Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,282

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183262 Jul 22, 2013
Trisha wrote:
What a waste of human time and energy.
THERE IS NO ALLAH.
:p
What a waste of human time and energy.
There is no Trisha.
This chap is a bs merchant who posts as a female.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183263 Jul 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Mr. Seeker
I see that you are very much active in answering so many people on this thread, that you forgot to reply to my "little discussions".
What I wanted to ask you was that Isaiah Chapter 9 mentions so many qualities about the "Deliverer of Isreal"....many of which Jesus did not fulfill.
So is it right to take one "ambiguous word" like "A child is born, a son is given to us" (which could be applied to almost every human child)....and make "sure" that Isaiah was indeed speaking about Jesus?
What about rest of qualities that Jesus did not fulfill?
Please answer me, because this is very important point and we could use this as a "yardstick" in analyzing when we discuss about our prophet.
Please, I ask you sincerely to continue our discussion.
It is not every day, that we get some one as learned and expert on prophesies like you, let us make best use of your knowledge and expertise in this matter.
I myself is only a beginner in these matters.
Salaams, brother.
mr seeker does not answer anything accurately, honestly or completely.
He needs to properly answer my long outstanding questions although he finally managed to confess that Mark, Matt and Luke contain nothing direct from Jesus claiming divinity in any shape or form.
Hope he stops avoiding you.
He is struggling to even understand your very good questions, let alone tackle them.
We shall be able to extract a confession from mr. seeker, to that effect, fairly soon. I am also tightening his noose.
Salaams.
Alex, WM
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#183264 Jul 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Quran says that Sabbath day was for Jews and not a Universal practice... When our prophet came, he was given Friday as the day of assembly.
Where is the problem? We do not deny that Jews were given Sabbath day, let them enjoy it!!
Ask Christians why they selected Sunday? Did Jesus chose it for them?
I think Christians observe Sunday because it was the day Jesus allegedly rose from the dead. Most Christians don't even know they don't keep the Sabbath.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#183265 Jul 22, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the answer bmz. But don't muslims also have one day off per week and isn't that day traditionally Friday? And if so, why Friday?
You are welcome, Susan.

You have asked another good question.

Scripturally speaking, we have not been given a day to rest.

This is what the verse tells for Friday. A simple contemporary translation from yours truly:

"Believers, when you are called for the prayers on Friday, leave your trade/work and go quickly for praying to Allah. Realize that this will be better for you. When the prayers are over, spread out and seek the bounty of Allah and praise Allah so that you can prosper."

In other words, when it is time for prayers on Friday, stop work, go and pray. After prayers are over, go back to work.

So, you can see we have no day off. Muslims in the M. E. take off for two days (Friday and Saturday).

Most Muslim countries have Sunday as a holiday but this has nothing to do with Christianity.

Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183266 Jul 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I already gave a very long answer using John long ago where I even referenced the verses for each question, and I'm not going through the effort again and you are lucky that I even did it the first time. You can go back and find it if you would like. I'm not putting anymore effort into it only to please a childish, ignorant little troll. It's that simple, little boy tyrant. I was fair enough to actually answer, now YOU do the work. You should feel lucky when anybody answers anything for you since you answer absolutely nothing yourself. Again, if you think you are going to dictate the conversation, you are sadly mistaken and completely out of your mind.
My poor slave who doesn't know his Evyonim from his gout!
We are NOT interested in your "tafsir" on john!!! LOL........LOL...
Not a single sensible person here is interested in your deluded "john tafsirs".
So, be a good slave boy and answer properly with facts.
Do you not even wonder for one tiny second using that tiny brain of yours as to why you think Jesus is "god" when he NEVER made a single DIRECT claim to that effect?

Now let's go on to John by many johnnies!
USE THE SAME TEMPLATE as before, my slave.

