Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 255927 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#183382 Jul 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Just posted on the other thread about Jesus, the Jihadist. Why do you keep posting your silly, meaningless and absurd posts every where?
Off-topic as the biblical Jesus and the men, who penned the NewTestament.
I was educating polemic Christian ignorant fools along with other ignorant fools that Jihad is neither war nor warfare.
Let me tell you that Jesus was a Jihadi for God. You may call him Jihadist also. He walked about 34,000 kilometers, some times wearing sandals and some times on his naked feet. All in the name of God.
That was Jesus' Jihad, which also means going in the way of God. The great Jihadi or Jihadist STRUGGLED ( Jihadid ) in the way of the LORD. Was Jesus making war upon people?
Note: Like the Western Media Circus and the Western Scholars' Circus, I have created a new Word today and my Word is JIHADID, which is to be used as a past tense.
And the poor Jihadist finally said, "It is finished", which means "It has all gone down the drain".
The moral of this is: Jesus was a Jihadi or a Jihadist.
God does not need to be defended by any human being.
We need God , God does not need us, nor for us to defend God.
God is self sufficient in all things.

You don't get it Muslim.

Why did God make the earth and us along with it? He doesn't really need us, so why did he create anything?

Great question, and you're not the first to ask it. King David asked essentially the same thing:

"When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers … what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?" (Psalm 8:3-4).

Why did God make us? To answer that, we need to know three things:

First, and you mentioned this in your question, it wasn't because he needed us:
"The God who made the world and everything in it … is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything" (Acts 17:24-25).

And he didn't make us because he was lonely. Long before we were here, God already had "company" with his Son and the Holy Spirit, referred to in Genesis 1:26, "Let us make man in our own image."

And he didn't make us because he needed his ego fed. It's not like God made us to satisfy some craving to be worshiped. God is totally secure in who he is—without us.

Second, despite not needing us, God chose to create us anyway, out of his great love: "I have loved you with an everlasting love" (Jeremiah 31:3). Yes, God loved us before he even created us. It's impossible to get our heads around that idea, but it's true; that's what "everlasting" love means.

God is love (1 John 4:8), and because of that love and his wonderful creativity, he made us so we can enjoy all that he is and all that he's done.

Third, God created us to fulfill his eternal plan. I could write pages and pages about this, but suffice it to say that God, in his infinite wisdom, chose to make us a part of his eternal plan.

What part do we play in this plan? Well, the Bible is full of instructions for how we should live our lives. But here are a few key verses to remember:

1. "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength" (Deuteronomy 6:5).

2. "Love your neighbor as yourself" (Matthew 22:39).

3. "We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do" (Ephesians 2:10).

We're also part of the war between God and Satan, and God's ultimate plan to defeat Satan. By putting our faith in God, we can defeat Satan and his lies (see Ephesians 6:10-18).

Finally, perhaps the most important part we play in God's eternal plan is to point people to eternal life with God—through his Son Jesus Christ. The Bible calls this our "ministry of reconciliation" (2 Corinthians 5:18-19).

That's why we're here. But it's also important to note that we have a choice in all of this. When God created us, he didn't make us pawns in some cosmic chess game. We're not his toy soldiers. God gives us freedom of choice.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183384 Jul 23, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Therefore, you were incorrect when you said that there were only 611. Following your logic, all the rest have to do is acknowledge the 2. Consistency, Jimmie, Consistency.
"rabbee: there are only 611 ways for those, who did not enter the land of Ysrael. the last two commands are for those, who crossed the river."
rabbee: well you can call G-D, and TheHisSon incorrect with your being incorrect all you want.

but the last two commands were not given at mt seeanee to the multitudes of every known nation. and they still failed to subdue, all the land they were commanded to. how soon did the "we do", turn into the ugly hypocritical 'we don't'?

and it is pretty pathetic, when you see though out TheTorah history. how few of the alleged as jews, were actually truly true to HaShem G-D. with not even one of the alleged as jews, true to G-D here in TheTorah today.

there so hinsight smart, they can't even figure out. figure out what happens next, after G-D had Benee Adam put to death again here in TheTorah. not even after 1948 years of hindsight, for this evening dawn of TheThird Day of G-D. have they figure out, what happens next after the death of Adam, here in TheTorah thrice again for them and their grandmother sarah as chaooah.

and so the whole world that has again been telling, G-D your wrong for about 5773 years here in TheTorah again. is worth what, to you all?

because you owe your allegence, to that same old more subtle than any other beast of the fields again. aka the antichrist, against TheHisSon adam again. no different than the last two times, all of you and your grandmother of all screwed this up.

