Ans.Yes, if it doesn't specify a time frame.
2. Unless of course it is clear from the wordings, it is "Not necessary" that the prophesy be fulfilled during the life time of those to whom it is told, Do you agree with it?
Most of them are never intended to be fulfilled in the same lifetime.
3. A prophesy does not mention exact time and date when it will come to pass? There might be some hints, but exact dates are not mentioned,
Do you agree?
4. There are certainly no names of intended person are mentioned in any prophesy. Do you agree?
Yes, not usually.
I really appreciate your patience and cooperation in this discussion.
I think this was the first time, when you had to go thru the torture of dealing with a "Dumb Person". But it might be a lesson for both of us.
Please do not vanish, in the middle, this is a very fruitful discussion and it will benefit so many people on this thread.
01. So we have agreement on that it could take many centuries for some prophesies to fulfill.
And since they are not specific to any person or date, so there could be many false claimants for that prophesy.
02. And I think you will also agree that we try to match the Criterion mentioned in the prophesy, with the person we want as a prospective candidate and see how many he satisfies. Based on that we declare that such and such person is most suitable candidate for that prophesy.
I know it has taken too much of your valuable time, now I come to the prophesy Isaiah 9:6.
If you read the "Full passage of Isaiah chapter 9 from verses 1 to 8 (obviously verse 6 was not an "Island" in the ocean) the general view is about a "deliverer" for Israel.
The qualities mentioned are:
a. The person shall increase the joy of people.(V3)
b. He will break the yoke that is upon Israel , who is being oppressed (V5)
c. A child is born and a son is given to us (V6)
d. He will have Government on his shoulder (V6)
e. He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
f. There will be no end of his increase of Government and peace.
g. He will sit on the Throne of David and uphold the kingdom with justice and righteousness for ever.(V7).
03. The "general impression" is about a savior of Isreal and Jesus hardly fulfills many of the "Key criterion" especially the Government and deliverance part.
04. It seems you have given too much importance to the phrase "a child is born a son is given to us" . It is not mentioned that the 'Son will be without any human father".
05. And was Jesus called all those Titles, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace during his life time? You know his life, how it ended .His mission was a "failure during his life time".
Bulk of Jews rejected him and continue to reject him.
05. In which way Jesus sat on the Throne of David? David's kingdom was both physical as well as spiritual. Jesus' kingdom was only Spiritual.
06. I think Jesus does not satisfy most of the "Key elements" mentioned in this prophesy.
07. I would like to listen to your explanation , then I would like you to move another "crystal clear" prophesy about Jesus mentioned in OT books.
My purpose of this is just to find out "How you fix" these so called prophesies on the personality of Jesus.
And how thin and thick is the connection.
This will help us in the second part of discussion when we come to prophesies regarding our prophet in OT and NT books.
Please do not close this discussion now, because it is now on "fast track".