Show us where Jesus is making DIRECT claims in the first person as follows, in John:
1. "I am God in 'the' flesh"
2. "I am God!"
3. "I am THE only begotten son of God"
4. "I am God in person"
5. "I am God Incarnate"
6. "I am THE Father and Father and I are one and the same person" 7. "I am made of sin"
8. "God is a trinity and I am part of that trinity or triune"
9. "I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die on a Roman cross for the sins of Gentiles or the world or the entire humanity/"
10. "Through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice as your God in human form as my own son, you can have eternal life"
11. "Therefore, Worship me and the cross"
12. "Father, ghost and I are co equal, co eternal and consubstantial gods forming a godhead"
13.“I, Jesus, existed before God as Word and I, Jesus, became God” 14.“Hey Philip! I am THE Father"
15. "Worship and kiss the cross and get your pope to kiss it, carry it with him and raise it like Moses' serpent"
16.“My mission is not to bring a book, but to die for sins of GENTILES and JEWS”
17. "I am your saviour (dear gentiles)

NO NEED FOR "Johnny TAFSIRS". JUST "YES" OR "NO" FOR EACH QUESTION, WITH PROOF - perhaps Chapter/Verse.

Good slave boy.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183267 Jul 22, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I think Christians observe Sunday because it was the day Jesus allegedly rose from the dead. Most Christians don't even know they don't keep the Sabbath.
You are correct Suasan.
They use the OT to confuse themselves and others.
The main purpose of the OT for their establishment is very simple:
To produce some spurious proof about their "mangod".

Most Christians don't know the difference between Sabbath and a Bird-bath.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#183268 Jul 22, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
and how old was Noah?
950 years. And he spent about 360 years sleeping in bed. This included a 2 hour Siesta every day.

Bro, actually it does not mean that Noah lived to a rotten old age of 950 years. It means his people followed his teachings for a period of 950 years and later went back to idolatry.

By the same token, we can say Jesus was hardly 75 years old. How can we say that?

Because people did not follow his way, quarreled for 3-4 centuries and went for idolatry of the triune God.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183269 Jul 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, it's time for you to first explain why we even need to discuss whether Jesus was prophecized or not and what this has to do with Muhammad being prophecized. I'm not going off into a tangent unless you first explain. BTW, I will soon be spending very little time here, as I have a very important interview this Wednesday, so I would suggest that you step it up a little bit.
Slippery slave
The noose is getting to him.
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#183270 Jul 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really unteachable!
As an Italian, you talk with your hands and actually I can have a conversation with you without speaking a word. However, it is imperative that we educate you.
The problem is that you do not understand the topic and what is being discussed.
To me, Greek is a language that is poor, unrefined, crude and unfit for a scripture.
For example, if I am talking to you in real life in my language, I would use "We" frequently when talking to you, provided you know my language, while you will be doing "I", "I" "I". I is not an important word in the Oriental languages.
Persian is a very sweet language, Greek is not.
