Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253910 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#183200 Jul 20, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
The Royal "WE" is not singular.
It is plural.
Use of Royal "We" in the Bible.
Genesis 1:26-27
New International Version (NIV)
26 Then God said,“Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.
Genesis 3:22
New International Version (©2011)
And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."
Genesis 11:7-8
7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.”
8 So the Lord scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city.
Isaiah 6:8
8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying,“Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said,“Here am I. Send me!”
Isiah 41:14
Fear not, you worm Jacob,
You men of Israel!
I will help you,” says the Lord
And your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.
15 “Behold, I will make you into a new threshing sledge with sharp teeth;
You shall thresh the mountains and beat them small,
And make the hills like chaff.
16 You shall winnow them, the wind shall carry them away,
And the whirlwind shall scatter them;
You shall rejoice in the Lord,
And glory in the Holy One of Israel.
The Quran uses the Royal "WE" in the plural sense.
Muhammad is included and implied to be an uncreated Being as a partner with Allah.
"We have sent down the Book to Moses"
It implies that Muhammad was with Allah from the beginning of creation.
The royal we
Pronoun used by royalty to indicate that they represent both the body natural and the body politic*. Thus, the usage of the personal pronoun 'we'.
*the collective body of a nation or state as politically organized with the king/queen being viewed as the head, the peasantry being viewed as the legs etc.
"We are not amused". Queen Victoria
In using the Royal "WE" Muhammad used it in the plural sense that his religion was not separate from the political ruling government.
"We" indicates in the Qura Islam the ruling power of one nation one government for all peoples of the earth!
So, where is the word We in the verses you quoted? We are not talking about 'Us'.

Referring to "So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.", do you think that God is half male and half female?

You are worse than Stefano in comprehension.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#183201 Jul 20, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
So, where is the word We in the verses you quoted? We are not talking about 'Us'.
Referring to "So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.", do you think that God is half male and half female?
You are worse than Stefano in comprehension.
You are ignorant of the usage of the Royal "WE".

The Royal "WE" it denotes the power of a ruler and its government.
And that is the meaning of the Royal "We" in the Quran.
It's usage in the Quran is not out of respect for God.

Muslims use it to demarcate the Holiness of God and grab the power of mob rule under the guise of respect for God.

Islam is evil to its core.
It uses the name of God for mob rule.
Muhammad was an evil scumbag.
bmz

Singapore

#183202 Jul 20, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are ignorant of the usage of the Royal "WE".
The Royal "WE" it denotes the power of a ruler and its government.
And that is the meaning of the Royal "We" in the Quran.
It's usage in the Quran is not out of respect for God.
Muslims use it to demarcate the Holiness of God and grab the power of mob rule under the guise of respect for God.
Islam is evil to its core.
It uses the name of God for mob rule.

Muhammad was an evil scumbag.
You crossed the line again!

No! The Son of God was the Evil Scumbag. Trust me! Look at yourself what that scumbag has turned you and other polemic Christians into!
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#183203 Jul 20, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Are you talking about Paul, the Jew, the former Pharisee?
no I was talking about the "crowds" in the fictional gospels -- why did they want Jesus dead
the jews got rid of him like they got rid of other "false prophets", NOT because he claimed divinity
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

#183204 Jul 20, 2013
the test of a true navi,
describing PAST events is also considered nevuah/prophesy

the Jews of Medina asked Muhammad for details on the cave-sleepers and Zulqarnayn
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#183205 Jul 20, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No! The Son of God was the Evil Scumbag. Trust me! Look at yourself what that scumbag has turned you and other polemic Christians into!
rabbee: hey! don't any of you evil and wicked scumbag talking critters, blame me for what you all did to your grandmother to reject GanEden again.

