Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256358 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

truth

Thornlie, Australia

#183771 Jul 29, 2013
http://biblehub.com/luke/10-19.htm

he set up his eyes on her..who
truth

Thornlie, Australia

#183772 Jul 29, 2013
https://www.google.com.au/search...

Muslim is rich
they think everybody is against them
no

think with your head
its not say to someone stupid
no
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183773 Jul 29, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods message is always the same Joe.
Leviticus 19:18 [HCSB]
18 Do not take revenge or bear a grudge against members of your community, but love your neighbor as yourself; I am Yahweh.
Your Pope is representing your views and beliefs, ok?
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory...

Pope Francis reached out to gays on Monday, saying he wouldn't judge priests for their sexual orientation in a remarkably open and wide-ranging news conference as he returned from his first foreign trip.

"If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?" Francis asked.

His predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI, signed a document in 2005 that said men with deep-rooted homosexual tendencies should not be priests. Francis was much more conciliatory, saying gay clergymen should be forgiven and their sins forgotten.

Francis' remarks came Monday during a plane journey back to the Vatican from his first foreign trip in Brazil.

He was funny and candid during a news conference that lasted almost an hour and a half.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183774 Jul 29, 2013
Im so happy because tonite my BF will bring me to his home and will cook something delicious for me.....
I never felt so much in love of a man as I am with him. Hope one day he will ask me to marry him.
Willie Kissertits

Buffalo Grove, IL

#183775 Jul 29, 2013
"Jew Behind Lox" is the funniest book you will ever read about scams and lawyers. And for .99 cents, you can't go wrong. Kindle only.

http://www.amazon.com/Jew-Behind-Lox-ebook/dp...
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#183776 Jul 29, 2013
the oldest Septuagint mss of Isaiah 7:4 read "neanis" (young woman), not "parthenos" (virgin)

Matt 1:22
"All this is necessary to fulfill the prophecy: The parthenos shall conceive and bring forth a son"

aack! wrong! no prophesy of a virgin birth here lol
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#183777 Jul 29, 2013
In life what is important is TRUTH. So whenever an assertion is made the question is, is is TRUE?

If it is true then tough luck for those who do not like being uncomfortable because of TRUTH.

Those who claim that an assertion is false should prove that a particular claim is false.

Magic sideshows and other forms of deception is unacceptable and will only work to deceive the ignorant.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#183778 Jul 29, 2013
uhuh wrote:
the oldest Septuagint mss of Isaiah 7:4 read "neanis" (young woman), not "parthenos" (virgin)
"All this is necessary to fulfill the prophecy: The parthenos shall conceive and bring forth a son"
Not only is the correct translation "young woman", they named him Jesus, not Emanuel. This child was supposed to be called Emanuel. It is one of the signs of the Messiahs' spiritual rebirth and means "God is with us". He was born on April 4, 1984, the same date given by George Orwell in his novel, 1984, the "acceptable year of the Lord". Isaiah 61:2.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#183779 Jul 29, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
In reality ...
For Christians claim that their God so loved the world that he arranged to have his one and only son killed, that whoever believes in him shall not die but have eternal life on earth....
Mission never took off because God does not have a son!
Any chance of sending a daughter?
LOL AMEN!
JOEL

India

#183780 Jul 29, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

Buddhism is the "best religion" in the world, provided you do not look at what they are doing to Muslims in Burma!!

Buddhism is the "best religion" in the world provided you did not look at what they did in Sri Lanka to LTTE.
Hey Retard,

The issue is not about the doings of the followers of Buddhism but about the peerless teachings of the Great Buddha.

The sublime teachings of the Buddha which form the core of Buddhism were voted the Best in the world with even Muslim clerics voting for Buddhism and not for an evil cult like Islam. LOL.

Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183781 Jul 29, 2013
mmmh I have my make up on and am ready for the dinner. Can't wait. Details later.

Salaamz

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#183782 Jul 29, 2013
uhuh wrote:
You are a Muslim liar uhuh.
You are an ignorant Muslim.

According to standard Jewish custom of the time of Jesus, girls were betrothed around the age of twelve or twelve and a half.[7] During the betrothal period, which lasted about a year, the marriage was not consummated and the bride remained in her parent's house.[8] Betrothal was formalised by a contract regulating such matters as the transfer of property and provision for the wife and children should the husband die; voiding the contract required a divorce document freeing the girl to remarry.[9]

Location hidden

#183783 Jul 29, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Not only is the correct translation "young woman", they named him Jesus, not Emanuel. This child was supposed to be called Emanuel. It is one of the signs of the Messiahs' spiritual rebirth and means "God is with us". He was born on April 4, 1984, the same date given by George Orwell in his novel, 1984, the "acceptable year of the Lord". Isaiah 61:2.
According to standard Jewish custom of the time of Jesus, girls were betrothed around the age of twelve or twelve and a half.[7] During the betrothal period, which lasted about a year, the marriage was not consummated and the bride remained in her parent's house.[8] Betrothal was formalised by a contract regulating such matters as the transfer of property and provision for the wife and children should the husband die; voiding the contract required a divorce document freeing the girl to remarry.[9]

You are trying to re-write history Susan.