SalaamZ & Yassoo! LOL! The greeks could have had a beautiful language had the spent more time at it! Instead they were too busy inventing greek myth and playing at being Malaka,s(mstrbatrz).How do you seperate the men from the boys in greece???...with a tire-iron!LOL! CheerZ
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183271 Jul 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
950 years. And he spent about 360 years sleeping in bed. This included a 2 hour Siesta every day.
Bro, actually it does not mean that Noah lived to a rotten old age of 950 years. It means his people followed his teachings for a period of 950 years and later went back to idolatry.
By the same token, we can say Jesus was hardly 75 years old. How can we say that?
Because people did not follow his way, quarreled for 3-4 centuries and went for idolatry of the triune God.
lol... Let sleeping Noah be!
Also very true about Jesus, bro.
I was remining colonic that 950+ years is no better than 300 years that closet Christian is going on and on about.
Does he know anything?
Perhaps he may understand cryopreservation and/or hibernation...lol.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183272 Jul 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If we find many "key element" missing, then we should look for another candidate.
I disagree. If we find a very important key element missing or where that person could NOT have met that criteria, then that person is disqualified
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
02. Regarding Isaiah 9:6, I already mentioned that it speaks of someone who will free the Yoke of Jews, He will be a ruler and sit on the Throne of David.
In between , a "piece is added" that a "Child is Born, a Son is given…and he will be called such and such".
Not called "such and such", those names were pretty specific. You are trying to downplay the elements that do not meet your desires.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was not called all those names during his life time,
It does not say when he will be called those names and by who.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
his mission was very brief and he did not deliver Jews, nor he set on the Throne of David.
He delivered in terms of the New Covenant spoke about in Jeremiah 31, and he is supposed to return and that is when he will deliver upon the rest. Nothing in the prophecy says exactly when it will happen nor does it say that as soon as it has begun, it shall be completed. So there is much gray area.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
03. I do not want to "guess" to whom it was actually made. I am only concern with that it does not fit Jesus.
Well, it's possible that the real Messiah has still yet to come as Jews believe (because they have to or else they did some very bad things to the Messiah), but there is nobody else that people call God Almighty and Prince of Peace, and billions of Christians call him that. And since Jesus himself clearly prophecised his return, there is nothing that disqualifies him from this prophecy.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
05. I politely asked you to mention another "clear cut" prophesy about Jesus from OT books, so we can see how it fits Jesus.
Isaiah 7:14
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
07. I am not unnecessarily prolonging this discussion , this is step by step process which I mentioned in the beginning of my discussion.
And the problem is that I already know exactly where you are trying to go with this, and this has been a tremendously unneccessary waste of time for me.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