your quran is nothing more than your acceptable way, against G-D here in TheTorah you all hate from G-D here in IT. i hate all of you and your grandmother, for all rejecting G-D here in TheTorah again with your new gnostic testaments. do not blame me or G-D, for what you have all did to yourselves in disbelief.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183206 Jul 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. You have asked a very good question that why we are discussing about Jesus, when that was not our main aim!!
1A. You are very right, but I told you that I wanted to do it in step by step manner. I should know what are your “standards” of analyzing prophesies.
1B. And the Best subject was Jesus, because there are hundreds and thousands (according to Zealot Christians) Clear cut prophesies about Jesus in OT books. But some people have gone so far to claim that “Jesus is the main topic of all OT books”
1C. That is why I asked you to first provide a few prophesies about Jesus, so I know some “Basic rules” as to how to interpret and analyze prophesies.
1D. It seems your first one Isaiah 9:6 was no so clear at all. Jesus did not meet many of Most Critical elements. So I would ask you to present another Sure and Clear prophesy about Jesus.
1E. I know how busy you are, we cannot finish this discussion by Wednesday, let it be a slow process.
2. I am not “flattering” you really. I am just being civil and using civil language so we do not start demonizing each other.
2A. I am from India and we use English language in our Indian way, may be it looks somewhat odd to you.
2B. I do not demand anything from you, except to go one step at a time.
2C. I do not have 24 hour access to Internet and we exchange only one post each day. Why should it annoy you, I cannot imagine.
2D. I want this process to be slow, so we make a proper base. I will give you ample chance to question me, when we start our discussion on “What Bible says about Prophet Mohammad”.
2E. But let us analyze a “Few more prophesies” about Jesus in OT books.
2 F. Please provide next “Clear and straight forward prophesy about Jesus”.
PS:
I am not dictating any thing, I am only requesting you to please help this discussion in a step by step way.
I never asked any irrelevant question and I did not swerve from the topic to the best of my knowledge.
Look, whether Jesus was prophecisized in the OT or not has NOTHING to do with whether Muhammad was. Now would you please stick with the topic? I told you, my time is running short and I have an important interview coming up which I must prepare for, and if I get this job, it will be rare to see me on here, if at all. So choose your time well. Next post, I might lay the entire matter out that the discussion will inevitably get to anyway as this is the only place that the conversation can inevitably ever lead to. And I will tell you why Muhammad was not the prophet that Moses predicted. It might not even be Jesus, but it is CERTAIN that it was not Muhammad and I can explain exactly why, rather then having to go through all of this nonsense with you. You might think that you are being methodical and clever, but from my perspective, with a high education level, this whole thing you are trying to build is nothing but a waste of time and could have been handled within about 10 posts. I'm sure you THINK it's clever and careful methodology, but you do not have the education level to realize that it is not. And while I always go out of my way to try to be a fair and open person, sometimes trying to be that way is nothing but wasteful stupidity on my part.

Location hidden

#183207 Jul 20, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not going over the line!
Its your own Muslim way of life exposed by Muhammad and his Muslim followers.
Muslims are not just about worshiping their god called Allah.
Muslims are about subduing all other religions till they submit to Muslim government rule over them.
That is an abuse of using Gods name to gain mob rule over the peoples of the world.

Muslims are so sensitive and deceptive about going about subduing other religions they make it a blasphemy law under their religion with punishment to speak the truth about their ambition.
Muslims want to be respected by all peoples in their quest to murder and subdue the peoples in gaining power to rule over the peoples of the world.
That's insanity.
bmz

Singapore

#183208 Jul 20, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>That is not going over the line!
Its your own Muslim way of life exposed by Muhammad and his Muslim followers.
Muslims are not just about worshiping their god called Allah.
Muslims are about subduing all other religions till they submit to Muslim government rule over them.
That is an abuse of using Gods name to gain mob rule over the peoples of the world.
Muslims are so sensitive and deceptive about going about subduing other religions they make it a blasphemy law under their religion with punishment to speak the truth about their ambition.
Muslims want to be respected by all peoples in their quest to murder and subdue the peoples in gaining power to rule over the peoples of the world.
That's insanity.
Insane Christian,

Crossing the line of decency is a typical Christian polemicist's last resort. You did cross and that is why I wrote:

"You crossed the line again!

No! The Son of God was the Evil Scumbag. Trust me! Look at yourself what that scumbag has turned you and other polemic Christians into!"

Location hidden

#183209 Jul 20, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Insane Christian,
Crossing the line of decency is a typical Christian polemicist's last resort. You did cross and that is why I wrote:
"You crossed the line again!
No! The Son of God was the Evil Scumbag. Trust me! Look at yourself what that scumbag has turned you and other polemic Christians into!"
You don't get it!
This has nothing to do with Jesus Christ.
It's all about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
And the goal of Muhammad and the Muslim religious government is to take those basic human rights away from non-Muslims.
Since the founding of Muhammad's religious government by Muhammad, that has been the goal of Muslim people.

