Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 225577 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#183330 Jul 22, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>That is very interesting uhuh. When I was baptized in the Elizabeth river 30 years ago the boat was called the "New Spirit", they were on a cruise and shined a spotlight on me as I sat upon the rocks. I didn't know the spirit had anything to do with light.
And you still don't know even today anything about the Holy Spirit.
It is not that the Holy Spirit is not present, its that you reject it, and so it is worthless to you.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183331 Jul 22, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't be surprised if they reject you.
Your intellectual skills are below par and I also wonder about your professional qualifications.
What do you know about software development? And the answer is...NOTHING.
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides, you lack mental and emotional tenacity and poise and come across as a smooth talker with a gift of the gab using ordinary/substandard English.
Ordinary English is actually a preferred method of communication for people, rather than using meaningless jargon such as yourself. If you spoke the way you do in the professional world, people would not want to speak to you very much. People don't care about abstract ten dollar words or meaningless jargon and buzzwords
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you living on dole/welfare at present considering the amount of time you spend online typing garbage in defense of the false savior, Jesus?
I have been a software development contractor with a placement firm and haven't gotten many assignments in the last few months. Only assignments that last a few days or a week because the amount of work they needed was small. I have been living off the money that I made when the small company I worked for got bought out by a larger company, but that is finally dwindling, so I need to find something full time. I have to admit that my time here has not been well spent and I have to step things up a bit and quit being so lazy by just posting here.
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, do you work in a poorly paid job?
When I work as a temp contractor, I'm going to take a wild guess that my hourly rate exceeds anything that you have even come close to. But I don't talk about money.
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's find out what the future holds for you.
My intuition tells me that you don't have a bright future.
let's find out.
Regards.
Hey, if it's not this job, it will be the next one. I've had 5 different recruiters call me after I recently put my resume out on dice.com , so there is at least certainly some initial interest in my skills. Microsoft SharePoint developers are not a dime a dozen. It's a very specific skill set.

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement and keep that good karma up. LOL!!!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183332 Jul 22, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
SEEKER may well be rejected by Microsoft and if by chance he gets the job he'll soon be forced to quit being unable to cope with the job pressures or he'll get the sack for poor performance. Seeker does not have a bright future and will forever be struggling in life where materialism is concerned.
It's not a job with Microsoft, dumbass. Microsoft SharePoint is a giant web application tool that all sorts of corporations use to manage their documents and business processes, so you don't even have the faintest idea of what you are speaking about. So how you can even begin to comment is beyond me. Why don't you move forward with that big invention you said you have that is going to save the world?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183333 Jul 22, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are doing well on these threads as a Muslim slave.
Muslims count on your being a Muslim suck ass, they will miss you.
Shamma, you have done nothing but made an azz of yourself here and your are an embarrassment to Christians because essentially, you're just a nasty person. You're not even sarcastic or even insulting, you're just nasty and people laugh at you. You copy and paste articles that span over 5 posts and monopolize entire pages, but when it comes time for you yourself to say anything, it's usually pretty ignorant and all you can do is to repeat over and over that Muslims are going to hell. Do you honestly think those statements mean even one single thing to them? You obviously have no mind of your own and have probably never thought an original thought of your own in your entire life.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183334 Jul 22, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims know they can count on you to cause strife among believers in the God-Man Jesus Christ.
I don't cause any strife that your yourself doesn't cause. Christians are not supposed to behave like Muslims and have an "us verses them" team sort of ethos. So Christians do not defend each other, whether they are right or wrong, just because they are Christians. That's what Muslims do, but that's not what Christians are supposed to do. Either one is right, or they are wrong, regardless of whether they are Christian or not, and I must say that your behavior embarrasses me. You make Christians look stupid and you confirm some of the negative stereotypes that people have for them.

Location hidden

#183335 Jul 22, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell are you talking about? You have no understanding of what a poster writes.
I think at some point in your life you have beaten your head too strong.
Seeker shouldn't throw stones if he doesn't want stones thrown back at him.

I don't accept good and evil mixed together to produce an apparent good that includes murdering innocent people for the cause of Muslim mob rule
We all have a human right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness with out Muslim religious thugs and murderer's wanting to use their religious mob laws to rule the world..