with even science, that can't explain this same born again process. so they just lie, about how you all and your grandmother. cannot possibly be, the exact same people thrice again. when they can't even comprehend, the titanic and the iceberg falling in love three times in a Torot row. with all their scientific and technological excuses for it every time.
Eric

La Grange Park, IL

#183385 Jul 23, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well you can call G-D, and TheHisSon incorrect with your being incorrect all you want.
but the last two commands were not given at mt seeanee to the multitudes of every known nation. and they still failed to subdue, all the land they were commanded to. how soon did the "we do", turn into the ugly hypocritical 'we don't'?
and it is pretty pathetic, when you see though out TheTorah history. how few of the alleged as jews, were actually truly true to HaShem G-D. with not even one of the alleged as jews, true to G-D here in TheTorah today.
there so hinsight smart, they can't even figure out. figure out what happens next, after G-D had Benee Adam put to death again here in TheTorah. not even after 1948 years of hindsight, for this evening dawn of TheThird Day of G-D. have they figure out, what happens next after the death of Adam, here in TheTorah thrice again for them and their grandmother sarah as chaooah.
and so the whole world that has again been telling, G-D your wrong for about 5773 years here in TheTorah again. is worth what, to you all?
because you owe your allegence, to that same old more subtle than any other beast of the fields again. aka the antichrist, against TheHisSon adam again. no different than the last two times, all of you and your grandmother of all screwed this up.
with even science, that can't explain this same born again process. so they just lie, about how you all and your grandmother. cannot possibly be, the exact same people thrice again. when they can't even comprehend, the titanic and the iceberg falling in love three times in a Torot row. with all their scientific and technological excuses for it every time.
Jimmie are you saying that the rest do not have to acknowledge the 2?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183386 Jul 23, 2013
and after more than 17,000 years of observing, all the talking critters here in genesis again. i have yet to see, any of these talking critters, evolve into a human being here in TheTorah from G-D thrice again.

and lets see science, try to explain the star for the crap nebulae explode for the third time in the alleged as 1054 ad. as the fallible talking critters of science, try to explain everything to you their fallible way against G-D.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183387 Jul 23, 2013
crab
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183388 Jul 23, 2013
or rather oh crap, not again nebulae.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#183389 Jul 23, 2013
Sorry about the double post.
Seems Topix made that choice not me.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183390 Jul 23, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you are being inconsistent. You are the one who brought up the 2; not I.
rabbee: well i am the one, refusing to lie about it. it is a sin to alter anything in TheTorah. to try and make it look like it happened another way not true to G-D. there were only six hundred and 11 commands given at mt seeanee. so why did Moshe, wait to give the last two just prior to crossing the river yordan? and not all the multitude crossed, the river either forming the first city of refuge.

i can be inconsistent, to your inconsistency against G-D. as long as i am not, inconsistent with G-D here in TheTorah. and it is a sin to try and spell Adam j-e-s-u-s either. cause that is the mental free will conspiracy, to alter TheTorah here in IT in ThePhysical happening...

i do not have to be true, to any of you. i only have to be true to G-D Only, here in TheTorah in TheHappening again. quit trying to make excuses, for your not being right with G-D here in TheTorah. cause that results in more hell, given to us all if without rebuke.
Eric

La Grange Park, IL

#183391 Jul 23, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
and after more than 17,000 years of observing, all the talking critters here in genesis again. i have yet to see, any of these talking critters, evolve into a human being here in TheTorah from G-D thrice again.
and lets see science, try to explain the star for the crap nebulae explode for the third time in the alleged as 1054 ad. as the fallible talking critters of science, try to explain everything to you their fallible way against G-D.
17,000 or 5,773, Jimmie? Consistency, Jimmie, consistency.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#183392 Jul 23, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
God does not need to be defended by any human being.
We need God , God does not need us, nor for us to defend God.
God is self sufficient in all things.
You don't get it Muslim.
So, why does your God need a son? Isn't your God self-sufficient? I am not done yet.

The next question is: Why does your God need this so-called Holy Ghost or the Holy Spirit?

Can't your God do anything himself? Why is your God dependent on two?

Answer me, Christian!

