Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256289 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183213 Jul 21, 2013
MUQ, I forgot to mention one other thing that I use to determine whether a person fulfills a prophecy or not. If the person who is supposed to fulfill the prophesy even mentions the person who made the prophesy of him and says that that prophet spoke of him, then it becomes even more likely that the person is the person prophecized, because now the person himself is even specifically mentioning the person who prophecized him and is making the claim that he is that person who the prophet predicted would come.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#183215 Jul 21, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Bigot
It comes from the LORD Almighty and is quite close to the Laws given to Moses in the Torah.
Do you think the Divine Law in the Torah was given by some big Bigot?
The Divine law of God was given by God for the civility of mankind.
The seven laws given to Noah listed are the natural laws given by God.
1.The prohibition of Idolatry.
2.The prohibition of Murder.
3.The prohibition of Theft.
4.The prohibition of Sexual immorality.
5.The prohibition of Blasphemy.
6.The prohibition of eating flesh taken from an animal while it is still alive.
7.The requirement of maintaining courts to provide legal recourse.

The 10 commands are the religious laws given by God.
The 10 Commandments List in Exodus 20:2-17

1.“I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.

2.“You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

3.“You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

4.“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

5.“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you.

6.“You shall not murder.

7.“You shall not commit adultery.

8.“You shall not steal.

9.“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

10.“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”

Under both the natural law and the religious laws of God, the Muslim Sharia laws violate the human dignity of the person hood of human beings.

blas·phe·my (blsf-m)
n. pl.blas·phe·mies
a. A contemptuous or profane act, utterance, or writing concerning God or a sacred entity.

b. The act of claiming for oneself the attributes and rights of God.

2. An irreverent or impious act, attitude, or utterance in regard to something considered inviolable or sacrosanct.

Muhammad's Sharia law also blasphemes God in that the laws of Muhammad's Sharia laws is attributed to the Divine religious laws of God.
Of which of course they are not!
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#183216 Jul 21, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The Divine law of God was given by God for the civility of mankind.
The seven laws given to Noah listed are the natural laws given by God.
1.The prohibition of Idolatry.
2.The prohibition of Murder.
3.The prohibition of Theft.
4.The prohibition of Sexual immorality.
5.The prohibition of Blasphemy.
6.The prohibition of eating flesh taken from an animal while it is still alive.
7.The requirement of maintaining courts to provide legal recourse.
The 10 commands are the religious laws given by God.
The 10 Commandments List in Exodus 20:2-17

1.“I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.

2.“You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
3.“You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
4.“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
5.“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you.
6.“You shall not murder.
7.“You shall not commit adultery.
8.“You shall not steal.
9.“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10.“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”
Under both the natural law and the religious laws of God, the Muslim Sharia laws violate the human dignity of the person hood of human beings.
blas·phe·my (blsf-m)
n. pl.blas·phe·mies
a. A contemptuous or profane act, utterance, or writing concerning God or a sacred entity.
b. The act of claiming for oneself the attributes and rights of God.
2. An irreverent or impious act, attitude, or utterance in regard to something considered inviolable or sacrosanct.
Muhammad's Sharia law also blasphemes God in that the laws of Muhammad's Sharia laws is attributed to the Divine religious laws of God.
Of which of course they are not!
Thank you for waking up and quoting “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me."

So, have mercy on yourself and never say that there is any other God or god besides God. Also, stop saying that Jesus is God if you believe in what you wrote and quoted.

I expect that you will not blaspheme against the LORD anymore. Your sins are forgiven provided that you blaspheme the LORD no more. Please email the Pope and the Church.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#183217 Jul 21, 2013
uhuh wrote:
the test of a true navi,
describing PAST events is also considered nevuah/prophesy
the Jews of Medina asked Muhammad for details on the cave-sleepers and Zulqarnayn
The Jews of Medina knew Muhammad was a navi or prophet after he told them that some people slept in a cave for 300 years? LOL

Ridiculous stories written in a book for ridiculous people.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183218 Jul 21, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews of Medina knew Muhammad was a navi or prophet after he told them that some people slept in a cave for 300 years? LOL
Ridiculous stories written in a book for ridiculous people.
Actually they asked him how long they slept there and Muhammad danced around the question by saying "Allah knows".
bmz

Location hidden

#183219 Jul 21, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Hello Law-breaker

And please start observing the Sabbath. Wouldn't you observe the blessed day, which the LORD hallowed but you threw it behind your back?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183220 Jul 21, 2013
Now why are we supposed to notice that the sky has no rifts, cracks or flaws in it? Is it because the author of the Quran thought the sky was a solid sort of dome or canopy just like 7th century Bedouin Arabs thought it was? Does the author have the same mistaken perception of what the sky actually is that 7th century Bedouin Arabs had? Hmmmm.... Could it be that Muhammad actually wrote this verse? Oh no, no no no. That's impossible, right? LOL!!

