
Is it a deep contemplative state? No.
Is it forgetfulness? No.
Is it nothingness? No.
Then what is it?
Ask a Buddhist, I'm not a Buddhist. I believe in heaven.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#183947 Jul 31, 2013
CouldThisBeTrue wrote:
<quoted text>

There is a Creator who differentiates for us what is good or bad.
Can you name a few of the good things and a couple of the bad things that your Creator God has prescribed?

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#183948 Jul 31, 2013
QUESTION:

What is nirvana?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183949 Jul 31, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The Jewish Messiah is the savior of the world. Isaiah 49:6 "...I will also give you for a light to the Gentiles, that you may be my salvation unto the end of the earth".
This is from Jewish Tanach:
Yeshayahu 49.6. And He said, "It is too light for you to be My servant, to establish the tribes of Jacob and to bring back the besieged of Israel, but I will make you a light of NATIONS, so that My salvation shall be until the end of the earth."

Quite interesting how different people view the verses differently.

I personally believe that God is the savior and God is neither Jew nor Gentile.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183950 Jul 31, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
QUESTION:
What is nirvana?
You can answer.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183951 Jul 31, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
What're the logical arguments against reincarnation?
There are several well-documented cases studied by psychologists when a person - even as young as 4 - accurately recalls incidents of persons, places, events, personal details/habits of himself or of his family members in the previous round and minute details of professional life without being to the place in person in the present life which are later verified by experts as true. during hypnosis, monolingual people are known to speak foreign languages or even very ancient languages fluently without being exposed to these languages in the present existence.
So, what're the logical arguments against reincarnation?
Before we come to the logic or illogic of reincarnation as the case may be, let me ask you a question - what is death and what happens to the matter, energy and consciousness when the body stops functioning (dies)?
Every "well documented" claim has huge holes in it.
Can you give us full details with full proof of a few people.
I am sure you know how regression can induce all sorts of reactions.
david

Minneapolis, MN

#183952 Jul 31, 2013
and god saw the light that it was good. and god dvided the light from the darkness.

and god saw the light to stay then god split the center of light and the center of darkness.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#183953 Jul 31, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Rebirth is spiritual, when we enter the family of God and/or receive the Holy Spirit.

HughBe--- I take it that if there is such a thing as a BIRTH then there can also be a REBIRTH.

SusanB---Rebirth is spiritual, when we enter the family of God and/or receive the Holy Spirit

HughBe--- So is reincarnation, it is spiritual.
david

Minneapolis, MN

#183954 Jul 31, 2013
and god called the light day. and the darkness he called night . and there was evening and there was morning one day .

and to the light god named it day and to the darkness night. and when came the night it was day # 1.

peace and love to all. and dont forget I made it all up
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#183955 Jul 31, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is from Jewish Tanach:
Yeshayahu 49.6. And He said, "It is too light for you to be My servant, to establish the tribes of Jacob and to bring back the besieged of Israel, but I will make you a light of NATIONS, so that My salvation shall be until the end of the earth."
Quite interesting how different people view the verses differently.
I personally believe that God is the savior and God is neither Jew nor Gentile.
You're correct Alex, God is both. She is ethnically Israeli (not Jewish) but is Jewish by faith. She would be considered a converted Gentile.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#183956 Jul 31, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
SusanB---Rebirth is spiritual, when we enter the family of God and/or receive the Holy Spirit
The root word, carnal means "of the flesh" Reincarnation is physical. Your spirit inhabits another soul (body).

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#183957 Jul 31, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>There are seven people that I know of that have been reincarnated. Elijah, Gabriel, Michael, David, and Deborah the judge. On the side of the enemy, Adam and Jesus.
re·in·car·na·tion
[ree-in-kahr-ney-shuhn] Show IPA

noun
the belief that the soul, upon death of the body, comes back to earth in another body or form.
Could be in the form of an animal,insect,or tree etc..
A continued process through out eternity.
Which means no one knows who or what they are.
LOL!
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#183958 Jul 31, 2013
JOWL THUMBS UP HIS ALMOST SUPRAMENTALIZED ASS,

Tell us all about the thousands of Adam/Eve pairs -genetically distinct, naturally- that or who materialized out of the cosmic ether in the distant past, and from whom we are all descended, presumably. Who or What ordered and coordinated this humanoid invasion of planet earth, and why? Also, prove your argument if you can, please.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#183959 Jul 31, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The root word, carnal means "of the flesh" Reincarnation is physical. Your spirit inhabits another soul (body).

SusanB--... Reincarnation is physical.....

HughBe--- Birth is also physical e.g. your BIRTH.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#183960 Jul 31, 2013
Reincarnation continues gross material instincts but with its effulgence and ascension into the higher planes it loses that affinity for matter and as such it attains to its native degree of freedom and then it simply remains in a state of stato-dynamic equilibrium and on quitting the body it draws itself out of the lower causation and henceforth there's no compulsory devolution into matter from a state of disembodiment. The awakened psychic simply remains merged in the psychic plane or if it has successfully united in consciousness with any of the other higher planes it then remains merged in that plane. If at all the awakened psychic seeks to further its evolution, it may descend once again on to the plane of matter and be born into a family where the ancestral genes and surroundings give it the right admixture to boost its further development. There are several shades of causation at work in this case.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#183961 Jul 31, 2013
Several people with a partially awakened mind-in-vital link up with the psychic and in the process remember events of their previous birth without undergoing hypnosis. The latent memories come flooding back in bits or in a rush depending on how awakened the vital mind is and how closely attached it is to the psychic. On the other hand, under hypnosis, many people are known to speak fluently in alien languages or in very ancient tongues which are unknown to them in the present round of existence. Reincarnation follows the causal laws at every step. A rare Buddhist book on techniques of reviving dormant past life memories exists. The book is difficult to come by. I remember several of my past lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug 9 tongangodz 1,979
News Lost cities of the Midwest: A trek back to pre-... Jul 28 Von Zipper 7
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul '17 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul '17 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul '17 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun '17 spydie 35
News Volunteers wanted to join community archaeologi... Jun '17 dig 1
More from around the web