Your God definitely needs to be defended by you.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#183393 Jul 23, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Sorry about the double post.
Seems Topix made that choice not me.
It happens mostly to God-doublers. No worries.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183394 Jul 23, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimmie are you saying that the rest do not have to acknowledge the 2?
rabbee: being aware of it, is acknowledging it. it does not mean, you can do it. but it won't do you any good, if you are in Ysrael, but still denounce G-D giving TheTorah again. because you still, won't be commanded to do it. all you have to do, is believe in G-D here and now in TheTorah. and all of the commandments, will fall into place for you. one of the signs of haltered of G-D, is lying about this story we are all here in. and G-D only loves those, who love HIM here in TheTorah. and hates those, who hate HIM with their not being here in TheTorah bearing false witness.

i won't talk about, all the other prior times. i will concern myself with only these three times for the moment. that all of you and your grandmother of all, are all the exact same alleged as people for the third Torot twice born again times. this is all your third, time here in TheTorah again. precisely the same, as the last two Torot times again, and still no improvement with G-D here in TheTorah.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183395 Jul 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It happens mostly to God-doublers. No worries.
rabbee: that is also, doubtful! if you will a freudian emphasis. it concerns the doubling and tripling, of something important.
Eric

La Grange Park, IL

#183396 Jul 23, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
happened another way not true to G-D. there were only six hundred and 11 commands given at mt seeanee. so why did Moshe, wait to give the last two just prior to crossing the river yordan? and not all the multitude crossed, the river either forming the first city of refuge.
The question was how many in the Torah; not how many at Mt. "somach-yud-nun-yud" .
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183397 Jul 23, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
17,000 or 5,773, Jimmie? Consistency, Jimmie, consistency.
rabbee: sorry but TheTorah is always, 6818 man years in length. so it would be; 6818 + 6818 + 5773. which again, leaves us about a 1000 years shy of Parashas Noach in TheProphecy, for this failing world again. where every two days of G-D, is the evening dawn of the third day or 1948 man years. thus Abaram(Avraham) is born on about the evening dawn of the third day. Adam is born on about the evening dawn of the third day after that. and adam and his mate arrive about, the evening dawn of the third day after that. 1948 man years/2 = 974 man years equals on day of G-D. so the day of rest is always, 974 x 6 = 5844.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183398 Jul 23, 2013
Abram
Eric

La Grange Park, IL

#183399 Jul 23, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: sorry but TheTorah is always, 6818 man years in length. so it would be; 6818 + 6818 + 5773. which again, leaves us about a 1000 years shy of Parashas Noach in TheProphecy, for this failing world again. where every two days of G-D, is the evening dawn of the third day or 1948 man years. thus Abaram(Avraham) is born on about the evening dawn of the third day. Adam is born on about the evening dawn of the third day after that. and adam and his mate arrive about, the evening dawn of the third day after that. 1948 man years/2 = 974 man years equals on day of G-D. so the day of rest is always, 974 x 6 = 5844.
Jimmie you mentioned 5773; not I. Consistency, Jimmie, consistency.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183400 Jul 23, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
The question was how many in the Torah; not how many at Mt. "somach-yud-nun-yud" .
rabbee: no! go further back, where the statement was, in regards to the world could not follow all 613 commands. but there is no reason for not following 611. since the last two, are specifically for Ysralees.

even the muslims are just as responsible, for seeing to the building of TheTemple. which they are all, against today as so are the alleged as jews. what are you all waiting for, until after G-D takes off for the day of rest again? Who are you planning to talking to then, with G-D gone on vacation?

the whole world is sinning, by not seeing to the building of TheTemple. the whole world is sinning, by not appointing a king. if you can't keep the first command, here in TheTorah you are not going to be commanded to do the rest.

if you cannot do the first command, then you are commanded to do as that same old subtle devil of the fields says. and you'll all go nutsy trying to follow, the changing rules and conditions of the devil. the devil is not consistent, with being here in TheTorah from G-D. beware of change in any way, never consistent with G-D. and the devil gets, his instructions from G-D on how to be evil and wicked. cause it tells you that G-D, fashions him here in TheTorah. to represent all of you against G-D.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183401 Jul 23, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimmie you mentioned 5773; not I. Consistency, Jimmie, consistency.
rabbee: don't you even know, what man year this is here in TheTorah today? this is the year, 5773 again. you don't even know what day this is in TheTorah, let alone the hours and minute of G-D. don't bother me with your trying to make it look as if i am inconsistent with your wanna see your own inconsistently against it. try not to look like the antiG-D village expert idiot, it is most unbecoming.
Eric

La Grange Park, IL

#183402 Jul 23, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: no! go further back, where the statement was, in regards to the world could not follow all 613 commands. but there is no reason for not following 611. since the last two, are specifically for Ysralees..
can I follow those particular to priests and women? You said I could but acknowledge. Same with the two.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
International Conference on Cultural Sustainabl... Nov 27 moabdallah 1
News Australian Aboriginal prehistory, new research Nov 4 Sambo 2
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Oct '16 Folauimanuka 1,979
News Post-UNESCO blues: Whither interfaith meetings? Oct '16 Marie-Luise_J 2
News Bones, tools unearthed by Alberta flood could f... Oct '16 Rockets Richard Bone 1
News History lesson - Oct '16 Mark Newell PhD -... 1
Grimspound- my theory Sep '16 jobothehobo5 1
More from around the web