Muslims refuse to debate their religion as a religious government in wanting to subdue all non-Muslims under their control.
This thread ask the question "Who is Allah"
Under Muslim religious laws Allah is the Muslim religious government representing God on earth, and all peoples are subject to the religious laws made by Muhammad their prophet.

And I for one do not accept Muhammad as having authority over my life.

This thread is not about Jesus Christ, its about the Muslim god called Allah.

Location hidden

#183336 Jul 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't cause any strife that your yourself doesn't cause. Christians are not supposed to behave like Muslims and have an "us verses them" team sort of ethos. So Christians do not defend each other, whether they are right or wrong, just because they are Christians. That's what Muslims do, but that's not what Christians are supposed to do. Either one is right, or they are wrong, regardless of whether they are Christian or not, and I must say that your behavior embarrasses me. You make Christians look stupid and you confirm some of the negative stereotypes that people have for them.
Tell me what you believe is right and wrong in the teaching of Jesus Christ?
Are Christians suppose to have a blind eye to the evils of Muslims using Muhammad as the last prophet as an excuse to subdue and murder innocent people?

According to your beliefs Seeker, Christians are supposed to be willing allow Muslims to define good and evil to Christians according to their Muslim prophet Muhammad.
Well Seeker that is not what Christians are taught by the teachings of Jesus in the Gospels to do.

According to the teachings of Jesus Christ, liars, rapist, robbers, and murder's will not enter into the kingdom of God.

And again according to your beliefs Seeker it is wrong for Christians to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ to publicly rebuke those that do such things.

Of course you are not a Christian, yet your personal ego is ruffled by Christians acting like Christians in rebuking the evil Muslims live and commit under the command of their prophet Muhammad.

You are a beggar Seeker!
You beg to be accepted by Muslim as a self righteous idiot..
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#183337 Jul 22, 2013
uhuh wrote:
Jesus said: "After the Tribulation, the stars will fall from the sky" (Matt 24:29)
<quoted text>
Isaiah and other prophets said that the stars will cease to shine and become dark
only Jesus (god) said that they will FALL
fall down to where? down to earth? lol
Uhuh, clearly they will cease to shine because they will run out of fuel.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#183338 Jul 22, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
no I was talking about the "crowds" in the fictional gospels -- why did they want Jesus dead
the jews got rid of him like they got rid of other "false prophets", NOT because he claimed divinity
1. I want you to read your own words with care and understanding.
2. I want you to compare your own words i.e. the former and now the current ones.
3. I want you to accept my forgiveness for the nonsense that you have written.

Uhuh, previously---the JEWS in the FICTIONAL gospels accuse Jesus of claiming divinity learned real-life Jews know that Jesus did no such thing - it was Paul,'John' and the Church fathers who ascribe divinity to Jesus

Uhuh, currently---no I was talking about the "crowds" in the fictional gospels -- why did they want Jesus dead
the jews got rid of him like they got rid of other "false prophets", NOT because he claimed divinity

Hugh--- Was Paul, the Jew, the former Pharisee a "learned real-life Jew"? I ask because YOU have said that learned real Jews knew that Jesus did not claim divinity. You also said Paul, the Jew, the former Pharisee, the persecutor of Christinas did attributed divinity to Jesus. Get It?

Was Nicodemus, a pharisee and " a ruler of the Jews" a "learned real-life" Jew?

Did he kill Jesus?

What about Matthew the Tax collector and Jew, was he learned? Did he kill Jesus?

John 12:42 "Nevertheless among the CHIEF RULERS also MANY believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue:"

Tell me, Uhuh, are the CHIEF RULERS LEARNED Jews? Note they are mentioned in the Gospels.

Learn this, Jesus your "little YHWH" was MURDERED by the Pharisees because they were Jealous of Him and they sought to protect their status as pharaohs over the children of Israel.

Finally, which one of your sages are one with God?

Which one of them came down from HEAVEN? Jesus said that He did.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#183339 Jul 22, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Seeker shouldn't throw stones if he doesn't want stones thrown back at him.
I don't accept good and evil mixed together to produce an apparent good that includes murdering innocent people for the cause of Muslim mob rule
We all have a human right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness with out Muslim religious thugs and murderer's wanting to use their religious mob laws to rule the world..
Muslims refuse to debate their religion as a religious government in wanting to subdue all non-Muslims under their control.
This thread ask the question "Who is Allah"
Under Muslim religious laws Allah is the Muslim religious government representing God on earth, and all peoples are subject to the religious laws made by Muhammad their prophet.
And I for one do not accept Muhammad as having authority over my life.
This thread is not about Jesus Christ, its about the Muslim god called Allah.
What exactly he said that bother you?