M. M. Pickthall
Have they not then observed the sky above them, how We have constructed it and beautified it, and how there are no rifts therein?

Shakir
Do they not then look up to heaven above them how We have made it and adorned it and it has no gaps?

Yusuf Ali
Do they not look at the sky above them?- How We have made it and adorned it, and there are no flaws in it?

Dr. Laleh Bakhtiar
Look they not on the heaven above them, how We built it and made it appear pleasing? And there are not any gaps in it.

Wahiduddin Khan
Have they not observed the sky above them and marked how We have built it and adorned it, leaving no flaws in it;

[Progressive Muslims]
Did they not look to the sky above them, how We built it, and adorned it, and how it has no openings

Abdel Haleem
Do they not see the sky above them––how We have built and adorned it, with no rifts in it;

Abdul Majid Daryabadi
Have they not looked up to the heaven above them, in what wise We have constructed and bedecked it, and that therein is no rift?

Ahmed Ali
Have they not looked at the sky above them, how We have fashioned and adorned it, and it has no flaw?

Aisha Bewley
Have they not looked at the sky above them: how We structured it and made it beautiful and how there are no fissures in it?

Ali Ünal
But do they, then, never observe the sky above them (to ponder Our Knowledge and Power; and reflect) how We have constructed it and adorned it, and that there are no rifts in it?

Ali Quli Qara'i
Have they not then observed the sky above them, how We have built it and adorned it, and that there are no cracks in it?

Hamid S. Aziz
Do they not then look up to heaven above them how We have made it and adorned it and it has no gaps (rifts or flaws)?

Muhammad Mahmoud Ghali
Have they not then looked at the heaven above them, how We have built it, and adorned it, and (how) in no way has it any rifts?

Muhammad Sarwar
Have they not seen how We have established the sky above them and decked it without gaps and cracks?

Muhammad Taqi Usmani
Did they not, then, look to the sky above them, how We have built it and beautified it, and it has no cracks?
Shabbir Ahmed Do they not look at the sky above them how We have built it and beautified it, and there are no flaws therein!

Umm Muhammad (Sahih International) Have they not looked at the heaven above them - how We structured it and adorned it and [how] it has no rifts?

Farook Malik
Have they never looked at the sky above them, and marked how We have made it and adorned it, and there are no flaws in it?

Dr. Mohammad Tahir-ul-Qadri
Have they not looked at the sky above them how We made it and (how) We adorned it, and there is no crack in it?

Dr. Kamal Omar
Have they then not pondered towards the heaven above and over them how We have made it and adorned it, and there are not any of the flaws relating to it ?

Talal A. Itani
Have they not observed the sky above them, how We constructed it, and decorated it, and it has no cracks?

Maududi
Did they never observe the sky above them: how We built it and beautified it; and it has no cracks;

And what's going to happen to this dome or canopy that has no rifts, cracks or flaws? It's going to become weak and tear or crack open on the last day. Sure sounds like a canopy or dome to me.

69: 15-16
On that Day shall the (Great) Event come to pass.
And the sky will be rent asunder, for it will that Day be flimsy,
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183221 Jul 21, 2013
Who is Allah? Why he is Muhammad's hand puppet. That's why the revelations always seemed to arrive just when Muhammad needed them. Check out this one. This one arrived after Hafsa was supposed to keep it a secret that he had sex with one of the female slaves and not tell the other wives. But she did, and they were angry, so out comes Sura 66. The Quran wasn't just a guidance for all mankind, apparently it was also used to justify Muhammad's behavior so that he can do what he wants to do.

1. O Prophet! why do you forbid (yourself) that which Allah has made lawful for you; you seek to please your wives; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

He didn't want to have sex with the pretty slave girl, but Allah told him not to deny himself of her even if it angers his wives

2. Allah indeed has sanctioned for you the expiation of your oaths and Allah is your Protector, and He is the Knowing the Wise.

Just because you promised one of your wives you wouldn't have sex with the slave girl, doesn't mean you have to keep that promise. Allah says you don't have to, so it's okay to have sex with that slave girl. Allah has sanctioned it for him.

