Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 230537 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183455 Jul 24, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Quran your god doesn't have a son simply because is single. Even virus produce offspring without asexually, but he's not able unless he has a partner.
Well, although you don't believe in God, at least you understand the concept of what almighty means, and that if there is a God, who says that God would think like we do and we should expect God to have the same reasoning that we do? This is where Muhammad revealed his shallow philosophical or reasoning abilities. He simply reasoned that God should behave as we would expect God to behave, which pretty much means that God would behave as we do. He was merely using his own sense of reasoning to decide what God would or wouldn't do, and this is why Muslims do the same thing and they think it is all so clear to them and they are so assured that surely they must be right.

To apply this sort of logic to God that is supposed to be almighty and beyond our abilities to understand is in of itself illogical, but they don't understand that mistake because of what the Quran tells them. They surely expect that God should be completely understandable and explainable, and this is what the Quran tries to do, which is why it has such appeal to them.

In my experience, if someone is inventing a lie, they are going to try to make that lie as clear and understandable as possible because their only goal in inventing that lie is to get people to understand it and therefore believe it, and therefore they want to make it as easily understandable as possible. When someone presents weird concepts and admits that they themselves do not fully understand it, then chances are pretty good that they actually are NOT inventing a lie. That's not to say that these concepts are automatically true, but it's an indication that they aren't merely making them up. Muslims think the exact opposite. If it doesn't fit into their limited reasoning abilities, then it cannot be from God. And this is how Muhammad thought as well. As far as I am concerned, if God exists, then I would fully expect such said thing to simply be beyond all capabilities of reasoning. Logically, it would almost HAVE to be that way. And I would expect certain things about God to not make any sense to me. So in my opinion, Muslims have it completely backwards and Muhammad is to blame.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183456 Jul 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is known as difference of opinion.
True, but one of you has to be wrong.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183457 Jul 24, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
We can use your logic to assign divinity to many others.
That is correct. You could if they were perfect and could only do the will of God and not their own will. But nobody except for Jesus was ever capable of being that way, nor has anybody been that way since. Even Moses sinned and God kept him from the promised land when he did not perfectly obey God and let his own personal feelings and frustrations get in the way. And this is why God punished him by not allowing him to lead the Israelites into the promised land and he willed that Moses should die before that happened.

When people obey God, they think they are doing God's will, but they really aren't. They are doing their own will of gaining their reward or avoiding punishment, and they merely think that the best and most guaranteed way to do this is to obey God. so they are still merely acting in their own self or best interests. Only when someone is not even the slightest bit conscious of their reward or avoiding punishment can they actually and truly do the will of God. And nobody can do that. Their own self interest is always in the back of their mind, whether they are aware of that or not. So their actions are not pure in the sight of God, and there is an ulterior, self serving motive behind them. Everybody is ultimately that way and it seems impossible to avoid, which is why there is still original sin because I believe that is what original sin really means, and that is why it had to be redeemed by the perfect human who God was truly pleased with taking on all of the sins of others. Sinning is simply putting what you believe to be your own well being before God's will. All specific sins stem from that original mistake that originally separated us all from God.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183458 Jul 24, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that I and some others already know that.
<quoted text>
I do.
<quoted text>
I can. Just because i participate on a forum, doesn't mean that I don't or can't do that. You would be surprised. So far, you aren't saying anything that mystics such as Lao Tzu or Jiddu Krishnamurti or Anthony Demello have said.
<quoted text>
I never cared much about it. They like to fight, so let them fight.
<quoted text>
I'm not God, so anything that I say would merely be a guess anyway.
<quoted text>
So are you asking the people of Syria to consult you?
<quoted text>
I actually reject Islam because it is supposed to be the word for word dictation of God, rather than merely inspired by God, and yet it makes so many errors about the cosmos, and has no philosophical depth as well.
<quoted text>
They can't stop denying that unless you clearly explain what you mean by "here in TheTorah", but you never do.
<quoted text>
Well maybe that can start with you actually explaining what "here in TheTorah" actually means in some sort of clear or meaningful way.
<quoted text>
Then why are you here?
<quoted text>
"Has to normally beginning normally" makes no sense. Can you at least use proper English and grammar so that people might try to understand what you are saying?
<quoted text>
What exactly is that supposed to mean to anybody?
rabbee: ok then Who is responsible, for the existence of this message board. and for Whom, was it specifically fashioned?

and do those mystics tell you, about TheONE G-D WHO is in charge of all of this for six days? or are they camouflaging themselves, as some kind of guru experts without it as hasatan does?

i do not care about the excuses they give, for their being commanded to fight as it is in hell of hells. why are they, commanded to fight? they do not have a choice, there not doing this because they want to. no matter how much they, lie about it. your not paying attention, to the silent movie Voice of G-D.