Location hidden

#183784 Jul 29, 2013
HughBe wrote:
In life what is important is TRUTH. So whenever an assertion is made the question is, is is TRUE?
If it is true then tough luck for those who do not like being uncomfortable because of TRUTH.
Those who claim that an assertion is false should prove that a particular claim is false.
Magic sideshows and other forms of deception is unacceptable and will only work to deceive the ignorant.
Do except truth when confronted with truth?

Mary the Virgin;

Location hidden

#183785 Jul 29, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Isaiah 9:6 and Isaiah 7:14:
My dear brother, I went in detail about both chapters of Isaiah 9 and 14 verse by verse, and showed that they do not refer to Jesus in any way.
a. Isaiah 9 speaks about a Deliverer of Israel and a King to sit on throne of David. You are just picking up one verse from the whole chapter, without any context and making this claim.
b. About Isaiah 14, the context does not show any prophesy at all, to be fulfilled after 800 years or so. It provides relief to King Ahaz "within 12-15 years". There is no mention of Virgin Birth and Emmanuel is not having any "inner meaning"
02. Now you are trying "reverse logic", instead of Jesus being prophesized, now you say "Nothing excludes him from being prophesized"!! So instead of "Qualifying, we work on Not being excluded"?
How will it "prove" that this prophesy is about him? A prophesy has both positive and negative angles, first you should check "does the candidate fulfills all the requirements AND then look at whether there are some things to "disqualify" him"
It seems my dear brother that you are changing rules, so as to "protect" Jesus!!
03. Is it not strange that you are not coming up with any more clear prophesies about Jesus, despite me asking you again and again.
Do you not think that we have gone over them again and again?
Or should I say that "there are no more very clear prophesies about Jesus in OT books except Isaiah 9:6 and 7:14"?
04. And this is "another beautiful reason" that Jesus shall fulfill "Throne part of the prophesy" when he shall return again. It is called "having your cake and eating it too"!!
So all those prophesies about "deliverer of Israel" have to wait till the second coming of Jesus?
I never know you can "cut and paste" one prophesy to make many prophesies!!
05.. If some one says 2+3 = 5, then he is telling a lie. It is as simple as that! Why we go on "inventing -1" and somehow "prove" that 2+3 =5?
PS:
My dear brother,
How can you convince Jews that Jesus has fulfilled only "One part of the prophesy" about 2000 years and back and the "balance" will be fulfilled just near the end of time.
The prophesy does not say so, it makes them as a single prophesy.
I think you are becoming a little incoherent.
Mary the Virgin:

Location hidden

#183786 Jul 29, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Not only is the correct translation "young woman", they named him Jesus, not Emanuel. This child was supposed to be called Emanuel. It is one of the signs of the Messiahs' spiritual rebirth and means "God is with us". He was born on April 4, 1984, the same date given by George Orwell in his novel, 1984, the "acceptable year of the Lord". Isaiah 61:2.
You are trying to re-write history Susan.

Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#183787 Jul 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you please cut all that Bull Shit out?
God is ready to forgive you, if you turn to God and that is what Mary's son said.
Forget that cock and bull story and read this extract from Isaiah 45:
We can see that clearly in Isaiah 45 through this extract:
21 Declare what is to be, present it—let them take counsel together.
Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past?
Was it not I, the Lord?
And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me.
*****22 “Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.*****
23 By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked:
Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear.
24 They will say of me,‘In the Lord alone are deliverance and strength.’”
Emphasis using *****, is mine to show that the way to be saved is to turn to the LORD Almighty.
And that is exactly the message of Qur'aan.
Salaamz baeraDaer & Ramadan mubarakh! L M A O !!! Lo! most knowledgeable ONE! If I were pagan I would bow down to you! Unlike ShammU Who cannot recognize Divinity even when it crawls right up his backside! Have you ever considered a comedy show? With Shammu as your puppet? I know,its a twisted thought. CheerZ

Location hidden

#183788 Jul 29, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text>Salaamz baeraDaer & Ramadan mubarakh! L M A O !!! Lo! most knowledgeable ONE! If I were pagan I would bow down to you! Unlike ShammU Who cannot recognize Divinity even when it crawls right up his backside! Have you ever considered a comedy show? With Shammu as your puppet? I know,its a twisted thought. CheerZ
Bible verses that show Jesus is Divine

Following are verses used to show that Jesus is God in flesh. The scriptures used here are from the New American Standard Bible.

1.John 1:1 - "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." A.John 1:14 - "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth."

2.John 5:18 - "For this cause therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God."

3.John 8:24 - "I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you shall die in your sins." A.Note: In the Greek, "He" is not there.