3. And when the prophet secretly communicated a piece of information to one of his wives-- but when she informed (others) of it, and Allah made him to know it, he made known part of it and avoided part; so when he informed her of it, she said: Who informed you of this? He said: The Knowing, the one Aware, informed me.

So Muhammad sees the look of anger on his wives faces, and then claims he knows that Hafsa told them because Allah told him that she did. LOL!!!

4. If you both turn to Allah, then indeed your hearts are already inclined (to this); and if you back up each other against him, then surely Allah it is Who is his Guardian, and Jibreel and -the believers that do good, and the angels after that are the aiders.

And if you all get mad at him, Allah and the angels will be mad at you. So be scared and lose your anger.

5. Maybe, his Lord, if he divorce you, will give him in your place wives better than you, submissive, faithful, obedient, penitent, adorers, fasters, widows and virgins.

And if you don't like Muhammad's behavior, he can just replace you with virgins. So you better shut up and feel lucky that he doesn't and let him cheat on you whenever he feels like it.

He sure seemed to use that powerful Allah hand puppet to sanction a lot of things that he did or wanted to do. Funny how this is in a book from God that is supposed to be about instructing mankind. Why is it even bothering to talk about Muhammad's personal matters?

Hmmmmmmm........
bmz

Location hidden

#183222 Jul 21, 2013
Seeker wrote:
Now why are we supposed to notice that the sky has no rifts, cracks or flaws in it? Is it because the author of the Quran thought the sky was a solid sort of dome or canopy just like 7th century Bedouin Arabs thought it was? Does the author have the same mistaken perception of what the sky actually is that 7th century Bedouin Arabs had? Hmmmm.... Could it be that Muhammad actually wrote this verse? Oh no, no no no. That's impossible, right? LOL!!
M. M. Pickthall
Have they not then observed the sky above them, how We have constructed it and beautified it, and how there are no rifts therein?
Shakir
Do they not then look up to heaven above them how We have made it and adorned it and it has no gaps?
Yusuf Ali
Do they not look at the sky above them?- How We have made it and adorned it, and there are no flaws in it?

Abdel Haleem
Do they not see the sky above them––how We have built and adorned it, with no rifts in it;
Abdul Majid Daryabadi
Have they not looked up to the heaven above them, in what wise We have constructed and bedecked it, and that therein is no rift?

Maududi
Did they never observe the sky above them: how We built it and beautified it; and it has no cracks;

And what's going to happen to this dome or canopy that has no rifts, cracks or flaws? It's going to become weak and tear or crack open on the last day. Sure sounds like a canopy or dome to me.

69: 15-16
On that Day shall the (Great) Event come to pass.
And the sky will be rent asunder, for it will that Day be flimsy,
Edited some for brevity.

Why did you not refer to the following translations on the same page, which would have made you understand easily?

Muhammad Asad: Do they not look at the sky above them - how We have built it and made it beautiful and free of all faults?

Edward Henry Palmer: Do not they behold the heaven above them, how we have built it and adorned it, and how it has no flaws?

George Sale: Do they not look up to the heaven above them, and consider how We have raised it and adorned it; and that there are no flaws therein?

John Medows Rodwell: Will they not look up to the heaven above them, and consider how we have reared it and decked it forth, and that there are no flaws therein?

What it means is that you see no disorder or chaos. Simply put, well arranged. Only an incompetent fool would take it to mean real cracks, fissures or gaps.

And why do you find it so difficult to understand 69: 15-16?

It simply means that the heavens will be rent asunder on that Day and heavens will collapse.

This should be very easy for a Christian to understand. If you can understand and believe in the following, you will easily understand 69:15-16 in a jiffy. I assure you!

Jesus agrees with us!

Mark 13:24-25 New International Version (NIV)
24 “But in those days, following that distress,“‘the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; 25 the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.

Matthew 24:29 New International Version (NIV)
29 “Immediately after the distress of those days “‘the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken"

Question: How could the Bronze Age man say that the stars will fall from the sky?

Location hidden

#183223 Jul 21, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for waking up and quoting “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me."
So, have mercy on yourself and never say that there is any other God or god besides God. Also, stop saying that Jesus is God if you believe in what you wrote and quoted.
I expect that you will not blaspheme against the LORD anymore. Your sins are forgiven provided that you blaspheme the LORD no more. Please email the Pope and the Church.
What brings you to the conclusion that Jesus is not God?

All the rational logic and reasoning in scripture points to Jesus being the Son God equal to God.
Jesus claims that God is His biological Father.
Meaning Jesus has the same nature and Essence of God His Father.