That is the fundamental teaching of Muhammad's Quran.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#183210 Jul 20, 2013
Seeker wrote:
01. Look, whether Jesus was prophesized in the OT or not has NOTHING to do with whether Muhammad was. Now would you please stick with the topic? I told you, my time is running short and I have an important interview coming up which I must prepare for, and if I get this job, it will be rare to see me on here, if at all. So choose your time well.

02. Next post, I might lay the entire matter out that the discussion will inevitably get to anyway as this is the only place that the conversation can inevitably ever lead to.

03. And I will tell you why Muhammad was not the prophet that Moses predicted. It might not even be Jesus, but it is CERTAIN that it was not Muhammad and I can explain exactly why, rather then having to go through all of this nonsense with you. You might think that you are being methodical and clever, but from my perspective, with a high education level, this whole thing you are trying to build is nothing but a waste of time and could have been handled within about 10 posts.

I'm sure you THINK it's clever and careful methodology, but you do not have the education level to realize that it is not. And while I always go out of my way to try to be a fair and open person, sometimes trying to be that way is nothing but wasteful stupidity on my part.
Ans.

01. I must know what are your criterion for analyzing any prophesy made in OT and NT books. Unless I know that, it would be wrong to start discussing with you, what these books say about our prophet.

From what I saw in Isaiah 9:6 was that it was only “superficial resemblances” which led you to “Jump to the conclusion” that it was about Jesus.

You should first list ALL qualities mentioned in the prophesy, and also look in the CONTEXT and then propose any claimant to that prophesy.

This is the MOST natural way to analyze any prophesy.

02. What I see is your reluctance to go ahead with this discussion. I see you are very active and vocal with so many other people on this very thread, but when it comes to me, you are always in hurry.

The subject which we are discussing is far more important and useful than those “endless discussions” you have with so many people.

Our subject is not only interesting, but it is on a very fundamental subject.

I never know that you will be “so allergic” to list prophesy about Jesus from OT, where there are hundreds and thousands prophesies about them.

Why not analyze a few with me.

03. Whether Moses spoke about our prophet or not , will become clear, when we see what he said about Jesus.

After all Jesus came 600 years before our prophet, so he was much closer to the dates, when these prophets lived.

04. I am not acting clever, or pulling wool over your eyes, I told you in the beginning that I would discuss it in a slow manner, one point at a time.

05. So please give me another prophesy about Jesus from ANY of OT books, which is “better” and more unambiguous than Isaiah 9:6.

PS:

I never deviated from the main subject, what I did was to lay proper foundation and understand , how you people analyze these prophesies.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183211 Jul 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You should first list ALL qualities mentioned in the prophesy, and also look in the CONTEXT and then propose any claimant to that prophesy.
This is the MOST natural way to analyze any prophesy.
What happens if we say that a prophesy seems to be talking about someone because someone has some similarities to the prophecy, but there is an element or part of that prophesy that would exclude that person from being the person prophecised?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183212 Jul 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I saw in Isaiah 9:6 was that it was only “superficial resemblances” which led you to “Jump to the conclusion” that it was about Jesus.
It's pretty funny how you said that this part of Isaiah 9 doesn't mean much and could mean anybody.

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders."

And you completely ignored the second part of the verse

"And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

Now you saw that second part and purposefully ignored it when you tried to say that Isaiah 9 could mean anybody in your reply to me. So this is dishonesty. So now, not only do you try to manipulate the direction of the conversation, you have also shown me that you are willing to practice dishonesty by way of omission. This is just getting worse and worse.

But either way, for the sake of argument, why don't we just say that Jesus was never prophecized in the OT at all and move the discussion forward, ok? It doesn't matter whether he was prophecized or not in terms of the subject we are SUPPOSED to be discussing and still have not even discussed yet after many many posts. And you wonder why I find this so annoying?

If you want to know how I try to judge whether a prophecy is talking about a certain person or not, here it is. First of all, telling whether a person meets a prophecy or not is always a guess because often prophecies can be cryptic. So one makes their best guess and the more similar someone seems to be in their qualities, the more likely it becomes that they are the person who fulfills the prophecy. However, if there is a specific REQUIREMENT of that prophecy that the person does not or cannot meet, then that person is automatically disqualified from being the person who meets that prophecy. If there are no specific requirements that the person CLEARLY does not meet, then we move on to consider how likely it is that the person is the one who was prophecized.