4.John 8:58 - "Jesus said to them,'Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.'" A.Exodus 3:14 - "And God said to Moses,'I AM WHO I AM'; and He said, Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel,‘I AM has sent me to you.’"

5.John 10:30-33 - "I and the Father are one." 31 The Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?" 33 The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God."

6.John 20:28 - "Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

7.Col. 2:9 - "For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form."

8.Phil. 2:5-8 - "Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. 9 Therefore also God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

9.Heb. 1:8 - "But of the Son He says, "Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom." A.Quoted from Psalm 45:6, "Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever; a scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Thy kingdom."
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183789 Jul 29, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I ignore Jimmie and I don't normally respond to his posts. He is one of many nuts in the world who believe they are Jesus. At least I am original, all of the prophecies including the "crucifixion" have been fulfilled in my personal life. His beliefs are convoluted and have no basis in scripture as you all can plainly see. Even the NT condemns him.
rabbee: you have not been paying attention, i do not believe mine and the woman's name is jesus. it is not the name, G-D gave to Adam Who G-D had put to death.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183790 Jul 29, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did i say that, lunatic? Go ahead and show me. You can't. you can even read a post properly.
<quoted text>
Every quote I have quoted comes straight from straight from authoritative Jewish sources, that don't make up their own versions of the Torah like you do.
<quoted text>
I have no idea what you mean by IT and nor does anybody else. So stop with the stupid, self invented terms if you even wish to communicate at all.
<quoted text>
I do, and I also believe that you have NOTHING to do with God any more than anybody else. Clear enough for you? Don't even dare to equate my lack in belief in you to having anything to do with belief in God. I simply don't believe a lunatic writing from a condo in Denver.
<quoted text>
You can't even explain exactly what "now in TheTorah" means. It's just a stupid term you invented.
<quoted text>
I don't at all. I don't believe in YOU. What part don't you understand?
<quoted text>
Believe in God is no solution at all. Everybody here believes in God, they just don't believe YOU, and you are not God nor do you have anything to do with God, nor do you have any right at all to speak on behalf of God.
<quoted text>
You are not in Revelation.
<quoted text>
No it doesn't. And I would even ask you to quote the verse that says it does, but we both know that you can;'t find a verse that says this.
<quoted text>
That isn't even true. Some will be saved. Some are righteous. If you want to know who is unrighteous, you can start with yourself by daring to suggest that you speak for God.
<quoted text>
If getting it right only means believing in God, then plenty have it right. So far, that's all you can suggest, is that people believe in God. Well plenty do. Maybe it just isn't you stupid, invented, delusional form.
<quoted text>
It is NOT the third time and you have absolutely no basis for saying it is. NONE.
<quoted text>
Adam and Christ are NOT the same person and there is NOTHING in the scriptures that say they are. NOTHING. You are pulling all of this out of your azz.
rabbee: well technically you declared you liked her better than me. and when you have no idea, Who G-D said i really am.

and the capital "IT", refers to TheTorah.

and if you do not know what TheTorah is. then you, are in a world of self hurt. since IT is TheStory, G-D always gives. and gives essencially, The Carbon Copy to Moshe of This Story we are all here in NOW.

well you can pretend that Revelation, is not now happening also with you all here in IT. and you can pretend that Revelation, does not always occur here in TheTorah. but you would be, 100% wrong not here in It too. and it tells you in Revelation, that you all don't even know my name. because i never has been jesus, somebody pulled a switch on you all. how can any of you be right, when you do not even know TheHis and Her Name of Yeshooah Adam?

G-D came to visit with me for about a half an hour, and it tells you this in your book of Revelation. and even tells you how i am trying to find even one righteous person, with no luck.

and i am sorry but Adam is The Very same one you call jesus christ. Who happens to be both your grandfather and grandmother of all. Who are both in One Body G-D calls Yeshooah Adam. for G-D made Adam in OUR IMAGE And Likeness, He And She G-D made them.--"(and G-D said, "Let US make Adam in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS. They shall rule over the fish in the sea, the birds of the sky, and over the animal, the whole earth, and every creeping thing that creeps that creeps upon the earth.")"

and you have missed this over and over again and again, when it was posted. and no! it does not say man eesh is made in The Our Image of G-D. it says only Adam, or the one you errantly call jesus is. i have had three visits with G-D, and i believe G-D knows this story better than any of you. YHVH - YE-HOO V-HEE, told me so. and you, can't get any more EXPERT Than This.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Safeguarding Islam's ancient past May '17 Tear it down 1
News Men made strange discoveryHere are the top stor... May '17 Dr Reker s Bellhop 1
News Boy finds 5,000-year-old spearhead (Feb '12) May '17 Natgan 3
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... May '17 okimar 25
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Apr '17 Plunder 5
News Archaeologists Reconstruct Face of Medieval Man... Mar '17 kornadnez 1
News Blackbeard's anchor recovered off coast (May '11) Feb '17 Pretty Pharts 12
More from around the web