When Adam was created by God, Adam was created out of the dust of the earth.
Adam is not the biological son of God.
None of us humans are the biological sons and daughters of God.
We humans are all descendants of Adam made from the dust of the earth.
But Jesus was not a descendant of Adam.

So how do you conclude that God is not the biological Father of Jesus?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183224 Jul 21, 2013
What does rent asunder mean? It means to split or tear open, right? The stars are suppose to scatter or fall, the sun is supposed to fold up it's light up, the moon is supposed to be rent asunder, and the sky is supposed to be rent asunder as well. It's talking about all of these things as things that are separate from each other

Why is the fate of the sky or heaven written as a separate thing as the fate of the stars, sun and moon?

Why do so many translators translate the verse I mentioned as rifts or cracks? The majority of them do. Flaw can simply mean a rift or crack.

Given how it is said to be decorated with stars, what sort of flaw are we ever supposed to see? Split stars? Flawed stars? By flaw, it's talking about rifts or cracks, and others even say gaps or spaces. Are we supposed to inspect stars for flaws, rifts, gaps, or openings? In the context of this verse, the only thing that flaws can mean are gaps, rifts, cracks or openings, and that's exactly what some of the translators meant when they said flaws because it can't have any other meaning. And this is clearly treating the sky as an object in of itself and makes no reference to any specific things within the sky.

Is the sky going to merely have flaws on the last day or is it going to tear open?

As far as Matthew goes, first of all, this is Jesus quoting from Isaiah. Second of all, people thought that meteors were stars so why would Isaiah or even Jesus bother to tell them the difference? It's the same thing as far as they are concerned, and in revelation it says the same thing and says the stars will fall as if they are like figs being blown off a tree by a strong wind. That's exactly what a huge meteor shower would look like. As far as the sun darkening, that could have a number of explanations, and I did not criticize the Quran for saying the sun will fold up it's light and the moon will be rent asunder.

But speaking of the Quran, it says the stars will scatter. How does that get explained? So out of all of these things mentioned, the sky cracking open seems like the only impossible thing, with the stars scattering a close second.

So while I say that maybe Isaiah or Jesus didn't bother to explain the difference between stars and meteors, how can the sky cracking open possibly be explained? That is noticeably missing in the Bible's account.

Nice try at deflection.

Location hidden

#183225 Jul 21, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Law-breaker
And please start observing the Sabbath. Wouldn't you observe the blessed day, which the LORD hallowed but you threw it behind your back?
Why are you brain dead, and cannot retain knowledge given to you by Jesus Himself.
Jesus Defends His Disciples for Plucking Grain on the Sabbath >>
(Matthew 12:1-8; Mark 2:23-28; Luke 6:1-5)

Now it came to pass, in that season, Jesus went through the grain fields on the Sabbath. And His disciples were hungry and began to pluck the heads of grain and to eat, rubbing them in their hands. But some of the Pharisees, seeing it, said, "Why do ye that which it is not lawful to do on the Sabbath?" And they said to Him, "Behold, Thy disciples are doing that which it is not lawful to do on the Sabbath."

But Jesus, answering, said to them, "Have ye not read even this that David did when he had need and was hungry, himself and those with him: how he entered into the house of God, when Abiathar was high-priest, and took and ate the shewbread, and gave also to those with him; which it was not lawful for him to eat, nor for those with him, but for the priests only?

"Or have ye not read in the law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple violate the Sabbath and are guiltless? But 1 say to you, that a Greater than the temple is here. But if ye had known what this meaneth,'I desire mercy and not sacrifice', ye would not have condemned the guiltless."

And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath: therefore, the Son of man is Lord even of the Sabbath."
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#183226 Jul 21, 2013
Gee, once again, BMZ understands meanings of the Quran better than IBN Kathir. IBN BMZ writes his own Quran and his own tafsir as well.

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php...

"Allah the Exalted notifies the servants of His infinite power, which He demonstrated by creating what is bigger than that which they wondered about and whose possibility they discount,

(Have they not looked at the heaven above them, how We have made it and adorned it,) with lamps;

(and there are no Furuj in it) i.e., clefts, according to Mujahid. Others said that Furuj means, rifts, or cracks. All these meanings are close to one another. Allah the Exalted and Most Honored said,

(Who has created the seven heavens one above another; you can see no fault in the creation of the Most Gracious. Then look again: "Can you see any rifts'' Then look again and yet again, your sight will return to you in a state of humiliation and worn out.)(67:2-4) fatigued, unable to discover any imperfection or shortcomings

Tafsir Al Jalalayn
http://www.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp...