if you are guessing, then you have not paid attention to what has already been said. there is no, guess work here. what does the prophecy say, about those who hate G-D? when what they do, severely betrays their own real thoughts against G-D. this is as obvious as and evil and wicked jew, that supports the worship of halooseefer's homosexuality against the command of G-D. the worst of the three angels, pouring their sins upon this unguarded world.

and here in TheTorah - just what story do you think you are, here in from TheG-D of Only TheTorah? or do you think you are here in, the story of alice and wonderland or some of fictional not true to G-D Accounting?

since all of you and your grandmother, screwed this up twice before. and so we are all having to do this again, in the exact same story with the exact same people as twice before. we did not make it, to GanEden the last two times. and this world is not making this, for this third time here in TheTorah. you ain't ever got this story from G-D right yet here in IT.

were all here in the exact same story again as the last two Torot times. and the whole world is making all the exact same mental mistakes as twice before. so how do you ever, expect to make it to GanEden doing that? with you all acting, like you are not here in TheTorah Happening again from G-D.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#183459 Jul 24, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Another question raised is why would Jesus come back to vanquish the anti-Christ if Muhammad is the last prophet.
Good question,

And how can the 2nd last become the last again?

Thanks for a good question, Eric.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183460 Jul 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
After God, Satan is the 2nd most powerful. Who knew God better than Satan at that time? That is why Jesus was sent to Satan for getting tested.
Satan was smart. His line of questioning proved that Jesus was not the Son of God. And that in turn, proved that Jesus was not God.
Satan asked Jesus twice "If you are the Son of God, then .........."
And Jesus did NOT say at all, "Yes, I am the Son of God but I will not.........."
That story is a hoax, bro.
Salaams
BMZ
And this is where I agree with Shamma. You are serving Satan in those statements. You are saying that the master deceiver is actually proving the truth for us, which would be a logical contradiction. So you are actually siding with Satan and saying that Satan helps us determine the truth. You are saying that the master of hoaxes is the one identifying a hoax for us and telling us the truth. I'm sure you did not think of it that way when you said what you said, but you just didn't think it through thoroughly enough. You make many logical errors because you do not think deeply enough into what you are actually saying.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183461 Jul 24, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't explain the right direction other than saying being "here in TheTorah", then being critical really has no purpose. Why say that others are wrong if you can't properly explain how they can make it right? Criticism by itself is meaningless and pointless, unless it merely makes you feel better or cures your boredom.
rabbee: you are only proving, you are not paying attention to G-D actually here in TheTorah. and that you have no intention, of believing in G-D here and now in TheTorah.

just like the last two times, you help murder nearly everyone on earth. because you only thought you are in, some other fantasy story not from G-D. well i tell you this now, neither you nor the whole world can now prevent the prophecy Parashas Noach in TheHappening again. and deny your murderous attitude all you want against G-D now here and forever in TheTorah. you worhip some other not here in TheTorah g-d/s, i do not even want to discuss.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183462 Jul 24, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I have your own statement above. What better source could there be?
rabbee: well at least your gross misinterpretation, and misrepresentation of it. nothing really new, in this whole world rejecting the truth of G-D, for their own self righteous likings with the subtle talking critters of the fields.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183463 Jul 24, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Bmz said that Isa is died and won't come back to the Final Hour. Who between you two Muslims is lying?
Muslims also can't agree on whether Jesus was actually on the cross or not, or whether he was actually raised up or not, or whether he merely pulled off a hoax and went and lived somewhere else until he died like a normal man. Muhammad's explanation of the crucifixion left them with many problems because Muhammad just didn't think his story through enough. He wasn't a very deep thinker. The problem that they have is that on the one hand, if Jesus was just a normal man, then he would have to have pulled off a hoax that allowed someone else to take his punishment for him. Whoever that was, he was the REAL hero and courageous one. And then Jesus moved somewhere else and continued to live until he died a natural death. They have to think that way because Muhammad was a normal man who died a natural death. Of course, this now makes Jesus into a hoaxster and the one who took the punishment for him the REAL sacrificer, and yet they have to claim that they love and respect Jesus so much at the same time after they paint him ion this negative light. They love him so much and yet they don't see any problem with painting him in this negative light. But, maybe in the Muslim mind, being a hoaxster is not a bad thing, but instead a clever one. Often behavior right here in this very forum could suggest that they believe that being deceptive is viewed as being clever rather than shameful.