But jesus saying "Moses wrote about me" does not mention that you put "every prophesy which Moses made on Jesus.
So what do you think that Jesus meant when he said that? What do you think that Jesus meant when he said that Isaiah wrote about him as well?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
We should not be of "closed mind" and be objective in our analysis. If Jesus did not fulfill one prophesy, we should look for an alternate person.
I don't even care whether Jesus met the specific prophesy of Deuteronomy 18:18. If like unto thee meant performing miracles like Moses did, then Jesus would possibly be a good candidate.

Deuteronomy 34
10 Since then, no prophet has risen in Israel like Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face, 11 who did all those signs and wonders the Lord sent him to do in Egypt—to Pharaoh and to all his officials and to his whole land. 12 For no one has ever shown the mighty power or performed the awesome deeds that Moses did in the sight of all Israel.

So at the time of this writing, nobody else came that performed miracles like Moses did. So like unto thee in 18:18, could easily mean performing miracles like Moses did. But again, this discussion is not about whether Jesus or any other Jew was that prophet mentioned in 18. Some Christians think it was Jesus. Some Jews think it was Joshua, some think it was Jeremiah, and some think that it was speaking of all of the Jewish prophets. This discussion is about Muhammad and how we can be SURE that it was not him. I know EXACTLY what you are trying to set up, and we could have saved a lot of time.
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#183273 Jul 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome, Susan.
You have asked another good question.
Scripturally speaking, we have not been given a day to rest.
This is what the verse tells for Friday. A simple contemporary translation from yours truly:
"Believers, when you are called for the prayers on Friday, leave your trade/work and go quickly for praying to Allah. Realize that this will be better for you. When the prayers are over, spread out and seek the bounty of Allah and praise Allah so that you can prosper."
In other words, when it is time for prayers on Friday, stop work, go and pray. After prayers are over, go back to work.
So, you can see we have no day off. Muslims in the M. E. take off for two days (Friday and Saturday).
Most Muslim countries have Sunday as a holiday but this has nothing to do with Christianity.
SalaamZ O gracious One! have you heard this old myth as to how the sabbath came to be? Well! shortly after the great war in heaven satan and his minions were subdued,and all of heaven rejoiced.ALLAH called upon all the reresentitives of religions to declare a holy day of worship.The most attentive and often timely were there first...The Hebrew and the Muslim.They waited for the others until ALLAH declared them tardy and started the proceedings.They hotly debated who would have what day,so the Muslim won out and chose first and best,picking Friday,a most auspicious day for their sabbath.The Hebrew quickly grabbed up Saturday as their sabbath,another auspicious day.Arriveing late as usual! the crosstian was rather put out that the best two days had already been taken,and started ranting! ALLAH immediately put a stop to their whineing and made them take Sunday as their sabbath.They grumbled at the fact because Sunday was not such an auspicious day,but one for the pagan day of worshipping the SUN!So they grumbled about the compitition.ALLAH,now miff'd declared them bad losers and banished them to satans realm...the earth! CheerZ
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183274 Jul 22, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text> SalaamZ ALX LOL! Glad you and the master scholar BMZ agree.I appreciate your complements and support may ALLAH have both your backs in this never ending story.I brought up the short little history of bible distortions to make a serious point that unless Crosstians research outside of the bible they automatically confine themselves to only the contents thereof.For instance how would they know that in 100 A.D. the council of rabbi,s would canonize 36 books in hebrew only?Or that the first translations were to greek? Or worse! that because of these histories it proves beyond a reasonable doubt that Jesus(pbuh) NEVER wrote a bible,nor did He ever instruct anyone to do so.Just by the time line(a 600 year old book comparrison),alone , we can easily see that the best rendering of the bible was compiled approx.904 A.D. which makes the Holy-Qur'An 300 OLDER than the bible! The first standard Qur'An being produced approx. 653 A.D. Now seriously,how on earth do you argue with this kind of historical fact unless you,re a mindless heretic? LOL! CheerZ
SalaamsZ and SalutationZ Rabbeen Al Jihad! Thank you for your comments and I can see that you are turning up the heat my fellow skinner of sinners!! seeker is getting "sicker". He wants to avoid answering anything these days.
If we think about it, they talk about KJV that was only "manufactured" in the 1th century. Until then the peasants did not really get near a "bible"!
This also means Quran is 1000 older than KJV! More chuckles!LOL.
CheerZ

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#183275 Jul 22, 2013
SHABBATH & FRIDAY:

So, El made shabbath the day of prayers and rest holy for the Hebrews, then, with the advent of Muhammad, El/Allah decided to make Friday the day of prayers and of rest. The prayers and rituals of the Jews and Muslims are also very different. I guess El changed the prayers and rituals, too, aside from the day of rest, when Muhammad came around. LOL. the Muslims are really licking the azz of the Jews to accept Islam, Muhammad and Quran as extensions of Judaism. ha ha ha ha ha ha. The Jews have the upper hand. LMAO.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183276 Jul 22, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Slippery slave
The noose is getting to him.
Why don't you just sit back and shut up and watch what happens. MUQ is simply wasting a lot of time and I told him where I am going to go with this from the very beginning, but he refused to listen. Now I have to have all of this stupid patience with him as I watch him try the things that I already knew he would right from the beginning. This could have been a 5 post discussion. It's awful to watch someone think they are being clever when what they are actually doing is as transparent as glass. I feel like I'm being patient with a 5th grader.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#183277 Jul 22, 2013