Is that clear enough for you? Can we move on now?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183213 Jul 21, 2013
MUQ, I forgot to mention one other thing that I use to determine whether a person fulfills a prophecy or not. If the person who is supposed to fulfill the prophesy even mentions the person who made the prophesy of him and says that that prophet spoke of him, then it becomes even more likely that the person is the person prophecized, because now the person himself is even specifically mentioning the person who prophecized him and is making the claim that he is that person who the prophet predicted would come.

Location hidden

#183215 Jul 21, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Bigot
It comes from the LORD Almighty and is quite close to the Laws given to Moses in the Torah.
Do you think the Divine Law in the Torah was given by some big Bigot?
The Divine law of God was given by God for the civility of mankind.
The seven laws given to Noah listed are the natural laws given by God.
1.The prohibition of Idolatry.
2.The prohibition of Murder.
3.The prohibition of Theft.
4.The prohibition of Sexual immorality.
5.The prohibition of Blasphemy.
6.The prohibition of eating flesh taken from an animal while it is still alive.
7.The requirement of maintaining courts to provide legal recourse.

The 10 commands are the religious laws given by God.
The 10 Commandments List in Exodus 20:2-17

1.“I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.

2.“You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

3.“You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

4.“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

5.“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you.

6.“You shall not murder.

7.“You shall not commit adultery.

8.“You shall not steal.

9.“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

10.“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”

Under both the natural law and the religious laws of God, the Muslim Sharia laws violate the human dignity of the person hood of human beings.

blas·phe·my (blsf-m)
n. pl.blas·phe·mies
a. A contemptuous or profane act, utterance, or writing concerning God or a sacred entity.

b. The act of claiming for oneself the attributes and rights of God.

2. An irreverent or impious act, attitude, or utterance in regard to something considered inviolable or sacrosanct.

Muhammad's Sharia law also blasphemes God in that the laws of Muhammad's Sharia laws is attributed to the Divine religious laws of God.
Of which of course they are not!
bmz

Singapore

#183216 Jul 21, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The Divine law of God was given by God for the civility of mankind.
The seven laws given to Noah listed are the natural laws given by God.
1.The prohibition of Idolatry.
2.The prohibition of Murder.
3.The prohibition of Theft.
4.The prohibition of Sexual immorality.
5.The prohibition of Blasphemy.
6.The prohibition of eating flesh taken from an animal while it is still alive.
7.The requirement of maintaining courts to provide legal recourse.
The 10 commands are the religious laws given by God.
The 10 Commandments List in Exodus 20:2-17

1.“I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.

2.“You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
3.“You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
4.“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
5.“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you.
6.“You shall not murder.
7.“You shall not commit adultery.
8.“You shall not steal.
9.“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10.“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”
Under both the natural law and the religious laws of God, the Muslim Sharia laws violate the human dignity of the person hood of human beings.
blas·phe·my (blsf-m)
n. pl.blas·phe·mies
a. A contemptuous or profane act, utterance, or writing concerning God or a sacred entity.
b. The act of claiming for oneself the attributes and rights of God.
2. An irreverent or impious act, attitude, or utterance in regard to something considered inviolable or sacrosanct.
Muhammad's Sharia law also blasphemes God in that the laws of Muhammad's Sharia laws is attributed to the Divine religious laws of God.
Of which of course they are not!
Thank you for waking up and quoting “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me."

So, have mercy on yourself and never say that there is any other God or god besides God. Also, stop saying that Jesus is God if you believe in what you wrote and quoted.

I expect that you will not blaspheme against the LORD anymore. Your sins are forgiven provided that you blaspheme the LORD no more. Please email the Pope and the Church.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#183217 Jul 21, 2013
uhuh wrote:
the test of a true navi,
describing PAST events is also considered nevuah/prophesy
the Jews of Medina asked Muhammad for details on the cave-sleepers and Zulqarnayn
The Jews of Medina knew Muhammad was a navi or prophet after he told them that some people slept in a cave for 300 years? LOL

Ridiculous stories written in a book for ridiculous people.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183218 Jul 21, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews of Medina knew Muhammad was a navi or prophet after he told them that some people slept in a cave for 300 years? LOL
Ridiculous stories written in a book for ridiculous people.
Actually they asked him how long they slept there and Muhammad danced around the question by saying "Allah knows".
bmz