Then the other alternative, to think that Jesus never died and was actually raised up and will return, does not make him a natural man. It makes him a person living for over 2000 years so far. So again, Muhammad left them in a real quandary about this issue.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183464 Jul 24, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: you are only proving, you are not paying attention to G-D actually here in TheTorah. and that you have no intention, of believing in G-D here and now in TheTorah.
I left you a long post. Obviously you have not read it yet.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183465 Jul 24, 2013
Eric wrote:
yehoshooah adam
Denver, CO
rabbee: all you have to do, is to agree with them. so in essence they do apply, to everyone here in TheTorah. whether you are male of female, you are required to reject those are in non-compliance. even the command that no male, shall like with another male as with a woman. since it also violates the command, to be fruitfull and multiply, and the first command. all sins violate, the first command of G-D. all sinning is a symptom of not being, true to G-D.

for even as long as you can observe, there is no temple today. the whole world is even guilty for that. and very few nations have an appointed king as in not so great Brittan (brit tan - brit jackel or whatever?). acknowledgement of the law, and about $3.50 will still only get you a cup of coffee. as long as you can observe violations of the law occurring.

i mean the jews acknowledge the law, even if they don't do any of it. there still not, in GanEden today. because they do not really believe in G-D, or these twice comings of G-D'S Son here in TheTorah. cause there is no command to believe in jews, or anyone's religion. since the command is to believe in G-D, here in TheTorah actually again.

you can deny being here, in TheTorah from G-D all you want. but you'll all get hell for it, and you shall never make it to GanEden only offered to those here in TheTorah.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183466 Jul 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
PS:
The followers of Anti Christ shall meet a humiliating defeat, and we are told that majority of them will be Jews, who denied the "original Messiah" Jesus Christ, the Son of Mary.
rabbee: well did not the last two times, khaeen killed able and received the mark. in fact he and his son's, and their sons kicked all of your worldly self deserving butts. and the only thing that stopped them was the diluvium in Parashas Noach every time. because all your evil and wicked ways, deserved their evil and wicked ways. in the whole worlds attitude against, G-D again here in Only TheTorah is in The-Happening. in the whole world guilty of genocide again, against G-D.
Eric

Mount Prospect, IL

#183467 Jul 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question,
And how can the 2nd last become the last again?
Thanks for a good question, Eric.
I'm just trying to understand the different belief systems
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183468 Jul 24, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so what you mean by "here in TheTorah" is living in the here and now. If so, why don't you just say so? What is all of the jargon about? I'm aware of this idea and have been for about 15 years. I didn't have God visit me. God doesn't need to.
There is a mystic concept called the eternal moment where one lives in the present moment. The concept says that the only thing that is real is the present moment, which goes on and on and on. The past and future aren't real, they are merely mental constructs or concepts of the mind. They might be accurate concepts (and sometimes not) and they can be useful, but they are still merely mental concepts. The past is a memory. The future is an expectation. But the only thing that is actual reality is the present moment. When a past event occurred, it did so in the present moment. When the future arrives, it does so in the present moment. So the present moment is actually the only thing that exists in reality, and it goes on and on and on. This is called the eternal moment because when one does not think about the past and future and focuses on the present moment, time itself seems to disappear because time itself is also a mental construct that is created by comparing our past to the present moment and comparing the present moment to the future.
The mind often lives in the past and future, but rarely the present. So when we see something, we are not seeing that thing in it's true present moment reality and therefore don't see what that thing really is, and instead we use our past memories and categorize what we see based on those. This involves the eastern concept of "labels" where we don't see the actual reality of something, we see our label for it instead. And then, we decide whether this thing will help us or hurt us, and see it with our concept of the future. So we never pay attention to what that thing really is in it's present state in the present moment. All the mind sees is the past and future.
It's very difficult to constantly be "present" and usually only the best gurus or mystics can do this, and there are plenty of fake gurus. But if one becomes present and is so focused on that, the idea of future threat or even death disappears because we are only concentrating on what is happening now and doing the right thing now because we see things clearly and see them for what they actually are. This is why this is called the "eternal present moment", which just goes on and on and on and the mind never thinks of eventual death. Whether that will occur or not is irrelevant to someone who is constantly present. They are only concerned about seeing true reality which can only be found in the present moment. There is a difference between "everlasting" life, which is still within time. It is time perduring forever. But eternal means timeless no time. It means something outside of time itself where one is so focused on the present that one no longer has any concerns of the past and future and therefore lives in eternal life, not everlasting life. So the eternal life that everyone is searching for is right now, right in front of our eyes but nobody knows that. So if one is completely focused on the present, from moment to moment, heaven and hell are no longer concerns, as they will take care of themselves. The only concern is doing the correct thing in the present moment and seeing it the correct way and seeing true reality and if one focuses on that, this is where God is found and everything takes care of itself. So GanEden, as you say, is actually right here and right now and we can enter it at any moment, but we don't, and God is waiting for us to do so and live there, or live that way, which would be a more accurate way to describe it. So if this is what you are actually saying, then I understand and we can actually discuss this and much more.
rabbee: i have to be true to G-D, whether you choose to be true to G-D or not. with no, room for reply
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183469 Jul 24, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I left you a long post. Obviously you have not read it yet.
rabbee: maybe it had too many lies, for me to even want to reply? you and this world, are just too normally used to lying.
Eric