Location hidden

#183340 Jul 22, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
He insist I should be nice to Muslims, and suggest that it is wrong to tell them that lying, raping, robbery and murder is sin.
He gives me a sermon when I tell Muslims they are going to hell for Murdering non-Muslims.
He says Christians should not talk like that.
He buts in and takes BMZ off the hook, and tries to embaras me in front of BMZ.
He did that 4 or five times already, and it the last post he apologized to Bmz and in saying I won't mention Shamma's name, but He admitted he said He tries to correct me, but I only get more angered.
And I am angered at his stupidity.
He is right about that.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#183341 Jul 22, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Salaams, brother.
mr seeker does not answer anything accurately, honestly or completely.
He needs to properly answer my long outstanding questions although he finally managed to confess that Mark, Matt and Luke contain nothing direct from Jesus claiming divinity in any shape or form.
Hope he stops avoiding you.
He is struggling to even understand your very good questions, let alone tackle them.
We shall be able to extract a confession from mr. seeker, to that effect, fairly soon. I am also tightening his noose.
Salaams.
Alex, WM
Thank you brother for your comments.

I think it would be best if you leave Mr. Seeker and me alone. We are doing our discussion any way.

I see he is very busy with other people on this thread, but with me, he gives little time.

I am a slow person, I want things to be done in small steps, I have patience, Inshallah Allah will help me to finish this important discussion.

Salaam

MUQ
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#183342 Jul 22, 2013
Mr. Seeker

1. Please do not try to misunderstand me, I do not say that there are “No Prophesy about Jesus in OT books”.

2. What I am arguing is that people pinning any and every so called prophesy on the personality of Jesus.

3. Just slightest reference to some “future deliverer” for Israel, and any future event, or any scene depicting real and imaginary life of Jesus, and they hasten to conclusion that it is about Jesus. Even when the similarity is very superficial.

That is why so called prophesies about Jesus become in hundred and thousands.

4. The correct approach should be to carefully analyze these verses, check the context, and then see if it matches with the profile and mission of Jesus.

5. There are many prophesies made before first exile of Jews to Babylon and during the period of captivity.

6. Many of these prophesies were fulfilled when Jews returned from exile and reestablished their rule.

7. Some of these prophesies show “conflicting traits”, some are for a Powerful king ruling over nations, judging between nations and having all might and power.

8. Then there are some about some one suffering and meek and suffering every type of insults.

You can not put both of these prophesies on the same person.

9. That is where Christians have made their error and they are trying to put “contradictory qualities” on the same person.

10. When we will go to analyze prophesies in OT and NT book regarding our prophet, you will see that there is no such contradictions.

11. That is why I asked you to provide some clear cut prophesy about Jesus in OT books, so we can have no confusion.

Location hidden

#183343 Jul 22, 2013
who="Shamma"
Seeker insist I should be nice to Muslims, and suggest that it is wrong to tell them that lying, raping, robbery and murder is sin.
He gives me a sermon when I tell Muslims they are going to hell for Murdering non-Muslims.
He did that 4 or five times already, and it the last post he apologized to Bmz and in saying I won't mention Shamma's name, but He admitted he said He tries to correct me, but I only get more angered.
He is right about that.

Replied to BMZ:
Seeker wrote:
Well that was a really nice post. You do Muslims well when you do things like this. Very respectable. But now, I can't insult you anymore. LOL!!! Anyway, thanks. I'm never one to actually wish ill will on anyone, and sometimes it really upsets me to see others, who I will not mention by name, wishing that people here will go to hell and telling them that, and I have even corrected that person for doing so, but as expected, it only made them angrier. You know who I am talking about. Every religion has their "not so good" people.

Location hidden

#183344 Jul 22, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeker insist I should be nice to Muslims, and suggest that it is wrong to tell them that lying, raping, robbery and murder is sin.
He is right about that.