COMMENTS: So, the megalomaniacal Allah needs to be praised if he is to confer his bounties on the Muslims who remain as stupid and impoverished as they have been since centuries. LOL.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183278 Jul 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. If we find a very important key element missing or where that person could NOT have met that criteria, then that person is disqualified
<quoted text>
Not called "such and such", those names were pretty specific. You are trying to downplay the elements that do not meet your desires.
<quoted text>
It does not say when he will be called those names and by who.
<quoted text>
He delivered in terms of the New Covenant spoke about in Jeremiah 31, and he is supposed to return and that is when he will deliver upon the rest. Nothing in the prophecy says exactly when it will happen nor does it say that as soon as it has begun, it shall be completed. So there is much gray area.
<quoted text>
Well, it's possible that the real Messiah has still yet to come as Jews believe (because they have to or else they did some very bad things to the Messiah), but there is nobody else that people call God Almighty and Prince of Peace, and billions of Christians call him that. And since Jesus himself clearly prophecised his return, there is nothing that disqualifies him from this prophecy.
<quoted text>
Isaiah 7:14
<quoted text>
And the problem is that I already know exactly where you are trying to go with this, and this has been a tremendously unneccessary waste of time for me.
<quoted text>
So what do you think that Jesus meant when he said that? What do you think that Jesus meant when he said that Isaiah wrote about him as well?
<quoted text>
I don't even care whether Jesus met the specific prophesy of Deuteronomy 18:18. If like unto thee meant performing miracles like Moses did, then Jesus would possibly be a good candidate.
Deuteronomy 34
10 Since then, no prophet has risen in Israel like Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face, 11 who did all those signs and wonders the Lord sent him to do in Egypt—to Pharaoh and to all his officials and to his whole land. 12 For no one has ever shown the mighty power or performed the awesome deeds that Moses did in the sight of all Israel.
So at the time of this writing, nobody else came that performed miracles like Moses did. So like unto thee in 18:18, could easily mean performing miracles like Moses did. But again, this discussion is not about whether Jesus or any other Jew was that prophet mentioned in 18. Some Christians think it was Jesus. Some Jews think it was Joshua, some think it was Jeremiah, and some think that it was speaking of all of the Jewish prophets. This discussion is about Muhammad and how we can be SURE that it was not him. I know EXACTLY what you are trying to set up, and we could have saved a lot of time.
This clueless fool is producing "tafsir" after "tafsir"!
You got him MUQ!
Mahmood

Woodstock, Canada

#183279 Jul 22, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
and how old was Noah?
According to the Koran he lived to the age of 950.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183280 Jul 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Very astute observation, and they ALL do it, not just BMZ. Their logic is twisted. If they have a hole in their boat, they try to fix it by trying to poke a hole in another boat, and they have no idea of the logical fallacy of this. They really think this is solid logic. And this behavior is pretty much consistent across the board with Muslims which leads me to believe that it's not the individual and instead might have something to do with the religion itself causing them to be so illogical and uneducated.
It's funny that in a forum about Islam, and a topic about Allah, all that Muslims want to do is discuss Christianity. And they don't even know what to do with you since you are not a Christian and therefore their deflection game has no bearing on you. But either way, these people are constantly playing games, and it's pretty shameful, but it seems indicative of Muslims in general. Nobody seems to play more games than Muslims do, so what does that say?
and colonna knows that my evyonim slave is logical because my slve thinks that "god came as BJ"!lol..
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#183281 Jul 22, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Koran he lived to the age of 950.
Thank you as if.
Patriarch Age Bible Reference
1 Adam 930 Genesis 5:4
2 Seth 912 Genesis 5:8
3 Enosh 905 Genesis 5:11
4 Cainan 910 Genesis 5:14
5 Mahalalel895 Genesis 5:17
6 Jared 962 Genesis 5:20
7 Enoch 365 (translated) Genesis 5:23
8 Methuselah 969 Genesis 5:27
9 Lamech 777 Genesis 5:31
10 Noah 950 Genesis 9:29

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) 3 hr tongangodz 1,968
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Dec 16 uiha 5
Stonemason James Vieira of Ashfield studies &#x... (Dec '12) Dec 9 sam 5
Alleged Dead Sea Scrolls Looters Indicted Dec 9 How Stuff Works 1
Oldest Metal Object in Middle East Discovered Dec 8 Bill 1
Locked Away for Years, Skeleton's Secrets Rewri... Dec 7 Buhboo 1
Tiberias Region Dec 7 Mike 1
More from around the web