Mount Prospect, IL

#183470 Jul 24, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: so? it still won't gain you, entrance into GanEden. since the law only allows you to observe, your or somebody else's screwing up. indicating that you, don't believe in G-D.
for even as long as you can observe, there is no temple today. the whole world is even guilty for that. and very few nations have an appointed king as in not so great Brittan (brit tan - brit jackel or whatever?). acknowledgement of the law, and about $3.50 will still only get you a cup of coffee. as long as you can observe violations of the law occurring.
i mean the jews acknowledge the law, even if they don't do any of it. there still not, in GanEden today. because they do not really believe in G-D, or these twice comings of G-D'S Son here in TheTorah. cause there is no command to believe in jews, or anyone's religion. since the command is to believe in G-D, here in TheTorah actually again.
you can deny being here, in TheTorah from G-D all you want. but you'll all get hell for it, and you shall never make it to GanEden only offered to those here in TheTorah.
Please explain why, for example, the female mitzvah are applicable to me since "all you have to do, is to agree with them", but the two mitvah are not, even if I "agree with them".

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#183471 Jul 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is known as difference of opinion.
He's either alive and will come back or died and won't be back in the Final Hour. One of you is wrong. Who?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#183472 Jul 24, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is where I agree with Shamma. You are serving Satan in those statements. You are saying that the master deceiver is actually proving the truth for us, which would be a logical contradiction. So you are actually siding with Satan and saying that Satan helps us determine the truth. You are saying that the master of hoaxes is the one identifying a hoax for us and telling us the truth. I'm sure you did not think of it that way when you said what you said, but you just didn't think it through thoroughly enough. You make many logical errors because you do not think deeply enough into what you are actually saying.
The error is in that illogical story of Jesus being sent to Satan.

I have analyzed it in the right context.

Location hidden

#183473 Jul 24, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, although you don't believe in God, at least you understand the concept of what almighty means, and that if there is a God, who says that God would think like we do and we should expect God to have the same reasoning that we do? This is where Muhammad revealed his shallow philosophical or reasoning abilities. He simply reasoned that God should behave as we would expect God to behave, which pretty much means that God would behave as we do. He was merely using his own sense of reasoning to decide what God would or wouldn't do, and this is why Muslims do the same thing and they think it is all so clear to them and they are so assured that surely they must be right.
To apply this sort of logic to God that is supposed to be almighty and beyond our abilities to understand is in of itself illogical, but they don't understand that mistake because of what the Quran tells them. They surely expect that God should be completely understandable and explainable, and this is what the Quran tries to do, which is why it has such appeal to them.
In my experience, if someone is inventing a lie, they are going to try to make that lie as clear and understandable as possible because their only goal in inventing that lie is to get people to understand it and therefore believe it, and therefore they want to make it as easily understandable as possible. When someone presents weird concepts and admits that they themselves do not fully understand it, then chances are pretty good that they actually are NOT inventing a lie. That's not to say that these concepts are automatically true, but it's an indication that they aren't merely making them up. Muslims think the exact opposite. If it doesn't fit into their limited reasoning abilities, then it cannot be from God. And this is how Muhammad thought as well. As far as I am concerned, if God exists, then I would fully expect such said thing to simply be beyond all capabilities of reasoning. Logically, it would almost HAVE to be that way. And I would expect certain things about God to not make any sense to me. So in my opinion, Muslims have it completely backwards and Muhammad is to blame.
Agree

Location hidden

#183474 Jul 24, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Another question raised is why would Jesus come back to vanquish the anti-Christ if Muhammad is the last prophet.
I don't see it as an issue. Muhammad is seen as the last prophet sent by god, in chronological order.

The Antichrist is seen as blasphemer that will come down to this globe and deceive people. Allah will let him do it and test the people, and then Isa will come down to defeat the AC and his supporters.(Me thinking as a Muslim).

What is queer is that they (Muslims) give so much emphasis on Isa, but Muhammad is the most worshipped and considered to be the number one, the sinless man, altough Isa seems to be more powerful and important than Muhammad, according to Islam.

P.S. Muhammad copied too much infos about Isa from canonical and non Gospels, hence the story of him coming down in the Final Hour.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UPDATED: Archaeological dig reveals remnants of... Aug 26 The Duffy Agenda ... 3
News Islamic State militants behead archaeologist in... Aug 19 flame of truth 16
News Archaeological dig on Dundas Street unearths 18... Aug 12 Rover 1
News Proof of Trump's charity giving elusive Aug 11 Giving Grief 3
News Confederate flags placed at Martin Luther King'... Jul 31 DieShadowHelix 1
News Customs officials crack down on Pakistan's mill... (Aug '12) Jul '15 mICHEAL 24
need info on a artifact I found Jul '15 neyney 1
More from around the web