Replied to BMZ:
Seeker wrote:
Well that was a really nice post. You do Muslims well when you do things like this. Very respectable. But now, I can't insult you anymore. LOL!!! Anyway, thanks. I'm never one to actually wish ill will on anyone, and sometimes it really upsets me to see others, who I will not mention by name, wishing that people here will go to hell and telling them that, and I have even corrected that person for doing so, but as expected, it only made them angrier. You know who I am talking about. Every religion has their "not so good" people.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#183345 Jul 22, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
He is right about that.
Replied to BMZ:
Seeker wrote:
Seeker was trying to educate you. He was saying something exactly similar to what Jesus said:

"What comes out of a person is what defiles them. For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and defile a person.”"

So, what you write against us, keeps on defiling you! And you present yourself as a defiled person.

bmz

Singapore

#183346 Jul 22, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey idiot,

Did these so-called Hebrew prophets know about black holes?

Were they aware that the sun is also a star?

Did they know the stars shine due to thermonuclear fusion involving hydrogen and helium?
So, they were as ignorant as Jesus, right?

If you must condemn one, condemn the others as well. This is fair-mindedness and the sign of good breeding.

Ok, filthy idiot?
How come your post did not show any sign of good breeding?

bmz

Singapore

#183347 Jul 22, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>He insist I should be nice to Muslims, and suggest that it is wrong to tell them that lying, raping, robbery and murder is sin.
He is right about that.
Mommy! Mommy! Seeker is bugging me.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#183348 Jul 23, 2013
SB wrote:
I think Christians observe Sunday because it was the day Jesus allegedly rose from the dead.

Most Christians don't even know they don't keep the Sabbath.
Ans.

My point was that it was not Jesus who fixed Sunday as Sabbath day for Christians.

It was they who picked it up, so as to be "separate" from Jews.

In case of Muslims, Friday was fixed as "day of Assembly" and not as Day of Sabbath.

Allah Knows Best.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183349 Jul 23, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me what you believe is right and wrong in the teaching of Jesus Christ?
Are Christians suppose to have a blind eye to the evils of Muslims using Muhammad as the last prophet as an excuse to subdue and murder innocent people?
According to your beliefs Seeker, Christians are supposed to be willing allow Muslims to define good and evil to Christians according to their Muslim prophet Muhammad.
It's just like stephano said, either you haven't read any of my posts or you simply can't understand them.
Shamma wrote:
Well Seeker that is not what Christians are taught by the teachings of Jesus in the Gospels to do.
According to the teachings of Jesus Christ, liars, rapist, robbers, and murder's will not enter into the kingdom of God.
And Muslims are not the only people who fit these categories. In fact, there was no Islam nor any Muhammad when Jesus spoke his words.
Shamma wrote:
And again according to your beliefs Seeker it is wrong for Christians to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ to publicly rebuke those that do such things.
Maybe it's wrong to be completely stupid in how you do that. Did you ever think of that? Of course not.
Shamma wrote:
Of course you are not a Christian, yet your personal ego is ruffled by Christians acting like Christians in rebuking the evil Muslims live and commit under the command of their prophet Muhammad.
People from all religions do bad things. The question is whether their scriptures themselves cause them to do these things or not or whether it's just them as a person. you make it sound like evil and murder was not invented until Islam came along. Why don't you spend more time of the specifics of the scriptures rather than calling all Muslims evil murderers? They aren't evil murderers just because they are Muslims. You are nothing but a bigoted moron who can't see people themselves, only the categories that they fit into for you. By why am I even bothering to say this to an angry brick head?
Shamma wrote:
You are a beggar Seeker!
You beg to be accepted by Muslim as a self righteous idiot..
I don't think that anyone with half a brain would say that I am begging to be accepted by anybody here. Not even fellow Christians, if they are an idiot like yourself, let alone Muslims. You are a complete embarrassment to any decent, thinking Christian.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News From riches to ruins: Ancient Greeks 'stored mi... Wed SpaceBlues 1
News Mummified Remains Found in Indiana Jun 29 wichita-rick 6
News El Paso Museum of Archaeology trails need repair Jun 29 eyes of texas 1
News Islamic State Group Blows up 2 Mausoleums in Sy... Jun 26 Mawar 2
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Jun 20 Frankie Lucas 1,972
News Before us, the Chickasaw: Their history is ofte... Jun 20 Different times 1
News LBL managers working on plans, seeking input on... (Jun '10) Jun 13 Just Sayin 2
More from around the web