Singapore

#183219 Jul 21, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Hello Law-breaker

And please start observing the Sabbath. Wouldn't you observe the blessed day, which the LORD hallowed but you threw it behind your back?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183220 Jul 21, 2013
Now why are we supposed to notice that the sky has no rifts, cracks or flaws in it? Is it because the author of the Quran thought the sky was a solid sort of dome or canopy just like 7th century Bedouin Arabs thought it was? Does the author have the same mistaken perception of what the sky actually is that 7th century Bedouin Arabs had? Hmmmm.... Could it be that Muhammad actually wrote this verse? Oh no, no no no. That's impossible, right? LOL!!

M. M. Pickthall
Have they not then observed the sky above them, how We have constructed it and beautified it, and how there are no rifts therein?

Shakir
Do they not then look up to heaven above them how We have made it and adorned it and it has no gaps?

Yusuf Ali
Do they not look at the sky above them?- How We have made it and adorned it, and there are no flaws in it?

Dr. Laleh Bakhtiar
Look they not on the heaven above them, how We built it and made it appear pleasing? And there are not any gaps in it.

Wahiduddin Khan
Have they not observed the sky above them and marked how We have built it and adorned it, leaving no flaws in it;

[Progressive Muslims]
Did they not look to the sky above them, how We built it, and adorned it, and how it has no openings

Abdel Haleem
Do they not see the sky above them––how We have built and adorned it, with no rifts in it;

Abdul Majid Daryabadi
Have they not looked up to the heaven above them, in what wise We have constructed and bedecked it, and that therein is no rift?

Ahmed Ali
Have they not looked at the sky above them, how We have fashioned and adorned it, and it has no flaw?

Aisha Bewley
Have they not looked at the sky above them: how We structured it and made it beautiful and how there are no fissures in it?

Ali Ünal
But do they, then, never observe the sky above them (to ponder Our Knowledge and Power; and reflect) how We have constructed it and adorned it, and that there are no rifts in it?

Ali Quli Qara'i
Have they not then observed the sky above them, how We have built it and adorned it, and that there are no cracks in it?

Hamid S. Aziz
Do they not then look up to heaven above them how We have made it and adorned it and it has no gaps (rifts or flaws)?

Muhammad Mahmoud Ghali
Have they not then looked at the heaven above them, how We have built it, and adorned it, and (how) in no way has it any rifts?

Muhammad Sarwar
Have they not seen how We have established the sky above them and decked it without gaps and cracks?

Muhammad Taqi Usmani
Did they not, then, look to the sky above them, how We have built it and beautified it, and it has no cracks?
Shabbir Ahmed Do they not look at the sky above them how We have built it and beautified it, and there are no flaws therein!

Umm Muhammad (Sahih International) Have they not looked at the heaven above them - how We structured it and adorned it and [how] it has no rifts?

Farook Malik
Have they never looked at the sky above them, and marked how We have made it and adorned it, and there are no flaws in it?

Dr. Mohammad Tahir-ul-Qadri
Have they not looked at the sky above them how We made it and (how) We adorned it, and there is no crack in it?

Dr. Kamal Omar
Have they then not pondered towards the heaven above and over them how We have made it and adorned it, and there are not any of the flaws relating to it ?

Talal A. Itani
Have they not observed the sky above them, how We constructed it, and decorated it, and it has no cracks?

Maududi
Did they never observe the sky above them: how We built it and beautified it; and it has no cracks;

And what's going to happen to this dome or canopy that has no rifts, cracks or flaws? It's going to become weak and tear or crack open on the last day. Sure sounds like a canopy or dome to me.

69: 15-16
On that Day shall the (Great) Event come to pass.
And the sky will be rent asunder, for it will that Day be flimsy,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Airport runway battle heats up in Macon (Mar '09) Aug 15 Curious 31
News Ruby Rose reveals John Wick 2 co-star Keanu Ree... Aug 14 daredevil82 2
News Archaeologists in Serbia Unearth Ancient Spells... Aug 14 srbosjek 2
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug 11 Faa Samoa 1,978
News Preservation unit under probe - Hawaii News (Aug '09) Jul 26 Georgina 45
Cities’ Identity Through Architecture and Arts ... Jul '16 moabdallah 1
News On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Unsealed (Jan '13) Jul '16 Antonia 4
More from around the web