"Have they not then looked, with their own eyes, at the heaven, being, above them, in order to take heed by their own minds [of the consequences for them] when they deny the Resurrection, how We have built it, without supports, and adorned it, with planets, and how there are no cracks in it?, no fissures blemishing it."

Tafsir IBN Abbas
http://www.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp...

"(Have they) i.e. the disbelievers of Mecca (not then observed the sky above them) above their heads,(how We have constructed it) without pillars (and beautified it) and beautified it with stars,(and how there are no rifts therein) and how there are no rifts, cracks or defects therein?"

But, of course there is only one correct tafsir, and that is IBN BMZ. LOL!!!
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#183227 Jul 21, 2013
Here's the thing. Mohammad thought that the info that received during his catatonic states was from "Allah" via "Jibreel," and therefore unassailably true.

Of course, those who were most vocal in their rejections of Mohammad's truth claims were murdered.

No one can deny this fact.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#183228 Jul 21, 2013
CORRECTION:

Here's the thing. Mohammad thought that the info that HE received during his catatonic states was from "Allah" via "Jibreel," and therefore unassailably true.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#183229 Jul 21, 2013
Bukhari:V4B52N270 "Allah's Messenger said,'Who is ready to kill Ashraf? He has said injurious things about Allah and His Apostle.' Maslama got up saying,'Would you like me to kill him?' The Prophet proclaimed,'Yes.' Maslama said,'Then allow me to lie so that I will be able to deceive him.' Muhammad said,'You may do so.'"

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#183230 Jul 21, 2013
Boo!
bmz

Location hidden

#183231 Jul 21, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you brain dead, and cannot retain knowledge given to you by Jesus Himself.

Jesus Defends His Disciples for Plucking Grain on the Sabbath >>
(Matthew 12:1-8; Mark 2:23-28; Luke 6:1-5)
Now it came to pass, in that season, Jesus went through the grain fields on the Sabbath. And His disciples were hungry and began to pluck the heads of grain and to eat, rubbing them in their hands. But some of the Pharisees, seeing it, said, "Why do ye that which it is not lawful to do on the Sabbath?" And they said to Him, "Behold, Thy disciples are doing that which it is not lawful to do on the Sabbath."
But Jesus, answering, said to them, "Have ye not read even this that David did when he had need and was hungry, himself and those with him: how he entered into the house of God, when Abiathar was high-priest, and took and ate the shewbread, and gave also to those with him; which it was not lawful for him to eat, nor for those with him, but for the priests only?
"Or have ye not read in the law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple violate the Sabbath and are guiltless? But 1 say to you, that a Greater than the temple is here. But if ye had known what this meaneth,'I desire mercy and not sacrifice', ye would not have condemned the guiltless."

And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath: therefore, the Son of man is Lord even of the Sabbath."
Look at what you quoted, Braindead!

You quoted and this is what Jesus said:

"The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath: therefore, the Son of man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

There is no need for "Son" in above. It simply means:

"The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath: therefore, the man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

It does not mean Jesus was the Lord of Sabbath. What the heck? Lord of a day?
bmz

Location hidden

#183232 Jul 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
Boo!
lol!
bmz

Location hidden

#183233 Jul 21, 2013
El Cid wrote:
Bukhari:V4B52N270 "Allah's Messenger said,'Who is ready to kill Ashraf? He has said injurious things about Allah and His Apostle.' Maslama got up saying,'Would you like me to kill him?' The Prophet proclaimed,'Yes.' Maslama said,'Then allow me to lie so that I will be able to deceive him.' Muhammad said,'You may do so.'"
Then Abu Ahmaq reported that Maslama went to Ashraf and said, "I have been allowed to tell you a lie and I am going to deceive you."

Ashraf said, "OK! Try."

Maslama said, "Look there!"

Ashraf said, "Where?'

Maslama said, "Turn around and look towards the horizon. I see a cloud of dust over the dunes"

Ashraf said, "Oh, OK!"

Abu Ahmaq watched him draw his sword and saw that with one blow Maslama chopped off Ashraf's head.

Note: Ahmaq means fool in Arabic. So, Abu Ahmaq means Father of the Fool.

Now, what is that to you, Jacapo?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HELP - Searching for Archaeology Cartoon Sep 12 Kevin 1
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug '17 tongangodz 1,979
News Lost cities of the Midwest: A trek back to pre-... Jul '17 Von Zipper 7
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul '17 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul '17 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul '17 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun '17 spydie 35
More from around the web